The Matip Effect

+21
Ion Creanga
Vlad the Impaler
Abramovich
Firenze
Kaladin
Arquitecto
Art Morte
Helmer
Unique
Sri
Kick
Cruijf
Hapless_Hans
Nishankly
El Gunner
RealGunner
Doc
CBarca
zigra
footyfan01
McAgger
25 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Matip Effect - Page 2 Empty Re: The Matip Effect

Post by McAgger Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:48 pm

Mostly due to Milner and Clyne, who are far away the top 2 offensive fullbacks in the league in terms of production and chance creation. I can't find the picture that was on MOTD a few weeks back but it's insane how much more offensive production they give than other fullbacks.

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Posts : 28318
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Matip Effect - Page 2 Empty Re: The Matip Effect

Post by Nishankly Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:16 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Mostly due to Milner and Clyne, who are far away the top 2 offensive fullbacks in the league in terms of production and chance creation. I can't find the picture that was on MOTD a few weeks back but it's insane how much more offensive production they give than other fullbacks.


I put a photo up during the start of the season 5 games in i think, Milner was 1st in most of the offensive as well as the defensive contributions. lol
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 21021
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

The Matip Effect - Page 2 Empty Re: The Matip Effect

Post by footyfan01 Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:37 pm

I liked what Milner did this season, pretty good! Clyne was always decent.

I also think Pool's 3 man midfield is adding a lot of defensive steel & shielding the defense well when they don't have Ozil type player to carry (in defensive duties I mean)

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Posts : 620
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

The Matip Effect - Page 2 Empty Re: The Matip Effect

Post by Art Morte Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:03 pm

Our defence this season is a mystery. We are not defensively that good; yet the stats show - as does watching the matches - that we are not allowing our opponents that many chances. The rare occasions when we've come under sustained pressure, we've looked defensively fragile. But we can go through games without ever coming under sustained pressure. It's a real conundrum for armchair analysts such as all of GL. We appear defensively good, yet the credit for that may lie completely elsewhere than our defenders. Makes for interesting observations at least as the season goes on.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18314
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

The Matip Effect - Page 2 Empty Re: The Matip Effect

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:31 pm

Art Morte wrote:Our defence this season is a mystery. We are not defensively that good; yet the stats show - as does watching the matches - that we are not allowing our opponents that many chances. The rare occasions when we've come under sustained pressure, we've looked defensively fragile. But we can go through games without ever coming under sustained pressure. It's a real conundrum for armchair analysts such as all of GL. We appear defensively good, yet the credit for that may lie completely elsewhere than our defenders. Makes for interesting observations at least as the season goes on.


It's called control.

I know it's a foreign concept for many PL pundits, but by actually controlling a game via team-tactical behaviour you can stifle your opponents attacks via team work all over the pitch.
One simple way is having possession, but there's nothing PL pundits understand less than the merits of possession Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 34047
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

The Matip Effect - Page 2 Empty Re: The Matip Effect

Post by Art Morte Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:38 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Our defence this season is a mystery. We are not defensively that good; yet the stats show - as does watching the matches - that we are not allowing our opponents that many chances. The rare occasions when we've come under sustained pressure, we've looked defensively fragile. But we can go through games without ever coming under sustained pressure. It's a real conundrum for armchair analysts such as all of GL. We appear defensively good, yet the credit for that may lie completely elsewhere than our defenders. Makes for interesting observations at least as the season goes on.


It's called control.

I know it's a foreign concept for many PL pundits, but by actually controlling a game via team-tactical behaviour you can stifle your opponents attacks via team work all over the pitch.
One simple way is having possession, but there's nothing PL pundits understand less than the merits of possession Laughing


I've read and understood your comment, but thinking about it, I think it's really the Matip effect, combined with the imminent-arrival-of-van-dijk effect.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18314
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

The Matip Effect - Page 2 Empty Re: The Matip Effect

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:39 pm

Probably.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 34047
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

The Matip Effect - Page 2 Empty Re: The Matip Effect

Post by Unique Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:48 pm

the reason Liverpool have been good at the back for the last run of games is because all the teams we have played in that run have put 10 men behind the ball. lets see how we defend when we start playing teams that attack us. but there is no doubt matip has made a big difference to us.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

The Matip Effect - Page 2 Empty Re: The Matip Effect

Post by McAgger Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:59 pm

Absolutely unbelievable.

Today proved he's the best CB in the league. Might just be the best player. What an impact.

Without him this team just falls apart. Klopp has done a lot of good things but the defense is all Matip.

Some of you idiots must be feeling silly right now for refusing to believe me.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28318
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 107

Back to top Go down

The Matip Effect - Page 2 Empty Re: The Matip Effect

Post by Arquitecto Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:02 pm

While normally I support McAgger's views as he is my long time ally as well, Matip while missed, this comes down to a classic case of confirmation bias.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12393
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Matip Effect - Page 2 Empty Re: The Matip Effect

Post by Kaladin Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:04 pm

James is right, can't believe some of the clowns here, remember when everyone fapped on Otamendi beginning of the season? These are the same people that rate Kos (and used to rate Djourou, i should add) and Spurs' trash backline
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 24585
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The Matip Effect - Page 2 Empty Re: The Matip Effect

Post by Kaladin Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:05 pm

Arquitescu wrote:While normally I support McAgger's views as he is my long time ally as well, Matip while missed, this comes down to a classic case of confirmation bias.


