zizzle
CBarca
Blue Barrett
62 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

US Presidential Race - Page 10 Empty Re: US Presidential Race

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:02 am

Yeah I agree. It's unlikely to have much if an impact.

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:44 am

Didn't know millennials were into destroying the EPA hmm
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:05 pm

Neither is Johnson though

JH: You’ve talked about not monkeying with safety and other critical regulations. Where do you start when you talk about reducing the regulatory burden of businesses, and how do you avoid chipping away at things that, end of the day, really are necessary to protect safety and the environment?

GJ: All I have is to draw on my own examples. As governor of New Mexico, the biggest pollution issue was a plume of chemicals that had been dumped by General Electric there for decades because of their jet engine parts that they were producing in Albuquerque. At the end of the day, literally, someone kicked over a can of solvent that they had been using in their process. And every day they did that, for decades.

Well, General Electric said, we’re responsible for this. We’re responsible for this plume. The state, before I took office, had been engaged in a debate over how to clean this up. The state prescribing very specific, “Here’s how you have to clean it up, and here’s what it’s going to cost.” And General Electric going, “No it’s not going to cost that much. We can do it a different way. We can accomplish this cleanup different.” And they never came together. I took office and very simply [said], “GE, how about cleaning it up? It’s going to be measurable. The cleanup will be measurable. We don’t have to come to any terms whatsoever regarding how you do it. Just do it. If what you say is right, do it. It’ll prove itself. You’ll save the money that you’re saying you’ll save.” And all of a sudden, now cleanup started. So immediately we’ve got cleanup taking place. I hope that’s a good example of rules and regulations.

On the other hand in northern New Mexico, there was a Molycorp mine. There was metals contamination in the Red River. It had gone on for decades. And for decades politically it was being protected because of the jobs that were involved. I took office and I said, you’ve got to clean this up. You have to come to the table and you have to clean this up. They refused to come to the table. So my biggest club in the bag was, I am going to declare you a Superfund site. I’m going to hand you over to federal EPA unless you come to the table in 30 days and come up with a plan for fixing your metals contamination.

And they claimed that it was natural! It was ludicrous. It was a slap in the face. And they refused to come to the table. My phone is ringing off the hook, politically. It’s ringing off the hook. There were all these jobs. And my response was: “These people are bad actors and they have to be brought to the table.” Thirty days went by and they became a Superfund site. So there’s an example of the EPA and why the EPA should exist. And why government should exist to protect us against those who would do us harm. And in this case the Libertarian argument would be, as individuals we could have brought suit against polluters. We can bring suit individually. Well, in the case of Molycorp, you know what, they would have been able to withstand any individuals trying to bring that suit against them.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/editorials/la-ed-gary-johnson-libertarian-transcript-20160729-snap-story.html
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:07 pm

When is the US election happening so that this mess can stop?
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:45 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Spoiler:
If he makes the debates I can see Hillary losing the millennial vote

Lucky for Hillary that outside of 2008, Millenials don't vote.

Bernie Sanders revolution died when his voters didnt vote for him during spring break. They'd rather go get drunk in Mexico, and play pokemon go.
If this holds Trump is President. Obama whitewashed Romney & McCain when it comes to the millenial vote. In a 2 way race I even think 60% is a moderate benchmark for Democrats. Even 65-70% is quite possible.

TGary Johnson is doing well among millennials, but this well? And noways Trump is getting 26% of The millennials vote? I think a divisive candidate like him will struggle to cross the 20% mark. In the end Hillary should atleast get 45-50% atleast.

Democrats win on the back of young & minority votes. Trump will have a huge lead among whites & older voters so that margin has to be made up somewhere.

Need I remind you what happened in 2010 or 2014 when turnout was low & young people didn't vote - Republican whitewash!

It is worrying in the new poll Trump has opened up a 3% lead in Florida & a 5% lead in Ohio. If he holds all of Romney states & takes Ohio-Florida, then he will be only needing either Virginia or Pennsylvania to win the presidency.

Not only is Hillary a bad candidate, her campaign is also bad. She has completely forgotten her poll promises when Sanders has been participating in rallies against Dakota pipeline or against TPP. She has not said a single word about 15$ Minimum wage or healthcare etc. She is courting Jeb Bush's donors, flooding the airwaves with negative ads against Trumo with wall street money n is using Republicans in advertisements against Trump.

Such is the irony a Republican is coming up with a maternity leave plan while Hillary is not championing Progressive issues on the campaign trail.

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:01 pm

@BC did read that article but recalled it wrong Thumbs up
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:28 am

footyfan01 wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Spoiler:
If he makes the debates I can see Hillary losing the millennial vote

Lucky for Hillary that outside of 2008, Millenials don't vote.

Bernie Sanders revolution died when his voters didnt vote for him during spring break. They'd rather go get drunk in Mexico, and play pokemon go.
If this holds Trump is President. Obama whitewashed Romney & McCain when it comes to the millenial vote. In a 2 way race I even think 60% is a moderate benchmark for Democrats. Even 65-70% is quite possible.

TGary Johnson is doing well among millennials, but this well? And noways Trump is getting 26% of The millennials vote? I think a divisive candidate like him will struggle to cross the 20% mark. In the end Hillary should atleast get 45-50% atleast.

Democrats win on the back of young & minority votes. Trump will have a huge lead among whites & older voters so that margin has to be made up somewhere.

Need I remind you what happened in 2010 or 2014 when turnout was low & young people didn't vote - Republican whitewash!

