urbaNRoots
McAgger
Lucifer
Turok_TTZ
RealGunner
51 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Guardiola has failed Bayern Munich - Page 10 Empty Re: Guardiola has failed Bayern Munich

Post by futbol Tue May 10, 2016 3:51 pm

alexjanosik wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:@WIC & Alex, early knock out of Semi means them same thing. No trophy and you dont celebrate not winning a trophy. Maybe Pep can celebrate it on a personal level but as a fan that is nothing to be happy about. He isnt a failure and I dont think that was what RG meant. A failure would be someone winning nothing in the 3 years and that is clearly not true

It is not even about the squad, it is about the tactics he chose to use which answers your question Alex, if he doesnt progress with his team using the approach that he came up with then there is nothing to praise. For example would you praise his time at Barca if he made you play tiki taka and you won nothing in the years he was there?? At the end of the day it is only about winning and if you play nice football while at it then that is just a bonus. If you dont win anything then the football you came up with will quickly be forgotten

That is where we differ. I dont watch the game for the pleasure of winning. Nor do I support the team because we win. I support the team because we play the Cruyff way. Winning is secondary. As long as we play the Cruyff way and the players give their all, I am happy and satisfied. Cant ask for anything more. We played the best football that I have ever had the pleasure of watching under Pep. Gave me immeasurable joy. Winning was just the cherry on top. Even if we won nothing during those years, I would still call those years a success.
The masterclass against Arsenal at the Emirates still remains the nadir of footballing excellence. It is not humanely possible to play better. And yet, if we go by results, that match was a failure as we drew. I dont classify that game as a failure. I classify that game as a resounding success as Pep took us to unmatched highs that night.

That game was Xavi at his absolute peak with a young and mobile Messi + prime Alves against Cesc, Diaby, Alex Song, Clichy, Vermaelen etc. Men against boys.

The fact that Pep still managed to throw away a 2 goal lead is another proof of his 1-dimensionalness. Players logically can't press after 70 minutes the same way they can do in the first 45. So playing the same high line no matter what conditions is not very clever at all. A better team can play possession football but also utilize counterattacks when needed. Luis Enrique's Barca is superior tactically. We rekt Madrid with beautiful possession football and we rekt Bayern with great counterattacks. And if Enrique had a younger Alves, Abidal instead of Alba, a more hungry and mobile Messi like in his younger days, prime Xavi and squad depth like Yaya Touré and Keita, we'd be literally unstoppable under Enrique. We wouldn't go unbeaten 39 games but 99 games.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Guardiola has failed Bayern Munich - Page 10 Empty Re: Guardiola has failed Bayern Munich

Post by Curtinho Tue May 10, 2016 3:57 pm

I just find it weird. It seems like the only qualification of Pep's 'brilliance' is that he plays 'beautiful' football. People keep claiming that even in his losses that they massively outplayed their opponents (Atletico) but the players let him down. What?

For all the hate that Wenger gets as a manager for being 'inflexible' and 'stubborn' if you give him the teams that Pep has inherited and I imagine his results would look a little different. Hell, just give him Messi, not even the whole teams.

The crush people have on Pep is kind of strange to me. He's a very good manager, but no he's definitely not the clear-cut best in the world.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue May 10, 2016 4:09 pm

It's only beautiful when it gets results and you have the fitting once in a lifetime generation players to pull it off. No one, except maybe Barca fans, thought that Spain under del Bosque played "beautifully" - the exact same Pep system, just without Messi and Alves to provide the cutting edge.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue May 10, 2016 4:34 pm

Pep's CL performances don't cut it for 'the best in the world' status. In 2009 he needed a 90 minute Iniesta wonder-strike in the semifinals, while in 2011 he looked clueless before Pepe's elimination followed by the best player of all time taking the ball half-way line, dribbling our entire team and score.

PS: Leave aside his CL history at Buyern Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue May 10, 2016 4:53 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Pep's CL performances don't cut it for 'the best in the world' status.

2 finals (2 wins) on route to 7 semifinals. Terrible CL performances.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue May 10, 2016 4:57 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:Pep's CL performances don't cut it for 'the best in the world' status.

Madrid(tfu...) fans on this forum. rofl

Their sugar daddy has brainwashed /almost/ every person in the enviroment.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue May 10, 2016 5:01 pm

Marcus Aurelius wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:

Madrid(tfu...) fans on this forum. rofl

Their sugar daddy has brainwashed /almost/ every person in the enviroment.

It's just Valk, comparing him to some of the other respectable Madrid fans is a bit embarrasing. I'm sure even their embarrassed of him.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue May 10, 2016 5:03 pm

Yeah, I generalized too much. I rate Doc and Demon high (might have forgotten sb).

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10