Hillary back in it strong.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

US Presidential Race - Page 11 Empty Re: US Presidential Race

Post by rwo power Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:39 am

The Guardian followed the debate and added fact checks here:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2016/sep/26/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-presidential-debate-live
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:41 am

Hillary clearly won this debate for me.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:52 am

IMO Hilary won this debate for everyone with an attention span longer than for one or two buzz words. Problem is that she needs a little more time to explain things as she actually knows stuff, while Trump only spouts emotive buzzwords without any foundation that catch people who don't really think through things.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:06 am

Entire debate it was obvious Hillary came to try and win more supporters while Trump was there for character assassination.

He actually said we should be glad he forced Obama to prove his place of birth rofl rofl

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:07 am

Don't think Trump won over any undecided voters tonight.

His temperament line though Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:11 am

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:15 am

US Presidential Race - Page 11 CtVCnlSXEAA_YBO
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:18 am

Wish PM debates here in Canada were this entertaining. Laughing
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:19 am

@RG

This interruption thing was actually Hillary fighting with one arm bound behind her back as she was obviously advised not to interrupt too much as the public sees women interrupting men more disfavourable than the other way round.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:20 am

Entertaining?

I was bordering on insomnia and Trump's prattling made me fall asleep! FFS!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:24 am

Which reminds me - I actually should go to sleep now. It's 5:20am here... *sigh* Not really convinced this was worth staying up. I just hope the US people don't make the mistake to "accidentally" vote for Trump just because they dislike Hillary and thus abstain or vote third parties that make their votes disappear and strengthen the unspeakable one.

rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:30 am

I slept from 23:00 to 01:00, and dozed a few mins at the end of the debate. Now I am actually working Laughing

Gonna be a fun day with LOTS of coffee and energy drinks Proud

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:35 am

I stayed up for this?! I watched the debate since the beginning and the only question that kept popping in my mind was:"Is this seriously the best the US can offer?!"

I can't believe that these two are the final two candidates of the two major parties in the US. Neither one of them deserves to be elected president.

Having said that, I think Hillary won the debate tonight, although the word "debate" is too strong to describe such a sideshow circus of intellectually vacuous and factually incorrect statements.

If you're not a powerful orator, don't run for president.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:43 am

The amusing thing is, DoC, that Hillary 'won' this because she was pitted against that sorry excuse of a human being.

No rationale. No cognizance. No logic.

What was evident from the first moment when Trump started speaking was that he is completely deluded and has constructed and surrounded himself with his own alternate reality. He is so disconnected with fundamental elements of geopolitics and economics. And the unfortunate thing is, there is a sufficiently high number of people lacking basic knowledge who are taking the BS he is spewing as gospel truth against the established institutions.

I have never been a fan of Clintons. But today, I kept thinking she is would cause much lesser havoc globally. And in that, truly, lies her 'win' tonight.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:24 am

Why should we trust the established institutions?  

https://medium.com/@nntaleb/the-intellectual-yet-idiot-13211e2d0577#.ejek29f9y
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:53 am

The established institutions reek, not denying that.

But Trump as an alternative just seems a whole lot worse to me at the moment. It's just how I perceive the whole circus at the moment.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:59 am

Also, not sure how that link you shared is relevant. Is it directed at me?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:26 am

Basically, Hillary was just immorally using moral values to make Trump seem insensitive to real life struggles hence winning this debate inside the heads of average voters.

Watching this debate, would definitely vote for Trump.

Saying that, the elections are a hoax anyway and whoever wins is irrelevant as they will have a marginal degree of freedom. In that aspect, would vote for Trump again as he is likely to maintain a higher autonomy, while Hillary would just do as told and sold.

I would also vote for Trump because I want to see something change. Nothing drastic would ever happen with Clinton, she would just be an extremely average president only remembered because she had a vagina, and another president's penis inside of it.

That is if I would ever indulge myself in something as ridiculous as voting Laughing I promise you this, any intelligent man with a higher understanding of how the world keeps spinning will never be seen inside a voting booth, aside from an aesthetic perspective. Also because my green card to America still hasn't arrived in the mail FFS.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:45 am

"The concept of global warming was created by the Chinese in order to make US manufacturing non-competitive."

^This is the man you are supporting.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:57 am

Supporting? Laughing
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:13 am

We are absolutely screwed.

Hillary won, but that's not really saying much. She sat back and basically let Trump be Trump and it only took 15 minutes as well. The rest was just a complete circus. She herself was rather weak on the economy and came off as a major warhawk.

We deserve everything that comes with one of these morons becoming President.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:55 pm

Vibe wrote:Basically, Hillary was just immorally using moral values to make Trump seem insensitive to real life struggles hence winning this debate inside the heads of average voters.

