Freeza
Kaladin
Tomwin Lannister
Great Leader Sprucenuce
zigra
25 posters

Page 17 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next

Go down

Star Wars – Official Canon Thread.  - RIP Carrie Fisher - Page 17 Empty Re: Star Wars – Official Canon Thread. - RIP Carrie Fisher

Post by Freeza Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:41 pm

Cruijf wrote:I don't really care if people didn't like TLJ but to say it's worse than any of the prequels is just wrong Laughing

Prequels have retroactively become masterpieces

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Star Wars – Official Canon Thread.  - RIP Carrie Fisher - Page 17 Empty Re: Star Wars – Official Canon Thread. - RIP Carrie Fisher

Post by CBarca Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:00 pm

The revenge of the sith isn't that bad but it's really not great either. I think people give it a lot of credit because it's a lot better than I and II.

Both the force awakens and the last Jedi offer a LOT more than any of the prequels. Not that this current trilogy is a masterpiece or anything.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:04 pm

Depends what you want from Star Wars tbh

Episode 3 delivered on the insane action of force users in their prime. But had plenty of obvious negatives.

New trilogy is dark at times, has a lot going on in the background and a much more gripping story. Although I'd say they've left too much out, and been too vague at times that too much of the story is left up to us to imagine. And they've done us a disservice with the lack of lightsaber action. When there's like 4 adult force users in the galaxy you don't kill 2 of them in 1 episode off-handedly imo.

As I said before I sincerely hope that Episode 10-12 has a fully fledged galaxy of force users after episode 4-9 leaving us with next to no lightsabers, force users or anything like that.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:39 pm

Need more light sabers is basically what tom is saying

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:35 pm

I want to see more darth family

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:11 am

RealGunner wrote:I want to see more darth family

Bane, Plageuis, Revans, Sidious, Tyranus, Vader, Malak or Maul?

All? In a road trip comedy?
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:15 am

CBarca wrote:The revenge of the sith isn't that bad but it's really not great either. I think people give it a lot of credit because it's a lot better than I and II.

Both the force awakens and the last Jedi offer a LOT more than any of the prequels. Not that this current trilogy is a masterpiece or anything.

On the contrary, i feel like it gets criticised more harshly because it's a prequel and unfairly so.

It has it's faults, most of them attributed to poor pacing because they had to stuff too much in due to Episode 2 but i think it's genuinely good tbh.

But i'm biased, it was in my top 3 before the new films was made and always has been. This isn't like what Freeza says with me, i have always liked it and probably always will.

Doesn't mean i don't think 1 and 2 are utter garbage because i obviously do.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:26 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
CBarca wrote:The revenge of the sith isn't that bad but it's really not great either. I think people give it a lot of credit because it's a lot better than I and II.

On the contrary, i feel like it gets criticised more harshly because it's a prequel and unfairly so.

It has it's faults, most of them attributed to poor pacing because they had to stuff too much in due to Episode 2 but i think it's genuinely good tbh.

But i'm biased, it was in my top 3 before the new films was made and always has been. This isn't like what Freeza says with me, i have always liked it and probably always will.

Doesn't mean i don't think 1 and 2 are utter garbage because i obviously do.

Speaking more about the general prequel movement going on.

The new Star Wars films are being judge way more harshly than the old ones imo.

So many much bigger problems with the prequels than the new ones. The third one was by far the best though. Think it’s ROTJ level, or a little below. They’re about the same.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:32 am

I love TFA and Rogue One tbh, i don't agree with anyone criticizing them.

I just have so many issues with TLJ, it's not a bad film like Episode 1 and 2 are it just irks me because idiotic decisions were made which harmed the film in my eyes.

It's a shame because there was some legitimately great things about it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:25 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I love TFA and Rogue One tbh, i don't agree with anyone criticizing them.

I just have so many issues with TLJ, it's not a bad film like Episode 1 and 2 are it just irks me because idiotic decisions were made which harmed the film in my eyes.

It's a shame because there was some legitimately great things about it.

I don't agree with your criticisms. But even if I did, I think episode 3 has more of those decisions.

Teasing Vader and having him scream "NOOOOOOOOOO".
Anakin's turn being weird as f.
Padme dying of a broken heart
Unlimited POWAAAAAH, although I'll allow that for meme purposes.
Grievous overall was bad. Six lightsaber robot.
High Ground, also memes.
Seems like the countless horrible stuff in this movie has been turned into something positive because of the memeness.

Most of all visually the film was atrocious. Apart from the Mustafar stuff which was great.

George Lucas just lost the plot after Jurassic Park. Wish he'd never seen that film tbh. His early stuff was incredible. That guy could've made an incredible prequel series if he'd had some more guys willing to say no.

Nostalgia is such a huge part of these movies tbf.
I'm not proud of this, but I legit thought Batman & Robin was a great film until I turned like 14 years old Laughing Mainly because 6 year old me loved Uma Thurman in that green suit.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:34 am

Don't have a problem with any of those things except the Anakin turn and as i already said most of the issues i pointed out was due to bad pacing which in turn was mainly due to the film before it.

Bad pacing is basically the main issue with that film and almost every problem with it can be attributed to it, It doesn't have anywhere near as many fundamental flaws as TLJ does.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:24 am

The entire point of the movie is to show how Anakin turned to the darkside and they do it in the most ridiculous, illogical, unconvincing way possible. Way more fundamental of a problem than anything in TLJ.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:51 am

day 1
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:58 am

The star wars fanbase is so finicky I don't think the movie will be well received as it will reinvent such an iconic character, but at least it has Donald Glover.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:14 am

Pumped.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:56 pm

Star Wars – Official Canon Thread.  - RIP Carrie Fisher - Page 17 98eb8f10

The GOAT
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:59 pm

Young Lando :bow:

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:32 am

Looks like trash so probably will be good.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:54 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNW0B0HsvVs
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:21 am

The GOAT v2

Star Wars – Official Canon Thread.  - RIP Carrie Fisher - Page 17 F0d6a410
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:36 pm

May release, and not December?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:47 pm

Imagine doing a film about Han Solo and all everyone is talking about is Lando rofl

Film is gonna suck.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:22 pm

So I finally watched this and I don't get where all the hate comes from? Not an all time great entry to the series but the bad aspects were badly oversold. It was a little campy at times but nothing terrible IMO.

Plot made absolutely no sense and was garbage though, that was far worse to me than "they tried to introduce comedy to the series".
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:33 pm

Hate is mostly from the hardcore fanboys who didn't like how they tried to make it different.

It was a good film overall.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat May 19, 2018 5:50 am

Solo not getting the best of reviews
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat May 19, 2018 6:52 am

I have zero interest in it honestly. I think that's down to being lukewarm to the character in general.

The Jedi and Sith have always been the draw for me in Star Wars, virtually nothing else.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next