The Franchise
24 posters

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Match Day Thread 21-22 Empty Match Day Thread 21-22

Post by The Franchise Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:18 pm

Did anyone see the RB friendly?

Horrific performance.

352 could work, but not with Koeman. He seems very basic tactically, im very disappointed.

The moments it worked, it seemed out of happen-stance rather than plan. If you want to play this system, lets go Alba and Dest high up the field and uninvolved in deep build up.

Have De Jong and Busi constantly rotate positions between the pivot and libero, giving the pressing teams answers they cant solve. Lets get Depay/Griezmann dropping short as the other goes behind.

RB were so much more intense and physical, we could not handle it at all.

Defensively, Koeman is too man oriented also. It was easy for them to simply shift the midfielders over to one side because of our extreme midfield man orientation and have a dropping forward arrive into space, breaking our press.

If Koeman cant iron out these issues, we need to "settle" for playing 433 as its a much simpler solution where the players already can grasp it. It is a shame, because De Jong-Busi as this libero-pivot interchange could be tactical gold with another, more inventive mind as coach.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Match Day Thread 21-22 Empty Re: Match Day Thread 21-22

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:05 pm

Only watch the friendlies highlights, I dont know, just feel they arent a very good indicator of what we would see come the season? Or when we are some way into it, just too many factors missing.

Now that Messi is gone, cant help but feel we will really struggle... again, my hope is just top 4 Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:12 am

We wont really struggle imo, financially or results wise.
Let me address the financials first. For a long time, the players have been above the club at Barca. Laporta got rid of Dinho, Deco etc and there was a period of stability. Since Pep left, the players have been above the club.
That should never be the case. With Messi leaving, we should be able to break the stranglehold. And hopefully this time, we institutionalize some structures to ensure that players don't have too much power moving forward. The player power subjugated the Barca brand to the players. This led to a lot of fans assuming that Messi made the Barca brand and vice versa. Wrong, wrong and wrong. Barca was a big brand before Messi and will continue to remain so. What Laporta has to do is delink the brand from Messi and project it on its own strength. All we need to do is look at Madrid. They remain a top 3 brand post CR. We will also continue to be a top 3 brand post Messi. All this talk of us losing 50% revenue post Messi is just nonsense. Delink the brand, get rid of the subservient Messi complex and we will be fine.

Results wise, we will be fine as well. We have played Messi ball for the past 10 years. The result has been humiliation after humiliation. With Messi gone, we can finally incorporate modern elements into our game. Biggest one being pressing and defending as a team. Other players dont have to be subservient to Messi. They can now have the opportunity to play to their strengths. We can also play multiple tactical variations without constantly having to worry about the Messi problem. Our attacking variations can vary now. For the past several years, our attacking play has basically been " Messi dropping deep to pass to Alba and then wait for the cutback".

We have a very talented squad. Arguably the best midfield in the world. Some exciting young defenders and attackers. Easily top 4 and could win the league. And no more humiliations in the CL.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:49 am

As the franchise mentioned quarter-final exit in cl and 3rd/4th place in the league with messi is also possible without messi. It was gonna be his last year here anyway, I thought.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:46 pm

Tbh I just realized after reading alex's post, one of the positives to come out of this is actually to see what happens this season and then imho prolly being to laugh out loud when its proven it is so wrong Very Happy I get the logic, but in reality alex is the kind of fan that dont realize just how much Messi offered us. He may have his flaw, but his immense strengths we will not be able to replace. We will struggle... unless all of the squad gels and everyone performs at their peak level, extremely low probability of that...

So looking at the team, what we might have now is as below?

Depay/Augero
Pedri Griezmann
Alba Busquets De Jong Dest
Lenglet Pique Araujo

Dembele and Fati as wingers options when fit.
Pjanic as MF backup together with Roberto who also covers the FBs. Mingueza for CBs rotation.

Anything im missing?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:20 pm

Pjanic is going back to Juve most likely

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:04 pm

Same old complaints im tired of making aside, the Juve game was pretty good. Much improved from the RB game for sure.

I sense alot of inconsistent moments this season, other teams will be able to dictate what we do more and more often.

The teams who chose a dynamic, high pressing and strong build up game against us will see success and those who play a slower, sit back and conversative game against us we will break through generally.

Puig on the scoresheet again, Koeman will be furious Laughing
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:09 pm

I didn't watch the game but the youngsters again doing well. Biggest reason why I want Koeman continuing. Let's face it. We are not signing superstars or even very good established players anytime soon as we are broke. Koeman has been the best at bringing through youth since LVG. That's stretching back 2 decades. He has shown that the academy didn't run dry. Just needed a coach to trust and give deserving players chances. If Valverde was here, he would have played Rakitic, Busquets, Pjanic last season.
As long as we are broke, we need to gamble on youngsters. Don't think we can find anyone better than Koeman to do that.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:10 pm

That I agree with for sure, Valverde would be running these broken horses further into the ground with not even the slightest look in for the kids.

On a slightly different note, they did a squad presentation before the game where each individual had a walk out and the crowd was able to applaud each.

Ansu Fati and De Jong were greeted to very loud applauses.

