CBarca
Warrior
Robespierre
S
51 posters

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25

Go down

Who will progress ?

UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur - Page 25 Vote_lcap67%UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur - Page 25 Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 14 ]
UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur - Page 25 Vote_lcap33%UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur - Page 25 Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 21

UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur - Page 25 Empty Re: UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur

Post by Unique Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:40 pm

Luca wrote:United for sure, much worse team

Liverpool would be an excellent match stylistically. We have played against Salah on quite a few occasions but with him and Mane it would be interesting to see how we manage that. We would have more problems defending Liverpool I think, speed kills
but on the flip side liverpool will always give up more goal scoring chances than manure. but tbh i fancy you lot to beat both of us.

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur - Page 25 Empty Re: UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur

Post by Luca Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:47 pm

It's true, the Liverpool match could be a very interesting one. It's a tie we would definitely need Pjanic in for both legs- we do miss him for the first leg and that does matter since he's our best midfielder.

With Pool though, even the way the attacks come through its more difficult for us to defend. Firmino isn't a traditional #9, our strength is always going to be in the center of defence and the way Pool attacks will mitigate that more than a team like United.

Mourinho also does have a lot of experience a certain way of just grinding these ties out so you really don't know. I feel most of the quarter final ties are going to be quality match ups, lots of great teams left. I'm just excited we progressed, its not everyday we concede 2 at home and survive that tie

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:31 am

Luca wrote:It's true, the Liverpool match could be a very interesting one. It's a tie we would definitely need Pjanic in for both legs- we do miss him for the first leg and that does matter since he's our best midfielder.

With Pool though, even the way the attacks come through its more difficult for us to defend. Firmino isn't a traditional #9, our strength is always going to be in the center of defence and the way Pool attacks will mitigate that more than a team like United.

Mourinho also does have a lot of experience a certain way of just grinding these ties out so you really don't know. I feel most of the quarter final ties are going to be quality match ups, lots of great teams left. I'm just excited we progressed, its not everyday we concede 2 at home and survive that tie
Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:53 am

Spurs needs to stop, Its getting out of control now.

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:37 pm

You also wanna post Chiellini ignoring the ball and bodying Dele or Barzagli stamping on Son 3 times? Which should have been a straight red if anyone had seen it?

You realize every team does this multiple times per game? People go down with little contact constantly. Have you ever played a sport at a competitive level? How about the amount of times Dybala went down with little contact? The phantom call at the end of the game?

Pool fans are embarrassing. Has anyone seen fans of a team go on like this before? rofl at least Spurs players aren't in hearings about racism

I literally already posted stats the other day that show Liverpool are tied for the most yellow cards for diving since 2012. Out.

As for the rest of the arguments, I don't understand why they exist.

Can Juventus fans deny that they played negative football against Spurs? I don't see why they can't. They literally berated their team in the first leg for it. They played a little more open against Spurs in the second leg and sure they got a bit lucky Spurs are a bunch of frauds who can't score on the many good opportunities they had, and then sat back when they got their goals. But they won, so who gives a shit? They were clinical, they had more quality when in the moments that mattered most. There is more than one way to play football, and they deserve to go through for being more clinical.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:46 pm

CBarca wrote:

You realize every team does this multiple times per game? People go down with little contact constantly. Have you ever played a sport at a competitive level? How about the amount of times Dybala went down with little contact? The phantom call at the end of the game?

I literally already posted stats the other day that show Liverpool are tied for the most yellow cards for diving since 2012. Out.

Difference between going down easy and going down without contact. I posted a video about Trippier going down with no contact and not little contact. You start on about how I might have never played football and only incidents about little contact. Very nice.

Also nonsense, We are 6th not 1st as you say.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/revealed-premier-league-teams-worst-9643002

These stats don't even include Spurs this season, I doubt where you'd be then.

http://www.squawka.com/news/revealed-the-premier-leagues-worst-teams-for-diving-since-201213/844775#!squawka-gallery-1/844672/13/4858448-e1480940942325.jpg

Can't believe CB's into fake news and dodging bullets like Trump imo

Agree with the racism call though, Scummy Suarez.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:02 pm

Most Premier League yellow cards for diving since 2011/12 Chelsea (24) Liverpool (22) Sunderland (21) Man City (17) Spurs (17) Man Utd (15)

Sorry about it man. From Squawka.

