Myesyats
S
futbol_bill
Mr Nick09
Hapless_Hans
46 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Rumours 2018/19 - Page 6 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Rumours 2018/19

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:38 pm

Kaladin wrote:I see. He'll fit right in with United then.

Really retarded thing to say considering mahrez ha the likes of gray and Simpson playing with him

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Rumours 2018/19 - Page 6 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Rumours 2018/19

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:47 pm

The supposed fee is 50m. Isn't that cheap for him? Since it's City, I'm sure Napoli can get more from him. A lot of people online think the price tag is a steal in today market at least.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:53 pm

That's about the right price for him in this market imo. Although I don't know most EPL transfers prices and even crazer money is thrown in that league. For Serie A, that seems about right.

He is a key player (top 3 most important) in a good team fighting for titles with no particular need to sell. Still Napoli is not rich enough to be able to turn down that kind of money. He'd be more expensive if you were trying to buy him from Juve for example.

I'd love to sign for Juve for 50m but it seems impossible.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:54 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:The supposed fee is 50m. Isn't that cheap for him? Since it's City, I'm sure Napoli can get more from him. A lot of people online think the price tag is a steal in today market at least.

I remember a report saying Napoli wanted 65M

I think 50M is quite fair, too fair even hmm

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:02 pm

Luca wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:The supposed fee is 50m. Isn't that cheap for him? Since it's City, I'm sure Napoli can get more from him. A lot of people online think the price tag is a steal in today market at least.

I remember a report saying Napoli wanted 65M

I think 50M is quite fair, too fair even hmm

Depends if there talking about euros, pounds or dollars. I realize that with a lot of sites that price goes up and down depending on the currency, but it's all the same at the end, 65m euros is about 56m pounds.

rincon wrote:That's about the right price for him in this market imo. Although I don't know most EPL transfers prices and even crazer money is thrown in that league. For Serie A, that seems about right.

He is a key player (top 3 most important) in a good team fighting for titles with no particular need to sell. Still Napoli is not rich enough to be able to turn down that kind of money. He'd be more expensive if you were trying to buy him from Juve for example.

I'd love to sign for Juve for 50m but it seems impossible.

That's the point the money in the PL is crazy and with City needing a DM type of player they can get more from them, as well as United seem to be interested in him and when Tuchel gets announced at PSG I can see him also interested which can be a good bidding war. Unless he himself wants to go to City. I mean Fred/Keita are going for 50m, Jorginho seems to be rated higher at the moment.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:08 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:
That's the point the money in the PL is crazy and with City needing a DM type of player they can get more from them, as well as United seem to be interested in him and when Tuchel gets announced at PSG I can see him also interested which can be a good bidding war. Unless he himself wants to go to City. I mean Fred/Keita are going for 50m, Jorginho seems to be rated higher at the moment.

Jorginho isn't really a DM though. He is the Xavi of Napoli.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:13 pm

I assumed it was all in Euros, *bleep* brexit

Anyways, I am convinced Jorginho leaves and Torreira joins Napoli

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:18 pm

rincon wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:

I'm sure City are signing him for that role tho Laughing

They have Silva, Gundo and are supposedly even interest in Thiago, so he's isn't going there to be a CM for sure.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:29 pm

Luca wrote:Jorginho in advanced talks with Manchester City. [José Alvarez]

"Jorginho (Napoli) is in advanced negotiation with Manchester City. His agent (Joao Santos) was last week in a succesful meeting with Txiki in Manchester"

https://twitter.com/10JoseAlvarez

Dang

Thought he was dying to play for United, the biggest club in the world

Ufff
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:32 pm

Never rated him anyway, no space for him in our lineup

Lukaku
Sanchez Griezmann
Pogba Kroos/Verratti
Matic
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:03 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:
Kaladin wrote:I see. He'll fit right in with United then.

Really retarded thing to say considering mahrez ha the likes of gray and Simpson playing with him

United have McTominay and Borthwick-Jackson
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:16 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:
rincon wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:

I'm sure City are signing him for that role tho Laughing

They have Silva, Gundo and are supposedly even interest in Thiago, so he's isn't going there to be a CM for sure.

Does City even play with a DM? Don't they just use Fernandinho or Gundogan there to control the game?
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:09 pm

This is Pep shooting himself in the foot again, the endless pursuit of beautiful football. Well if the plan is to play him in place of Fernandinho, they will get destroyed in CL again and we will wonder why
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:34 pm

This is a weird move especially when you consider that perhaps Gundogan can do a similar job that Jorginho does at DM, judging by recent games.

