Adit
The Galactico 10
futbol_bill
halamadrid2
sportsczy
37 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 30 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by futbol_bill Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:35 pm

http://www.marca.com/futbol/real-madrid/2017/03/10/58c1afce268e3e3f148b4585.html

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/perez-wants-sevilla-chief-monchi-real-madrid-234525

Just found these articles re Monchi which means Marca and AS are also reporting this in addition to Canal Sur.

futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 30 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by sportsczy Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:13 pm

Sevilla runs a very very very different model to one Real Madrid would run. Monchi made his career on signing re-threads. Bought low and sold high... the goal wasn't really to win, but to be competitive and make money for the club. Winning a secondary benefit.

I don't really remember Monchi discovering a new and exciting WC talent... I may be wrong here though. If I were to hire a sporting director, I'd look for someone who had a great eye for young talent. Real Madrid sells itself in terms of signing established players and you don't need to be a brain surgeon to know who the WC players are out there (although we have a tendency to make things harder than they are).
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:12 pm

to be honest, i hardly care about this move. at the end of the day, players will play on the pitch, and the coach will coach. i get it, it may be good in terms of something stable long term. but i never get excited about who the sporting director, club physio, medical team (despite how often we change this, the usual suspects still get injured), club scouts are.....i just don't, cos i've hardly seen the direct influence.....remember we had arigo sacchi once lol

i only get moved if we're talking about players, coach or president, cos there's a direct influence
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:57 am

Meanwhile, Jorge Mendes still tryin to angle de gea to real Madrid.

Do we really need him? More importantly, can we even get him now that Mourinho is still at united?

Been reading supposed interest in courtois. Would rather have de gea than the abysmal courtois. I don't get how that punk is even rated. Not that de gea is any better (better yes but not by much), but he's Spanish at least.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:48 pm

sportsczy wrote:Sevilla runs a very very very different model to one Real Madrid would run. Monchi made his career on signing re-threads. Bought low and sold high... the goal wasn't really to win, but to be competitive and make money for the club. Winning a secondary benefit.

I don't really remember Monchi discovering a new and exciting WC talent... I may be wrong here though. If I were to hire a sporting director, I'd look for someone who had a great eye for young talent. Real Madrid sells itself in terms of signing established players and you don't need to be a brain surgeon to know who the WC players are out there (although we have a tendency to make things harder than they are).

Dani Alves

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:31 am

Nivash wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Sevilla runs a very very very different model to one Real Madrid would run. Monchi made his career on signing re-threads. Bought low and sold high... the goal wasn't really to win, but to be competitive and make money for the club. Winning a secondary benefit.

Dani Alves

Let's not get into technicalities.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:18 pm

As far as i can see we can always benefit from someone having a high football acumen to help in deciding who we sign or don't. It's not necessarily about finding the next Messi but just to help us in the decision making. We will always whiff on signing but we can always edge ourselves to make the right picks kinda like Bayern signing Douglas costa. So let's say we are looking for a LB and we have a choice between two players, Monchi could help in not signing another Danilo.

Beside if the idea is to install someone long term that will help run the football side of things it's not such a bad idea as we are most likely going into Perez last term. That being said the report on canal sur also mentions that Monchi wants full control of the squad and some heads will roll like Benzema, CR, Keylor, Nacho (who is not good at all) i had a laugh
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:46 pm

If that last part is true, we should sign him right away!!

@Nick, I understand your criticism of Nacho (and Lucas), but they are squad players and are quite versatile. You can't have elite players at every position (in reality without injuries, these two are quite away in the pecking order) due to elite players not happy if not a starter and meeting the various quotas we have.

Edit, don't know why I wrote Danilo rather than Lucas!!

Last edited by futbol_bill on Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:13 pm

I thought Nick was defending Nacho.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:20 pm

I reckon Navas' head is gonna roll regardless of whomever is in charge. Ronaldo or Benzema ain't going anywhere and it would be such a damn shame if Madrid rid themselves of Nacho. He is a proper utility defender, both footed and can actually defend.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:53 pm

Doc, I think you are right about everything except Benz.

I think the priorities are

replace Navas (likely De Gea)
Backup LB
Backup DM (likely Marcos Llorente)
Replacement for Pepe (ugh) - likely Varane is the starter and Vallejo as #3 and Nacho #4)
New CF, possibly 2
New Winger, possibly 2, depending what they decide to do re BBC (or front 3)
Possibly replace Danilo
Possibly replace Isco (ugh)

(and, (this one is all mine) - hire a tactical guru to mentor Zidane.).

I also would like them, maybe with the Isco replacement a new CM that can rotate with Kroos / Modric. While I think both Modric and Kroos are very good, they are too much the same and with Modric's advancing age, maybe they should rotate the two of them and have the new CM, that hopefully offers something different in terms of final 1/3, play regularly or Alternatively convince Isco to stay and rotate Modric / Kroos.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:48 pm

Isco and Pepe should really be a legit priority with this club. Isco's skill is undeniable and, I can be wrong, I think he'll legit blow up big once given proper first team football. As for Pepe, he is still a very good defender and those are very hard to come by. Long in the tooth but experience at this level is so crucial.

I hear you on the Benzema but I just don't see us selling him off. Ideally we should, about time the club to do a proper refresh but I don't see it realistically. He is liked by both Perez and Zidane.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:55 pm

Monchi wanting full control of the squad... Not sure if compatible with Flo. Flo was a fan of Carlo too. We saw how that worked out.

