Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

US Presidential Race - Page 7 Empty Re: US Presidential Race

Post by DuringTheWar Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:16 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:

You didn't investigate any of those links

Here ya go:

http://www.goallegacy.net/t38368p300-usa-gun-violence-thread#1635003

Quoted and analysed various portions of all the links, evaluated various sources cited by the articles ranging from the Yale Law Journal to the data tables of the U.S. sentencing commission.

FennecFox7 wrote:
You don't have enough time to investigate that many links, cool, we also don't have enough time to watch those stupid videos

This is the difference between us, I don't have time to assess over 100 articles - which I know no one else has done -, you don't have the attention span to watch a 13 minute video. Amazing.

DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:36 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
DuringTheWar wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:@DuringTheWar

LOL. Fox viewers understand the viewpoints of Liberals? FFS even YOU don't have a clue how liberals see things rofl

A >2000 participant study suggests that, yes. I'm also aware that people with emotional prejudices tend to react to reason and evidence that challenges them by intensifying their wrong beliefs. So your (and crackhead's) responses are not a surprise to me.

Blue Barrett wrote:
Since you're talking about Hillary's negatives, let me show you some of Trump's. Although, judging from your posts on this forum, you probably don't see a single thing wrong with any of these.

The last time you tried to substitute a barrage of links for an argument with me, I investigated all the links (which you obviously hadn't or barely read), and using the information given, utterly destroyed your opinion, to which you had no response.

But this time I don't have enough time to investigate >100 links.

What are you even talking about? Look, man, if you have nothing to say, just admit it.

NONE of those links are opinions. They're ALL Trump's words a.k.a out of his own mouth. But as I said, you probably don't see anything wrong with them.

Here's my point again, in case it went over your head: whatever negatives you think Hillary has, Trump quadruples that, and I'm even being kind.

So videos are your thing? Okay, let's play the lying game then.

Here's a bonus one:

This is a waste of time, honestly. It's like talking to a brick wall. Enjoy yourself.

This is basically how this thread has gone:

-Viva and hans talking about a breitbart bubble
-I come back with data that republicans are less likely to live in a media bubble.
-You come in with an argument that repubs believe lies because FOX news as if this means they are in a bubble.
-I show you Hilary lying incessantly
-You pile in with over a hundred links about Donald Trump

What are you even doing? This is the stupidest attempt to move the goal posts of an argument I've ever seen.
I take it for granted that every politician lies to some extent, such is the expediency of lies in politics, whether trump is an exception to that or not doesn't have anything to do with what this argument was originally about.

Sigh, but here goes, since you've taken the thread in this direction, there is plenty of data suggesting that the majority of trump voters are voting against Hilary rather than voting for trump because they think he's a paragon of honesty.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:55 am

We're all talking about bubbles (for lack of a better word) and when I talk about how Republicans watch mostly Fox News (who put them in their own bubble), you post something about Hillary's lies. Please tell me HOW exactly Hillary's lies are related to the "bubble" discussion. But I'M the one moving goal posts? My posts on Trump's lies and negatives were a direct reply to yours on Hillary's. YOU took it there, not me. Maybe you need to read and comprehend better.

And as for Trump's voters voting against Hillary rather than for Trump, a couple of things:
- Hillary has been consistently attacked by Republicans since 1992. They've been accustomed to hate Hillary for DECADES.
- Even those that don't hate Hillary are voting for Trump because there could be 3 to 4 Supreme Court seats open for the next President to fill within the next 4 years and if a Dem is elected, liberal judges will be placed in those seats and they don't want to see that happen. It's been majority conservative for as long as anyone remembers, this would be the first time it would shift liberal and it could well be 7-2 liberal by 2020. This is actually one of the most important reasons some moderate Republicans who hate Trump perhaps even more than Hillary are going to vote for him anyway.
- There are quite a number of Hillary voters voting against Trump rather than for Hillary as well. These are the two must unpopular presidential candidates in the history of this country. It's not exactly shocking that there are a lot of people voting lesser evil. I'm not exactly a Hillary fan myself. I voted for Bernie during the primaries.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:05 pm

I feel like there's a difference between being politically dishonest and outright lying.