It is worrying in the new poll Trump has opened up a 3% lead in Florida & a 5% lead in Ohio. If he holds all of Romney states & takes Ohio-Florida, then he will be only needing either Virginia or Pennsylvania to win the presidency.

Not only is Hillary a bad candidate, her campaign is also bad. She has completely forgotten her poll promises when Sanders has been participating in rallies against Dakota pipeline or against TPP. She has not said a single word about 15$ Minimum wage or healthcare etc. She is courting Jeb Bush's donors, flooding the airwaves with negative ads against Trumo with wall street money n is using Republicans in advertisements against Trump.

Such is the irony a Republican is coming up with a maternity leave plan while Hillary is not championing Progressive issues on the campaign trail.

Enough will come out to keep Trump out. He simply doesnt have the electoral numbers to win.

I expect Democrats to get absolutely slaughtered in 2018 though, but that was probably always going to happen.

She's sick right now though. I expect her to fix the problems you listed with her campaign around the time of the first debate.

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:33 am

Betty La Fea wrote:Enough will come out to keep Trump out. He simply doesnt have the electoral numbers to win.
I hope you are right. The result of the UK's Brexit vote was not expected either because not enough people chose to vote against it.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:46 am

Betty La Fea wrote:Enough will come out to keep Trump out. He simply doesnt have the electoral numbers to win.

I expect Democrats to get absolutely slaughtered in 2018 though, but that was probably always going to happen.

She's sick right now though. I expect her to fix the problems you listed with her campaign around the time of the first debate.
I dunno, this paints a rather bleak picture for Clinton - Trump cracks the Electoral College lock | Politico

Very worrying for Clinton that he's tied with her in Florida, beating her in Ohio and is competitive with her in Colorado, Nevada, Michigan and North Carolina among other battleground states. Iowa's important for the primaries, but not so much for the election itself, yet him beating her there is also a rather bad omen too.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:09 pm

US Presidential Race - Page 10 Uni10
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:05 pm

Long way to go yet, really.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:50 pm

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/440274/hillary-clinton-says-she-supports-nuclear-energy

#I'mWithHer

Hate her, love this.

Until she does a #Hillary and says in 6 months that she hates nuclear (:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:56 pm

Seeing how the DNC believes it is entitled to the milllenial votes f***ing infuriates me.

Maybe they should not have run a coronation for a candidate that was twice rejected by this age group?

#EarnOurVote

BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:17 am

Agreed. The entitlement of Hillary combined by the blatant favoritism from the DNC early on was just too much for me.

I'm a lot closer to Johnson than probably anyone else, his Aleppo gaff notwithstanding.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:37 am

The DNC in general rofl
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:56 am

CBarca wrote:http://www.nationalreview.com/article/440274/hillary-clinton-says-she-supports-nuclear-energy

#I'mWithHer

Hate her, love this.

Even from that article

"As a U.S. senator, she was an ardent opponent of corn ethanol. But in 2007, during her first run for the presidency, she switched her position and began praising ethanol, particularly during campaign stops in Iowa. She has also straddled the fence on nuclear. In 2007, she said nuclear “has to be part of our energy solution.” A few months later, she said she was “agnostic” about nuclear energy. Then, in early 2008, during a Democratic primary debate in Las Vegas, she touted her “energy plan that does not rely on nuclear power.” "

I don't believe a single word she says about issues like these.

Being against nuclear energy is ridiculous at this point. I hope she actually means it, but I don't buy it given her record.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:09 pm

Oh yeah I'm not being completely serious. I think it's great she seems to be making an actual decision here about nuclear, and it's pro-nuclear which is fantastic. BUT I'm going to wait until I see action on that (assuming she wins) to give her any praise for it.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:59 pm

US Presidential Race - Page 10 CtSVbZKWgAAowBM
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:38 pm

rincon wrote:
CBarca wrote:http://www.nationalreview.com/article/440274/hillary-clinton-says-she-supports-nuclear-energy

#I'mWithHer

Hate her, love this.

Even from that article

"As a U.S. senator, she was an ardent opponent of corn ethanol. But in 2007, during her first run for the presidency, she switched her position and began praising ethanol, particularly during campaign stops in Iowa. She has also straddled the fence on nuclear. In 2007, she said nuclear “has to be part of our energy solution.” A few months later, she said she was “agnostic” about nuclear energy. Then, in early 2008, during a Democratic primary debate in Las Vegas, she touted her “energy plan that does not rely on nuclear power.” "

Being against nuclear energy is ridiculous at this point. I hope she actually means it, but I don't buy it given her record.

You do understand that they change views to those of whoever is paying for their campaigns at the moment?
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:49 pm

Vibe wrote:
rincon wrote:

#I'mWithHer

Hate her, love this.

Even from that article

You do understand that they change views to those of whoever is paying for their campaigns at the moment?

Thats my point. I don't trust a single word she says until she actually takes action. She is bound to change like always.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:32 am

This debate best be worth it

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:41 am

Can't sleep. Up at 2am and waiting for this. Have a hectic day ahead at work, to look forward to, in a sleep deprived state.

FML (:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:54 am

YouTube plastered with Live Streams Laughing

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:36 am

What a terrible debate.

Hillary sounds so weak. She has good points but they are coming really shit because of her awful delivery. Trump is rattling her eventhough he is making no sense.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:41 am

Obama would destroy both of them 2 on 1
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin