Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 27 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Pedram on Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:56 am

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 27 85zx6th5nyc41

This is a NYT picks comment, love it when the bourgeois speak frankly. people will always vote based on their class interests, being a minority is not gonna change that.

Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 27 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Young Kaz on Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:13 am

@Pedram wrote:Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 27 85zx6th5nyc41

This is a NYT picks comment, love it when the bourgeois speak frankly. people will always vote based on their class interests, being a minority is not gonna change that.

plenty of gay men in the republican party.

Being gay isnt exactly being a visible minority. Push comes to shove who he sleeps with at night doesnt come up during business hours. I cant exactly hide the fact that I am of Japanese descent. That changes things. You have to, in that circumstance, have some sort of pact- preservation on the line when it comes to voting

Race supersedes class because your race is always your defining characteristic before they see your chequebook. I only fly first class now, and flying out of big airports its no issue, but you should see the stares I get when I fly out of airports not in major cities. Asian guy wearing a braves shirt and some force 1's? I dont fit by default, and its apparent in their faces.
Young Kaz
Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:31 am

I'm calling bullshit on Betty's braging. I'm betting his bank balance is the same size as his penis. And he makes these story's up.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz on Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:53 am

@Unique wrote:I'm calling bullshit on Betty's braging. I'm betting his bank balance is the same size as his penis. And he makes these story's up.

Post yours and I'll post mine homie.

We will see whos really broke Very Happy
Young Kaz
Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:07 am

@Young Kaz wrote:
@Unique wrote:I'm calling bullshit on Betty's braging. I'm betting his bank balance is the same size as his penis. And he makes these story's up.

I think you are full of shit tbh. You talk like you have a great life with all this money yet you sound like a bitter little man that hates the world.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz on Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:19 am

@Unique wrote:
@Young Kaz wrote:

I think you are full of shit tbh. You talk like you have a great life with all this money yet you sound like a bitter little man that hates the world.

Yet you wont post a picture of your bank account. Thats like i thought.

Young Kaz
Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue on Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:00 am

Btw Bernie is the most popular candidate among 18-35, including among African Americans and Latinos. In fact he is the most popular candidate among Latinos voters in general. Bernie is the candidate for the generation that will be less raciest and bigoted than ever before.

I do not know who this Michael Harriot guy is, but what a disingenuous hack to claim that Bernie base are white bearded guys.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:06 am

@Young Kaz wrote:
@Unique wrote:
@Young Kaz wrote:

i will send you a dick pic if you like. Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:57 pm

Jesus Christ, shut the fuck up

-25% insulting other users
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:23 pm

@CBarca wrote:Jesus Christ, shut the fuck up
technically he is not saying anything you are reading his thoughts but i agree he should shut the fuck up. Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:38 pm

Both of you are so insecure, it breaks my heart
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:43 pm

@Young Kaz wrote:

Why would he? He admits that he's a broke ass gypsy. He's being genuine because he doesnt feel the need to compensate for anything.

What matters is that he's happy with what he's got and you're miserable even with, supposedly, millions in your bank account and first class seat every time.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:02 pm

@Myesyats wrote:
@Young Kaz wrote:

Why would he? He admits that he's a broke ass gypsy. He's being genuine because he doesnt feel the need to compensate for anything.

What matters is that he's happy with what he's got and you're miserable even with, supposedly, millions in your bank account and first class seat every time.
Laughing Laughing i am not a broke ass gypsy. i am not rich but i make enough money to live the kind of life that makes me happy. but most of the money i make comes in the form of cash so not all of it goes in the bank if you know what i mean Very Happy but tbh even if i had 100mil in the bank i would not post a picture of it on a forum to compensate for other things. Very Happy
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:03 pm

@CBarca wrote:Both of you are so insecure, it breaks my heart
me insecure are you mad. im more narcasistic than insecure. Cool
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:09 pm

@Unique wrote:
@Myesyats wrote:
@Young Kaz wrote:

Laughing Laughing i am not a broke ass gypsy. i am not rich but i make enough money to live the kind of life that makes me happy. but most of the money i make comes in the form of cash so not all of it goes in the bank if you know what i mean Very Happy but tbh even if i had 100mil in the bank i would not post a picture of it on a forum to compensate for other things. Very Happy

Yeah I know you have money but in comparison with our resident Betty, a billionaire philantropist, you are broke hmm
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:14 pm

@Myesyats wrote:
@Unique wrote:
@Myesyats wrote:

Yeah I know you have money but in comparison with our resident Betty, a billionaire philantropist, you are broke hmm
the crazy thing is money means more to him than anything else yet the more he gets to more unhappy it makes him.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue on Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:04 am

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:09 am

Imagine touching a grown man like that because you can’t handle a discussion.

