BarrileteCosmico
S
CBarca
Winter is Coming
Katy Perry
30 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The belief that Guardiola is a WC coach needs to cease to exist - Page 2 Empty Re: The belief that Guardiola is a WC coach needs to cease to exist

Post by Glory Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:21 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:

I think the fact that he had a massive warchest and an entire window to do his shopping should be taken into account when assessing his tenure at City. And while I believe it's still early to draw conclusions, I still think he should be blamed for not strengthening his squad properly.

It's true, he doesn't have a Messi at City, but neither does Conte or Klopp. The fact that those guys are doing slightly better, having spent much less should be proof that Guardiola can't complain about the massive drop in quality he's having with his current team, and for which he's entirely responsible btw.

This.
People justifying him by putting the talent gap argument needs to realize this first. It shows nothing but sheer arrogance on his part to go into a season with a backline as the one they had got. Look at their full back options ffs.

They have Clichy and Sagna, two Arsenal rejects. Kolarov and Zalaletta, two old warhorses who have long lost their legs. None of these players would get anywhere near the first team of the Top6 in the PL right now. And yet this man somehow thinks he can win stuff with these absolute scrubs.
He ships off England's no.1 like its nothing and brings in a vastly inferior keeper who is repeatedly making mistakes ever since and yet the pos is so up his own azz to admit he has made a mistake (which I though admit would be a silly thing to do in the middle of a season).

The guy is a top manager, but the notion that he is a tier above everyone else needs to stop.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The belief that Guardiola is a WC coach needs to cease to exist - Page 2 Empty Re: The belief that Guardiola is a WC coach needs to cease to exist

Post by Onyx Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:30 pm

World class coaches can lose games too. hmm

Contrary to popular belief, Pep unfortunately isn't an unbeatable cyborg who's programmed to win every game 5-0.

He's just a manager who happens to have a unique philosophy and a solid trophy cabinet. He stood out from the pack because of what he did at Barca. But what he did at Barca doesn't equate to unbeatable flawless coach.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:43 pm

Onyx wrote:World class coaches can lose games too.

Thread should be closed after this sentence
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:37 pm

There's funny, and then there's outright stupid.

Katy I'm afraid this thread is not that funny.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:20 pm

You think you're *bleep* better than everyone, waltzing in to ever thread, belittling posters with a snarky comment here and there? News flash, Sackless Hans, you're not
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:34 pm

Sackless Hans rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:59 pm

Ok I'm going to be absolutely serious for once, no tongue in cheek, no exaggeration, no banter, just plain stating what's up.

Then I'll be done with this neverending nonsense, because as a matter of fact I actually, for reasons that should be obvious, am enjoying Pep's relative troubles at City probably more than the next guy.

I'm going to say this as clearly as possible:

It's just plainly, evidently silly to question whether Pep is a WC coach, I'm not going to start bothering to find the apt expression for stuff like labeling a 'fraud', or 'the fraud of the century'.
That's it. Silly.

This is a guy who is not 50 years yet, has won the CL twice, has won the respective league in every but one season he's coached, broken countless records, has the second highest trophy density in football history after *bleep* Bob Paisley or something, and has done all that with a highly visible, clearly defined impact on the way his teams play.
Before you start coming with "but, but, but", it's just really important to accept this reality.
No matter whether you like him, whether you like his football, where exactly you place him in relation to other managers.
If this doesn't classify someone as a 'WC coach', you have a completely silly and useless definition of the term.

The guy is quite simply an amazing coach. He has an imprint on his teams, he is successful with it, it's attractive football. He has had huge influence on football in recent years, as can be seen in thread like this. There's absolutely nothing wrong with any of that.
If you can't, apart from banter or rooting against him, enjoy his work, it's actually your loss.

You could argue whether he's a better coach than 'manager' (thread used 'coach'), you could analyse what may be his weaknesses, but it's disingenuous to do so whithout acknowledging his obvious strentgh.

So people who flat out deny Pep is simply an amazing coach are either purposefully obtuse, actually stupid, resentful, or disingenuous.
Mostly I find posts in this forum fall in the letter category.

People flat out apply other expectation to Pep, and move the goalposts of the discussion if their judgements collide with reality.

That being said, points made by @Demon of Cabbage do stand.
There are no excuses for Pep, and what Conte and Klopp are doing at the moment can be counted as more impressive.
Pep had loads to spend, player quality is not an excuse. Then again why would he even need an excuse? Why´?

Because obviously, people rating Conte and Klopp aren't bothered that Conte is a CL flop so far and that Klopp actually had BVB on a relegation spot in midseason, in Bundesliga.