The *bleep* point is that I'm not sure what you're on about when every team does this multiple times per game. Liverpool fans on the whole just look embarrassing and desperate "but but but this SPURS player went down with little contact" when y'all have had some of the worst serial divers in the EPL the last decade and hell if you want to go even farther back you've got Torres and Gerrard doing their thing. Should I mention the dive that allowed Pool to steal a CL title?

It shows a level of obsession and a victim complex that makes the fanbase look so unarguably pathetic more than anything. I've never said Tottenham are saints and Barcelona sure as hell aren't either, but I don't have any qualms about it. I know that no team is and every player is willing to take a tumble and as someone who watches the game and plays it, I'm pretty aware that everyone is doing it, and doing so won Liverpool a CL title, you can disown that if you like
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:05 pm

I just posted the same source (Squawka) but it has way different numbers hmm

Also going back to 2005 to prove a point ffs lmao

Last edited by Nishankly on Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:06 pm

Tottenham were not known as a diving team until Pochettino, it‘s clear to see who‘s influencing all this pathetic diving.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:31 pm

https://streamja.com/5o2

nice "phantom" contact

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:50 am

tbf I haven't seen a replay of that until now, willing to admit I'm wrong. Watching the game I didn't see the lash out by Sanchez after the fact, just the shielding the ball that happened. Which obviously wasn't a free kick in itself

What a *bleep* idiot Laughing

Lashing out because he cost Tottenham the tie. 20 years though, he'll learn. I was massively worried about him before the tie and I was right. People like to talk about how good he is and he has been fantastic for Tottenham this year by and large for most of the season, but he's had multiple crucial mistakes throughout the season, more than anyone else. Did against Juventus too.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:53 am

CBarca wrote:People like to talk about how good he is and he has been fantastic for Tottenham this year by and large for most of the season

UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur - Page 25 Giphy

by people do you mean Jay's article calling him Baresi's heir? heard nobody else hyping his thoroughly mediocre showings this season. More errors than a Unique post.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:07 am

CBarca wrote:tbf I haven't seen a replay of that until now, willing to admit I'm wrong. Watching the game I didn't see the lash out by Sanchez after the fact, just the shielding the ball that happened. Which obviously wasn't a free kick in itself

What a *bleep* idiot Laughing

Lashing out because he cost Tottenham the tie. 20 years though, he'll learn. I was massively worried about him before the tie and I was right. People like to talk about how good he is and he has been fantastic for Tottenham this year by and large for most of the season, but he's had multiple crucial mistakes throughout the season, more than anyone else. Did against Juventus too.

It’s all good. I actually didn’t see it until after the fact too. Then I saw this posted and everyone ripping him to shreds. I don’t think any Spurs defender was particularly that good. Should’ve conceded 3 pens in the tie and you’ll never advance on those odds. Once we bypassed the midfield- which was surely the toughest part, we were seemingly through.

Although, neither of our squads played to our usually defensive strengths. Us conceding two goals at home after leading 2-0, but also some of the chances we conceded we’re uncharacteristic in themselves.

Douglas Costa also somewhat the unsung hero of this tie, he did amazing work

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:34 am

The best way to put it for me is that the midfield and offense of Spurs, for the most part, acted like they had been there before. I can lambast Spurs for missing chances, which they certainly did, but that will happen and Juventus missed chances too. Still, they scored 3 goals against a great Juventus defense, so I can't be too harsh on them.

The defense on the other hand didn't act like they had been at that level before. They didn't act like they could contain Juventus and obviously they didn't. Davies, Aurier reckless. Vertonghen who is supposed to be the calming influence flew in on Costa and got lucky. Lloris was good though, but honestly he didn't have a whole lot to do other than picking the ball out of the net. Juventus either missed completely or scored, I can't recall how many saves Lloris even made.

Anyway the game is in the past, will have to retire from this thread tbh. This was memed into creation and was great banter all the way through tbh.

LADS I'M BACK TO BEING A FULL TIME BARCA FAN *bleep* BREXIT
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25