CBarca
Great Leader Sprucenuce
El Gunner
Freeza
Luca
15 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by CBarca Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:11 pm

I mean, I think they're really pretty similar.

You look at their stats, as far as I recall, they're not very different.

I do think PG13 has a higher ceiling though, and obviously with a better 3pt game he can potentially elevate higher than Butler on a game to game basis as well -- that was seen last night

But really they're pretty close to the same level for me.

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:19 pm

I don't see how it is insulting for Paul George to be compared to Jimmy Butler. Sure PG can raise his game probably beyond what Butler can do but the man is more consistent, it just depends what you consider more important when comparing them.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:33 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:I don't see how it is insulting for Paul George to be compared to Jimmy Butler. Sure PG can raise his game probably beyond what Butler can do but the man is more consistent, it just depends what you consider more important when comparing them.

Butler is more consistent in what way?

Consistently injured is what I take away. Butler misses way more games due to injuries than PG, who's only really missed time due to the one horrible freak injury.

Only thing I can see Butler being better at is probably finishing at the rim, since PG has stopped doing it as much since his injury, which has resulted in him becoming one of the best 3pt shooter in the league.

Only 2-way player I'd pick over PG is Kawhi, who's better than both by a lot when healthy.

Butler might've been closer in the discussion for me if he didn't have a god awful coach who makes his best player stand around at the three point line without getting touches.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:54 pm

With more consistent I mean consistent performances over the course of the season, at least this year.

He's also a better defender imo, doesn't turn the ball over as much as PG.

But it's true that most of this is irrelevant when we consider playoff form and that's where PG has the edge, he can raise his game to unbelievable levels to which I don't think Butler can.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:49 pm

Paul George is first team all defence level defender (not this year because I think Covington has been better) and Butler isn't far behind him tbh.

I don't see a massive gap between the two defensively, but this is the reality...

Paul George is longer, taller and a much better shooter which ultimately makes him better imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:38 am

Refs really love this dude

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:38 am

Miami beats 76ers, series tied 1-1

That's a bit embarrassing...but they're a young team, they'll have slip ups
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:57 am

Miami ain't that bad!
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:04 pm

Those Kawhi sneak disses, good lord

GOAT

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:05 pm

Eh Miami are really average, with a great coach. Shoutout Dywane Wade tho

I'm mostly just saying it's embarrassing because 76ers fans are insufferable and talked about sweeping the east after the first game.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:31 pm

Don’t forget the 76ers are without Embiid

I actually quite like this Heat team. Reminds me a bit of the Raptors but as if we didn’t have DeMar in the way they play and utilize their bench

Whiteside has been extremely fraudulent. Picks up the dumbest fouls that forces himself out of the game and this is against a 76ers team without Embiid..

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:09 pm

Paul George is super overrated defensively, defense becomes a sieve anytime Robersons not there to clean up after him.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:11 pm

Kelly>>>>>hassan

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:13 pm

FilthyLuca wrote:Paul George is super overrated defensively, defense becomes a sieve anytime Robersons not there to clean up after him.

Clearly you've never watched him play defense Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:23 pm

Or maybe you dont know what youre watching

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:29 pm

FilthyLuca wrote:Or maybe you dont know what youre watching

I've watched the worst defense in the league for five years straight. I know what bad defense is and Paul George is none of that.

He's probably the best perimeter off-ball defender in the entire league. He sees everything so well from that end and breaks up an incredible amount of plays for OKC. Roberson is another All-NBA level defender who just made them incredible as a team because they had three great defenders at the same time. Doesn't make Paul George overrated.

There's not a single defensive stat he doesn't lead Butler in. And the eye test is also better for me.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:35 pm

Freeza wrote:

I've watched the worst defense in the league for five years straight. I know what bad defense is and Paul George is none of that.

He's probably the best perimeter off-ball defender in the entire league. He sees everything so well from that end and breaks up an incredible amount of plays for OKC. Roberson is another All-NBA level defender who just made them incredible as a team because they had three great defenders at the same time. Doesn't make Paul George overrated.

There's not a single defensive stat he doesn't lead Butler in. And the eye test is also better for me.

I said overrated, not bad, and Roberson getting hurt in feburary exposed that to me.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:39 pm

I mean George was fantastic as a defender in Indiana too.

It's probably more due to the fact they don't have two people to cover for Melo anymore Laughing

If you want to pick out one player defensively who is overrated on OKC that would be Westbrook.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:39 pm

FilthyLuca wrote:
Freeza wrote:

I said overrated, not bad, and Roberson getting hurt in feburary exposed that to me.

Roberson getting hurt exposed Roberson's VORP which was high. His replacements have been awful and Paul George had to take Roberson's role over instead.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:40 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I mean George was fantastic as a defender in Indiana too.

It's probably more due to the fact they don't have two people to cover for Melo anymore Laughing

If you want to pick out one player defensively who is overrated on OKC that would be Westbrook.

Westbrook is underrated if anything. Everyone hates on him, but he's an incredible defender.

Just lazy. When he shows effort he's up there with anyone really. Sadly, that's rare.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:43 pm

Freeza wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I mean George was fantastic as a defender in Indiana too.

Westbrook is underrated if anything. Everyone hates on him, but he's an incredible defender.

Just lazy. When he shows effort he's up there with anyone really. Sadly, that's rare.

If he's lazy, he's not a good defender, just talented. Same problem I always had with Wade.... who cares if youre good at it if you wont do it.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:45 pm

Freeza wrote:
FilthyLuca wrote:
Freeza wrote:

Roberson getting hurt exposed Roberson's VORP which was high. His replacements have been awful and Paul George had to take Roberson's role over instead.

Maybe....cant say yes or no

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:46 pm

Yeah i don't agree, he's the classic case of people thinking he's amazing because he's athletic.

Steph is a better defender but people shit on him because he's not an athletic freak.

He's not great 1 v 1, he consistently makes mistakes on switches or coverages and is just flat out lazy most of the time.

He's pretty much never in the position he's supposed to be.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:48 pm

Speaking of defending and freaks though....

INSANE.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:58 pm

Freeza wrote:

Seems like a damn good reason to hate on someone to be honest

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:10 pm

Luca wrote:
Freeza wrote:

Seems like a damn good reason to hate on someone to be honest

Well, they have to save some energy when they're required to do everything on offense.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next