CBarca
Great Leader Sprucenuce
El Gunner
Freeza
Luca
15 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Luca Thu May 10, 2018 6:03 pm

Predictions for the conference finals?

Cavs-Celtics 4-2
Warriors-Rockets 4-1

I want to say the Cavs can sweep or 4-1 the Celtics but I just can't go against Stephens not taking a couple games off the Cavs

As for Houston, they have home court but a fully functioning GSW just beats anyone, any time, any place

Warriors-Cavs 4-0

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza Thu May 10, 2018 6:03 pm

Cavs and GSW sweeps.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu May 10, 2018 6:13 pm

Cannot count out Brad Stephens anymore

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu May 10, 2018 7:19 pm

Luca wrote:Cannot count out Brad Stephens anymore

Meh.

Always believed in LeBron Molenation

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri May 11, 2018 5:38 am

Celtics will take it

Philly rofl

Is this a worse choke than the Raptors?

This was supposed to be the team that was going to beat LeBron and go to the finals. This was the team that was supposed to sweep the Celtics. Raptors most people (counting myself out as one of the idiots tbh) knew they would flop against LeBron again. This though, is something different. Plus, no shame in going out to LeBron.

No shame in going out to this celtics team either*

*If you have no coach and a nonexistent bench, things that the Sixers are not lacking
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri May 11, 2018 1:02 pm

Raptors certainly a bigger flop. I knew they wouldn’t beat the Cavs but I didn’t expect them to get swept, being the one seed gives bigger responsibility

Philadelphia is young. It’s going to be Boston vs Philadelphia in the east for the foreseeable future

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 11, 2018 1:15 pm

Nah allow it, Raptors spent an entire year after years of flops changing their style, developing their bench and getting their stars to change how they play.

Only to lose exactly the same way to the same guy again rofl

Philly was purely down to inexperience and their two stars having holes in their game which Boston exploited.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri May 11, 2018 4:27 pm

Casey just got fired rofl
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 11, 2018 4:34 pm

Freeza wrote:Casey just got fired rofl

They serious lmao? what a joke.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri May 11, 2018 4:36 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Freeza wrote:Casey just got fired rofl

They serious lmao? what a joke.

Can't wait to hear Stephen A pull out the race card now. Gonna be an all timer
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri May 11, 2018 4:49 pm

It's the cowardly thing to do

Much easier to change a coach than a group of players

I guess they felt it was time for a new direction. Casey had a great tenure in Toronto, this season (until the playoffs where I predicted this would happen anyways), he made a great adaptation in the way he wanted to run the offence. The issue being in the playoffs, your bench shortens and you rely on your key players that much more and our key players are dog shit in crunch time

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri May 11, 2018 4:55 pm

CBarca wrote:Celtics will take it

Philly rofl

Is this a worse choke than the Raptors?

This was supposed to be the team that was going to beat LeBron and go to the finals. This was the team that was supposed to sweep the Celtics. Raptors most people (counting myself out as one of the idiots tbh) knew they would flop against LeBron again. This though, is something different. Plus, no shame in going out to LeBron.

No shame in going out to this celtics team either*

*If you have no coach and a nonexistent bench, things that the Sixers are not lacking

Did you honestly expect anything from them this season? hmm

If anything I think they overachieved. Reaching the semi-finals of their conference just after two years when they won a mere 10 games the whole season (regardless of tanking) is most definitely upward trajectory.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 11, 2018 5:04 pm

Gentry looking like some sort of Nostradamus ffs Laughing because the coaches voted Casey as Coach of the year.

Alvin Gentry yesterday: "You don't see what happens to Coaches of the Year in this league? ... The longevity of guys surviving after Coach of the Year is not great. I'm happy just being the coach of the Pelicans, and if I don't receive a vote ever, I'll be really happy with that".
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri May 11, 2018 5:08 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Gentry looking like some sort of Nostradamus ffs Laughing because the coaches voted Casey as Coach of the year.

Alvin Gentry yesterday: "You don't see what happens to Coaches of the Year in this league? ... The longevity of guys surviving after Coach of the Year is not great. I'm happy just being the coach of the Pelicans, and if I don't receive a vote ever, I'll be really happy with that".

That award is a joke, much like LeBron not getting MVP every year. They just vote for best record from a team, that's not the best team.

Byron Scott has gotten the award ffs Laughing During the season where CP3 was probably the second best or best player all year.

It's like how they won't give the Coach award to Bill Belichick in the NFL.
He's unanimously regarded as the GOAT coach and he besically had to go undefeated to make people vote for him.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 11, 2018 5:13 pm

Freeza wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Gentry looking like some sort of Nostradamus ffs Laughing because the coaches voted Casey as Coach of the year.

That award is a joke, much like LeBron not getting MVP every year.

BTW i just want to touch on this.

I don't agree with the mindset that Lebron deserves the MVP every year when you consider it's just regular season.

He didn't deserve it when Curry won it both times, or when KD won it or last year. He's been the best player in the league for like a decade but every year since he last won it there's always been somebody who deserved it more IMO.

Mostly because he doesn't go at 100% anymore but still you can't award someone the MVP and ignore that. The idea people are tired of giving MVP is a myth that's been repeated so many times now that people just accept it's the norm without challenging it.

This year was the first time since he last won it where he actually has an argument IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri May 11, 2018 5:21 pm

LeBron deserved it in 2011 tbh.

These American awards in general are so *bleep* retareded. It's like giving best player in Champions League for group play only. Like who the f cares.

Every award should be seasonal. Or at least have some playoff awards or like that.

Players like Harden and Westbrook are clearly not close to being the best players, or even most valuable in the league. Yet they win the award and then disappear in the playoffs.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 11, 2018 5:25 pm

Well yeah it should be about playoffs too which changes my argument completely.

I thought Lebron has won it since Rose won it lmao? I didn't mind that either though, best player on the team with the best record is a fine enough reason and his impact that year was unreal.

I will accept an argument for Lebron that year is probably bigger than anything since though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 11, 2018 5:27 pm

Shouldnt have benched DeGOATzan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri May 11, 2018 5:30 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Well yeah it should be about playoffs too which changes my argument completely.

I thought Lebron has won it since Rose won it lmao? I didn't mind that either though, best player on the team with the best record is a fine enough reason and his impact that year was unreal.

I will accept an argument for Lebron that year is probably bigger than anything since though.

Good thing we agree about playoffs. I feel it's just.. We hardly see the true players in regular seasons anyways. LeBron is saving himself all season, and Harden is using himself up to get MVP, like Westbrook did last year and then they look dead during playoffs. Which is why I think Houston will be swept, max 5 games.

He won it the two years after Rose.

But I'm pretty sure that one was because of fatigue and narrative.

LeBron led every single advanced stat, played in a much harder division, best offense.

Derrick Rose shot 55% TS on the 11th ranked offense, which really isn't that impressive all things considered. It was the defense that won that team the 1st seed, which was absolutely incredible.

If anything Dwight probably deserved it more than Rose also. By far his best season.

Rose was around 5th in most advanced stats like win shares etc.

MVP is a narrative award a lot of the times though. People wanted them (Chicago) to save us from the evil Heat at that time, and a lot of journalists left LeBron of the ballot entirely Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 11, 2018 5:35 pm

There was a lot of impact stuff Rose did that year which aren't really explainable by stats though tbh.

He was clearly as impactful on results as anyone in that league, he was literally the only one on that Bulls team with any sort of offence and a big reason why they had #1 seed so like i said i'm ok with it.

As great as their defence was they need him to get those results, without him they don't finish anywhere near the record they did.

I don't deny their was a lot of political storyline BS as there is with any MVP but i still don't really have a problem with it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 11, 2018 5:39 pm

But anyway when i say voters fatigue stuff is BS i'm talking about Steph's 2 MVPs, KD's or Westbrook's.

None of those Lebron really had an argument for, they all either had a much better record, better stats or bigger game by game impact.

Some of which all 3 apply, part of it is because Lebron doesn't go 100% in the regular season but that is it what is.

There was always a legitimate reason why they didn't give him the award which is why i find the fatigue stuff over the last 5 years to be a BS argument.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri May 11, 2018 6:40 pm

agreed a 100% Mole.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri May 11, 2018 11:26 pm

Having a laugh mostly at Philly fans, who were confident of a Boston sweep, some said Simmons >> Giannis, and that they were a better team.

They might be tbh, and both teams lost to Celtics, but at least Milwaukee put up a good fight and were a couple shitty calls away from taking the series. Philly were outclassed from start to finish, and were never really in it.

Worst fans in the NBA, and a horrid choke, saved by Toronto's maybe being worse.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri May 11, 2018 11:35 pm

CBarca wrote:Having a laugh mostly at Philly fans, who were confident of a Boston sweep, some said Simmons >> Giannis, and that they were a better team.

They might be tbh, and both teams lost to Celtics, but at least Milwaukee put up a good fight and were a couple shitty calls away from taking the series. Philly were outclassed from start to finish, and were never really in it.

Worst fans in the NBA, and a horrid choke, saved by Toronto's maybe being worse.

Someone's mad.

Picking Simmons over Giannis isn't a ridiculous take at all. Simmons is further along than Giannis was in his second season. Not unreasonable.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri May 11, 2018 11:43 pm

CBarca wrote:Having a laugh mostly at Philly fans, who were confident of a Boston sweep, some said Simmons >> Giannis, and that they were a better team.

The 76ers won 28 games last season

From there they went onto be a 3 seed, have one of the best second half records in the NBA, have one of the best young cores, and won a playoff series before getting Stephens'd

I'd say even if they got swept by the Celtics, their season is quite demonstrative of their future

Raptors are just trash fam, I'll be the first to say it. Now we've fired our coach of the year, after reports of our GM berating him in front of the team after the game 3 loss. Not bad for a one seed. Whew

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat May 12, 2018 1:30 am

Freeza wrote:

Someone's mad.

Picking Simmons over Giannis isn't a ridiculous take at all. Simmons is further along than Giannis was in his second season. Not unreasonable.

Simmons done something in his first full season that Giannis never has.

Win a playoff series, stay mad CB.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next