urbaNRoots
McAgger
Lucifer
Turok_TTZ
RealGunner
51 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Guardiola has failed Bayern Munich - Page 4 Empty Re: Guardiola has failed Bayern Munich

Post by farfan Thu May 05, 2016 12:06 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Alex I don't know if we can write off Simeone like that. He plays the way he plays because it's the most effective for the players he has. Could he try to play possession with his current squad? Perhaps, but why would he if this way works for him? That being said he seems like an extreme pragmatist and if given Barca's squad I very much doubt he would try to play 442 counter football.

Exactly .

And inversely , Does anyone actually believe that  Guardiola would do more  with that Atletico Squad ? Laughing
Simeone is literally getting the best possible results out of them  .

farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Guardiola has failed Bayern Munich - Page 4 Empty Re: Guardiola has failed Bayern Munich

Post by futbol Thu May 05, 2016 12:13 am

farfan wrote:
CBarca wrote:Alex just killed this thread

Someone lock it pls

I've always wanted Alex to occasionally ghost into the general section and speak his mind Proud

" Barça philsophy is the best ! "
" Guardiola is a genius   ! "
" Any idiot can park the bus, takes no tactical nous  !"

Some groundbreaking stuff here, and clearly something we never saw in this seciton from Barça fans . hmm

One of the most snobbish and worst posts I've read in my entire life on any forum about any topic. Not even exaggerating.

"Can Simeone get his team to play like Pep?" BITCH, please. Simeone got a random midtable La Liga team to 2 CL finals in 3 years. Do you know where Atletico were before Simeone? 2 places above Osasuna and 40 points below the top of the table and with more goals conceded than Deportivo in their relegation season. "Could Simeone play like Pep? Pep could play like Simeone, everyone can park the bus." FML Laughing Pep can't even get to a single CL final with unlimited ressources at Bayern or without Messi dribbling past an entire team or Iniesta scoring a 94th minute winner, Simeone does it with Torres as his main striker. Laughing

If I wasn't so lazy I'd dismantle that abomination of a post further but the truth is: I am too lazy now so this should suffice.

What Simeone is doing with Atletico is the coaching equivalent of Maradona at Napoli, if not better. Pep fanboys have no shame. "Could Simeone play like Pep, the Cruyffian way is the only way football is mean to be played." FML. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu May 05, 2016 12:18 am

Writing off Simeones work at 'Parking the bus' is just as bad as writing off Peps Barca as "Pass it sideways and backwards then give it to Messi"

The only correct way to play is the way that gets you trophies. Period.

Of course, being a sport and a form of entertainment you can't get away with absolutely horrendous football every single time because your consumer base will tune in to eastenders instead and you will lose money but barring the extreme, winning comes first.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu May 05, 2016 12:22 am

Wait, Alex can rightfully point out that Pep is multi-dimensional but at one point in time say Messi's passing is one dimensional? Right...

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu May 05, 2016 12:26 am

People acting like Simeone is basically Di Matteo.

He took a crappy team and brought them back to life. In his 5 seasons at Atletico no coach in the world has done better. He beat Madrid and Barca to the title in an extremely dominant era from them. Got to 2 CL finals and may win one.

In the meantime Pep got to no finals. Mourinho became irrelevant. Ancelotti won a CL. Allegri got a final. Luis Enrique got a CL. All got much more resources than Atletico yet haven't shined as much.

Simeone wins big and sustains it. He might even win the league this season if Barca slip up.

What in the world tells you that Simeone can never get his team to play in whatever way? He got dealt a worse hand and did better.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Messico Thu May 05, 2016 12:32 am

alexjanosik wrote:
If he wanted to, can Pep play the way a Simeone or a Mourinho plays? He could do so in his sleep. Any idiot worth his salt can park the bus and counter, which is why you see even the likes of Allardyce, Pulis, random EPL scrub manager pull it off. It is not rocket science.

lol what. This is actually terrible. You have to be a complete moron to believe that setting up the best defensive team in this century can be achieved by Allardyce, Pulis or any other scrub EPL manager, regardless of the difference in resources. (if anything the EPL teams probably outearn Atleti). It's not just put two banks of 4, one of the forwards covers the side the ball is on. - this statement is a fuking joke. Have you ever played football dude?