And I'm not saying they should be bothered, I think both Klopp and Conte are amazing too.
Point in case is just, Pep is a 'fraud' when he falls to 5th after winning the 6 opening matches of his first season at club and league.
Disingenous, resentful, or obtuse.

So long kids.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:35 pm

You know shit will get serious when hopeless hans gets called out, ffs
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:16 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:]

However now, and even though I still consider him to be WC, I believe he's got only himself to blame and he shouldn't be excused for not doing as well as his colleagues.

I think the fact that he had a massive warchest and an entire window to do his shopping should be taken into account when assessing his tenure at City. And while I believe it's still early to draw conclusions, I still think he should be blamed for not strengthening his squad properly.

It's true, he doesn't have a Messi at City, but neither does Conte or Klopp. The fact that those guys are doing slightly better, having spent much less should be proof that Guardiola can't complain about the massive drop in quality he's having with his current team, and for which he's entirely responsible btw.

No one is passing the blame for the current poor results of City, which in the absolute is just a fragment of the season and we still dont know how the season will end. I briefly mentioned it, he made coaching mistakes this season, not just in terms of personnel but also coaching decision on the pitch.

My point about the drop of in talent is akin to when you eat ice cream, and then you try to eat a fruit right after and it tastes blend. catching my drift? the drop off his significant, it takes time to adjust, it's not just the talent level here, but also the experience, the leadership and the professionalism.

And i am not taking about the credit from Klopp or Conte who at this point in the season are doing a better job, and we can all appreciate that. Both managers are also used to working with less talent and being more grounded in the tactics, but pragmatic so to speak and it's clearly paying off at this stage.

I was going to answer Chad, but then again, i remember it's Chad lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:32 pm

He's not Coachessi class who has managed 4 major finals after him, which 3 with 3rd rate team, but he's world level coach meaning he can coach Top 5 teams in Top 5 leagues. Thats about it.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:40 pm

Harmonica wrote:He's not Coachessi class who has managed 4 major finals after him, which 3 with 3rd rate team, but he's world level coach meaning he can coach Top 5 teams in Top 5 leagues. Thats about it.

The belief that Guardiola is a WC coach needs to cease to exist - Page 2 Hi-res-b6559484792006e3fd345010cf937e32_crop_north
The belief that Guardiola is a WC coach needs to cease to exist - Page 2 688318_1
The belief that Guardiola is a WC coach needs to cease to exist - Page 2 2431BB5100000578-2883732-image-a-57_1419348570161
The belief that Guardiola is a WC coach needs to cease to exist - Page 2 Jzn3e3ode6-amu1vf4d7zpadxl1m6e-large

The belief that Guardiola is a WC coach needs to cease to exist - Page 2 Messi-crying

Last edited by jibers on Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:40 pm

rofl
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:28 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Ok I'm going to be absolutely serious for once, no tongue in cheek, no exaggeration, no banter, just plain stating what's up.

Then I'll be done with this neverending nonsense, because as a matter of fact I actually, for reasons that should be obvious, am enjoying Pep's relative troubles at City probably more than the next guy.

I'm going to say this as clearly as possible:

It's just plainly, evidently silly to question whether Pep is a WC coach, I'm not going to start bothering to find the apt expression for stuff like labeling a 'fraud', or 'the fraud of the century'.
That's it. Silly.

This is a guy who is not 50 years yet, has won the CL twice, has won the respective league in every but one season he's coached, broken countless records, has the second highest trophy density in football history after *bleep* Bob Paisley or something, and has done all that with a highly visible, clearly defined impact on the way his teams play.
Before you start coming with "but, but, but", it's just really important to accept this reality.
No matter whether you like him, whether you like his football, where exactly you place him in relation to other managers.
If this doesn't classify someone as a 'WC coach', you have a completely silly and useless definition of the term.

The guy is quite simply an amazing coach. He has an imprint on his teams, he is successful with it, it's attractive football. He has had huge influence on football in recent years, as can be seen in thread like this. There's absolutely nothing wrong with any of that.
If you can't, apart from banter or rooting against him, enjoy his work, it's actually your loss.

You could argue whether he's a better coach than 'manager' (thread used 'coach'), you could analyse what may be his weaknesses, but it's disingenuous to do so whithout acknowledging his obvious strentgh.

So people who flat out deny Pep is simply an amazing coach are either purposefully obtuse, actually stupid, resentful, or disingenuous.
Mostly I find posts in this forum fall in the letter category.

People flat out apply other expectation to Pep, and move the goalposts of the discussion if their judgements collide with reality.

