Would Wenger flop or succeed at the international level?

+16
Ali
Giovanni10
Kick
M99
free_cat
Lex
iNFINITY9910
kiranr
Raptorgunner
BeautifulGame
Jay29
Sushi Master
barca 2011
wigglesworth
Forza_Barca
Sir Psycho
20 posters

Go down

Would Wenger flop or succeed at the international level? Empty Would Wenger flop or succeed at the international level?

Post by Sir Psycho Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:12 am

I've always thought he'd make a great manager at the international level plus you don't have to buy players, it's just a simple call up

what do you think?
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Would Wenger flop or succeed at the international level? Empty Re: Would Wenger flop or succeed at the international level?

Post by Forza_Barca Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:34 am

Maybe for a youth team

Forza_Barca
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Would Wenger flop or succeed at the international level? Empty Re: Would Wenger flop or succeed at the international level?

Post by wigglesworth Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:36 am

flop
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:44 am

I think u may be making NT football sound easier than club. But he does have a good eye, so I can see why u wonder about it.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:04 am

Wenger circa 2004 or so... sure. Right now, he'd probably fill the team with youth players.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:09 am

I think he'd do well in friendlies and at the beginning of tournaments but when it comes to games that require good tactics and solid defences he'd probably fail. Tactically, Wenger just isn't that good.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:15 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:I think he'd do well in friendlies and at the beginning of tournaments but when it comes to games that require good tactics and solid defences he'd probably fail. Tactically, Wenger just isn't that good.

Well then perfect for England 🐰
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:07 am

I think he will beg great manger and the NT would play some of the best football there is and plus he can get the best player from the country and could bring up some big talent.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:10 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:I think he'd do well in friendlies and at the beginning of tournaments but when it comes to games that require good tactics and solid defences he'd probably fail. Tactically, Wenger just isn't that good.

But he could easily call up good defenders and DMs which he cannot in club football because they cost a bomb. His skills in building an attack is legendary anyway, so i actually think he would succeed.

Isn't this why he was so good with Arsenal in the beginning? He inherited a side with a great defense and he built up its attack.

Wenger should coach France. I am sure they will be favourites.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:42 am

I believe he has what it takes to do a decent job at NT level... lets not forget what he did with a strong team back in 2004
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:39 am

wigglesworth wrote:flop
I'd ask you to elaborate, but this is probably the best explanation we're going to get out of you
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:42 am

Flop. Wenger's main strength is transfer market, he is quite an average coach in everything else. There are no transfers in international teams.

free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:58 am

This, basically.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:03 pm

There isn't a national team with Arsen at the front of it so he would fail, As he can only manager teams with Arsen at the front. Cool

besides, what if Italy hired him? He can't bring in French players.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:08 pm

France tried to hire him a couple of times informally and he refused. He would be a great NT coach for France. Blanc runs the same system as Arsenal for the France NT.

The only possible problem is his full attacking style at the expense of defense at times. When France NT is successful, they are a rock defensively which is what is happening now.

Difference between Blanc and Wenger is that Blanc believes that you need to stop other teams from scoring first and then worry about scoring yourself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:14 pm

I could see Arsene as the Dutch national team coach, calling up and nurturing players from those top Dutch youth academies. Otherwise France for obvious reasons.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:32 pm

If Wenger inherits a side with true amazing attacking ability, most def. Because He gets the best out of players, so for example, if he got the best out of Benzema , Ribery , Nasri, Remy/Gignac, that would be a fantastic attack!
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:36 pm

Flop.

Poor mentality, Too much pressure, much much more than League cup finals.

Either his attitude is poor or its the players .. All of them having the same low level mentality can't be a coincidence.

But he is a very good coach and consistent coach.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:24 pm

Lex wrote:
wigglesworth wrote:flop
I'd ask you to elaborate, but this is probably the best explanation we're going to get out of you

1. To run a national team you need nerves of steel, you can't offer silly excuses after a loss and not expect the media to go on a rampage. You can't be a whiner when you coach a big national team.

2. A successful national team has to have a disciplined and tactically aware defense. Even Spain won the WC with 1-0 games and concentrated on not being scored on. Italy before in 2006 had only 2 goals scored against them throughout the tournament, and one was an own goal.

3. A big national team coach has to have a winning mentality. Wenger has only lost over the past several years, he has accomplished nothing.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:49 pm

Flope,because he wont spend a penny,oh wait.....

seriously,he would make a good coach and he will win most of his matches.But you know he is not that great at instantaneous tactics within a match which will always cost him important matches.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:57 pm

I am honestly unsure.

Part of the reason why I respect him despite his trophy-drought is because of his ability to build a team from nothing, scouting young talents, etc.

On a national team, you cannot scout or bring in anyone...obviously if he is from your nation then you can, but besides that, no.

That is what a lot of people forget to include...the fact that a NT is a lot harder to coach because you have a set list of players and a limited number of others to bring into the squad, so it takes a real tactician to do well with a NT.

JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:10 pm

its not that hes a bad tactician its just his philosophy that doesnt really work in todays world of consumers. i think he would do well at international football
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down