BarrileteCosmico
S
CBarca
Winter is Coming
Katy Perry
30 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The belief that Guardiola is a WC coach needs to cease to exist Empty The belief that Guardiola is a WC coach needs to cease to exist

Post by Katy Perry Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:59 pm

If there's justice in this world, he should be sacked ASAP. He's doing way worse than Mancini and Pelle last years at City with hundreds of milion spent to reinforce the squad. He has no excuses anymore.
Or at least the circlejerk that he's WC needs to be dissipated.

What is his record in big games? He keeps getting run over by any good team and competent manager he's against, like Mourinho, RDM, Ancelotti, Coachessi, Simeone, Conte, Klopp. He's completely clueless if his team is not 100x times superior to his opposition and has to rely on him on the slightest.

His biggest achievement career-wise was winning the treble in a team that contained key players of the squad that just dominated Euro '08 ( rofl at people actually crediting him for Spain WC 10 win), the greatest player of all time in his peak and other superstars in their prime like Eto'o, Alves, Henry. And that was nearly a decade ago.

After that his career was costellated by his tactical caprices that ruined his team and forced them to underachieve. Unlike superior coaches like Conte, his drastic and innovative changes to the tactical structure of the team are not made for the benefit of the team, but instead to boost his ego.
Who cares if his hipsterisms increased the 20 points difference of Bayern and BVB of Jupp's last year to 21 points (after stealing their best players, of course) if he fell flat on his face in Europe every time.
Not to mention whatever tactical abortion is taking place at City right now.

Biggest fraud of the decade.

Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

The belief that Guardiola is a WC coach needs to cease to exist Empty Re: The belief that Guardiola is a WC coach needs to cease to exist

Post by Winter is Coming Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:05 pm

The belief that Guardiola is a WC coach needs to cease to exist -Wtf-did-I-just-read-meme-15069
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

The belief that Guardiola is a WC coach needs to cease to exist Empty Re: The belief that Guardiola is a WC coach needs to cease to exist

Post by CBarca Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:33 pm

Haha
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:41 pm

Oh look , someone took time and effort to write a solid constructive post and you have bunch of cretins from the Barca section completely burying it like as if Pep himself has installed a couple of bots on this forum

'Oh please please  don't boo our legend , you should cheer him, don't boo him'

Oh shut your mouth !!
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:44 pm

"After that his career was costellated by his tactical caprices that ruined his team and forced them to underachieve"

Man I wish I underachieved at life like Pep does at football...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:45 pm

Oh look, someone made a completely unnecessary thread to make a post that could have been put in the 30 page long Guardiola thread. At least this is a completely original thought though.

Wait. It's not. We've seen this thread several times before.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:51 pm

Guardiola IS a world class coach, the belief should not stop to exist.

But however good a coach you are, you dont go from coaching pique, busi, xaviniesta and messi, then robbery, muller, boateng, lham to kolarov, fernando, to whatever other scrub that plays for city, without feeling it.

The drop off in talent is too much, so obviously the result on the pitch and on the scoreline can't be the same. He is used to coaching teams that were far and above the most talented in the league, to now coaching a team whose talent is not only way below what he is used to, and on par with other teams in the league. Not to mention the mistake he made coaching this season as well.

So yeah, Pep is great, he is the best coach of talent in football, City just has fewer than he is accustomed to. That he would get his arse handed to him was predictable, it has happened before (losing 3x in CL semis with Buyern, we roflstomped them ffs :rolf:) and it will continue to happen.

Great is not perfect, 'member.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:08 pm

S wrote:Oh look , someone took time and effort to write a solid constructive post and you have bunch of cretins from the Barca section completely burying it like as if Pep himself has installed a couple of bots on this forum

'Oh please please  don't boo our legend , you should cheer him, don't boo him'

Oh shut your mouth !!

"Solid constructive post" rofl

Yes, call a man a fraud who holds 21 titles in a span of 7 years with 72% win rate thus far as a constructive post.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:30 pm

See this is what is wrong with you people.

Someone as talented as Katy Perry has busted his ass , made analysis after analysis and wrote a long well thought out essay. But what do you people do ? You boo him. You bury his excellent work. He's not good enough for you.

Oh yeah I suppose you would cheer that happy go lucky jabroni , CBarca. Or maybe Demon of Carthage with his fake saint like persona. Or better yet that Maniac who is jumping all over the place to see United solidify their EL position, who calls himself the GL champion.
 They are manipulative, egotistical, self-centered who suck up to the right people to get what they want. You know why you cheer these guys ? It's because you're all just like them. You see yourselves through them. Yeah, that's right. All of you are hypocrites and parasites  who just see your point of view and completely bury the other view if you don't like it.

I am going to support Katy Perry like my best friend and stand by his views and you can do absolutely nothing about it. And lastly, I am going to claim back what's mine and that is the GL Championship !!!

Last edited by S on Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:35 pm

You might have a point hmm
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:46 pm

There is no persuading Pep tards lol
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:55 pm

I respectfully disagree, Nick.

