kattanib
Sir Psycho
Khaled
Great Leader Sprucenuce
The Sanchez
25 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The next coach after Pep Guardiola? Empty The next coach after Pep Guardiola?

Post by The Sanchez Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:55 pm

We all know that Pep will go some day but who would be your choice of the next Barca coach.
For me the Under 21 Spainish National Team coach or Andre-Villas Boas.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

The next coach after Pep Guardiola? Empty Re: The next coach after Pep Guardiola?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:01 pm

My choice would be an Accountant or Xavi
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

The next coach after Pep Guardiola? Empty Re: The next coach after Pep Guardiola?

Post by Khaled Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:26 pm

Guardiola will stay..

IF he left (hope not).

Luis Enrique, (assistant coach)--> Xavi when he retires!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Psycho Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:04 pm

Frank De Boer - I'd like to see him here but lets see how he does after a full season at Ajax. They sit in 5th place right now.

Cocu - Just me dreaming.

Luis Enrique - After his Roma experiment, if he wants.

Xavi - Maybe a few years after he retires, he could start w/ the B Squad like Pep.

André Villas-Boas - Even though I think he has an unhealthy fetish for Barcelona.

Eusebio Sacristán - Current B-Sqaud coach (Former Player).

Sergi Barjuán - Former Juvenil B coach (Former Player & Catalan).

Tito Vilanova - Doubt it but...

Marcelo Bielsa - Kind of a wildcard, but I like his ways. Would fit in seamlessly imo.
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kattanib Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:02 am

Pep puts such a high standard that I would literally feel depressed the day he leaves. All I hope for is that the day he leaves happens to be the day he is suppose to. Looking back at Rijkaard, that was what I call leaving at the right time. Pep has so many good qualities that I would like him to pass to his successor, let it be Xavi Very Happy (Though I know that he is not into management). These are the qualities I'd like to see, IMHO they come before success:
1. Believing in the Barca style of play.
2. Being a visionary.
3. Being classfull.
4. Giving the priority to the Masia players.
5. Being a tactical master, with the respect to the beauty of the game.
6. Being workaholic.

feel free to add to those qualities Wink
kattanib
kattanib
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by kattanib Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:12 am

A little of topic, sorry Embarassed

My favorite "Pep Tactical Moment" :
It was against Madrid in the Ibra season, an away match, 2-0 I believe. Pep started the game playing Alves as a fifth defender with a more attacking role. He messed up Madrid's papers from the first second by doing that. Second half, he wanted to lessen the defense from 5 to 4, he did it gradually to see how it will work. In the first 10-15 minutes of the second half, he tested a 4 defenders formation with Maxwell as a LM. He didn't see a serious increased threat from Madrid's offense, he introduced Iniesta then for Maxwell. The way he did it gradually and tested it first is what made me go crazzzy "in a good way".
kattanib
kattanib
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:21 am

The closest thing to Pep available is Bielsa. The two could be twins.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:57 am

The coach understands Barcelona's philosophy...Hopefully has grwon up there as a player, Laudrup. What he did at Mallorca was admirable imagine what he could do with the players in barca at hhis disposal. Laudrup is one of the ebst players of all time, him coaching Barcelona would be a personal dream of minand has been since he let. It would be poetic...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:14 am

People saying guys like Villanova, Enrique, Milla and Villas-Boas... I don't think it will happen. I think it would be very hard for these guys as young, inexperienced managers. Villas-Boas is still pretty raw, if he proves himself at Chelsea in the next 3 years maybe, but I certainly wouldn't take him yet. We took a gamble on Pep which paid off big time, but is there really such thing as another Pep? I don't think so.

There's a number of reasons. The first being that Pep is special and unique, but the second is that the circumstances would be quite different. Nobody expected too much from Pep. Sure there were expectations, but that year, most fans would have been happy with improvement and a promise of big things to come... instead he delivered a treble. The next coach would have to come in and fill the shoes of arguably the clubs greatest ever manager, and either reclaim/maintain Barca as not only the number 1 team around, but the best ever! This is a job nobody wants...

Bielsa is a great suggestion because he's experienced and I think he could handle the pressure.

Xavi is not really an option, he said he probably will never be a manager.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:30 am

Could always be chance of him, Inestia or Messi to pass onto the younger generations of the Barca way.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:52 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:People saying guys like Villanova, Enrique, Milla and Villas-Boas... I don't think it will happen. I think it would be very hard for these guys as young, inexperienced managers. Villas-Boas is still pretty raw, if he proves himself at Chelsea in the next 3 years maybe, but I certainly wouldn't take him yet. We took a gamble on Pep which paid off big time, but is there really such thing as another Pep? I don't think so.

There's a number of reasons. The first being that Pep is special and unique, but the second is that the circumstances would be quite different. Nobody expected too much from Pep. Sure there were expectations, but that year, most fans would have been happy with improvement and a promise of big things to come... instead he delivered a treble. The next coach would have to come in and fill the shoes of arguably the clubs greatest ever manager, and either reclaim/maintain Barca as not only the number 1 team around, but the best ever! This is a job nobody wants...

Bielsa is a great suggestion because he's experienced and I think he could handle the pressure.