Honestly, these Pep/Cruyff fascists are the worst part of the Barca fanbase after the insane Messi fanboys.

El Messico
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 05, 2016 12:35 am

When you reach CL semis... and lose to the likes of Madrid, Barca and Atleti... you haven't failed. You haven't succeeded either. You've done the minimum for a club like Bayern imo.

Pep hasn't taken Bayern up. They were actually better the year before he took over.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Thu May 05, 2016 12:38 am

the coach that can change a team from its nickname pathetico to its actual name deserve high respect

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Thu May 05, 2016 12:42 am

El Messico wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:
If he wanted to, can Pep play the way a Simeone or a Mourinho plays? He could do so in his sleep. Any idiot worth his salt can park the bus and counter, which is why you see even the likes of Allardyce, Pulis, random EPL scrub manager pull it off. It is not rocket science.

lol what. This is actually terrible. You have to be a complete moron to believe that setting up the best defensive team in this century can be achieved by Allardyce, Pulis or any other scrub EPL manager, regardless of the difference in resources. (if anything the EPL teams probably outearn Atleti). It's not just put two banks of 4, one of the forwards covers the side the ball is on. - this statement is a fuking joke. Have you ever played football dude?

Honestly, these Pep/Cruyff fascists are the worst part of the Barca fanbase after the insane Messi fanboys.

to be fair to alex alexjanosik, its hard to setup a successful attacking team compare to the defensive one

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu May 05, 2016 12:47 am

Simeone with ressources would look like Heynckes' Bayern on roids. Just imagine a world class striker like Suarez instead of Torres upfront and a pacy, goalscoring winger like Robben/Neymar/Bale instead of Carrasco/Saul out wide in this current Atletico team with their usual defensive organization and pressing ability. Not asking for anything else, just 2 world class attackers of that ilk - they'd wipe the floor with everyone. Almost impossible to break down AND actual world class players upfront to make their counterattacks count? Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu May 05, 2016 12:49 am

futbol wrote:
farfan wrote:

Someone lock it pls

I've always wanted Alex to occasionally ghost into the general section and speak his mind Proud

Some groundbreaking stuff here, and clearly something we never saw in this seciton from Barça fans . hmm

One of the most snobbish and worst posts I've read in my entire life on any forum about any topic. Not even exaggerating.

"Can Simeone get his team to play like Pep?" BITCH, please. Simeone got a random midtable La Liga team to 2 CL finals in 3 years. Do you know where Atletico were before Simeone? 2 places above Osasuna and 40 points below the top of the table and with more goals conceded than Deportivo in their relegation season. "Could Simeone play like Pep? Pep could play like Simeone, everyone can park the bus." FML Laughing Pep can't even get to a single CL final with unlimited ressources at Bayern or without Messi dribbling past an entire team or Iniesta scoring a 94th minute winner, Simeone does it with Torres as his main striker. Laughing

If I wasn't so lazy I'd dismantle that abomination of a post further but the truth is: I am too lazy now so this should suffice.

What Simeone is doing with Atletico is the coaching equivalent of Maradona at Napoli, if not better. Pep fanboys have no shame. "Could Simeone play like Pep, the Cruyffian way is the only way football is mean to be played." FML. Laughing

I'm not sure how this suffices, you've literally not responded to any of his points. Unless lauding Simeone means that he could play like Pep, or because Pep hasn't gotten to the CL final with Bayern means that he can't play like Simeone. Neither of which are relationships that make any sense at all.

I do object to two parts of Alex's post admittedly:

1) Just because Simeone plays this way doesn't mean that we can say he hasn't the ability to play in a positive manner, like Pep or Cruyff. That being said, he clearly thinks this football is the best way considering Atletico has more than enough talent and/or money to play or get the players to play like a Pep/Cruyff team, yet he chooses to play this way. That's not a criticism of his football than me, I'm just saying clearly he thinks 4-4-2 defend deep and counter is the best way to play

2) Personally feel as if he's underrating Simeone. I agree that the tactics aren't complicated and what makes Atletico much better than everyone else who plays that way is the quality of the players and, well, we'll call it either being incredibly fit or doping. However certainly some credit goes to Simeone for exactly how good they are at it. Sam Allardyce could not do what Simeone is doing, I don't believe that.

That being said otherwise Alex is essentially 100% right
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by El Messico Thu May 05, 2016 12:52 am

guest_07 wrote:
El Messico wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:

to be fair to alex alexjanosik, its hard to setup a successful attacking team compare to the defensive one

Maybe, but so what? Just because Pep can create fantastic attacking teams doesn't mean he can create the same (historic) defensive organization that Atleti possesses. This is just a stupid leap in logic from "lol even the streetside shawarma dealer can park the bus and counter"

El Messico
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu May 05, 2016 1:24 am

CBarca wrote:

I'm not sure how this suffices, you've literally not responded to any of his points. Unless lauding Simeone means that he could play like Pep, or because Pep hasn't gotten to the CL final with Bayern means that he can't play like Simeone. Neither of which are relationships that make any sense at all.

1) Just because Simeone plays this way doesn't mean that we can say he hasn't the ability to play in a positive manner, like Pep or Cruyff. That being said, he clearly thinks this football is the best way considering Atletico has more than enough talent and/or money to play or get the players to play like a Pep/Cruyff team, yet he chooses to play this way. That's not a criticism of his football than me, I'm just saying clearly he thinks 4-4-2 defend deep and counter is the best way to play

2) Personally feel as if he's underrating Simeone. I agree that the tactics aren't complicated and what makes Atletico much better than everyone else who plays that way is the quality of the players and, well, we'll call it either being incredibly fit or doping. However certainly some credit goes to Simeone for exactly how good they are at it. Sam Allardyce could not do what Simeone is doing, I don't believe that.

The entire argument is a priori nonsense so there is nothing to respond to. What is that even supposed to mean: "Could coach x play like coach y?"? Yes, of course Simeone could play like Pep if his life depended on it and he had the players for it. Do you know why? Because there is no hidden formula in football. Everyone can SEE what's happening on the pitch and could theoretically copy other coaches' tactics. Simeone can play 4-3-3, push his backline to the middle circle, instruct his players to play it out of the back at all times, the fullbacks to split, the DM to drop between the CBs, the positioning of the players etc. etc. etc. Why the f would he not be able to do it if Barca does it for 20+ years no matter the coach and when Luis Enrique just won a treble with the same style? Laughing It's a matter of wanting to, not being able to. But every coach has his own ideas and beliefs so the question is totally pointless. If Simeone doesn't believe in extreme possession football it's hard to succeed with something you don't believe in. He succeeds with something else. But that doesn't mean he couldn't play attractive attacking football - not an exact Pep style copy, but better attacking football regardless - if he had a squad full of world class players.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu May 05, 2016 1:29 am

When Ancelotti played vs. Bayern with Madrid, they played the same style. Exact same approach. Ceeding possession, sitting back in 4-4-2 shape, counterattacking. Only difference was the quality of Real's attackers. Di Maria, Ronaldo, Bale and Benzema (and Ramos' dickhead) pose "slightly" more threat on the counter than Torres, Koke, Gabi and Saúl. I didn't hear anyone question Ancelotti's approach back then and whether he could play like Pep. In fact I remember a certain person hailing him as a coaching GOAT. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu May 05, 2016 4:37 am

alexjanosik wrote:How is Simeone multi dimensional and Guardiola not?
Guardiola is the most multi dimensional coach in the world and nobody comes even close.
To those claiming otherwise, I would just like a couple of questions answered.

If he wanted to, can Pep play the way a Simeone or a Mourinho plays? He could do so in his sleep. Any idiot worth his salt can park the bus and counter, which is why you see even the likes of Allardyce, Pulis, random EPL scrub manager pull it off.

Then why aren't they in the final of CL?

If it were that simple, as you so say, then why is Simione pulling off what the ones you mention cannot.

Terrible argument.

So you say Simione can't do what Pep does?

Of course not. Cause he's not Pep. Laughing Simione's not limited to just sitting at the back. Simione chooses when to go on offense.

A prominent example is what Atletico did to Pep's Barca in CL. Or did you perhaps miss the games when Atletico eliminated Chelsea the same season? Those are just 2 big examples of Simione switching his team to offense and he succeeded.

But it's OK. You can keep believing what you like. The examples are there and proof exists and was presented.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu May 05, 2016 4:47 pm

futbol wrote:
farfan wrote:

Someone lock it pls

I prefer the term Cruyffist or football fundamentalist rather than snob. Although if you consider me a snob, then so are some of our greatest legends.
The architect of our success, Cruyff, believed the same. So do Guardiola, Xavi etc.The club itself does so and has institutionalized the Cruyff way of playing throughout the club.