That being said, points made by @Demon of Cabbage do stand.
There are no excuses for Pep, and what Conte and Klopp are doing at the moment can be counted as more impressive.
Pep had loads to spend, player quality is not an excuse. Then again why would he even need an excuse? Why´?

Because obviously, people rating Conte and Klopp aren't bothered that Conte is a CL flop so far and that Klopp actually had BVB on a relegation spot in midseason, in Bundesliga.

And I'm not saying they should be bothered, I think both Klopp and Conte are amazing too.
Point in case is just, Pep is a 'fraud' when he falls to 5th after winning the 6 opening matches of his first season at club and league.
Disingenous, resentful, or obtuse.

So long kids.
See,  what I can't stand about Guardiola and his fans is the arrogance.

The same arrogance Guardiola showed when he said that trees will burn in their return leg vs Real before getting his ass whooped (ironically, it's the same arrogance his team showed exactly 20 years ago as a player vs Milan, already celebrating the win before getting his ass whooped in the same resounding way).

The same arrogance after which he says his victorious opponent didn't play football/didn't deserve to win.

The same arrogance when he treated Ibra like a fiat.

The same arrogance when he moved one of the finest and most decorated fullbacks of all time in Lahm to midfield.

That same arrogance seems to be passed to his fanboys. Apparently the subjective belief that he plays beautiful and attractive football and how he "left an imprint on football" is a inconfutable fact.

I personally can't stand Guardiola's teams. It's like watching paint dry.

I personally think his possession playstyle aka choke the life out of you is the most boring and vile playstyle there could be. It's actually as much defensive as playing catenaccio if you think about it
But apparently anyone having a different opinion is stupid and has a Rosemary Kenedy after lobotomy IQ or is 'resentful'. For what I'll never know.

You're the one moving the goalposts. I accept the reality that he won 2 CLs and he was WC almost one decade ago.
At the same time tho, I vigorously refute the assertion that he's WC in this day and age.

I don't give a flying *bleep* about whatever his winrate record is. 95% of the games he won happened because his team was 100x times superior and could have literally won without a coach.

Yes, 95% of his wins in  would have happened if his team was handicapped to the point that if they had no instructions, no inputs, no supervision from a coach, contrary to their opponents, they would have won the same.

And I'm not saying it because he legit took a team that ended up 25 points above the second (it was 91 to 66 in Jupp's last year, I was wrong in my opening) and took their best players, nope.
I'm saying this because this very thing, this very scenario happened in 12/13, when his Barcelona squad won a league with Tito 5000 miles away treating his cancer, and actually did better than any Pep's season points wise.

What I give a *bleep* on the other hand, is how minimal and insignificant, if not deleterious, his "world class" contributions have been whenever he's facing a team of the same caliber, and how constantly he gets squashed in those kind of games. Like in this whole season with City and the CL knock-out games before. Or how in those big games he succeeded, how heavily he needed Ovrebo's, de Bleecker, Stark, etc help to win those 2 CLs almost a decade ago.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:34 pm

This is just stupid now Katy. I love good banter as much as anyone but I'm starting to get the feeling you're actually serious.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:02 pm

hmm it wasn't Pep who said trees will burn, but Rummenigge who made that statement...

"It will be very hot for them at our home. They know 70,000 of our supporters will be waiting for them. It will be hot enough for the trees to burn in Munich." Karl-Heinz Rummenigge
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:14 pm

LMao Pep is a person who made millions of people fall in love with football because of the way he made Barca play.

He had exceptional players yeah but some other coach might have not given a chance to some players, for example he introduced young Busquets and Pedro into the team, he created them.

He's a legend in every sense of the word.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:22 pm

Katy Perry wrote:
See,  what I can't stand about Guardiola and his fans is the arrogance.

The same arrogance Guardiola showed when he said that trees will burn in their return leg vs Real before getting his ass whooped (ironically, it's the same arrogance his team showed exactly 20 years ago as a player vs Milan, already celebrating the win before getting his ass whooped in the same resounding way).

The same arrogance after which he says his victorious opponent didn't play football/didn't deserve to win.

The same arrogance when he treated Ibra like a fiat.

The same arrogance when he moved one of the finest and most decorated fullbacks of all time in Lahm to midfield.

That same arrogance seems to be passed to his fanboys. Apparently the subjective belief that he plays beautiful and attractive football and how he "left an imprint on football" is a inconfutable fact.

I personally can't stand Guardiola's teams. It's like watching paint dry.

