windkick
BarrileteCosmico
danyjr
33 posters

Page 24 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 32  Next

Go down

Match Day Thread - Page 24 Empty Re: Match Day Thread

Post by alexjanosik Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:01 am

Hope we are disqualified. That is the midfield and RB I want to see against the big sides. BTW, we struck gold with Arthur.
Seems a steal for 40 mil. Still a little rough but is going to be an excellent player.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:32 pm

danyjr wrote:Really good match by Semedo.

Not his first one though...

Also a great game by Arthur and Vidal. We need to sign Ndombele and pair him up with Arthur
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:55 am

Roberto in the 85th min. Can someone dump this piece of garbage out of our gloried club?

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:30 am

Alex what did you make of Messi pressing up high and dispossessing the opponent in the last 20 meters today?

Pretty embarrassing a guy named Braithwaite was able to make Pique and Roberto look like pub players, under a different ref Roberto's technical foul would've been a red
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:50 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Alex what did you make of Messi pressing up high and dispossessing the opponent in the last 20 meters today?

Pretty embarrassing a guy named Braithwaite was able to make Pique and Roberto look like pub players, under a different ref Roberto's technical foul would've been a red

Liked it. That's his job or am I missing something. On the game, until they scored, we played wonderful prime Barca football. Great play out the back, fluid in midfield and electric up front. Should have had atleast another goal. Thoroughly entertaining football.
Also liked Alena. Showed that he deserves more chances. He brings the ball forward from midfield which we dont have since Iniesta left.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:32 pm

Very poor match by Barcelona. Unable to create anything up the pitch and very exposed when caught on the counter. Sevilla were comfortable all match and 2-0 is a completely deserved scoreline. They were much more hungry for this match, winning practically all second balls and very lethal whenever they attacked. I don't even know who played in goal for them as Barcelona didn't threaten at all for 90 minutes bar that Malcom chance.

Now you can blame Valverde for his set up and line up and that's all valid but my criticism in this post will be directed at the Brazilian trio:

First of all Arthur whom I seriously don't understand. What is his job? He can shield the wall well but that's about it. He makes non risky passes (mostly back passes that often put his teammates under more pressure/tighter spaces). So he actually doesn't relieve the pressure from the back 4, he often adds more to it, while seldom driving the team forward like a box-to-box or a playmaker would. To add insult to injury every game he gets bypassed so easily when Barcelona have to defend. The couple of times he had to move the ball forward he just ended up running into traffic and losing the ball in comical fashion. He shields the ball like Xavi but that's where all comparisons must end, because he lacks the spatial awareness, the mentality, ability to read the game and the intelligence that chameleon eyes had. Waste of spot and a dead wood.

Coutinho, I think enough has been said about him. If you laugh at Madrid signing Bale for all that money you should have a think about your team signing this numpty for more money. I remember how a certain Messi-hater on this forum was keen on him joining and I wonder what he has to say about him now. Beta player all round, both mentally and physically. Highlight of his match was the second goal where he lost the ball so casually as if he was out on a kick about with his mates. Dead wood #2.

And finally Malcom, the guy none of us had heard from a year ago and suddenly was Barcelona's player overnight. I bet Roma are laughing at Barcelona for "hijacking" Malcom last minute. But please, those of you who like him may be able to explain to me what this guy is good at? He plays on the wing but he can't dribble. He is not that quick to beat a defender on pace. His crossing/passing leave a lot to be desired. Understandably he lacks confidence right now, as showcased by the one-on-one he missed, but generally he has offered nothing even when he has had minutes to impress. Another dead wood.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:18 pm

Watched to the first goal, Roberto and Malcolm were really poor. Roberto lost 5/6 headers one of them gifting 1on1, and Malcolm weak crosses (like 5) never found anybody. Vidal and Arthur were good and Rakitic offers nothing anymore, clearly on the way out.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:24 pm

I think the crossing was Velverde's tactics as he had KPB playing as CF otherwise I rarely see Roberto crossing the ball.

I thought Arthur was poor, I would pick Rakitić over him any day tbh.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:03 pm

Harmonica wrote:Watched to the first goal, Roberto and Malcolm were really poor. Roberto lost 5/6 headers one of them gifting 1on1, and Malcolm weak crosses (like 5) never found anybody. Vidal and Arthur were good and Rakitic offers nothing anymore, clearly on the way out.