Trump, given his massive support for the Democratic Party as late as a few years ago, has been very politically dishonest and that's while admitting that he has to be. Beyond that, he has been brutally honest about where he stands on just about everything and he's suffered for it, as he should. Clinton, on the other hand, and in addition to being clearly politically dishonest, has also flat out lied on several occasions about those missing e-mails.

Just my read on this.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:35 pm

My thoughts on Clinton are that one would not have made the career in U.S. politics like she has without ruffling some feathers on the way. If anything, that makes her more suitable to be the president, to be the leader, for you have to tell people to shut up and deal with it sometimes when the stakes are as high as they are in U.S. politics.

Trump has come out today - after some more high-level campaign posts shuffle - saying he apologizes for some remarks and trying to appeal to the blacks. His campaign just started to get embarrassing in despair, for everyone knows he doesn't mean what he says.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:51 pm

"I regret using the wrong words" isn't really an apology and isn't even directed to any of the groups he has insulted. It's a blanket half assed "apology". Basically doing the very least. Maybe he thinks people are stupid.

Also, I don't know who in his team got the bright idea that insulting/shaming all African Americans is a way to make them vote for him Laughing "you're poor, your schools are terrible, you're unemployed, what do you have to lose?". I don't even want to analyze that.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:55 pm

DuringTheWar wrote:
FennecFox7 wrote:

You didn't investigate any of those links

Here ya go:

http://www.goallegacy.net/t38368p300-usa-gun-violence-thread#1635003

Quoted and analysed various portions of all the links, evaluated various sources cited by the articles ranging from the Yale Law Journal to the data tables of the U.S. sentencing commission.

Oh this is what you were referring to earlier? Laughing Gee, I'm sorry I'm not always sitting on GL waiting to reply your posts, buddy Laughing I'm sorry for having a life. There have been times I haven't even had a chance to post on here for over a year. I wonder if there are other arguments I left unanswered and if the guys on the other end of it feel hurt by me not replying rofl Grow up.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:02 am

Trump really has been a train wreck.

I don't know if its coverage or what, but I can't believe he won my state in the Republican primary. I can't believe he will, probably, win my state in November.

Between this and Gawker going down from a vindictive billionaire it really doesnt feel like the country I grew up in anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:10 am

Blue Barret wrote:Please tell me HOW exactly Hilary's lies are related to the "bubbles" discussion. But I'M the one moving the goal posts?

I brought Mrs LiesHerFaceOffAllTheTime into the discussion in response to you claiming Fox watchers are more susceptible to Trump lying. Ergo, YOU, moved the goalposts.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:29 pm

DuringTheWar wrote:
Blue Barret wrote:Please tell me HOW exactly Hilary's lies are related to the "bubbles" discussion. But I'M the one moving the goal posts?

I brought Mrs LiesHerFaceOffAllTheTime into the discussion in response to you claiming Fox watchers are more susceptible to Trump lying. Ergo, YOU, moved the goalposts.

Last edited by FennecFox7 on Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:45 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:
DuringTheWar wrote:

Oh so it matters who said what first. You're like a kid. Probably some scrawny white kid who grew up around hatred [You know better than this] all his life.

Again, you can't say hillarys a liar when trump is just as bad or worse. Nope. Stfu
making friends again are we. rofl
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:25 pm

Keep it civil, guys.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:21 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:Trump really has been a train wreck.

I don't know if its coverage or what, but I can't believe he won my state in the Republican primary. I can't believe he will, probably, win my state in November.

Between this and Gawker going down from a vindictive billionaire it really doesnt feel like the country I grew up in anymore.

Getting rid of Manafort (though I'm sure that wasn't entirely up to him, given the allegations, but Trump knew that risk) and replacing him with Breitbart yes men Laughing

He has learned nothing so far. If I thought that he might go ahead and change I might believe that he could make a contest of it, but he hasn't changed a bit.

Classic case of your primary election strategies needing to stay as PRIMARY election strategies. The primary and general electorate are very different.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:57 am

Well Kellyanne Conway is supposed to try any even out the influence of Bannon. It looks to me like she will be the face of Trump's campaign clearly and he will be the voice behind the scenes, egging him into continuing to say inflammatory stuff. At some point, Conway and Bannon are going to butt heads. And then where does Trump go from there? Laughing
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:18 am

McLewis wrote:I feel like there's a difference between being politically dishonest and outright lying.

