M99
CBarca
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Mr Nick09
Freeza
15 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 24 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:51 pm

Luca wrote:I felt my deleted response was a bit too heavy/lacked context @freeza

Listen, didn't you, just several pages ago wish injury upon all the Warriors' players because Boogie made a cuck move by signing for them? Yes, yes you did. Was it the Warriors' fault that an injured Boogie wanted to come and play for a fraction of his worth? Of course not, but you condemned them anyways. Did the rest of the league and fans respect Durant signing with the same Warriors? No, we did not.

I don't care about Kawhi's injury and its severity. I got no patience, cause I'm not a doctor.

I do care about his camp speaking on his behalf and being idiots.

I do care about a player threatening to sit out if he's not traded.

I do care that he makes 20M a year and doesn't think he has to show up to work.

Sometimes its ok to call a spade, a spade and take things at their face value.

I don't see how Warriors are comparable at all. I compared it to IT.

How is his camp being idiots? Everything you've heard about this story is from one point of view. It's the Spurs's story.

Him threatening to sit out is because he wanted to tank his value, which I actually think is fair. Stars never get traded for fair value either way.

Also you don't care about the injury? Laughing The injury is the god damn whole point of this entire saga. It's essential to care about it.

So you're mad he's holding out basically? Good thing you're not an NFL fan then. Teams treat players like shit. Forcing them to play on the franchise tag, so they can't leave and sign contract for their own worth.

Why is it bad that a player wants to force a trade when teams aren't loyal themselves?

Is it because his agent is in his family and not a rich white agent like Mintz or Pelinka?

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 24 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:53 pm

Freeza wrote:This situation is f'ing mess:

Verbal agreement with philly.

Backs out and says he wants to go Europe.

Signs with Kings Laughing

How about refuse to see his team which until now have done nothing but support him? Basically refuse to play and then when Spurs went to meet him his people made sure he was hidden.

Also this idea that Gregg *bleep* Popovich would do anything less than help his players and protect him is nothing short of preposterous.

He wanted to be in LA and used this as an excuse to position himself to be there, what's more he didn't have the balls to actually admit this but instead of made excuses for it.

What's happened in the last year has made me see him as a petulant child who I hope the worst for. One of the most unlikeable characters in the NBA imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:55 pm

Why are you quoting that post?

Pop was out trash talking his players in the media. His teammates were trash talking him when he was f'ing injured.

I really don't see how everyone is taking Spurs side completely on this when it's been proven Kawhi's injury was serious which Spurs doctors agreed to in March.

Incredibly PR.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:00 pm

Freeza wrote:
Luca wrote:I felt my deleted response was a bit too heavy/lacked context @freeza

Listen, didn't you, just several pages ago wish injury upon all the Warriors' players because Boogie made a cuck move by signing for them? Yes, yes you did. Was it the Warriors' fault that an injured Boogie wanted to come and play for a fraction of his worth? Of course not, but you condemned them anyways. Did the rest of the league and fans respect Durant signing with the same Warriors? No, we did not.

I don't care about Kawhi's injury and its severity. I got no patience, cause I'm not a doctor.

I do care about his camp speaking on his behalf and being idiots.

I do care about a player threatening to sit out if he's not traded.

I do care that he makes 20M a year and doesn't think he has to show up to work.

Sometimes its ok to call a spade, a spade and take things at their face value.

I don't see how Warriors are comparable at all. I compared it to IT.

How is his camp being idiots? Everything you've heard about this story is from one point of view. It's the Spurs's story.

Him threatening to sit out is because he wanted to tank his value, which I actually think is fair. Stars never get traded for fair value either way.

Also you don't care about the injury? Laughing The injury is the god damn whole point of this entire saga. It's essential to care about it.

So you're mad he's holding out basically? Good thing you're not an NFL fan then. Teams treat players like shit. Forcing them to play on the franchise tag, so they can't leave and sign contract for their own worth.

Why is it bad that a player wants to force a trade when teams aren't loyal themselves?

Is it because his agent is in his family and not a rich white agent like Mintz or Pelinka?

The Warriors comparison is because you spoke of the hypocrisy of fans and only viewing one point of view, so I elected to point out that this is exactly what you did- just days ago when it implicitly, negatively, impacted the Lakers by them not signing Boogie, but also Boogie joining the already best team for pennies to the dollar.

Not once did I say the Spurs were blameless in the Kawhi ordeal. But, in my view, what Kawhi did is unlikable, deplorable even.

Maybe he'll suck it up for a year in Toronto, I'm doubtful though.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:03 pm

*bleep* piece of shit Pop and Spurs organization

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:05 pm

the hypocrisy was about the loyalty argument, and players always getting hate when they take agency, while teams can trade players like baseball cards.

I never hated on Warriors because of loyalty. I hated it because of the mentality of joining a team you failed against (with Westbrook).