I personally think his possession playstyle aka choke the life out of you is the most boring and vile playstyle there could be. It's actually as much defensive as playing catenaccio if you think about it
But apparently anyone having a different opinion is stupid and has a Rosemary Kenedy after lobotomy IQ or is 'resentful'. For what I'll never know.

You're the one moving the goalposts. I accept the reality that he won 2 CLs and he was WC almost one decade ago.
At the same time tho, I vigorously refute the assertion that he's WC in this day and age.

I don't give a flying *bleep* about whatever his winrate record is. 95% of the games he won happened because his team was 100x times superior and could have literally won without a coach.

Yes, 95% of his wins in  would have happened if his team was handicapped to the point that if they had no instructions, no inputs, no supervision from a coach, contrary to their opponents, they would have won the same.

And I'm not saying it because he legit took a team that ended up 25 points above the second (it was 91 to 66 in Jupp's last year, I was wrong in my opening) and took their best players, nope.
I'm saying this because this very thing, this very scenario happened in 12/13, when his Barcelona squad won a league with Tito 5000 miles away treating his cancer, and actually did better than any Pep's season points wise.

What I give a *bleep* on the other hand, is how minimal and insignificant, if not deleterious, his "world class" contributions have been whenever he's facing a team of the same caliber, and how constantly he gets squashed in those kind of games. Like in this whole season with City and the CL knock-out games before. Or how in those big games he succeeded, how heavily he needed Ovrebo's, de Bleecker, Stark, etc help to win those 2 CLs almost a decade ago.

The only sort of people I've encountered here that believe Pep is WC are seem to be either fanatical (which is natural if you are a Barca fan), display an elitist mindset, or have a superiority/narcissistic complex. The rest who don't fall there are all sheep.

We all have our vices, though.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:34 pm

^Bunch of bs right there.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:00 pm

@Katy Perry

Surely you must be trolling

I ask you this, was Rinus Michels a WC coach because he needed Cruijff, Sjaak Swaart, Krol and Neeskens to win the European Cup

Was Saachi a fraud because he needed tobuy van Basten, Guillut and Rijkaard tro win the European cup and only won the league once

Was SAF a fraud fro winning the European cup twice in his career depite dominating the EPL for years and then flopping consistently and under performing in the CL until his last 6 years?

Was Cruijff a bum for needing 3/4 years to build his dream team and he required world class talents like Koeman, Laudrup and Stoichkov to do so?

So COnte is a super coach now? What happened that he was consistently flopping at Juvein the cl saying the squad was not good enough and then Count MAx won a double and reached a cl final in his first season. Is Count Max a far superior coach?

WHat I'm seeing here is people hating Gaurdiola because he has been rightly/wrongly crowned the best coach by the footballing world and essentially you all want to see him fall off this pedestal that he has been placed on by the media. Don't worry, you are not alone, the British media are having a field day and they are the happiest atm.

The Fact is that Pep has had a monumental effect at the way football is being played and viewed in Eruope, particularly on the popularity of small playmakers, splitting cbs which almost every team uses now in all the top leagues etc

He is not the second coming of whatever like some people hold him up to be, nor is he a fraud coach like you insist. What he is, is a very good coach that has his ideas and requires intelligent players to pull it off. It's really that simple. He is a great coach, like Conte, Like Simeone, Like Mourinho etc

Had his players taken the chances that the teams created this would be another story. City could have routed Chelsea had de Bruyne and Aguero score the easy chances they had and Conte wasn't looking super human when City were dominating and outclassing Chelsea.

People really need to calm down. So please comment on what Super Klopp did with Dortmund last year. Is he bum for that now despite having the second best squad?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:27 am

I still can't believe that Klopp had Dortmund in relegation for 95% of the season rofl
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:34 am

City isn't going to sack him lol. They'll give him all the time and money he needs to build the team according to his vision. They didn't chase him for five years just to sack him because some declining players are having trouble adjusting to his football. He was hired to get City to play his football, and rest assured he won't change because of that.

It's a process. I expected the first season to be bumpy. Hell, in my pre-season predictions I had City finishing 3rd. Admittedly, the first 10 games made many of us overzealous but I still maintained that City would have a very bad slump, but everyone involved will come out better because of it.

Pep went to City for the challenge. As Nick mentioned he's coaching his style to a totally different group of footballers. At Barca, he had players who grew up playing that way and at Bayern, he had very intelligent players like Alaba, Lahm, Boateng, Lewa, and Alonso.

He doesn't have those type of players, so naturally, it's going to take longer to see those results. Instead, he's targeting young players with potential and he's attempting to mold them to his vision.

The likes of Sane, Sterling, Stones, and G.Jesus aren't going to produce the type of football he wants right away. It's going to take time and everyone involved in the club understands that. Those players alongside KDB and Gundogan are the ones he's going to build City around.

The current crop is past it and he's been given the task to transition the team from the likes of Toure, Zaba, Kompany, Silva, and Aguero to the younger players. It's clear that the current bunch can't play his football to the level required (results and tactical flexibility) and he's adapted to that. City hasn't played with 3 ATB since the Chelsea game. The build up phase is more simple, and the players seem to have been given simpler tasks.  

When you look at the goals City concedes it's because of their individual mistakes and poor positional play. That's a combination of mistakes from everyone involved. Sometimes, City has too many players on the same vertical/horizontal lines, other times the players pass the ball to the opposition, it's clear they still have some ways to go.

Add things like the ball being in the air more than any other league or the struggle with the 2nd ball, dominating games is going to be tough and even tougher with the current players. However, despite all of that City's general play has been quite good at times. Even with the players who won't be here in a season or two, City has been very good at times. Surely we can't deny that?

I do think Pep and his staff will find ways to combat the PL's peculiarities. Once they do, City will be much better. The young players by then will be given more responsibility and will have had time to get to grips to what Pep wants them to do.

It's a project. The first half of the season has clearly shown that mistakes have been made by everyone involved. The transfer market, Pep's coaching, and the players themselves are all at fault, however at the end I think it will work out. They'll figure it out and they'll become one of Europe's elites.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:06 am

City despite the fact they have billionaire owners seem to very patient tbh.

They are not like most foreign owners really, i remember people calling for Pellegrini's head for at least a season before he left and he only left because Guardiola came available and they considered that a good move.

Same goes for other managers they have had, so regardless of results i feel like there's no chance of him being sacked just based on the character of the owners.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:28 am

jibers wrote:
So COnte is a super coach now? What happened that he was consistently flopping at Juvein the cl saying the squad was not good enough and then Count MAx won a double and reached a cl final in his first season. Is Count Max a far superior coach?
Dude, the guy has had TWO CL campaigns ffs. And in one of them he topped the group and sent the titleholders home and reached quarters.
I do agree that in his second one he failed, and in the quarters vs Bayern he got outclassed, but it's still far from "constantly flopping in the CL".

Not to mention how he played in those games with Padoin, Peluso and Isla at the wingbacks(the most important role in a 3man defense IMO) and Matri-Quagliarella as either the starters or the first alternative.
Having better options for the fullbacks, or having a big game performer in Morata like Allegri had the next year would have helped Conte a lot to progress in the CL.

Not saying that Allegri hasn't done a wonderful job, he did. He was more prepared than Conte for the CL aspirations Juve had.

Conte was way too prideful and egocentric in his Juve spell. Either his way or the high way, either win by complete domination or lose convincingly, there was no in between. Allegri has a more clever and astute approach and knows his and his team's strenghts and limits and can adjust his playstyle to the needs of his team and can adapt to the opposition. He also has a more calm and collected approach, Ancelotti-esque, to the preparation of a high pressured game compared to Conte. Those factors made Juve get so close to the CL in 2015, made Juve one of the best in 2016 despite going out early, made Juve progress a group that was seemingly easy but turned out to be one of the most insidious groups with one game in advance this year.

But despite that, it's not fair to say that Allegri is a vastly superior coach. Conte took 2 midtable teams like a 2 consecutive times 7th placed Juve and 11th placed Chelsea to a league title ffs. Allegri only once dealt with a midtable team, his last year at Milan, and he was on the brink of relegation before getting sacked.

And I think Conte matured a lot in those 3 years, and I believe he has shown an improved and more flexible mentality that united with his excellent coaching abilities will make him flourish the next time he appears in the CL.

I will open a "The conjecture that Conte is a CL failure needs to be extirpated" thread once he starts breaking consecutive wins/cleansheets records in the CL next year.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:50 pm

I felt for a long time that Mou > Pep due to the previous records between the two and circumstances considered. Anyway I think both are WC obviously, maybe its us fans that expect too much in that we think they can just get into a new club and take them to the top very quickly. Thats just not realistic.

Its just half a second, and I think its been mixed for Pep, hes done some good things but still got a lot to learn in the EPL it seems, and needs to adapt as he learns. I dont think he will fail but that depends on how much expectation u place on him in the first place, and remain confident he will improve and get it right, I just hope he will take to long Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:47 pm

Pep is alright. No Zidane but he'll get there.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:12 pm

Poor fella's losing it. Already talking about retirement.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next