Pretty much this.

I don't even know what Rakitic brings to this team anymore. I never really liked him but for most of the time he tried hard and performed fairly well. Now he just doesn't seem to find his place in this team. It's probably time for him to move on and the signing of Dejong is the spark for this to happen.

Roberto has to move on. Another La Masia gem that never made it but for some reason doesn't want to move on. Much like Denis Suarez. They both need to gtfo because they suck donkey balls.

Malcom isnt even good enough for a bench player which is a shame. One can only hope that we'll recoup some of the money we invested into him but he also needs to move on in the summer. No point in keeping dead wood.

Coutinho and Arthur should stay. They still have a future here, even if be it as bench players.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:12 pm

danyjr wrote:I think the crossing was Velverde's tactics as he had KPB playing as CF otherwise I rarely see Roberto crossing the ball.
Yeah but the crosses were on Malcolm, all the crosses were short, like he didn't have enough strength to kick it or something.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:38 pm

The ridiculous thing is that alexanosik is hiding when there is no messi to blame. His party starts when messi flops
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:35 pm

Can't find a reason for Coutinho to stay as a bench player...130M for a bench player is pretty ridiculous. For that tag he should of arrived and solidified he is a guaranteed starter but instead lost his place in midfield and also in attack. His ridiculous attempt to dribble past a player in the middle of the field is what lead to the counter attack 2nd goal. basically the only thing he offered while he was on. And Dembele continues to shine and improve by the game, so yeah no real reason to have him on our team if he can't fit in.

I am willing to bet he gets waxed in order to recoup the De Jong money.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:27 am

Didnt watch the game so cant comment on it.
On Coutinho, I think the criticism is over the top. He started brilliantly and clearly showed that he belonged. Up until the injury, he was one of our best players.
His issue is price tag, confidence and position. We have to remember that he was bought as an Iniesta replacement. I dont think he can play in a midfield 3 unless 2 of Vidal and Rakitic start. So he plays forward. His shots are not coming off and that has led to a drop in confidence. But he still has wonderful games where he doesnt score or assist. I forgot the game but a couple of league games back; he had a blinder without scoring or assisting. Basically, he had a game like Iniesta would have.
I am confident that Coutinho will come good again. Just needs time.

Lastly, it's the Copa. I hope we go out and dont have to play 2 extra games. Valverde should continue to rotate and give the likes of Alena valuable experience. They may not come good immediately and may have bad games but it will be invaluable experience and help them grow into better players.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:10 pm

Coutinho did well initially because his only trick i.e. cutting in on his right and shooting was working. A few games after teams studied him and prevented that. And there went down the drain his only positive attribute.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:43 am

danyjr wrote:Very poor match by Barcelona. Unable to create anything up the pitch and very exposed when caught on the counter. Sevilla were comfortable all match and 2-0 is a completely deserved scoreline. They were much more hungry for this match, winning practically all second balls and very lethal whenever they attacked. I don't even know who played in goal for them as Barcelona didn't threaten at all for 90 minutes bar that Malcom chance.

Now you can blame Valverde for his set up and line up and that's all valid but my criticism in this post will be directed at the Brazilian trio:

First of all Arthur whom I seriously don't understand. What is his job? He can shield the wall well but that's about it. He makes non risky passes (mostly back passes that often put his teammates under more pressure/tighter spaces). So he actually doesn't relieve the pressure from the back 4, he often adds more to it, while seldom driving the team forward like a box-to-box or a playmaker would. To add insult to injury every game he gets bypassed so easily when Barcelona have to defend. The couple of times he had to move the ball forward he just ended up running into traffic and losing the ball in comical fashion. He shields the ball like Xavi but that's where all comparisons must end, because he lacks the spatial awareness, the mentality, ability to read the game and the intelligence that chameleon eyes had. Waste of spot and a dead wood.

Coutinho, I think enough has been said about him. If you laugh at Madrid signing Bale for all that money you should have a think about your team signing this numpty for more money. I remember how a certain Messi-hater on this forum was keen on him joining and I wonder what he has to say about him now. Beta player all round, both mentally and physically. Highlight of his match was the second goal where he lost the ball so casually as if he was out on a kick about with his mates. Dead wood #2.