You can disagree with Kawhi, but I don't see how it's deplorable to request a trade to another team. Especially when the team has done what it has. But I doubt we're getting anywhere in this discussion.
––

As for Kawhi in Toronto, I think Masai is just trying for a full rebuild.

Could see him trading Kawhi to Lakers for Deng, Hart/Kuzma and 2-3 1st round picks.

I don't think this was a contending move at all.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:09 pm

I don't blame Kawhi for any sort of disloyalty, I'm not naive enough to believe in such things like loyalty in sports. Only you spoke of loyalty and IT.

I blame a general lack of professionalism, loud mouthpieces and the idea of sitting out to force things with the best coach ever at your helm when were talking about one season until his potential free agency. I know he had his reasons and it's seemingly benefited the Spurs as instead of seeing him walk for free and deal with this for another season, they got a certified baller in DeMar DeRozan.

I think this is Masai believing that the team was one Kawhi away from the finals and being unimpressed with both Casey and DeMar in the playoffs. I feel this is more one last shot kind of thing then it is a rebuild move.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:10 pm

Also in regards to this I just feel the whole situation is like a bad break up where both parties are just not good for each other, without anyone being "evil". I just hate how it's so one sided criticism when the one guy got seriously injured because of a mistake.

Sometime you just have to release them. Like we did with Shaq when him and Kobe just had to separate. We sent Shaq somewhere he wanted to go though. And not for a great return.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:14 pm

Yeah, it seems like the Spurs really did not want to do business with LA because I don't know the value of DeMar, but Poeltl and a protected first are not insane additives for a top 5 (?) player in the league when healthy

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:16 pm

Luca wrote:Yeah, it seems like the Spurs really did not want to do business with LA because I don't know the value of DeMar, but Poeltl and a protected first are not insane additives for a top 5 (?) player in the league when healthy

DeMar is also a horrible fit on Spurs. Lakers got shit for having no shooting, despite being top 10 3pt% after all star break. I just don't see who's supposed to stretch that floor.

Seems like it was done in spite, and also because Popovich has two years left or something and doesn't want to rebuild, so they took whatever veteran all star they could get.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:16 pm

Freeza wrote:Why are you quoting that post?

Pop was out trash talking his players in the media. His teammates were trash talking him when he was f'ing injured.

I really don't see how everyone is taking Spurs side completely on this when it's been proven Kawhi's injury was serious which Spurs doctors agreed to in March.

Incredibly PR.

No idea tbh Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:19 pm

Freeza wrote:
Luca wrote:Yeah, it seems like the Spurs really did not want to do business with LA because I don't know the value of DeMar, but Poeltl and a protected first are not insane additives for a top 5 (?) player in the league when healthy

DeMar is also a horrible fit on Spurs. Lakers got shit for having no shooting, despite being top 10 3pt% after all star break. I just don't see who's supposed to stretch that floor.

Seems like it was done in spite, and also because Popovich has two years left or something and doesn't want to rebuild, so they took whatever veteran all star they could get.

Dunno tbh, he's the shooting guard version of Aldridge tbh.

Seems a great fit for their ambitions of mid range shots hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:22 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Freeza wrote:

Dunno tbh, he's the shooting guard version of Aldridge tbh.

Seems a great fit for their ambitions of mid range shots hmm

Can't wait for that 1980's offense with 5 3xPTA per game Proud

Murray - DeRozan - Gay - Aldrige - Gasol

Gonna be a trip
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:23 pm

Freeza wrote:

Marco Belinelli Proud

I don't know, I feel like the Pop can get the best out of DeMar but maybe I just want to really see him succeed

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:28 pm

Luca wrote:

*bleep* piece of shit Pop and Spurs organization

Saying the right things. Good of him.

This on the other hand seems petty

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:28 pm

I think shooting is generally overrated tbh, in that sense I agree with how Magic has built the lakers.

We never really had a problem with spacing last year, if you have a well built offence with smart players you don't need a load of 3 point shooters to create good offence.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:30 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I think shooting is generally overrated tbh, in that sense I agree with how Magic has built the lakers.

We never really had a problem with spacing last year, if you have a well built offence with smart players you don't need a load of 3 point shooters to create good offence.

I agree with this. I'm just writing the other stuff as a rebuff of everyone hating on the Lakers.

Also because the people saying it are ignoring how much they improved last season shooting wise throughout the season. Hard to see an offense with LeBron not being good. Defense is where we'll need to do well.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:47 pm

Yeah I mean I'm still critical of what the Lakers did but for different reasons.

I believe Magic is overstating certain level of the skillset of the players he's signed.

For example I know from experience Rondo isn't a good defender, Lance isn't and quite frankly Javale isn't either.

From a playmaker and playoff experience they tick the boxes but I don't think defensively they do.