If you look up my posts on GL, you'll see that I defended Pep several times in the past. I did so because I thought he deserved it, and I thought he was a WC coach. I fell in love with his tactical acumen, perfectionism, careful, shrewd attention to detail and above all: class.

However now, and even though I still consider him to be WC, I believe he's got only himself to blame and he shouldn't be excused for not doing as well as his colleagues.

I think the fact that he had a massive warchest and an entire window to do his shopping should be taken into account when assessing his tenure at City. And while I believe it's still early to draw conclusions, I still think he should be blamed for not strengthening his squad properly.

It's true, he doesn't have a Messi at City, but neither does Conte or Klopp. The fact that those guys are doing slightly better, having spent much less should be proof that Guardiola can't complain about the massive drop in quality he's having with his current team, and for which he's entirely responsible btw.

Having said that, the competitiveness of the PL makes the league significantly less ruthless than La Liga where two losses in a row could cost you the league. Him, just like Mou, just like Poch, have got time to challenge for the title as long as the gap separating the teams at the top is this tight and condensed.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:05 pm

Some good points in the op, pep has no excuse most posters and fans in general treat this guy like he is on another level and moving players around is super innovative for some reason when he does it, yet outside of barca(messi) he has looked about as good as any decent-great manager, just happens to hog possession big whoop.

pelle and mancini would be doing better right now with the same players, no hipster bs, no spotlight seeking,etc.., just manage the team and call it a day, what's conte excuse for winning? Chelsea twice the talent he had at juve? Or is he capable of adapting to his players switching formation to get the most out of them? Man city are now a bunch of talentless hacks cause the great pep and his master class tactics amounts to sod all if the competition is more than 1 other good team to challenge you all season long Laughing.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:13 pm

Pep is world class but he has 2 big faults. The biggest one is that he is a fraud in the transfer market, and that he keeps messing with his own tactics too much without benefit.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:29 pm

I'd say his biggest fault outside of experimenting with tactics too much, is he doesn't know when to accept a draw lol.

I know why he experiments with tactics so much though, his biggest fear and the reason he signed Ibra as Barca is the fear of someone finding his team out due to not adapting enough.

Irony is he experiments too much that his worst fear has been realised due to over doing it.

Anyway i think WC coach thing isn't nonsense because he clearly is, if you want to say he's not the best then that's fair enough really based on the results at City.

But you would still be hard pressed to think of half a dozen coaches who are better.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:45 pm

I'm just glad that other people are seeing what ES and myself have been saying for years.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:50 pm

The belief that Guardiola is a WC coach needs to cease to exist Crying-man
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:15 am

Let's dispel with this fiction that Pep Guardiola knows what he's doing.

Spoiler:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:20 am

I double screenshotted just to be sure. :bow: FFS Shed's 9th post outside of the Chelsea section :bow: We're witnessing history :bow:
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:21 am

At least gimme his name so i can read up about him to know whether or not you're being sarcastic or not so i can proceed to give/not give you an upvote
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:23 am

ES wrote:At least gimme his name so i can read up about him to know whether or not you're being sarcastic or not so i can proceed to give/not give you an upvote

Laughing Rubio

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:22 am

Me waking up after New Year's Eve and remembering Liverpool beat City.

The belief that Guardiola is a WC coach needs to cease to exist Tenor

Logging into Goal Legacy like

The belief that Guardiola is a WC coach needs to cease to exist Mfw+i+get+green+thumbs+thanks+guys+gif+isnt_f083cf_3870629

Reading this thread.

The belief that Guardiola is a WC coach needs to cease to exist QONVIyz
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:04 am

Shed wrote:Let's dispel with this fiction that Pep Guardiola knows what he's doing.

Spoiler:

Little Marco rofl rofl rofl
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:37 am

Guardiola is a WC coach. He has to be given more time.

The only thing wrong with him is transfers. He should be given a transfer director or sports director. City should have gone for Mane over Sane. And Van Dijk over Stones. Both would be cheaper & better.

And ofcourse they could have & should bought Full-backs.

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:21 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:

I think the fact that he had a massive warchest and an entire window to do his shopping should be taken into account when assessing his tenure at City. And while I believe it's still early to draw conclusions, I still think he should be blamed for not strengthening his squad properly.

It's true, he doesn't have a Messi at City, but neither does Conte or Klopp. The fact that those guys are doing slightly better, having spent much less should be proof that Guardiola can't complain about the massive drop in quality he's having with his current team, and for which he's entirely responsible btw.

This.
People justifying him by putting the talent gap argument needs to realize this first. It shows nothing but sheer arrogance on his part to go into a season with a backline as the one they had got. Look at their full back options ffs.

They have Clichy and Sagna, two Arsenal rejects. Kolarov and Zalaletta, two old warhorses who have long lost their legs. None of these players would get anywhere near the first team of the Top6 in the PL right now. And yet this man somehow thinks he can win stuff with these absolute scrubs.
He ships off England's no.1 like its nothing and brings in a vastly inferior keeper who is repeatedly making mistakes ever since and yet the pos is so up his own azz to admit he has made a mistake (which I though admit would be a silly thing to do in the middle of a season).

The guy is a top manager, but the notion that he is a tier above everyone else needs to stop.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next