Where have I questioned Simeone's caliber as a coach or talked about results? Simeone is a top manager and one of the best around. He is a rich man's Mourinho. Unlike Mourinho, he is also generally likable and has proven that he can deliver long term success.

I didnt talk about results or about Simeone's managerial credentials. People have made ridiculous statements claiming that Guardiola is one dimensional and that Simeone is multi dimensional. I just asked for clarifications.

What are these so called dimensions in Simeone's game? I am genuinely curious to know.
What is so fundamentally groundbreaking about the way he plays? We see it every week in every league in the world employed successfully by mediocre managers. That is because it is rather simple to pull off. Any idiot can pull it off. We see the likes of Pulis, Pardew, Allardyce, random EPL scrub manager pull it off weekly. A dinosaur like Ranieri won the EPL playing the same way. We face a lot of teams in La Liga who PTB and counter. And we are lucky to win or draw in quite a lot of those games.
Someone mentioned Di Matteo. Thanks for proving my point. Di Matteo parked the bus on his way to a CL title.

Point being it is child's play to get a team to play the way Simeone plays. There is nothing multi dimensional about it. Load of absolute nonsense. The tactics themselves are Football 101.

Simeone is far more successful than other managers who employ the same because he has superior players and he is an excellent man manager and motivator. He is also excellent at squad building. In all probability, his team is also doped to the brim. There is no way in hell their team can play with such intensity week in week out without a drop in results. Even at the end of the season, their intensity level is off the charts and whats more astonishing is that the intensity doesnt drop even at the end of games. 33 year old Gabi looks like a freaking cross between a prime Usain Bolt and Haile Gebrselassie.

I have mentioned many teams who play the way Simeone does. Can anyone provide an example of one manager who plays the way Guardiola does? Has any team managed to put on the sort of dominant displays that his Bayern and Barca have done? We have LVG trying to implement a similar sort of style at United and looking like an idiot. Although in LVG's defense, he is probably the only manager around who can and has done what Guardiola has done. His legendary Ajax team were one of the inspirations for Guardiola.
Point being that it is incredibly difficult to play the way Guardiola plays and only a genius like Guardiola can pull it off with the level of success that he has achieved.
His is a far more multi dimensional game than Simeone's. Anyone arguing otherwise is either an idiot or a hipster.
Legends and stalwarts of the game past and present have hailed Pep's genius. The Madrid legend Zidane is an ardent fan and is shamelessly trying to follow in Pep's footsteps. And yet the hipster opinion is that Pep is a one dimensional fraud.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu May 05, 2016 4:52 pm

Lord Awesome wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:How is Simeone multi dimensional and Guardiola not?
Guardiola is the most multi dimensional coach in the world and nobody comes even close.
To those claiming otherwise, I would just like a couple of questions answered.

If he wanted to, can Pep play the way a Simeone or a Mourinho plays? He could do so in his sleep. Any idiot worth his salt can park the bus and counter, which is why you see even the likes of Allardyce, Pulis, random EPL scrub manager pull it off.

Then why aren't they in the final of CL?

If it were that simple, as you so say, then why is Simione pulling off what the ones you mention cannot.

Terrible argument.

So you say Simione can't do what Pep does?

Of course not. Cause he's not Pep. Laughing Simione's not limited to just sitting at the back. Simione chooses when to go on offense.

A prominent example is what Atletico did to Pep's Barca in CL. Or did you perhaps miss the games when Atletico eliminated Chelsea the same season? Those are just 2 big examples of Simione switching his team to offense and he succeeded.

But it's OK. You can keep believing what you like. The examples are there and proof exists and was presented.

