Adit
The Galactico 10
futbol_bill
halamadrid2
sportsczy
37 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 20 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:10 pm

sportsczy wrote:Some details coming out on the Pogba to Man U transfer... he refused the personal terms that Real Madrid offered him.  We were willing to pay the transfer fee, but not he compensation package.  We were apparently quite arrogant in our discussions with Raiola and Pogba told Raiola to cut the cord when he was told about it.

Mourinho played a big part too...  he represented how he was going to be used with Man U and also explained the limitations he would would face with Ronaldo on his side of the pitch at Real Madrid.  Basically told him he could never completely develop in Real Madrid's environment.  Negative recruiting.

Finally, Zidane couldn't make the pitch he wanted to Pogba because Flo and Zidane are at odds over who to sign according to France Football.  Even after Pogba, Flo wants Sissoko while Zidane wants Matic.  

This is all according the French media.

Something about the bolded is fishy... Shouldn't it be the other way around? Raiola is a snake.

In any case, told ya sports. Some years ago I said we will never get pogba. I still feel the same as back then.
He strikes me more as a barca kind of guy anyways. and I doubt Barca would go after him now that he is at manutd. the fee they would demand would be astronomical after a few years...

Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 20 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:17 pm

I don't see the "Ronaldo stunting development" angle tbh.

They don't play the same position- just because Ronaldo may steal the headlines, doesn't mean you won't develop as a player, IMO it would help as a player.

If I've learned anything from football it's that you get better by playing with better players.  Pogba made the wrong move and could potentially hurt his career if the Mourinho project doesn't work out.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:37 pm

13 mil net and a percentage of his image rights (which currently estimates at 7 mil gross annually) is too much money to pass up.

Besides, Man U is now very talented. Their issue since SAF left has been the midfield. They just couldn't solve it. Now they have someone to anchor it.

I think Pogba wants to be "the man". Not interested in being a role player. I don't think Madrid treated him like a star player in our courting of him while Man U did. That's pretty much where we lost him.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:58 pm

sportsczy wrote:13 mil net and a percentage of his image rights (which currently estimates at 7 mil gross annually) is too much money to pass up.

Besides, Man U is now very talented.  Their issue since SAF left has been the midfield.  They just couldn't solve it.  Now they have someone to anchor it.

I think Pogba wants to be "the man".  Not interested in being a role player.  I don't think Madrid treated him like a star player in our courting of him while Man U did.  That's pretty much where we lost him.  

Did Madrid 'lose him'?

You said before Madrid said no to his personal terms (salary, rights, etc.). Seems to me the club weren't going to stretch for a player who is obviously overpriced.

Don't make it seem as though Madrid didn't want Pobga or didn't value him. The rhetoric suggests they did. Saying the club was arrogant in negotiations because they had a cut of point in terms of salary and player valuation is misguided.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudio84 Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:36 am

sportsczy wrote:13 mil net and a percentage of his image rights (which currently estimates at 7 mil gross annually) is too much money to pass up.

Besides, Man U is now very talented. Their issue since SAF left has been the midfield. They just couldn't solve it. Now they have someone to anchor it.

I think Pogba wants to be "the man". Not interested in being a role player. I don't think Madrid treated him like a star player in our courting of him while Man U did. That's pretty much where we lost him.

I don't think United has solved the Issue of midfield, Carrick is too old, Fellaini is a Joke, Schneiderlin it seems doesn't have Mou's Trust, Pogba in a double pivote would not shine as much as he did in Juve, certainly not with those guys, Kante would have been a great signing for them.

Claudio84
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:06 am

Cyborg wrote:

Besides, Man U is now very talented.  Their issue since SAF left has been the midfield.  They just couldn't solve it.  Now they have someone to anchor it.

I think Pogba wants to be "the man".  Not interested in being a role player.  I don't think Madrid treated him like a star player in our courting of him while Man U did.  That's pretty much where we lost him.  

Did Madrid 'lose him'?

You said before Madrid said no to his personal terms (salary, rights, etc.). Seems to me the club weren't going to stretch for a player who is obviously overpriced.

Don't make it seem as though Madrid didn't want Pobga or didn't value him. The rhetoric suggests they did. Saying the club was arrogant in negotiations because they had a cut of point in terms of salary and player valuation is misguided.

Just more typical Sports trolling! We didn't go for his taunted countryman, which Sports has campaigned so desperately for 3 years now, so he resorts to taking shots at Flo and management. Just one BS troll comment of corruption, overly political incompetence after another.