Then give that guy the nukes.

It’s so disrespectful to touch another person in that way. He can’t seem to grasp the idea of personal space and rules in human contact. If he did that to me or anyone in my family he would’ve gotten slapped.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:41 am

@Unique wrote:
@Myesyats wrote:
@Unique wrote: Laughing Laughing i am not a broke ass gypsy. i am not rich but i make enough money to live the kind of life that makes me happy. but most of the money i make comes in the form of cash so not all of it goes in the bank if you know what i mean Very Happy but tbh even if i had 100mil in the bank i would not post a picture of it on a forum to compensate for other things. Very Happy

the crazy thing is money means more to him than anything else yet the more he gets to more unhappy it makes him.

He's living the American Dream, mate
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis on Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:45 am

@Freeza wrote:Imagine touching a grown man like that because you can’t handle a discussion.

Then give that guy the nukes.

It’s so disrespectful to touch another person in that way. He can’t seem to grasp the idea of personal space and rules in human contact. If he did that to me or anyone in my family he would’ve gotten slapped.

It bothers me how much they've buried his propensity to invade people's personal spaces for the sake of him being the frontrunner.

All that said, I'd trust him exponentially more than Trump with the nuke codes by virtue of being less corrupt.

I hope I don't have to vote for him in the general, but I will if I have to.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:46 am

@Young Kaz wrote:Bernie is totally not sexist.

Do you seriously not see how insane you sound? First of all, if you dumb democrats want to beat Trump, you have to attract voters from all sides of the spectrum. Having people like Joe Rogan on your side definitely helps with that.

Even if you (wrongly) think Rogan is sexist, you can't just discredit him entirely.

How are Democrats going to move forward and progress if you just cancel people and don't even want to have conversations with non-left people???? Conversation is the only way forward.

Some imbecile tweeted Rogan has no merit because he had Jordan Peterson and Milo Yiannopoulos on his podcast. He got 14k likes I think. So, again, you can't even have conversations anymore?! How are you going to arrive at a solution then if you don't talk? Its like republicans live in their bubble, democrats live in theirs and they let nobody in. These people are mad.

And thats what you do Betty. In your twisted mind you've now arrived at "Bernie is sexist" so he doesnt deserve to be president. People like you are sick. Isnt Warren going down the shitter now? Her dumb attack on Bernie was pretty much the nail to her coffin. And that CNN reporter assuming the worst of Bernie at the debate, even the audience lold, instead of uniting they just want to bring people down, it was all pre-planned like a WWE show and actually makes me like Bernie more
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis on Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:04 pm

@Myesyats Frankly, I just don't think Rogan's that big of a factor here so won't talk too much about that, but I will answer this question:

How are Democrats going to move forward and progress if you just cancel people and don't even want to have conversations with non-left people?

So I've been listening to Jon Favreau's The Wilderness podcast over the last couple of days and the premise of it is to do a deep dive into every region in the US and talk to the voters there (Democrats, Republicans, Conservatives, Modertate, Trump voters, Obama Voters, Trump/Obama voters, etc) to understand what Democrats have to do to win back those voters who voted twice for Obama then turned around and voted for Trump as well as how to get their base to turn out in November.

There were some common themes:

- Democrats have to find a way to counter Trump's (and by extension his vast right-wing propaganda machine's) relentless pumping of misinformation into the media. They have struggled mightily to reach the consumers of this media. These people aren't all the rank-and-file of Trump's base. Many are economy-focused moderates that don't like Trump's personality, but do like how the economy is developing under him, according to what Trump-friendly media tells them, and will vote accordingly. Democrats have no answering mechanism for this and they need to find one. Given that Trump has whole companies like Sinclair friendly to him that run local TV news in large parts of the country, reaching these voters and getting through to them is very hard.

- Democrats need to address the indifference towards politics, politicians and voting that is rife within communities of color. So many of these people don't vote because they don't believe their vote matters. They don't vote because they were burned by a fast-talking politician that promised the moon and then never delivered. They don't vote because of orchestrated Republican efforts to suppress their ability to vote. Democrats need to push back on this hard. If they can find a way to address the issues in community of color, they will have regained a key voting bloc. The challenge is to focus on this while also focusing on the issues impacting rural, middle class, college-educated whites who feel ignored by Democrats and thus turn to the Republicans. There are lot of these voters in the key states Trump won in 2016 and the polling around them is not good for him.