Di Matteo won a CL parking the bus and playing the same way. Mourinho did too. Ranieri just won the EPL playing the same.
I have given reasons as to why Simeone is more successful. Management is more than just tactics. Simeone is a great man manager and motivator. I am just talking about the base tactics and the supposed multi dimensional play of Simeone.
You are not helping your argument here. Please elaborate on these supposed multi dimensional tactics of Simeone? What formation changes, what radical tactical switch in his play have you seen that leads you to say that he is multi dimensional? I would like a reasoned argument.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu May 05, 2016 4:55 pm

futbol wrote:
CBarca wrote:

The entire argument is a priori nonsense so there is nothing to respond to. What is that even supposed to mean: "Could coach x play like coach y?"? Yes, of course Simeone could play like Pep if his life depended on it and he had the players for it. Do you know why? Because there is no hidden formula in football. Everyone can SEE what's happening on the pitch and could theoretically copy other coaches' tactics. Simeone can play 4-3-3, push his backline to the middle circle, instruct his players to play it out of the back at all times, the fullbacks to split, the DM to drop between the CBs, the positioning of the players etc. etc. etc. Why the f would he not be able to do it if Barca does it for 20+ years no matter the coach and when Luis Enrique just won a treble with the same style? Laughing It's a matter of wanting to, not being able to. But every coach has his own ideas and beliefs so the question is totally pointless. If Simeone doesn't believe in extreme possession football it's hard to succeed with something you don't believe in. He succeeds with something else. But that doesn't mean he couldn't play attractive attacking football - not an exact Pep style copy, but better attacking football regardless - if he had a squad full of world class players.

Luis Enrique didnt with the same style.That is blatantly false.We have all had discussions on the vast disimilarities in style between the two so am not going to rehash them here.
Enrique's strategy was more similar to Simeone's than to Pep's last season.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu May 05, 2016 4:58 pm

El Messico wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:

Enlighten me on what is so tactically complex about the way Simeone plays. According to you, I am wrong and my analysis is wrong. Please elaborate. I am curious to hear about how he goes about setting up the best defensive team of the century.
What are the tactics and strategy?

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu May 05, 2016 4:59 pm

Agree with alexjanosik. Great posts Thumbs up
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu May 05, 2016 5:00 pm

Pep's genius ? Aragones had put the same system at work at Euro 08
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Thu May 05, 2016 6:37 pm

alexjanosik wrote:
El Messico wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:

Enlighten me on what is so tactically complex about the way Simeone plays. According to you, I am wrong and my analysis is wrong. Please elaborate. I am curious to hear about how he goes about setting up the best defensive team of the century.

That's a pretty hard question. If anyone here knows the correct in details answer would be a millionaire coaching in EPL or something.

The things that look simple are often the hardest to prove/explain. In maths for example there's a certain theorem that wasn't prove for 300 years or something and it's statement is very simple. And it was proved with superior algebra concepts in about a 100 pages proof.

You're superficial if you think how Atletico plays is simple, otherwise every club would just copy what Atletico does.
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu May 05, 2016 11:39 pm

alexjanosik wrote:

I have mentioned many teams who play the way Simeone does.

Really?

Then they must be bound for success.

Di Matteo managed a top team playing a style that suits him. No surprise there. Same as Pep.
Good but not great.

Zidane, so far, has done well but is in the same boat as the other 2. Success based more on squad composition.

Simione has done more or less the same as the mentioned above with a  lesser squad.
Klopp is up there as well.

You don't need to use "snobby" (as someone put it) Cruyff Fundamentalism here to figure out which was more "revolutionary", or whatever that word means to you.

Want more details? I suggest you follow Simione more closely. What better way to learn.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by El Messico Fri May 06, 2016 12:51 am

alexjanosik wrote:
El Messico wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:

Do I look like a CL calibre manager to you? Laughing why tf are you asking me

My comment is made through inferences and common sense. If a random forum poster like you can completely describe Simeone's (and Pep's) tactics, then by extension, are Pep and Simeone even worth their price tags? Why not just hire you and pay you 10$ a month? Maybe it's because you don't sell as many shirts.

Also, Mr. multi-dimensional Pep couldn't stop his team getting raped on the counter 3 semis in a row (arguably 4). On top of that, his first CL win was marred by one of the biggest refereeing farces I've ever seen (yes we get it Abidal shouldn't have been sent off either, but Chelsea had way worse decisions). His second CL win was excellent, yet he needed a wonder goal from arguably the best player in history to win an away knockout game for once.

Actually, I'll stop here because I don't want to shit on Pep just to provide a narrative.

El Messico
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri May 06, 2016 1:44 am

Luis Enrique's Barca plays more like Simeone? This is getting embarrassing now. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri May 06, 2016 2:03 am

Agreed with El Messico
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next