Has any team ever gotten such an easy road to the CL final?

+49
BeautifulGame
Luca
Onyx
breva
Winter is Coming
VivaStPauli
Neutropin
futbol_bill
Thimmy
windkick
shadexticos
Mr Nick09
danyjr
dronte
halamadrid2
Valkyrja
Myesyats
Donuts
Lord Awesome
Based Bonera
Lex
Ion Creanga
Robespierre
Turok_TTZ
terrance511
zigra
CBarca
Curtinho
Socur Toxanarosa
sportsczy
matpol
Art Morte
Doc
Pedram
M99
BarcaLearning
chad4401
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
farfan
The Demon of Carthage
rincon
BarrileteCosmico
Adit
BORUSSIA!!
Lucifer
salmano9
Freeza
Cruijf
53 posters

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Has any team ever gotten such an easy road to the CL final?  - Page 4 Empty Re: Has any team ever gotten such an easy road to the CL final?

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:25 pm

I was just clarifying his post to you. It doesn't necessarily mean I agree with him Smile

But if you want my opinion, I think Barça was the undisputed best team in the world last season, and even with a fully fit Bayern they might've still gone through. But I acknowledge, however, the fact that a fully fit Bayern would've given you an even harder fight and the result could've been different.

The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Has any team ever gotten such an easy road to the CL final?  - Page 4 Empty Re: Has any team ever gotten such an easy road to the CL final?

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed May 04, 2016 9:55 pm

Turok_TTZ wrote:The question is wrong or worded wrongly.

There is no such thing as an easy road in the CL. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs a mental evaluation.

Now, if the question were worded like this: "Has any team (Real Madrid) ever gotten such a favourable road to a CL Final?"

That be a better question and to answer it, I don't think so in recent memory. But the competition this time around is lower quality but more competitive vs prior years. This current cl campaign was literally up for grabs even before barca's elimination. Nobody is in dominant, consisent form. Everyone including city has a legit chance for CL glory.

Easy? Piss off. Favourable? Absolutely. Madrid very fortunate this year. Hopefully my team takes full advantage of this great opportunity. Some days you face the mouth of the lion, other days you get covered in shit. Rare days you get favourable matchups. Life is amusing like that. You just gots to roll wif it.

Favourable? yes. Easy? only Man City was easy... bounce bounce bounce  Has any team ever gotten such an easy road to the CL final?  - Page 4 CDW5qgv
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu May 05, 2016 10:26 am

Shakhtar, Malmo and PSG in the groups..... Then: Roma, Wolsfburg, City

All of them basically Europa Leauge standard bar PSG
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu May 05, 2016 10:29 am

Barca fans in CL threads :facepalm:
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu May 05, 2016 10:32 am

I'm an Atletico supporter, bad eyesight prevents you from seeing my badge?!?!

Please tell me your Champions Leauge opponents were not Europa Leauge standard. Smile You can't cause you would lie.

Peace.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu May 05, 2016 10:34 am

If CL semifinalists Manchester City are Europa League standard what does that make quarter-finalists FC Mehcelona ? hmm
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu May 05, 2016 10:38 am

Marcus Aurelius wrote:I'm an Atletico supporter, bad eyesight prevents you from seeing my badge?!?!

Please tell me your Champions Leauge opponents were not Europa Leauge standard. Smile You can't cause you would lie.

Peace.

Come on now, everyone knows Linetty is a Barca fan.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu May 05, 2016 10:39 am

City are CL group stage level. Past that they're bitch bois.

Barcelona got in a slump just before facing the best team in the world. Shit happens.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu May 05, 2016 10:42 am

Barca have consistently been getting Arsenal and City nearly every single season. We had an easy draw but you always beat who is infront of you. Barca havent been able to beat Atleti in CL we knocked them out last season and won the final against them 2 seasons ago

What other team would have troubled us?? Barca/Bayern?? Their styles suit us. Juve?? Maybe. There arent any other teams out there that we would have struggled with

All this talk about easy draws when last time we got hard draws in every stage we made light work of every one of those teams

In fact it is these small clubs that we always have problem with because of how we undersestimate them. Wolfsburg this season, Schalke last. Conceding 5 goals against them combined compared to the 2 we conceded against all of Juve, Atleti and Bayern
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu May 05, 2016 10:42 am

Pedram wrote:
Marcus Aurelius wrote:I'm an Atletico supporter, bad eyesight prevents you from seeing my badge?!?!

Peace.

Come on now, everyone knows Linetty is a Barca fan.

Please, don't interrupt while adults are debating.

Just kidding, abit of banter in the morning is good for your health (proven by american scientists)
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Thu May 05, 2016 12:38 pm

People saying ManCity is on par with Madrid (pre-tie), or not an easy opponent :facepalm:

The ManCity which barely finishes fourth in a Premier League which was won by Leicester City Very Happy (probably the weakest season for a long time), also beaten back-to-back by a Juve, the Juve that pretty much lost all its matches in the beginning of the season rofl

The Roma that couldn't even overcome BATE, progresses with 6 points, fails miserably in CL every year when they get there , I'm not even going to elaborate their domestic season.

