Myesyats
Lord Awesome
Firenze
CBarca
BarrileteCosmico
30 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Official: Ernesto Valverde sacked - Page 6 Empty Re: Official: Ernesto Valverde sacked

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:48 pm

rofl

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Official: Ernesto Valverde sacked - Page 6 Empty Re: Official: Ernesto Valverde sacked

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:54 pm

The choice of the guy replacing Valverde is certainly controversial.

Reminds me of when Florentino sacked Carlo only to replace him with Rafa.

If there are no better alternatives available, maybe it's a telltale sign for you to wait a little bit longer.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:23 pm

Funny thing is he would've been gone in the summer anyways. Knee jerk reaction 101
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:29 pm

A Redditor on Shitien.

Maybe, if Bosz gets all salty and bitter after his team loses, even diminishing the winning team, and accusing the other teams of anti-football, or lucky with their chances. Like he insulted Leganés after a 3-0 loss saying: "Sometimes they get it right and sometimes they don't, that's why they are below us" (ironically, Leganés finished the season above Betis), or throwing their players under the truck, like after losing to Getafe, he said: "Its tough to play against getafe, because our forwards have scored 30 goals combined, our forwards cant do that" or saying that "Football lost" after a 0-1 defeat against Atlético with only a shot on target from the winning side, who finished the match with six defenders.

Tailor-made for Barça. :bow:
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:31 pm

Maybe the tension was too high after Espanyol draw and Atletico loss.

Its easy too judge from the outside. Half of the board was against Valverde since the Pool debacle anyway. Should've been sacked last summer but oh well.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:37 pm

IIRC Setien is supposed to be a really good coach, no?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:37 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Perucho21 wrote:
Myesyats wrote:Allegri offered himself reportedly

This season is lost, they should take their time and consider all options. Hopefully Poch is on the fence. Finally we got rid of the cancer.

Do you believe Valverde is the only cancer at Barca?

I am not blind to other issues that we have but I've been calling for Turdverde's sacking for more than a year surely. It's a relief.

Even with the best players, he'd not be suitable for Barca. And he's a really bad motivator.

I agree there are other issues but that is my point. I think there are deeper issues within the club that are apparent to everyone yet it has not been dealt with. Bartomeu, the board, questionable and failure of recent expensive transfers, messi's contract and other financial issues.

Valverde might not be a charismatic coach but the results he achieved are fantastic. 2 ligas, only losing liga match in 2018, b*tch slapping Real Madrid to the heavens above etc. Yet, and unfortunately, your 2 previous eliminations are always going to be known as Valverde's fault instead of the players bar Messi failing to show up in important matches.

Like I said, Valverde getting sacked after getting eliminated from the super copa of all competitions is weird to me. This is either something that was planned or an abnormal knee jerk reaction from Barcas board.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:39 pm

Perucho21 wrote:
Like I said, Valverde getting sacked after getting eliminated from the super copa of all competitions is weird to me. This is either something that was planned or an abnormal knee jerk reaction from Barcas board.

I read that he was "booed all game by the Saudi Barca fans"
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:49 pm

Tbh I can't laugh at Barca

Perez was about to bring in a coach the whole locker room hated (Mou) without batting an eyelid

Brought in Benitez who is not even close to being RM quality replacing the coach everyone loved especially after disaster last season of Mou where there were more infighting than the US senate.

Benitez then nearly tanked our season, I am not even going to get into the mindboggling stuff he did but that season ZZ saved Perez' presidency. Perez would 100% have been forced to step down had the ZZ experiment not worked. ZZ has saved him yet again

I have always seen Barca's board as more level headed when it comes to appointing coaches. They always get coaches that relate to Barca's way of playing instead of getting whoever is on the market like Perez.

I dont understand why they just didn't let Valverde finish the season and then offer Pep whatever he wanted. I think he's the only one that can clean up Barca's mess on and off the field.

In that sense, I really admire Perez for going back to ZZ to beg him to come back. Perez never admits that he's wrong but on this occasion he did and gave ZZ everything he wanted bar Pogba. He'll also go after Mbappe next summer for a fee unheard of before

Bartomeu just needs that one coach that can unite everyone. Setien is not it but at least he gets his team to play the Barca way. Like I said Pep is the one Barca need right now
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:51 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:IIRC Setien is supposed to be a really good coach, no?

One of those hipster coaches that get praised for playing beatiful football even though they lose every game. Like Paco Jemez who got praised for going toe to toe with Barca/Madrid despite relegating Rayo Vallecano. Imanol is the new guy everyone are hyping right now
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:00 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:IIRC Setien is supposed to be a really good coach, no?
product of Balague's hype
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:03 pm

Paco Jemez is a hero, and the "relegating Rayo" thing is a bit of a nothing argument for a club that has gone down and up many times in its history, and Paco oversaw the clubs best period

absolute legend, though he would never go to a corrupt POS club like Barca
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:05 pm

Paco has been sacked more times than I can remember. He is done. Nobody rates him anymore. Imanol is the new guy on everyone's lips right now
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:11 pm

in any case, to me it sure sounds like installing Setien is a far better idea than this nonsense with Xavi, even if the latter was first choice
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:29 pm

I don't know. Dont think it's tactics Barca lack it's that one guy that can motivate them. They dominated Atleti then capitulated. They dominated against both Roma and Liverpool before capitulating. That's probably why Valverde decided to start using defensive subs to protect leads which is totally against the Barca philosophy that worked so well against Roma/Liverpool

They have average players that you can't coach. They lack that one midfielder that would complete their midfield trio. And I don't see them going after a DM which they desperately need. They buy players they don't need forcing the coach to make it work. Let's not talk about the constant injuries to their best wingers instead having to make do with pseudo LB Griezmann passing the ball to Alba/Lenglet over and over

Not to mention their backline. Man they need a facelift in that area. None of those guys are good enough to be starters at Barca.

In short, Valverde is a company man that has done as well as he could with the players at his disposal. And still they are up there with the best.

His only criticism is his lack of motivation and I don't think Setien will command the level of respect in this team as Xavi would've

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:30 pm

Why would you sack him when he is 1st in La Liga and get Setien??? Makes no sense.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:31 pm

Looks like this won't be announced today

Ernie and his agents are giving Barcas board a hard time over his payout. Dont blame him
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:32 pm

@Doc, it's not a kneejerk reaction, as I said half of the board has been against Valverde for a long time but Bartomeu liked him so he stayed. The breaking point was long time coming and while the timing may be unfortunate, it was going to happen inevitably. It's not because of the Supercup, its the Roma and Liverpool debacles along with poor performances in general finally coming together to push Bartomeu over the edge. Should've happened last summer but whatever.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:34 pm

Setién wants a contract for beyond the end of the season. Barça are offering him 6 months. The coach's agent is trying. [rac1]

I choose to believe this. Di Marzio is a fraud
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:39 pm

Hire a seasoned, senior manager for 6 months lmao. Barca are just despicable.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:41 pm

to be fair, they are not forcing him to sign the contract.

surprised they can't promote someone from within
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:42 pm

6 months with an extenstion for more if he does well only sounds reasonable at this point imo
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:43 pm

does well like what? Win La Liga? Lmao
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:45 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:does well like what? Win La Liga? Lmao

Win la liga + convincing performances with good style in cl like not losing to fucking Roma 0-3
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:50 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:does well like what? Win La Liga? Lmao

Win la liga + convincing performances with good style in cl like not losing to fucking Roma 0-3

Yeah I mean I actually know very well what you're talking about lol
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:17 pm

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next