I honestly think this is a CL move tbh.

Against Liverpool, they weren't able to hold on to the ball in their own half, and then you wonder why. Their defensive triangle was: Kompany, Otamendi, and Fernandinho.

Hardly the best players under pressure. Jorginho seems like a CL buy, rather than a PL one.

And that's really how the Cruyff school responds to aggression and pressure. Have players who are good in tight spaces who can make the correct decision under pressure. Seems like Pep's going that route.

I remember him saying after the game against Monaco that the only way to win the CL is by having central players who can hold on to the ball under high pressure. It seems like the Liverpool game strengthened that opinion, based on this signing. The DM profiles City were linked to changed after the Liverpool game. They went from the likes of Fred to Weigl/Jorginho.

I like Jorginho, he's a good player. He circulates the ball well, and he's calm under pressure. His addition might see KDB play more advanced as now City will now have a DM with good passing range.

Personally, I thought Fred made more sense. He's a dynamic player who looks more comfortable covering larger spaces than say Jorginho. Decent in tight spaces, and can play as an 8 too. He would've been a great PL DM. He has more range to his game than Jorginho IMO.

I see this as a case of Pep trying to go for his own Busquets. A poor man's version of course, but similar profiles. I can understand the thinking behind the transfer, but will this make the difference in the CL? I'm not sure, and I don't think so, but really only time will tell.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:16 pm

The thing is, jorgimho did not survive the City onslaught in CL did he? He is a more composed passer than Fernandinho under pressure I'm sure but if I recall in big games like vs Madrid in CL Sarri had often opted for Diawara.

This is an intriguing one to say the least.

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:38 pm

But mostly he did survive. He was one of the best players against City. He still had more passes than any city or Napoli midfielder or forward. City was just much more lethal, specially after Goulham's injury.

Diawara is a more defensive player with the added physicality. He is the safer choice to play more conservatively while still being a good passer under pressure. He is a wonderful talent. Can be a huge player
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:01 pm

Lionel Messi has vetoed Barcelona's move for Antoine Griezmann allowing Manchester United to move into pole position to sign the Frenchman. (Source: various )
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:05 pm

Some Milan updates:

Mirabelli might be sacked.

Bernard was on the verge of agreeing on a move to Milan (free this summer), but Chinese blocked it.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:06 pm

De Gea
Valencia-Bailly-Alderweireld-Alexis
Richarlison-Matic-Fabinho-Bale
Griezmann-Lukaku
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:08 pm

S wrote:
De Gea
Griezmann-Lukaku

Thats a great top 4 finish CL R16 team http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/whew.png
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:09 pm

Bernard Berisha? doubt Brazilian Bernard would move to that graveyard.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:10 pm

S wrote:
De Gea
Griezmann-Lukaku

uff, but i thought fabinho to psg was a done dealio
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:18 pm

Man Utd want two midfielders in the transfer window and the club are pushing to conclude a deal for Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder Fred. [MEN]

more like it, Jorginho to City, Fred to United

Pretty obvious how we line up next season besides fullbacks

Lukaku
Griezmann Sanchez
Pogbito Fred
Matic
? Bailly Alderweirald ?
DDG

I think we'll only sign 2 CM's, 2 fullbacks tbh, we could use an out and out striker but Rashford, Sanchez and Griez can all play there in place of Lukaku

Danny Rose name still being floated around for LB, absolutely not ffs, but I have no idea who we sign for RB/LB, obviously need to be filled though

We'll also shift a bunch of shit from the squad this summer and probably recoup 100m so we have more than enough to splurge big money
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:20 pm

S wrote:
De Gea
Griezmann-Lukaku

Stop ignoring Alfie Mawson ffs

forget Bailly, Bailly had his chance
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:20 pm

Firenze wrote:
S wrote:
De Gea
Griezmann-Lukaku

uff, but i thought fabinho to psg was a done dealio

Maybe Pogba has his heart set on returning to Paris. That's why PSG might have cancelled the move.

Good Pogba replacement tho. That defensive workrate

Ufff
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:35 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
S wrote:
De Gea
Griezmann-Lukaku

Stop ignoring Alfie Mawson ffs

forget Bailly, Bailly had his chance
i remember when frenzy said bailly was the best CB in the world. lad is bang average and will end up at everton being coached by sam yodadice. teach him to defend he will. wattba
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next