- If Democrats hope to attract disaffected Trump voters, moderates, Independents and others who are either non-left or middle, they need to craft a message that both repudiates Trump while offering solutions to the problems Trump has either not solved or has made worse. They need to directly challenge his assertion that he has "drained the swamp" and provide reasoning around not only why he hasn't done, but why it's gotten worse. This should be a lay up, but for whatever reason it's not.

- Democrats have to remain civil when interacting with conservatives and Republicans, even if that civility isn't returned. Particularly in midwestern states like Iowa, moderate voters value civility very highly and given that Trump voters and supporters lack all semblances of civility, the moderates have always identified with Michelle Obama's famous "when they go low, we go high" mantra. If Democrats hope to attract these voters, they need to keep to that mantra and take the high ground whenever its offered. This will appease moderates, but there is peril as it will anger the more progressive elements, who are more reactionary, more tribal, more partisan and a lot more aggressive.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:09 am

I'd like to apologize to you @Young Kaz for the insults and the namecalling the other day.
I got pretty angry about your posts, probably because I had wrong expectations about this, and you, yet it never makes sense to lose ones temper online. So, apologies, Betty.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue on Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:52 am

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:52 am

@Blue wrote:

I really like this video. Very informative and quite disturbing.

Here's where I disagree with (or maybe I don't have enough information to truly grasp the whole thing):

First of all, why is the richest 1% holds more than 90% of the pie? Is it because they are working hard for it or is it because they are stealing it right from my own pockets?

Cause if they are working for it, I have absolutely no right to ask them to give me some. That's their money, and even though the world would be a much better place if we all cared for each other, helping out should remain a choice and not compelled by force.

Are they stealing it from my own pockets? I don't have the entire picture, but last time I checked, no, nobody is stealing from me.

Now, if we're talking about taxes, then sure, some of them are doing all the tricks under the sun to either lower or completely erase them, which is frankly disgusting. But that's another story.

We're talking purely about wealth here and whether it's unfair distribution is due to the 1% working their asses off for it or is it down to some kind of systematic disadvantages that it's so difficult to pinpoint.

Cause there's a fine line between demanding what it's yours by right and simply being envious of people who are doing better than you in life.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz on Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:13 pm

@Myesyats wrote:
@Young Kaz wrote:Bernie is totally not sexist.

Do you seriously not see how insane you sound? First of all, if you dumb democrats want to beat Trump, you have to attract voters from all sides of the spectrum. Having people like Joe Rogan on your side definitely helps with that.

Even if you (wrongly) think Rogan is sexist, you can't just discredit him entirely.

How are Democrats going to move forward and progress if you just cancel people and don't even want to have conversations with non-left people???? Conversation is the only way forward.

Some imbecile tweeted Rogan has no merit because he had Jordan Peterson and Milo Yiannopoulos on his podcast. He got 14k likes I think. So, again, you can't even have conversations anymore?! How are you going to arrive at a solution then if you don't talk? Its like republicans live in their bubble, democrats live in theirs and they let nobody in. These people are mad.

And thats what you do Betty. In your twisted mind you've now arrived at "Bernie is sexist" so he doesnt deserve to be president. People like you are sick. Isnt Warren going down the shitter now? Her dumb attack on Bernie was pretty much the nail to her coffin. And that CNN reporter assuming the worst of Bernie at the debate, even the audience lold, instead of uniting they just want to bring people down, it was all pre-planned like a WWE show and actually makes me like Bernie more

Whats insane is that a person like Sanders can signal boost getting an endorsement from a guy who says the things he does, yet signal boost and bitch about Trump not disavowing David Duke fast enough. Its BS and insane.

A democratic nominee, not even 4 years after Obama left office, is signal boosting the endorsement from a guy who called a black movie theater planet of the apes, and then bought into Trump's Birtherism bullshit:
Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 27 EPJLgVhX0AE5UTq

He goes on and on how he is against identity politics yet has a son who posts this:

Parroting dad's white worker class BS, yet we are "Against Identity Politics"

All he does is sit in the whitest state, acting like he doesnt have time for identity politics, while shitting on our party for not playing his identity politics.

I wont for vote him if hes the nominee.
Young Kaz
Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum