CBarca
Great Leader Sprucenuce
El Gunner
Freeza
Luca
15 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 39 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat May 12, 2018 1:30 am

Freeza wrote:
CBarca wrote:Having a laugh mostly at Philly fans, who were confident of a Boston sweep, some said Simmons >> Giannis, and that they were a better team.

They might be tbh, and both teams lost to Celtics, but at least Milwaukee put up a good fight and were a couple shitty calls away from taking the series. Philly were outclassed from start to finish, and were never really in it.

Worst fans in the NBA, and a horrid choke, saved by Toronto's maybe being worse.

Someone's mad.

Picking Simmons over Giannis isn't a ridiculous take at all. Simmons is further along than Giannis was in his second season. Not unreasonable.

Simmons done something in his first full season that Giannis never has.

Win a playoff series, stay mad CB.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 39 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by CBarca Sat May 12, 2018 6:55 am

Putting Simmons over Giannis in the long run isn't a ridiculous take. That's not at all what I said.

Putting Simmons over Giannis right now is absolutely unfathomable.

I disagree with Simmons over Giannis in the long run though. Fact remains that Giannis is still improving faster than any other top star in basketball, and has steadily improved his jumper year after year. I don't know if he'll ever get it to anything great, but we're already seeing a respectable jumper from Giannis. Simmons will never have a jumper unless he scraps his current jumper, tries to undo all the force of habit from age 7 onwards, and learns to shoot with the right hand.

You put a bet on Giannis developing better passing skills and handles vs Simmons developing a jumper and I know who I take all day long. Giannis is also a better athlete physically as well.

Scenes when Bucks finish above the sixers next season if they manage to get a good coach. I'm expecting Clifford though, rest assured
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat May 12, 2018 9:57 am

Almost as unfathomable as putting Giannis over say Anthony Davis right now I would say hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat May 12, 2018 10:17 am

Obvious bias is obvious.

Simmons >>> Giannis
right now and going forward.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat May 12, 2018 11:39 am

Giannis>Simmons right now, absolutely, it isn't even close. Giannis averaged 27/10/5 this season. He's an absolute monster

Simmons edges him in playmaking and that's it

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat May 12, 2018 1:31 pm

El Gunner wrote:Obvious bias is obvious.

Simmons >>> Giannis
right now and going forward.

Have you even watched Giannis play?
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat May 12, 2018 1:34 pm

Pretty sure he's trolling.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat May 12, 2018 2:16 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Almost as unfathomable as putting Giannis over say Anthony Davis right now I would say hmm

On equal footing :coffee:

AD has respeck on his name
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 13, 2018 8:34 pm

ABC acting like this wont be another Sweep.

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 13, 2018 8:35 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:ABC acting like this wont be another Sweep.

Nah it won't.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun May 13, 2018 8:45 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:ABC acting like this wont be another Sweep.

Nah it won't.

Bet? hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 13, 2018 8:54 pm

Sure.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun May 13, 2018 8:57 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Sure.

took to long to respond imo

sliders are way down for Cavs today
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun May 13, 2018 9:00 pm

Celtics have started in style. Cleveland clueless in attack.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 13, 2018 9:01 pm

Lol didn't realise they were up double figures already.

Not even watching hmm

I'm not surprised though, unlike Toronto they don't fear Cleveland and have the athleticism and defence to limit their shooters.

That 3 man game with LeBron, Korver and Love that Toronto had no answer for isn't going to be anywhere near as effective against Brown, Smart, Tatum and Horford.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun May 13, 2018 9:01 pm

Art Morte wrote:Celtics have started in style. Cleveland clueless in attack.

They're not clueless. They're getting the shots they want. Just not hitting them.

This is how they always play.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun May 13, 2018 9:02 pm

Freeza wrote:

They're not clueless. They're getting the shots they want. Just not hitting them.

Their defense is what's wrong. Can't get easy buckets without a single stop.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun May 13, 2018 9:03 pm

Freeza wrote:

Well, no.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun May 13, 2018 9:08 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Freeza wrote:

Well, no.

How are these shots different than the ones they hit on Toronto?

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun May 13, 2018 9:10 pm

Freeza wrote:
Art Morte wrote:
Freeza wrote:

Well, no.

How are these shots different than the ones they hit on Toronto?

They had a handful of good shots, the rest were just too difficult to be counted as shots they want to be taking.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 13, 2018 9:10 pm

They are being defended by people who can actually defend for a start.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun May 13, 2018 9:13 pm

They've had a lot of open shots and layups that they straight up bricked.

The shots they want in half court is basically what they want at the moment. Maybe a bit too many midrange shots, but 3 or 4 of them were wide open.

I don't where you see the bad shots they've taken.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun May 13, 2018 9:18 pm

Freeza wrote:They've had a lot of open shots and layups that they straight up bricked.

The shots they want in half court is basically what they want at the moment. Maybe a bit too many midrange shots, but 3 or 4 of them were wide open.

Love going for a contested hook shot three metres away? Lebron shooting a fade away from a negative angle in the corner or a moving three? They're not moving the ball enough, trying to go too much 1-on-1 and if that doesn't work they pass it out and take a shot. They're not getting enough good shots.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun May 13, 2018 9:22 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Freeza wrote:They've had a lot of open shots and layups that they straight up bricked.

Love going for a contested hook shot three metres away? Lebron shooting a fade away from a negative angle in the corner or a moving three? They're not moving the ball enough, trying to go too much 1-on-1 and if that doesn't work they pass it out and take a shot. They're not getting enough good shots.

Just tried taking screen shots of the shots they got, but apparently that's not allowed on league pass.

During the 17-0 run I counted 3 wide open 3s, 2 medium contested threes.

A hook from K Love that was medium contested and a shot he'll go to on the regular.

2 wide open mid range shot to JR and LeBron.

LeBron wide open layup/runner that he missed

LeBron contested layup in traffic

Only bad shots they took was a JR contested midrange and LeBron fadeaway from behind the backboard.

Not really a lot of shots they took that they didn't want. They took what was in their offense and they usually make.

They just lack the fast break drive and kicks to open threes, which they can't run when they don't stop anyone
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 13, 2018 9:27 pm

I don't think they'll get that many fast break 3s though, Rozier aside all of their rotation can actually limit everyone not called LeBron.

I'm not sure really why this is surprising, if Kyrie was healthy I'd actually pick them to go to the finals but as is I still expect LeBron to LeBron and Cavs win in 6 maybe.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun May 13, 2018 9:30 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I don't think they'll get that many fast break 3s though, Rozier aside all of their rotation can actually limit everyone not called LeBron.

I'm not sure really why this is surprising, if Kyrie was healthy I'd actually pick them to go to the finals but as is I still expect LeBron to LeBron and Cavs win in 6 maybe.

Yeah they're contesting better than Toronto, but Cavs are still getting to their spots and getting their shots. LeBron has just missed some he usually makes and the switchability for Celtics is great.

LeBron will need to score 35 on average for them to have a chance.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next