Luca
Kaladin
Great Leader Sprucenuce
iftikhar
Hapless_Hans
42 posters

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Newcastle United Watch - Jamal Khashoggi memorial edition - Page 8 Empty Re: Newcastle United Watch - Jamal Khashoggi memorial edition

Post by CBarca Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:48 pm

Where has your love for football in general gone?

Don't get me wrong, I have become a bigger NBA fan and less of a football fan than I was 4 or 5 years ago, but I still watch a lot of footy and love the game.

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Newcastle United Watch - Jamal Khashoggi memorial edition - Page 8 Empty Re: Newcastle United Watch - Jamal Khashoggi memorial edition

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:00 am

CBarca wrote:Where has your love for football in general gone?

Don't get me wrong, I have become a bigger NBA fan and less of a football fan than I was 4 or 5 years ago, but I still watch a lot of footy and love the game.

In general it just died, i think it would have happened without NBA it just so happened NBA filled a void.

But football in general isn't something i care for much anymore, I've tried to get back into it multiple times over the last 5 years or so but nothing works.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:20 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

In general it just died, i think it would have happened without NBA it just so happened NBA filled a void.

But football in general isn't something i care for much anymore, I've tried to get back into it multiple times over the last 5 years or so but nothing works.

Without my love for Chelsea or Adelaide United, I doubt I'd be anywhere near interested in football, aside from watching late CL matches and WC/Euros.

So I can see where you are coming from.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:58 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Nope, my love for the game has long since died.

I'm happy for Newcastle fans who are still invested though, they truly deserve this happiness.
Doubt that. If it was so, you wouldn't have been here.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:13 pm

In fairness to Mole, he hasn’t been here anywhere close to what was his posting history several years ago and when he does post it is rarely about futbol, more like he likes the community.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:40 pm

Kick wrote:

Without my love for Chelsea or Adelaide United, I doubt I'd be anywhere near interested in football, aside from watching late CL matches and WC/Euros.

So I can see where you are coming from.

Yes same for me but I'm just as sure that I never will lose my passion for Inter. It's immutable

So.... Ashley should be really a Dementor
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:05 pm

M99 wrote:This guy is legit. His family is super rich and he even tried to buy Liverpool. Newcastle are gonna be the new City. Their new look team next season will look like this according to my sources.

Navas
Wan Bissaka-De Ligt-Manolas-Tagliafico
Longstaff-Ndombele-Ziyech
Nicolas Pepe-Jovic-Obertan

Top 4 next year, PL title in 3 years. Quote me on this.

Richest owners in PL

1. Newcastles 260 Billion
2. City 23 Billion
3. Chelsea 10 Billion
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:29 pm

that gap is just insane
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:36 am

futbol_bill wrote:In fairness to Mole, he hasn’t been here anywhere close to what was his posting history several years ago and when he does post it is rarely about futbol, more like he likes the community.

Basically this, i don't post here for football. I haven't done for years.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:26 pm

I am well aware of what Mole went through in his attempt to regain it.

Sepi did as well.

Once the scale of life expands beyond your luxuries and viewing sports. One tends to previously almost realise that rooting for a near fictitious team and men who's names you wear on your back becomes silly.

Different reasons for many of course.

My passion is real for futbol but the raw emotion I felt in my prime viewing isn't there and I just can't seem to grasp why. May just be the reasons above. And this became the reasons why I went from adoring Ultras to having little to respect for them.

But bet your ass when bin Salman buys NUFC he will be riding them like never before.

Deserved anyway. Club has had it hard for decades.

And of course he will continue posting here. We all grew up together here for the ones that remained and have an impressive off-topic group too. Not to mention many intelligent men here to converse and learn with/from.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:02 pm

Mole seemed pretty into football when England was in the semis.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:49 pm

M99 wrote:Mole seemed pretty into football when England was in the semis.

Okay I'll respond.

The only time I've enjoyed football in last 5 years was during that WC, wasn't just England either but that whole tournament was very enjoyable.

Club football though? Can't remember the last time I've enjoyed it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:03 pm

Why is it relatively common here that as the members of this community grow older, more and more (myself included) seemed to be less in love with football?