A sporting director should work with the coach, not overrule him.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:24 pm

In normal situations, the sporting director is in full control, althought the best of them take first of all the coaches desires / needs  into account. Keep in mind normally he also is in charge of the coach.

As to Flo, he has been gradually backing away ever since Mourinho came in. Last season, despite what Sports says, Zidane was in charge of transfers at least to the extent of what his needs / desires were. He may have been overruled re Pogba, but that was simply a case of a greatly overpriced midfielder that would have destroyed the salary ladder yet alone the budget issues.

As to Carlo he was a coach not a sporting director, that didn't win a trophy that year (his accountability) and it was primarily because he only played 12 players.

I have no issues with the dismissal of Pelli, Mourinho, Carlo, Benitez nor do I have any lasting concerns of the hiring of Pelli, Carlo nor Zidane. Hiring Mourinho I never liked and definitely giving him all that power was huge, but overall he did a good job to get the team refocused after years of mediocrity. Benitez was definitely a big problem.

And re Zidane, no I don't think he should be dismissed, mainly because I don't see anyone out there to replace him. I do however think that club should recognize not only what he brings to the table in man management (best we have had since Del Bosque), but also what areas he has to grow in, especially tactics. That's why I'm suggesting club brings in a tactical guru to mentor him.

Edit: I'm submitting Nick's name to Perez as that tactical guru to mentor Zidane!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:37 pm

Didn't Zidane want Kante last summer? Zidane got overruled and he ended up going to Chelsea.

You say this but if Zidane wins nothing this year, it won't matter whether Zidane will be overruled or not as he will be disposed of by Flo. Flo must have a scapegoat ready to be sacrificed should we fail to win any major titles. Someone has to take the fall. Flo will not put himself in crosshairs. Who could possibly take the hit other than Zidane?

Carlo was an excellent man manager too. We're talking about a president who actually considered Mourinho when Carlo was dismissed. Benitez wasn't the first choice to replace Carlo. You claim monchi would potentially have such authority but... How much will he actually be able to exercise under the shadow of Florentino? Real Madrid is only stable somewhat when we're winning. Many things can change abruptly when a season ends trophyless. Scorched Earth is a popular policy with real madrid when we don't win titles. Very strange that you don't consider this bill.

I do not get the idea that Flo is backing off. Winning cl last year meant Flo need not intervene. No reason to, cl is the biggest title after all. How we end up this season decides whether Flo steps in or leave things up to Zidane or potentially monchi.

Ultimately, we won't know for sure till monchi is signed. It will be very interesting for certain.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:26 pm

I sincerely hope Real Madrid was paying attention to this m'bappe kid. We need reinforcements upfront and this kid is showing the goods.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:01 pm

Florentino Perez:

Karim is a mix of Zidane and Ronaldo. He is the best no. 9 in the world. I'm convinced he will stay at Real Madrid. While we do not talk about renewals now, if it was up to me, I would keep Karim here during his whole sporting life."

Somebody put a knife through me now!!!!
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:27 pm

Just buy a new galactico u pos, that's what you do ffs Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:47 pm

Coentrao: "I'm in no condition to play for Real Madrid," Coentrao lamented. "I want to return to my best next season.

"I have a contract with Real Madrid until 2019, so if they continue to count on me, perfect - if not I'll choose my own path

Maybe returning to Portugal would help me recover the level of play I once had," he continued. "We should all admit our limitations at some point in our lives and I feel that right now this club demands a level of play I'm not at."

Dear me, this guy's attitude is appalling :facepalm:

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:53 pm

What exactly does he mean he is in "no condition" to play for Real Madrid? Is he sick, dying, having some mental or physical anguish that is keeping him from applying himself to do better? Is he implying that he is giving up? I don't wanna assume anything but I would. Fk him, that is really appalling at this point. Pretty sure he is still drawing a salary too. A nice one.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:38 pm

I thought he was an alcoholic hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:45 pm

Doc wrote:What exactly does he mean he is in "no condition" to play for Real Madrid? Is he sick, dying, having some mental or physical anguish that is keeping him from applying himself to do better? Is he implying that he is giving up? I don't wanna assume anything but I would. Fk him, that is really appalling at this point. Pretty sure he is still drawing a salary too. A nice one.

From what I read he wanted to be sold this summer, because he feels he's no longer got the ability. Not the condition.

If that's the thing, all the power to him. I want him to move on and hopefully play somewhere else and actually be healthy.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:45 pm

He's asking to leave while blaming himself and not the club for his failures while at Madrid... seems ok to me.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:35 pm

You know, it seems odd that Real Madrid would keep Coentrao for the sake of keeping. If he really wanted to leave, he and the club can easily just come to a mutual agreement to rescind his contract. Because he is saying and feeling all these emotions whilst still drawing a very generous salary.

Call me cynical but something seems odd about it. For both parties involved.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:42 pm

Nobody wanted him last summer as he was injured...  I don't think it was a question of desire by either party.  Now, he likely feels healthy enough to play... but not at the level to challenge Marcelo nor does he want to put in the work to mount such a challenge...  so he'd rather go somewhere else.  

The guy isn't professional.  That much is clear.  I even heard about his lazy training attitude for the brief months he was at Monaco.  He needs to go to a place where his talent alone will be enough... that certainly isn't Madrid or any other top club.  Likely somewhere in Portugal.

A shame really.  He had a lot of talent defensively... just a 10 cent brain. The best we looked as a club were the few months he started under Carlo and our defense was rock solid, which allowed the mids and the forwards to attack as a group as opposed to the mids being mindful of covering the left.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:46 pm

I think it started after the death of his father. That must have shaken it badly.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next