When called out during the debate for not wanting to rent to African Americans his reply was

"Well they sued a lot of people....and we settled with no admission"

Nonchalantly. He was a racist slumlord, and paid without ever mentioning any wrongdoing to a lot of people he helped screw over. Trump is, quite frankly, the living embodiment of systemic racism at this point.

I can accept you voting for him since you live in another country and probably have never met, or cared, about an ethnic minority in America.

People over here need to know better though. If you have any friend, be them Latino,Black, Asian, or probably even Native american the elitist real estate barons like Trump have worked the system to keep them down.

I'll always love Trump for, effectively, killing this version of the republican party. That said he is a terrible terrible terrible man, and his reaction to that question summed it up for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:18 pm

Sri wrote:Also, not sure how that link you shared is relevant. Is it directed at me?

Aren't the policy making "goons" described, the same people who make up the established institutions you refer to?
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:11 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:
Vibe wrote:Basically, Hillary was just immorally using moral values to make Trump seem insensitive to real life struggles hence winning this debate inside the heads of average voters.

When called out during the debate for not wanting to rent to African Americans his reply was

Nonchalantly. He was a racist slumlord, and paid without ever mentioning any wrongdoing to a lot of people he helped screw over. Trump is, quite frankly, the living embodiment of systemic racism at this point.

I can accept you voting for him since you live in another country and probably have never met, or cared, about an ethnic minority in America.

People over here need to know better though. If you have any friend, be them Latino,Black, Asian, or probably even Native american the elitist real estate barons like Trump have worked the system to keep them down.

I'll always love Trump for, effectively, killing this version of the republican party. That said he is a terrible terrible terrible man, and his reaction to that question summed it up for me.

The only difference between Trump and Clinton is that she would have fed you the words you wanted to hear.

The white elite is, was, and will always be racist, and in control. Racism will never be solved in the US, no matter how hard they pretend they care. Thinking otherwise is equal to believing in Santa. No one is even trying, except for the ones being discriminated who have no choice.

No one is working the system, the system is working just as intended - for them to exploit it and for it to bear an illusion of order and control over them, while being the exact opposite and shifting power to their side.

I've never seen such a crowd of cattle like the American public, completely unaware of actual works taking place. They will swallow anything poured down their throats... Even though we live in a much shittier world, we're actually aware of what are they doing to us, even the lesser intelligent individuals. We are still equally powerless though...

My post was obviously semi-serious, I think clearly explained in the second part of the post I would never vote. I'm discussing for fun, and out of the two, I would vote for Trump. If I was stupid enough to vote, that is.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:46 pm

Vibe wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:

The only difference between Trump and Clinton is that she would have fed you the words you wanted to hear.

The white elite is, was, and will always be racist, and in control. Racism will never be solved in the US, no matter how hard they pretend they care. Thinking otherwise is equal to believing in Santa. No one is even trying, except for the ones being discriminated who have no choice.

No one is working the system, the system is working just as intended - for them to exploit it and for it to bear an illusion of order and control over them, while being the exact opposite and shifting power to their side.

I've never seen such a crowd of cattle like the American public, completely unaware of actual works taking place. They will swallow anything poured down their throats... Even though we live in a much shittier world, we're actually aware of what are they doing to us, even the lesser intelligent individuals. We are still equally powerless though...

My post was obviously semi-serious, I think clearly explained in the second part of the post I would never vote. I'm discussing for fun, and out of the two, I would vote for Trump. If I was stupid enough to vote, that is.

I don't care about solving racism. I care about a guy, who in the lifetime of my mother, was sued and paid for not renting to ethnic minorities in the largest city in this country, being nonchalant about it.

Hillary is only the same if you live in a place where you have never had to experience being turned away from a place to live based on the fact that your skin is darker. Trump is EVERYTHING that has ever been wrong with this country socially mashed into one privileged old man.

We can talk about Hillary being a flawed horrible candidate, but to say she is the same as Trump is categorically false. This was a lady who, from the time she got to law school, has fought against discrimination throughout this country. She isnt the same as a racist slumlord. Its intellectually dishonest to say that they are.

And Trump is DEFINITELY working the system when he gets on stage, and smugly proclaims that not paying federal taxes makes him smart. This is the guy who has had EVERY benefit in life giving to him by this country. You know how much I pay in Taxes every year? More than the average worker here earns in an entire year, and I'm nowhere near rich. For that trouble I get the average person thinking I'm an immigrant, had to score much higher to get into a comparable school as trump, and then have people like him try to trick the people I am subsidizing with my tax dollars blame all the social ills of the world on us "simply not winning anymore" as he Pals around on TV with people we use to think had credibility.

He is worse than Hillary in every way imaginable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next