Thing is Xavi would be the perfect person to coach Barca.Like Pep he is a Cule through and through.
Raised in La Masia,played his entire life at Barca.
And the way he plays,by all accounts he should be a master tactician.
So it disappoints me a great deal to hear that Xavi doesnt want to coach.
The one thing that gives me solace when thinking of Xavi's retirement is the thought of him coaching Barca some day.Many a day I picture him on the sidelines in a suit,hands in pockets,urging his players on.

Xavi for coach. Thumbs up

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:52 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:People saying guys like Villanova, Enrique, Milla and Villas-Boas... I don't think it will happen. I think it would be very hard for these guys as young, inexperienced managers. Villas-Boas is still pretty raw, if he proves himself at Chelsea in the next 3 years maybe, but I certainly wouldn't take him yet. We took a gamble on Pep which paid off big time, but is there really such thing as another Pep? I don't think so.

Thing is Xavi would be the perfect person to coach Barca.Like Pep he is a Cule through and through.
The one thing that gives me solace when thinking of Xavi's retirement is the thought of him coaching Barca some day.Many a day I picture him on the sidelines in a suit,hands in pockets,urging his players on.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:08 pm

alexjanosik wrote:

I also have a hope he will... I think he could change his mind because he's football mad... but that would take time, so he won't be the successor to Pep. Maybe he could be coaching in 15 years!
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:22 pm

Lol @ people suggesting Xavi, I would personally welcome that Laughing

@Alfred, although mourinho's football is evolving, Bielsa would make a great coach for us as well Very Happy

Do you guys think that the club will be as patient wth the next set of coaches if results dont come overnight? That's the biggest question imo. barca has been on such a great run of trophies that if you lose the league two years running to Real for ex, things might implode, yes?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:30 pm

I must mention the only reason i would want Xavi is because of the possible trolling that would go on Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:32 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Lol @ people suggesting Xavi, I would personally welcome that Laughing

@Alfred, although mourinho's football is evolving, Bielsa would make a great coach for us as well Very Happy

Do you guys think that the club will be as patient wth the next set of coaches if results dont come overnight? That's the biggest question imo. barca has been on such a great run of trophies that if you lose the league two years running to Real for ex, things might implode, yes?

What makes you think Xavi will not be good as a manager?

As for the imploding question, there will not. The great trophy run might (will) give us enough breathing space to settle down if Pep leaves. The worst that could happen is managers being changed every two years.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:06 pm

kiranr wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Lol @ people suggesting Xavi, I would personally welcome that Laughing

As for the imploding question, there will not. The great trophy run might (will) give us enough breathing space to settle down if Pep leaves. The worst that could happen is managers being changed every two years.

Well, you dont become a manager of one of the biggest club in the world overnight. Sure, it might be a nice fantasy to have, and maybe he will be able to do it someday, but it's going to take some time.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:27 pm

I would hire Bielsa, without much thought, but thats if he wants it. He might nor.

Other guys named are great in theory, but we dont know how it will all pan out in their future careers.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:16 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
kiranr wrote:

Well, you dont become a manager of one of the biggest club in the world overnight. Sure, it might be a nice fantasy to have, and maybe he will be able to do it someday, but it's going to take some time.

yeah, i agree with that Nick.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:06 pm

Xavi could well be Guardiola's next coach. He doesn't need 15 years to prepare. He will retire most likely in 3-4 seasons (most). Then he needs a year of studying for coach. The he should coach our B team. In 6-7 seasons he is ready. He could be Pep's successor if Pep keeps up his great job and doesn't get tired.

Another option no one has mentioned is Barça's former player Oscar Garcia. He is the current Barça youth Juvenil A team coach and assistant manager to Cruyff of Catalunya NT.

He had one of the best marks at the coach's exams and his career so far is bright. Juvenil A won everything last season and is winning almost every game this season too. Catalunya since Cruyff came back has won both games and played very well. His CV is short but there are signs he can be a very good manager, he should take care of B team instead of crappy Eusebio.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:45 pm

Laudrup...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Psycho Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:23 pm

Laudrup is not a sexy pick. Although he has ties here his managing career has honestly been piss poor. So far the only place he's had a winning percentage of over 50% has been in Denmark w/ Brondby.
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:36 pm

Sir_Psycho_Sexy91 wrote:Laudrup is not a sexy pick. Although he has ties here his managing career has honestly been piss poor. So far the only place he's had a winning percentage of over 50% has been in Denmark w/ Brondby.

Actually when he was at Getafe they played very good football, your only as good as your team ffs (except you are SAF). With the talent in Barca at his disposal I see somthing special happeneing. Imagine him coaching iniesta, although i9niesta will never be at his level it's a great thought. Either Laudrup or maradona for the lulz...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:41 pm

jibers wrote:
Sir_Psycho_Sexy91 wrote:Laudrup is not a sexy pick. Although he has ties here his managing career has honestly been piss poor. So far the only place he's had a winning percentage of over 50% has been in Denmark w/ Brondby.

Actually when he was at Getafe they played very good football, your only as good as your team ffs (except you are SAF). With the talent in Barca at his disposal I see somthing special happeneing. Imagine him coaching iniesta, although i9niesta will never be at his level it's a great thought. Either Laudrup or maradona for the lulz...

Laudrup was at most average with Getafe. At any Club he's been, he has not done better than previous/next coach.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:18 pm

Why not Johan himself?
Why cant he have a second stint?
He has had a long break.So once Pep leaves why cant the master take over from the disciple?

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next