Lenglet, Pjanic, Umititi and Sergi Roberto were booed very badly.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:50 pm

Not sure I agree with booing as long as the players are professional and give their all on the pitch. While I do get annoyed sometimes at players unwilling to leave, that's not on them. It's on the club and the fans for fostering a culture of obscene player power. You can't then turn around and boo players.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:00 pm

Don't get the Lenglet hate. I get that he is not close to world class, but your other options are far worse.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:43 pm

Caught up watching the game just now, it feel weird, but naturally - it just felt so much less enjoyable. I hope its more fact that its just a pre season friendly, with many missing, but it was quite obvious that our games will be less exciting obviously without MEssis magic Sad((( Our game and the oppositions setup against us will be quite different going forward, so some aspects of watching Barca will just be completely different. Its pure bad luck that we got Ronaldo Juve but no more him vs Messi... would have been much more attractive prospect.

Demir the midfield guy looked decent, our general play was decent, Koeman looks to have everyone motivated and know what they are doing already which is good. But not gonna get excited, it was a half fit Juve thats still clearly struggling.

Overall some positive signs, but just cant help but realise the reality of watching a quite different Barca from now on... I just fast forwarded large parts of the game, which I dont do that often during the past like decade....

Last edited by BarcaLearning on Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:41 am; edited 1 time in total
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:15 pm

I get those boos, but poor Pjanic has hardly been given any game time but its tough for him. I dont know I guess if our situation means we need to offload him and Koeman believes in the youngsters to backup our bare MF...

But I just worry about competing for a season with the MF we have atm.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:09 am

Messi has been for so long at the club that Barca doesnt feel like barca anymore, just another team of many. I don't know if I'll get used to it...

On one hand last year I've come to terms with the fact that Messi will be gone when he almost left, but on the other hand, now that he's actually gone, I'm completely lost.

I will keep watching and following but it does feel odd. The wound is still fresh however, I guess we'll see as the season goes on ...

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:09 am

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:31 am

The Franchise wrote:That I agree with for sure, Valverde would be running these broken horses further into the ground with not even the slightest look in for the kids.

On a slightly different note, they did a squad presentation before the game where each individual had a walk out and the crowd was able to applaud each.

Ansu Fati and De Jong were greeted to very loud applauses.

Lenglet, Pjanic, Umititi and Sergi Roberto were booed very badly.

what the actual fuck

what a horrible fan base
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:53 am

Yep none of them actually deserves to get booed like wtf? I dnot like them either because they're not good enough for the club but that doesnt warrant such a reaction smh

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:53 pm

danyjr wrote:Don't get the Lenglet hate. I get that he is not close to world class, but your other options are far worse.

There is only one other option and its Umtiti, so its not really saying anything that Lenglet is better than a finished player.

Araujo and Pique are obviously far better despite one's youth and the others old age.

He is really nowhere near the acceptable level. Boo-ing is too far, but he needs to be shipped off immediately.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:56 pm

alexjanosik wrote:Not sure I agree with booing as long as the players are professional and give their all on the pitch. While I do get annoyed sometimes at players unwilling to leave, that's not on them. It's on the club and the fans for fostering a culture of obscene player power. You can't then turn around and boo players.

Yes, I agree. Booing is not correct, especially certain players like Roberto and Umtiti who both have had good moments (and very important ones) in a Barca shirt. Pjanic obviously has contributed nothing and has shown quite a poor attitude in my opinion, but even he doesnt deserve that. I think they are seen as culprits in Messi leaving.

I wonder if the small crowd played a part, but it certainly impacted Umtiti who ended up not celebrating with the rest of the team at the end.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:58 pm

Myesyats wrote:Messi has been for so long at the club that Barca doesnt feel like barca anymore, just another team of many. I don't know if I'll get used to it...

On one hand last year I've come to terms with the fact that Messi will be gone when he almost left, but on the other hand, now that he's actually gone, I'm completely lost.

I will keep watching and following but it does feel odd. The wound is still fresh however, I guess we'll see as the season goes on ...

Perhaps this is because you dont recall a Barca without Messi?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:18 pm

could not care to watch this lame game, but it was sad to learn that certain players were booed. I heard coutinho and Umtiti did not join the team photo afterward. These guys are professionals and they are here because of a contract. you can't force them out showing such disrespect. hope the civilized world would realize that.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:00 pm

The Franchise wrote:
danyjr wrote:Don't get the Lenglet hate. I get that he is not close to world class, but your other options are far worse.

There is only one other option and its Umtiti, so its not really saying anything that Lenglet is better than a finished player.

Araujo and Pique are obviously far better despite one's youth and the others old age.

He is really nowhere near the acceptable level. Boo-ing is too far, but he needs to be shipped off immediately.
Not sure what you see in Araujo. Apart from his superior physical strength and speed to Lenglet he is far more reckless and not as good a passer as Lenglet.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:48 pm

Far better for the fans to blame the players who refuse to take a pay cut and leave than themselves for voting Bart in.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:59 am

Personally I have no issue with players rather they take a pay cut or not, the blame should be on the last board and the hate energy should be directed that way.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:36 am

Couldn't Barca partially pay the remaining wages so that they can move the players and create some room? That's what happens in the US all the time with bad contracts.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next