With that said I do agree with Magic's approach I just feel like the players he signed doesn't particularly achieve the results he desires.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:54 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Yeah I mean I'm still critical of what the Lakers did but for different reasons.

I believe Magic is overstating certain level of the skillset of the players he's signed.

For example I know from experience Rondo isn't a good defender, Lance isn't and quite frankly Javale isn't either.

From a playmaker and playoff experience they tick the boxes but I don't think defensively they do.

With that said I do agree with Magic's approach I just feel like the players he signed doesn't particularly achieve the results he desires.

I think Rondo is good when he's on national TV and playoffs. Disinterested when he's not.

Lance is intense enough and can defend on average level. He's not a bad at least.

JaVale is good. He can switch and protect the rim. Sometimes he lacks discipline though. Def improved last year, and he was incredible in the finals.

Kuzma is a lost cause on defense. Looks like that at least, last season.

I think a Lonzo - KCP - Ingram - LeBron - JaVale lineup can be pretty good on defense, when LeBron wants to. Sub in Hart for JaVale on small ball line ups.

Regarding Magic's words I feel people are taking him too literally when he says he's building the squad to compete. Some are taking him saying that as him thinking Rondo and Lance will make us beat GSW. He obviously knows this. I'm tired of people acting like Magic isn't one the all time great basketball minds, because of his intern tweeting some generic bullshit every once in a while.

Maginka has said from the start they're on a 2-3 year plan right now. They know they're not competing this year. They're just saving cap space for another player, and then they'll add players that can playmake once the second max guy is signed next year.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:04 pm

I get that tbh, also despite what he says publicly I'm sure he knows this team can't beat Golden State lol.

I just think there's certain aspects that even he is underestimating, like I said I don't believe any of them are good defenders at this stage.

I feel I like his approach but the players he got doesn't get what he wants from said approach. Mind you I don't blame him really, he did what he could in a terrible free agency in terms of money.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:07 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I get that tbh, also despite what he says publicly I'm sure he knows this team can't beat Golden State lol.

I just think there's certain aspects that even he is underestimating, like I said I don't believe any of them are good defenders at this stage.

I feel I like his approach but the players he got doesn't get what he wants from said approach. Mind you I don't blame him really, he did what he could in a terrible free agency in terms of money.

I'm just seeing a lot of shit takes about Magic being delusional from actual paid NBA journalists Laughing What is he supposed to say about his players?

It boggles my mind how they're paid to write about a sport they're clearly too mentally challenged to understand.

Even saw Zach Lowe claim Lakers were somewhat of a loser of this free agency period even though we got LeBron. Incredible stuff.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:15 pm

Most NBA journalists are stupid shits tbh lol.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:35 am

Well they say that probably because Lakers will waste at least a year of LeBron's prime. And wasting a year of peak goat is something alright.

Though waste is maybe not the right word. There is a lot the young guys will learn in that year playing with someone of that calibre and a season without that constant pressure of making the finals as an obligation might be a relief for James personally.

Collin Sexton is the next great point guard though. I am judging that on everything I've ever seen from him, which is a gif of him staring at Hart. His name is pretty cool as well.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:45 am

Vibe wrote:Well they say that probably because Lakers will waste at least a year of LeBron's prime. And wasting a year of peak goat is something alright.

Though waste is maybe not the right word. There is a lot the young guys will learn in that year playing with someone of that calibre and a season without that constant pressure of making the finals as an obligation might be a relief for James personally.

Collin Sexton is the next great point guard though. I am judging that on everything I've ever seen from him, which is a gif of him staring at Hart. His name is pretty cool as well.

It's a redshirt year basically.

You're not winning by trading for Kawhi now, as they wanted Ingram, Hart, Kuzma and 2 first rounders and 2 1st round pick swaps to do it Laughing

It's better to "waste" a year of LeBron, and sign Kawhi, or someone else, next summer. That way all the young players can become as much better as LeBron is getting worse every year. While he declines they get better.

Betting everything on Kawhi in that ridiculous trade would be bad, because it still wouldn't be enough to beat GS, and we'd not have any assets to get better.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:55 am

Will be very interesting to watch certainly.

And despite all the talk about  not surrounding LeBron with shooters if KCP and Ingram improve by like 2 percent you have a bundle of 40% shooters. Also judging by that jumper Svi will shoot 50% anyway :coffee:
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:21 pm

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 24 Je0Wjjo0W9ysD4Vv87tq-Wwu5rSzW3FMzYfs-lg6gEk

Raptors on corner three-pointers
C.J. Miles 51%, 49% past two years
Danny Green 45%, 43% past two years
OG Anunoby 45% (1-year)
Kawhi 44% (career)
Lowry 47%
Ibaka 44%
VanVleet 43%
Wright 42%

Kawhi is reportedly 'warming' to the idea of playing in Toronto this season. Welcome home Kawhi Proud

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next