And Wolfsburg ... ok Very Happy

Honestly I could keep on going but to answer the thread title it's by far the easisest road in recent history.

But obviously, as others said, they eventually face the toughest opponents, so they can prove that they are worthy on finals / winning, then the road leading there loses its importance.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu May 05, 2016 1:01 pm

Your road was pretty damn easy last year too . Laughing

Juve fans would get super defensive when someone mentioned it .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu May 05, 2016 1:18 pm

farfan wrote:Your road was pretty damn easy last year too  . Laughing

Juve fans would get super defensive when someone  mentioned it .

I wouldn't call it "pretty easy", they got past Real Madrid after all.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu May 05, 2016 1:22 pm

Pedram wrote:

A Real madrid that suffered the worst mid-season collapse since their historic dip of form in the 2003-04 season ?
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu May 05, 2016 1:23 pm

Pedram wrote:

Real easy

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu May 05, 2016 2:49 pm

I don't care about the easy run, I just don't want the few children on this group coming out and claiming Zidane is the reincarnation of Miguel Muñoz once they win CL. His team has been absolutely dogshit.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 05, 2016 3:00 pm

It was an easy road, but for a team that won CL two years ago, is playing its 2nd final in 3 years and that played a 6th consecutive semi final, we have nothing to prove.

Heck, Bayern in our position would have found a way to make city look good and fumble that shit
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu May 05, 2016 3:15 pm

danyjr wrote:I don't care about the easy run, I just don't want the few children on this group coming out and claiming Zidane is the reincarnation of Miguel Muñoz once they win CL. His team has been absolutely dogshit.

By the few children, do you mean the one Frenchman who is older than most us? hmm
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu May 05, 2016 3:18 pm

Even if we win nobody is going to say that about Zidane. We all know he isnt the best tactician and is showing that you dont need to be the best to win games with significant ease when coaching the best teams. You just need to know how to manage them
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Thu May 05, 2016 7:22 pm

farfan wrote:Your road was pretty damn easy last year too . Laughing

Juve fans would get super defensive when someone mentioned it .

Yes it was fairly easy, until the semi-finals. But don't tell me RM is an easy opponent any time Very Happy

dronte
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Fri May 06, 2016 3:56 pm

Madrid fans dont go singing about how Zidane is the new Guardiola (not the one that lost three semi-finals though). Go through the madrid section of GL.

He is just learning the ropes and we have seen him mature in 4 months. He hardly repeats mistakes he made in past games.

He might not be an inventor and Genius like Guardiola (I repeat, not the one that lost three semi-finals), but he sure knows how to manage what he has in front of him.

With the rate at which he is growing, we expect him to be a decent coach. If he surpasses decent, then kudos to him.

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri May 06, 2016 4:06 pm

Can't hate on Madrid for the draw they got. Is what it is, every team needs some luck or something to go along with quality. They still had to do the work. It's happened to all UCL finalists in one way or another on the way to that final game.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri May 06, 2016 4:10 pm

Valkyrja wrote:If CL semifinalists Manchester City are Europa League standard what does that make quarter-finalists FC Mehcelona ? hmm

Makes us the defending treble champions. What stage a team gets knocked out doesn't make them less/more than other teams in other brackets. It's a matter of who gets drawn with who in what round. Funny how your blind hate for Barca makes you sound like a total jackass in all your posts. I hope you never stop posting here
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri May 06, 2016 5:45 pm

I agree it depends on who meets who not when they were knocked out. For example if Barca were knocked out by PSG then we could laugh at them but they were knocked out against Atleti who we cant even beat. So what stage they were knocked out does not really matter, what matters is who they were unfortunate to meet so early
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri May 06, 2016 8:27 pm

Doc wrote:
danyjr wrote:I don't care about the easy run, I just don't want the few children on this group coming out and claiming Zidane is the reincarnation of Miguel Muñoz once they win CL. His team has been absolutely dogshit.

By the few children, do you mean the one Frenchman who is older than most us? hmm

Yeah well taking over a team in complete disarray who was 7 pts behind in La Liga in early January... and was on pace for less than 80 pts for the season.  No training camp.  No mercato.  Most of the egos of the team being hurt.  Etc.

And has them in the CL final and 1 point behind the La Liga lead in May.  It's not like he changed systems and got the whole squad to buy in or anything.  Heck, that 4-6 week pseudo training camp he had to run early on because the guys were in poor shape was just routine.

What a crap manager... completely unworthy of praise.  Heck, 'arry Redknapp could have taken this team with it's 10 AMs, mentally deranged CB captain and prima dona superstar... and transformed them like that.

Teams been completely healthy too...  no injuries to speak of over the past 4.5 months.  Ramos, Pepe, Varane, Carvajal, Benz, Bale and Ronaldo being out multiple weeks was no big deal.

All the players have been and remain in wonderful form.  Danilo, Kroos, Isco, Marcelo and James especially with Ramos and Pepe not far behind.  Superb season by these guys. They've been carrying us.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri May 06, 2016 9:09 pm

I think danjyr was one of those guys who predicted zidane getting real Madrid relegated and now he can't live with the thought of Zidane with a CL trophy Laughing

Welcome to predicting about Real Madrid, you never know!!
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next