Despite that fact it was reported that club felt he was overpriced but might pay that if it weren't for salary demands (which would upset entire salary ladder) let alone the image rights demand. In other words what he is reporting is old news but he now presents it with his usual troll bullshit.

This guy has gone from a good knowledgeable french biased poster to one with an extreme french agenda who has continually made up these stories of corruption and incompetence. Are there any GL rules that prohibit trolling in your own club section?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:41 am

http://play.cadenaser.com/audio/1470182634_811760/

Apparently, around the 41 min mark, there's talk of a board member saying they don't know where the Sissoko rumours come from.

I don't speak Spanish (or anything even close), so someone who does will need to verify.

Last edited by Nivash on Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Insert link)

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:52 am

Its Zidane saying that he has a lot of players and that the squad is very difficult to improve, all in all being satisfied with his team.

Than someone (I don't know their voice) says that: (presumably the board) don't know where this Sissoko topic is coming from, don't where this Newcastle talk is coming from, and that they are not going to sign him, that they are much more alert about departures and loans than arrivals.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:48 pm

Thoughts on Weigl for the last CM/DM slot? A few German news outlets have linked us with him, I am personally a huge fan.
Crimson
Crimson
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:53 pm

Will Dortmund sell though? I doubt it. He's under contract until 2019. A year too soon before BVB feels compelled to sell him imo. I also think his value skyrockets after this season.

Great young player if we can get him.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:56 pm

sportsczy wrote:Will Dortmund sell though? I doubt it. He's under contract until 2019. A year too soon before BVB feels compelled to sell him imo. I also think his value skyrockets after this season.

Great young player if we can get him.

Dortmund will always be a selling club if the price is right, the question will be if Weigl even wants to leave.
Crimson
Crimson
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:59 pm

It would be a signing that makes sense. I take issue with not having a box to box in the squad, but that is not a deal breaker. Weigl is a completely different type of mediocentro than Casemiro, so just for the sake of competition and depth, and for his talent as well obviously, i would welcome him.

by the way, last year we were seriously linked with Kylian Mbappe as a potential castilla signing, after the year he just had, i am sure we regretted it.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:36 pm

Mbappe is a stud... Martial level talent. But as talented as he is, Amine Harit is really incredible. Bayern are already bidding on him to get him out of Nantes lol.

That U19 team was loaded. Aside from these two, you have Augustin, Michelin, Blas, Maouassa and Isso Diop. All these kids are massive talents. Of course, only 2-3... maybe 4 will make it. But the talent is all there.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:38 pm

Watch us sign Sissoko, Whitsel or Matuidi... that's my prediction Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:56 pm

Mbappe to be our Ronaldo replacement hmm
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:56 pm

He's 17... but with German, Falcao and others hurt at Monaco, he will hopefully get his chance. Several years away. Godly technique. You guys should watch him.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:35 pm

Marcos Llorente on loan to Alaves. Wise move, should get enough minutes.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:11 pm

Glad he stays in LaLiga. Hope he develops nicely like Diego Llorente. Only Mariano and Odegaard left to loan out
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:37 am

Zidane has apparently convinced Odegaard to go to Rennes on loan as opposed to West Ham and Leverkusen. Fantastic move. Christian Gourcuff is the new manager at Rennes and he is awesome. Best part is that Odegaard will play a ton... if he works hard. Gourcuff is very no nonsense so Odegaard can't mess around.

http://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football/real-madrid-rennes-en-pole-pour-recuperer-martin-odegaard-et-c-est-grace-a-zidane-1025684.html
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:24 am

Still a bit let down gourcuff left us. Was a fantastic coach
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:59 am

Alvaro Medran is a star in the making. Can't wait till we get him back in 2 seasons
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:10 am

We don't use a AM. Unless we decide to change tactics, not sure how we use Medran regardless of how good he is.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:41 am

Medran used to play CM or DLP for Castilla iirc
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:06 pm

Medran is a CM. He will replace Gomes in their team
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:25 pm

Rumors of Fabregas coming to Madrid.
That's just bs stuff right? I'm not sure if anyone else has seen this
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:40 pm

heard something like that but don't know how true that is. we already have too many players like fabregas though, and he hasn't played a defensive midfield role in ages, if he ever did. i've heard the whispers probably from the same outlets as you have, but don't know how true
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next