And finally Malcom, the guy none of us had heard from a year ago and suddenly was Barcelona's player overnight. I bet Roma are laughing at Barcelona for "hijacking" Malcom last minute. But please, those of you who like him may be able to explain to me what this guy is good at? He plays on the wing but he can't dribble. He is not that quick to beat a defender on pace. His crossing/passing leave a lot to be desired. Understandably he lacks confidence right now, as showcased by the one-on-one he missed, but generally he has offered nothing even when he has had minutes to impress. Another dead wood.

Good analysis. Agree on everything. Thumbs up
You are a good poster. Problem is you think Sergio Roberto is top RB and Nélson Semedo is Garbage. I haven't seen a single barca fans who rates S. Roberto, honestly as a Right Back he is garbage even a blind man can see.
Nélson Semedo is not that good either at least he has some pace. Sergio Roberto only better in passing thats it. S. Roberto should play as a Midfielder. Never as a Right  Back. Because i closely watched him long time, have re watched lots of his matches (as a RB) his main problem is this dude just cant defend at all. He is worst defend(RB) i have ever seen. Zero defensive capability, he is calamity at the back. Even if we put Messi as a RB he would do far better.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:49 pm

I don't think Roberto is a top RB by any means. But I prefer him to Semedo because he is far more intelligent than the Portuguese. Going forward, I think he's the closest you have to Dani Alves, who could drift in towards the midfield, combine well with the midfielders and create triangles for quick passing.

I agree that he is not good at defending and will never be. I also think Semedo has had a few good games recently. He was poor at Sánchez-Pizjuán but he was played out of position at LB and you could see it wasn't his natural position and always brought the ball to his right.

For me the main problem with Semedo is his lack of creativity and collective defending. One-on-one he is a good defender due to his speed and physicality but his concentration when following runners is not very good and he seems to drift and watch the man with the ball as opposed to runners wide/behind him. And going forward he is very poor tbh.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:11 pm

Suarez :facepalm:
Great pass after great pass and yet doesnt score some of the simpler chances.
Not a great match to write home about. Got the job done.
Mats is a great keeper but he is not very good at coming out. Always seems uncertain and creates confusion.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:56 am

danyjr wrote:I don't think Roberto is a top RB by any means. But I prefer him to Semedo because he is far more intelligent than the Portuguese. Going forward, I think he's the closest you have to Dani Alves, who could drift in towards the midfield, combine well with the midfielders and create triangles for quick passing.

I agree that he is not good at defending and will never be. I also think Semedo has had a few good games recently. He was poor at Sánchez-Pizjuán but he was played out of position at LB and you could see it wasn't his natural position and always brought the ball to his right.

For me the main problem with Semedo is his lack of creativity and collective defending. One-on-one he is a good defender due to his speed and physicality but his concentration when following runners is not very good and he seems to drift and watch the man with the ball as opposed to runners wide/behind him. And going forward he is very poor tbh.

Alves was a machine, on both ends of the field and had a limitless tank.

Sergi is good at being a midfielder, which is what he is. When he actually has to be a RB he is severely exposed. Not sure how anyone can possibly compare Dani and Sergi
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:06 am

The Arthur haters? In a must win match he stepped up big today.

Massive 6-1 result!
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:41 am

There is approximately 1 Arthur hater on this board, Danyjr probably.

Arthur is fantastic. If De Jong is a level above, we are in for a treat!
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:23 pm

What about Sergi Roberto haters? hmm
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:39 pm

Dude everybody thinks Roberto is trash, nobody thinks Arthur is trash apart from the one odd individual.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:52 pm

For every good match Arthur has had, so has Sergi Roberto.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:22 pm

danyjr wrote:What about Sergi Roberto haters? hmm

No one says he isn’t clutch. No one flat out hates him. What we (or maybe I shouldn’t speak for everyone) say is that he sucks donkey balls playing as a pure RB having to defend his flank and basically only excells when the midfield can hold the ball and thus he can join in and basically be a RM. If the midfield struggles and Sergi is called to be a RB more likely than not he is going to get exposed severely
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:33 pm

Sergi was SHIT defending today. Surprise
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:15 am

Roberto is just a straight up shitbag. Should be playing in the B team truthfully
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 32  Next