You know what?









































Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 24585
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The Matip Effect - Page 2 Empty Re: The Matip Effect

Post by Doc Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:12 pm

In these troubling times, I always ask myself what would RedO have to say.

Closest is RG but he is an Arsenal fan nowadays. Anyway, one match isn't really a real indicator but McAgger is starting to form a good argument. Watch this space.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 15965
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

The Matip Effect - Page 2 Empty Re: The Matip Effect

Post by Sri Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:12 pm

That dig at RG ffs

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 13950
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

The Matip Effect - Page 2 Empty Re: The Matip Effect

Post by Firenze Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:13 pm

I don't think it's that Matip is elite, but that the depth at CB is disgusting

Lucas rofl
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 34264
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

The Matip Effect - Page 2 Empty Re: The Matip Effect

Post by McAgger Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:16 pm

Arquitescu wrote:While normally I support McAgger's views as he is my long time ally as well, Matip while missed, this comes down to a classic case of confirmation bias.


Who are you?

Your opinion doesn't matter. New posters mean less than dirt to me.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28318
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 107

Back to top Go down

The Matip Effect - Page 2 Empty Re: The Matip Effect

Post by RealGunner Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:22 pm

Doc wrote:In these troubling times, I always ask myself what would RedO have to say.

Closest is RG but he is an Arsenal fan nowadays. Anyway, one match isn't really a real indicator but McAgger is starting to form a good argument. Watch this space.


Hi Doc

What do you want me to talk about?

Kind regards,
myself
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89513
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Matip Effect - Page 2 Empty Re: The Matip Effect

Post by Arquitecto Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:23 pm

Don't call me James wrote:
Arquitescu wrote:While normally I support McAgger's views as he is my long time ally as well, Matip while missed, this comes down to a classic case of confirmation bias.


Who are you?

Your opinion doesn't matter. New posters mean less than dirt to me.


Try that again, McAgger. Short memory.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12393
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Matip Effect - Page 2 Empty Re: The Matip Effect

Post by El Gunner Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:24 pm

Have you guys ever stopped to think that he might just be Liverpool's best CB and player, thus holding their defence together when he plays, and not entirely the best CB and player in the league?

Btw, for how long is he injured?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 22902
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

The Matip Effect - Page 2 Empty Re: The Matip Effect

Post by Doc Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:31 pm

I have but the inherent need to disagree with Hames is really strong. Also, just one match, we need more matches to really say whether or not he is as important as Hames is making him out to be.

Also.
Dear RG
Liverpool just blew a 3-1 to Bournmouth so they are in a crisis obviously. Arsenal is no longer need of your assistance, Liverpool does. Forget the ranger life and become the King you are meant to be. You're the captain now.

Regards,
The other Doc
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 15965
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

The Matip Effect - Page 2 Empty Re: The Matip Effect

Post by Sri Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:34 pm

lol

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 13950
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

The Matip Effect - Page 2 Empty Re: The Matip Effect

Post by RealGunner Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:40 pm

Doc wrote:
Also.
Dear RG
Liverpool just blew a 3-1 to Bournmouth so they are in a crisis obviously. Arsenal is no longer need of your assistance, Liverpool does. Forget the ranger life and become the King you are meant to be. You're the captain now.

Regards,
The other Doc


Dear Doc

Thanks for the reply. It was greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, due to the sensitive nature of this event, I may not be able to offer much of an assistance and therefore I will have to inform you that I have nothing to say. Nothing to say. I am sorry to say but I have nothing to say.

Hope I was able to assist you appropriately.

Kind regards,
Myself.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89513
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Matip Effect - Page 2 Empty Re: The Matip Effect

Post by Unique Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:04 pm

Reminds me of the time Liverpool were in a title race and were 3-0 up v palace.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

The Matip Effect - Page 2 Empty Re: The Matip Effect

Post by McAgger Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:45 pm

Doc wrote:Anyway, one match isn't really a real indicator but McAgger is starting to form a good argument.


It's not one match though.

With Matip - 11 games, conceded 9 goals - DWWWWDWWWDW

Without Matip - 3 games, conceded 9 goals - WLL
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28318
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 107

Back to top Go down

The Matip Effect - Page 2 Empty Re: The Matip Effect

Post by Abramovich Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:59 pm

Unique wrote:Reminds me of the time Liverpool were in a title race and were 3-0 up v palace.


You still are in the race.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli
Posts : 6544
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

The Matip Effect - Page 2 Empty Re: The Matip Effect

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:30 pm

bump 39
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 3779
Join date : 2012-04-11
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

The Matip Effect - Page 2 Empty Re: The Matip Effect

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum