Chumlum
urbaNRoots
Jay29
Unique
RealGunner
29 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Jay29 Fri 28 Sep - 0:01

I had a feeling it'd come down to this.

Ozil's new deal was significant in more ways than one. It raised the ceiling on what an important player at Arsenal could earn. Ramsey will feel he has every right to ask for a big fat salary given he won Player of the Season last year and has scored two cup final winning goals. It's the price Arsenal pays for neglecting to extend his contract earlier.

Since we didn't, we had to decide if he was worth it or not. And evidently we've decided he isn't. I wonder how much Gazidis' departure has influenced our decision to withdraw our offer. Maybe he was the one really pushing for an extension and Sanllehi/Mislintat weren't so keen. The investment it'd take to keep Ramsey could make it difficult to strengthen other positions, after all (that £200k+ p/w can go to two new signings). Perhaps even Emery decided in the end that Ramsey wasn't that important to his plans than he thought he'd be.

It's sad since he's been at Arsenal for 10 years, had that amazing 13/14 season and won us two cup finals. He's accomplished a lot more than Wilshere did.

But it's also a chance to rebalance the squad. Ramsey is a unique player and there aren't many midfielders like him around, but he's not irreplaceable.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Twoism Fri 28 Sep - 6:05

If he could keep up that 13/14 scoring form, i wouldnt mind his other flaws, he could be our own Lampard but didnt. I partly blame Wengers for his frustrating career, the man was switched around too much instead of shoehorn him into that number 8 and sharpen his predator sense. He played on both wings w/o pace to penetrate, deepest midfield to cover for Arteta tiring legs w/o discipline and now as 10 w/o Ozil level of creativity.

I do think Unai saw talent in him and asked higher up to be given sometimes to work out the system with Ramsey, evidently it still hasnt got resolved and the club got greenlight to let him go. Quite rutless if u think that 11-12 games including friendly to decide such important player contract. There will be no shortage of clubs welcoming him though especially for free or cheap this winter.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Fri 28 Sep - 6:50

I know he has a great stamina and has scored a lot of goals. But if playing Ramsey means trying to unbalance the team i wouldn't select him at any cost.

Rvp, cesc, adabyor, gallas, nasri, wishere,gibbs etc etc etc all left arsenal and they regret doing so. Ramsey will do the same.

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat 29 Sep - 5:47

If you could swap Ramsey for Sanchez

would you?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat 29 Sep - 5:49

Hell no. Sanchez is done as a top level player.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat 29 Sep - 5:51

Nah replacing a slow player with the ball with a ball hogger isn't much of an improvement.
We need a proper winger.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat 29 Sep - 5:58

Ibrahim Sarr inshallah

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun 30 Sep - 13:50

Jovetic Rumours back in the days were also from the same(unreliable) source
why always us Sad
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue 2 Oct - 13:47

What do you think of Ben Chilwell?
we need to invest in some Home-Grown talents
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed 3 Oct - 11:43

On top of Ramsey leaving, seems Welbeck will be walking for free as well since the club hasn't offered him anything (yet).

Apparently Everton might be interested so there could be hope of a Jan deal. Milan might have some interest in Ramsey as well.

Never ideal to lose two first team players in the middle of the season but could be our only chance to get some money in for the pair of them.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed 3 Oct - 11:51

Might not mean much but we are also losing two British players with those two.

I am with Sina. I hope we also look at signing some home grown players.

Couping some money would be great. If we are in a strong position come Jan (i.e 3rd or 4th) then signing a player or two would be great

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed 3 Oct - 12:12

Not sure who we could bring in on our budget, though.

Leicester were asking for £70m for Maguire lol. I'm not sure how good Chillwell really is, but they'd slap a £30m+ price on him and a £50m+ price on Maddison if he has a good season.

We'll probably promote within instead. Smith Rowe and Maitland-Niles take Ramsey's spot, Nketiah and Nelson take Welbeck's. As long as maintain our current non-HG count we'll be fine.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed 3 Oct - 12:21

Maddison?
Imagine. Laughing

Can't exactly take over Europe with that, now can we?

I think Niles could be a good utility player for the next few years.
Not so sure about Nketiah and Nelson. I mean when I think of the possibilities of academy strikers coming through I think Afobe, and no one else much? Just doesn't seem to happen. And while Nketiah might display some promising qualities, if he doesn't get enough chances to grow into the team, he won't.
Nelson? Who knows? Serge Gnabry seemed promising for a while as well? Get my drift.

But we'll see.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed 3 Oct - 12:27

We already have some big talents in our ranks tbh— Nelson, Maitland-Niles, Smith-Rowe, Nketiah, Guendouzi, Mavropanos. Even someone as experienced as Iwobi is only 22 years old. And there is a path for all of them to step up if they can take it.

Still hope Sven is looking for the next big thing, Guendouzi and Mavrothanos was a good start.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed 3 Oct - 12:35

Where the hell is Mavropanous though? I don't see him.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed 3 Oct - 12:45

He got a groin injury (4 weeks) at the worst time, just before the Vorskla/Brentford games and now Qarabag where he would have surely started.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed 3 Oct - 12:59

El Gunner wrote:Maddison?
Imagine. Laughing

Can't exactly take over Europe with that, now can we?

I think Niles could be a good utility player for the next few years.
Not so sure about Nketiah and Nelson. I mean when I think of the possibilities of academy strikers coming through I think Afobe, and no one else much? Just doesn't seem to happen. And while Nketiah might display some promising qualities, if he doesn't get enough chances to grow into the team, he won't.
Nelson? Who knows? Serge Gnabry seemed promising for a while as well? Get my drift.

But we'll see.

Maddison has a lot of talent. I don't know what his ceiling is but I'm confident top six clubs will be on him in the next year or two. He's the best young attacking midfielder England have who doesn't play for a top six club.

There are doubts about every young player but this crop of kids is our best in a while. The club believes in them since they've given Maitland-Niles, Holding, Willock, Smith Rowe, Nelson and Nketiah new long-term contracts. We know AMN is good, Smith Rowe has gone from u18s to first team in a year, and Nelson is already playing in one of Europe's best leagues. I'm pretty confident these guys will be mainstays in our squad for a while.

It's going to much cheaper to use these players than to sign home-grown players for else where.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri 5 Oct - 6:53

Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri 5 Oct - 7:42

what now, who now? Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 5 Oct - 8:43

who?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri 5 Oct - 12:14

OMG Miguel Almiron... MLS boyos, we are officially here now. lol

For those wondering, Almiron is the biggest thing to come out of MLS. He is a late teen-early 20 somthin flagship player of the league.
I am not an ATL U fan, but from what I know, he is a pacey wide player. Can also play as second striker. For 11 mil, I personally think there is a huge upside to him.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat 6 Oct - 14:31

Sina wrote:Zielinski and Sancho Needed next summer
need to scout Left backs/Center backs,don't have any clear choices

Vogt
Nsoki
Ndombele
Cengiz
Sancho

Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat 6 Oct - 14:42

How much would Koulibaly cost? 30M?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat 6 Oct - 14:44

Dont think we would be able to sign anyone from Napoli ;(
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun 7 Oct - 1:19

For the left back position Lyon's Mendy would be a really good signing, in fact we could use a lot of Lyon's players Laughing. Celtic's Tierney would be another option.

Lyon's Ndombele would be the ideal signing in midfield to partner Torreira, he will cost a lot (worth it though) and we probably have a decent chance of signing him as almost all the top clubs are already set with center midfielders.

Agree about Sancho, the kid is incredible but it's going to be hard to get him next season. Don't see Dortmund letting him leave unless someone offers something absolutely crazy like Barcelona did for Dembele. Leverkusen's Bailey or Marseille's Thauvin are more realistic and still awesome options.

De Ligt/Pavard would be obvious targets for the CB position... as it will be for the rest of Europe. They might be too big for us already but it'd be worth a try.

We're going to need CL football, offer a lot of money and hope for some luck to attract some of these players.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue 9 Oct - 8:24

Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next