Trump, given his massive support for the Democratic Party as late as a few years ago, has been very politically dishonest and that's while admitting that he has to be. Beyond that, he has been brutally honest about where he stands on just about everything and he's suffered for it, as he should. Clinton, on the other hand, and in addition to being clearly politically dishonest, has also flat out lied on several occasions about those missing e-mails.

Just my read on this.

It's a decent point and it holds some water, but Trump has also outright lied on many occasions. The most immediate example that comes to mind is that stat about black homicide rates he tweeted that was completely fabricated.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:19 pm

Can't say I've ben following this, but is this standard news coverage in the US?

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:31 pm

No.

It is this cycle however. Trump literally said that the other day. The media has completely melted down this election because of Trump. Almost all normal rules of conduct and standards for journalism have gone out the window because it has been virtually impossible to keep up with the unprecedentedly stupid comments he makes on a daily basis.

VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:40 pm

DuringTheWar wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:
DuringTheWar wrote:

A >2000 participant study suggests that, yes. I'm also aware that people with emotional prejudices tend to react to reason and evidence that challenges them by intensifying their wrong beliefs. So your (and crackhead's) responses are not a surprise to me.

The last time you tried to substitute a barrage of links for an argument with me, I investigated all the links (which you obviously hadn't or barely read), and using the information given, utterly destroyed your opinion, to which you had no response.

But this time I don't have enough time to investigate >100 links.

What are you even talking about? Look, man, if you have nothing to say, just admit it.

NONE of those links are opinions. They're ALL Trump's words a.k.a out of his own mouth. But as I said, you probably don't see anything wrong with them.

Here's my point again, in case it went over your head: whatever negatives you think Hillary has, Trump quadruples that, and I'm even being kind.

So videos are your thing? Okay, let's play the lying game then.

Here's a bonus one:

This is a waste of time, honestly. It's like talking to a brick wall. Enjoy yourself.

This is basically how this thread has gone:

-Viva and hans talking about a breitbart bubble
-I come back with data that republicans are less likely to live in a media bubble.
-You come in with an argument that repubs believe lies because FOX news as if this means they are in a bubble.
-I show you Hilary lying incessantly
-You pile in with over a hundred links about Donald Trump

What are you even doing? This is the stupidest attempt to move the goal posts of an argument I've ever seen.
I take it for granted that every politician lies to some extent, such is the expediency of lies in politics, whether trump is an exception to that or not doesn't have anything to do with what this argument was originally about.

Sigh, but here goes, since you've taken the thread in this direction, there is plenty of data suggesting that the majority of trump voters are voting against Hilary rather than voting for trump because they think he's a paragon of honesty.

The majority of Trump voters are voting for him because they hate minorities, actually.

Being completely unapologetic in his racist rhetoric is what propelled him to the nomination. If this was about honesty, or just voting for someone to stand against Hillary they would have nominated Kasich, Walker or Jeb or something.

If they cared about honesty they wouldn't have nominated the guy who accused his political opponent's father of killing JFK after having breakfast with Lee Harvey Oswald. Or a guy who refuses to show his tax returns.. The only candidate since WWII that has refused to disclose his financial information. Or has been involved in hundreds of fraud and scam lawsuits. Or bankrupted multiple businesses.

If honesty is really the key issue here, Trump wouldn't have won. So your argument doesn't really hold water. It's about minorities and how much they hate Obama and believe he is a secret Kenyan Muslim terrorist who isn't really their President because of his name and skin color.