At the same time, every EPL matchday there are thousands of individuals who are 30, 40+ who pack into the stands and care so much about the game that they swear, potentially throw things, get in fights, racially abuse players, and pay a lot of money for season tickets. What is the difference between these individuals and GL? They certainly haven't grown out of a "love" or passion for the game

Is it possible the game is less romantic than it used to be? Has the influx of money permanently altered the game for the worse? Or is this a part of "growing up"?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:30 pm

well you know if i lived in London and earned a healthy sum of money i would also be at most Arsenal games... in fact every single one if they actually played good football still

what i always pondered is how the ArsenalFanTV lads do it Laughing i mean they seem to go to every away game, even midweek out in Europe -- don't they have jobs?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:45 pm

CBarca wrote:Why is it relatively common here that as the members of this community grow older, more and more (myself included) seemed to be less in love with football?

At the same time, every EPL matchday there are thousands of individuals who are 30, 40+ who pack into the stands and care so much about the game that they swear, potentially throw things, get in fights, racially abuse players, and pay a lot of money for season tickets. What is the difference between these individuals and GL? They certainly haven't grown out of a "love" or passion for the game

Is it possible the game is less romantic than it used to be? Has the influx of money permanently altered the game for the worse? Or is this a part of "growing up"?

The answer is obvious.

We have to understand the demographic of those die-hard fans and into their lives. If you've met them you'd know even if that take is too surface level.

Of course exceptions abide but most of them have their lives built around the game, the pub and vicariously winning through them akin to the false achievements in video games.

As said, our scale in life simply has expanded beyond that scope and thus spread thin.

Passion remains for me, for instance. The emotion is less.

I see it as progress rather than growing out of it.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:51 pm

hmm i think for me Arsenal's success also plays a huge role.

I could see myself being quite a bit more passionate if they played enjoyable football. But then again, i guess it's just not Arsenal but football in general. The game isn't quite as exciting as "pro-aggression era" of the 00s as Kaladin would call it. And then tiki-taka was really enjoyable for a while to see a team dominate that much possession, but then got boring after a few years. And then football has been pretty much boring ever since.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat May 02, 2020 4:44 pm

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat May 02, 2020 7:30 pm

NO EXCUSES @Mole

Newcastle United Watch - Jamal Khashoggi memorial edition - Page 8 Budcx
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat May 02, 2020 7:32 pm

M99 wrote:Mole seemed pretty into football when England was in the semis.

Okay I'll respond.

The only time I've enjoyed football in last 5 years was during that WC, wasn't just England either but that whole tournament was very enjoyable.

Club football though? Can't remember the last time I've enjoyed it.

Proud
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun May 03, 2020 2:00 pm

S wrote:

If anyone needs I can take Mole's spot and watch some Newcastle next season. Poch Heart :wub:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 03, 2020 2:33 pm

Robespierre wrote:NO EXCUSES @Mole

Newcastle United Watch - Jamal Khashoggi memorial edition - Page 8 Budcx

Koulibaly, Vidal, Coutinho, Cavani... Borini Laughing
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun May 03, 2020 7:48 pm

El Gunner wrote:hmm i think for me Arsenal's success also plays a huge role.

I could see myself being quite a bit more passionate if they played enjoyable football. But then again, i guess it's just not Arsenal but football in general. The game isn't quite as exciting as "pro-aggression era" of the 00s as Kaladin would call it. And then tiki-taka was really enjoyable for a while to see a team dominate that much possession, but then got boring after a few years. And then football has been pretty much boring ever since.

What about the players also ? Can't think of one player younger than 30 who has some charisma. They're all the same metrosexuals with tattoo sleeves and shit haircuts. Also less of them have an extended skill set, physical attributes matter the most. So football has lost some of its aura in this regard.

Supporting a club helps to maintain the interest. But having enthusiasm in players as individuals, their skills, their development, their transfers is what creates true passion. For me.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:30 pm

Newcastle United Watch - Jamal Khashoggi memorial edition - Page 8 WildInsistentAfricanjacana-size_restricted

RIP MOLE wrote:A Saudi Arabian-backed consortium has ended its bid to buy Newcastle United.

The group, which included Saudi Arabia's sovereign wealth fund PIF, PCP Capital Partners and Reuben Brothers, had agreed a £300m deal to buy the club from Mike Ashley in April.

The deal was still being scrutinised under the Premier League's owners' and directors' test and it is understood PIF ran out of patience.

PIF said that it was with "deep sadness" that it had pulled out.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53598846
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:31 pm

Being mole is pain
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:38 pm

@Mole
Newcastle United Watch - Jamal Khashoggi memorial edition - Page 8 E35
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:10 pm

Probably this is even worse than last relegation in Championship for Mole.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next