Yes, there is a liberal media bubble. And there are people who gloss over things like when Hillary uses legal technicalities and nonsense to defend herself in the email scandal or whatever

But trying to equate that bubble with the one that says that Global warming is a hoax invented by the Chinese, and that conversion therapy for gay people works is absolutely ridiculous.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:05 am

Crazy thing about this whole Clinton Foundation story is that we know about all of that because she released her tax returns. Imagine what we'd find if Trump released his tax returns Laughing

In other news, Trump is apparently planning to wing the debate. No prep. He really does think this is still the primaries. One-on-one with Hillary who's a seasoned debater and actually knows substance. She's going to embarrass him before the whole country.
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/08/trump-will-wing-debates-while-clinton-does-her-homework.html
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:37 am

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/09/04/this-photo-of-a-trans-dad-breastfeeding-his-son-tells-a-great-story-of-love-and-acceptance/

People in the comment section scared normal people will see the picture. The picture encapsulates what today's left/progressive politics are mainly about. (I.e. not economic)

Brexit happened largely due to culturally conservative left wing labour voters rejecting the domination of the culturally liberal politics of their supposed representatives. Let's hope the 20% of democrats who identify as conservative have had enough of this shit too.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:51 am

Phyllis Schlafly just died. These are always interesting moments to measure the temperature.
The level of putrefying bile spewing forth from the left atm is horrendous.
Truly disgusting people, and I'm supposed to believe they're "tolerant" Laughing
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:00 am

DuringTheWar wrote:http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/09/04/this-photo-of-a-trans-dad-breastfeeding-his-son-tells-a-great-story-of-love-and-acceptance/

People in the comment section scared normal people will see the picture. The picture encapsulates what today's left/progressive politics are mainly about. (I.e. not economic)

Brexit happened largely due to culturally conservative left wing labour voters rejecting the domination of the culturally liberal politics of their supposed representatives. Let's hope the 20% of democrats who identify as conservative have had enough of this shit too.

Posts a blatant hit job on the LGBT community. Continues to rant about how it's liberals who focus nothing on economics.

Perhaps if conservatives were not so obsessively desperate to trash minorities and LGBT at every possible opportunity social issues wouldn't be at the forefront of politics.

Maybe you could stop looking for reasons to hate certain groups of people and we could discuss other things? How about that?
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:12 am

DuringTheWar wrote:Phyllis Schlafly just died. These are always interesting moments to measure the temperature.
Truly disgusting people, and I'm supposed to believe they're "tolerant" Laughing

Do you acknowledge that the same comes from the right-wing?
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:51 am

McLewis wrote:
DuringTheWar wrote:Phyllis Schlafly just died. These are always interesting moments to measure the temperature.

The right-wing is not painted as tolerant, though. I mean, I don't even know who that Phyllis lass was, but my problem with some of the liberal left-wing people is that they're indeed painted as tolerant and compassionate... but they're really only that with people who agree with them.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:26 pm

VendettaRed07 wrote:
DuringTheWar wrote:http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/09/04/this-photo-of-a-trans-dad-breastfeeding-his-son-tells-a-great-story-of-love-and-acceptance/

Posts a blatant hit job on the LGBT community. Continues to rant about how it's liberals who focus nothing on economics.

Perhaps if conservatives were not so obsessively desperate to trash minorities and LGBT at every possible opportunity social issues wouldn't be at the forefront of politics.

Maybe you could stop looking for reasons to hate certain groups of people and we could discuss other things? How about that?

LGBT community is quite a broad category isn't it? Let's be honest and more specific, the "hit job" was on a "man" (by his own admission) having a newborn baby suck his hairy tit. Sorry, not a fan of grotesque child abuse. Maybe an aversion to the grotesque is an atavism, or maybe it's just common sense. Either way, you're obviously without it.

What a fantastic cause célèbra to have! Lmfao (puke)

Now what exactly does this have to do with lesbian women, gay men, or bisexuals, as groups of people?

The only group of people whom on a bad day I could feel "hate" for are liberals, and pedophiles, natural bedfellows. The likes of Edmund Leach, Roy Jenkins, John Mortimor and so forth, hate their ideas. If in any case that overlaps with any other group, you know, a gay liberal, a trans liberal, etc, it's a coincidence.

Bye!
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:45 pm

Art Morte wrote:
McLewis wrote:

The right-wing is not painted as tolerant, though. I mean, I don't even know who that Phyllis lass was, but my problem with some of the liberal left-wing people is that they're indeed painted as tolerant and compassionate... but they're really only that with people who agree with them.

The left are as intolerant as the right. Both sides pretending only they are tolerant while the other side isn't, is quite frankly childish and moronic.

As long as that continues, it will be difficult nigh on impossible for truly civil discourse that can institute grassroots change in order for my country to truly get better. I find it frustrating.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next