futbol
Robespierre
Art Morte
Hapless_Hans
RealGunner
33 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

People need to admit Chiellini is one of the best CBs of this generation Empty People need to admit Chiellini is one of the best CBs of this generation

Post by RealGunner Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:47 pm

People love hyping and rating the likes of Thiago Silva, Ramos, Kompany, Boateng Pique etc but Chiellini is arguably in the same category of WC defenders if not better than most of them. People seem to dislike him because of how aggressive he is or because of his antics. But his defending shouldn't be questioned. He has always proved to be Juve's rock at the back and has never given an embarassing performance unlike the likes of Silva, Ramos, Pique etc. Of course Chiellini has a habit of losing his head and getting red cards at times but no CB is perfect and he doesn't even have those moments that many times.

For me he is a top 5 CB. And people need to see how good he has been over the last 10 years and will go down as one of the best of this generation

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

People need to admit Chiellini is one of the best CBs of this generation Empty Re: People need to admit Chiellini is one of the best CBs of this generation

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:51 pm

Condense the headline into "People need to chill" and I agree
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

People need to admit Chiellini is one of the best CBs of this generation Empty Re: People need to admit Chiellini is one of the best CBs of this generation

Post by Art Morte Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:05 pm

Yeah, he deserves to have his name on that list.

That said, center-back is probably the most difficult position to judge. Top class forwards tend to get noticed even if their team plays like crap. But if you're a top class defender in a team that plays like crap, the chances you get noticed and purchased by a big team are far smaller. What I'm trying to say is that defenders that play for the big clubs - who dominate most games thanks to their midfielders and forwards - tend to have it easier than defenders playing for smaller clubs.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:08 pm

No, not even the best Juventus defender.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:08 pm

RealGunner wrote:People love hyping and rating the likes of Thiago Silva, Ramos, Kompany, Boateng Pique etc but Chiellini is arguably in the same category of WC defenders if not better than most of them. People seem to dislike him because of how aggressive he is or because of his antics. But his defending shouldn't be questioned. He has always proved to be Juve's rock at the back and has never given an embarassing performance unlike the likes of Silva, Ramos, Pique etc. Of course Chiellini has a habit of losing his head and getting red cards at times but no CB is perfect and he doesn't even have those moments that many times.

For me he is a top 5 CB. And people need to see how good he has been over the last 10 years and will go down as one of the best of this generation

He got outpaced by Fabregas playing false 9 in 2012. Will never forgive him that. Robbes can confirm. hmm

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:09 pm

Robespierre wrote:No, not even the best Juventus defender.

Exactly why i made this thread. :coffee:

Barzagli *may* have better defensive qualities but Cheillini overall is better than him
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:15 pm

Over the last five yrs, Barzagli has been the best and most consistent defender for Juventus.It's just puzzling to me why he isn't rated among the best defenders ever in his career really.Rarely makes any mistakes if not at all.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:16 pm

futbol wrote:
RealGunner wrote:People love hyping and rating the likes of Thiago Silva, Ramos, Kompany, Boateng Pique etc but Chiellini is arguably in the same category of WC defenders if not better than most of them. People seem to dislike him because of how aggressive he is or because of his antics. But his defending shouldn't be questioned. He has always proved to be Juve's rock at the back and has never given an embarassing performance unlike the likes of Silva, Ramos, Pique etc. Of course Chiellini has a habit of losing his head and getting red cards at times but no CB is perfect and he doesn't even have those moments that many times.

He got outpaced by Fabregas playing false 9 in 2012. Will never forgive him that. Robbes can confirm. hmm

Chiellini was carrying an injury at the time.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:18 pm

S wrote:.It's just puzzling to me why he isn't rated among the best defenders ever in his career really.

Because his biggest career achievement is winning Bundesliga and we all know people don't give credit for winning Bundesliga
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:19 pm

RealGunner wrote:

Barzagli *may* have better defensive qualities but Cheillini overall is better than him

Barzagli is definitely a better defender than him.

Chiellini is very good in a 3-5-2 system ,when he exploits his physical and he hides his limits on man marking , but if he plays CB on a 4 system defence , he  shows this limits and  can be harmful.  / Like Italy- Costa Rica 0-1 (: )
Infact I don't know if he can be really definied a CB.
Playing  in a 3-5-2 system in left is different.
In FIFA he is a legend though.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:20 pm

S wrote:Over the last five yrs, Barzagli has been the best and most consistent defender for Juventus.It's just puzzling to me why he isn't rated among the best defenders ever in his career really.Rarely makes any mistakes if not at all.

+99999
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:20 pm

Robespierre wrote:

Is that so?

Then we have a solution to the mystery of this thread Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:21 pm

RealGunner wrote:

Would agree.Chiellini is more 'talented' than him if you could say that but Barzagli is the epitome of consistency.

A bit similar to the Lucio-Samuel comparison.I would take Samuel over him all day.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:21 pm

1) People hate him because he's was an absolute c*ntbag who used to cheat and do Diego Costa-like stuff, though he toned that down in recent years

2) He's had plenty embarassing performances this season, heck the last one i've seen was Italy v Belgium, Batshuayi ran circles around him lol

3) Said this before, but it says a lot about the current crop of defenders that Chiellini is considered a top 5, rather the other way around
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:24 pm

I was about to make similar thread about Bonucci, underrated defender.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:25 pm

Think Barzagli isn't mentioned a lot because of how quiet he usually is. There is literally never a story about him. He doesn't get mentioned anywhere even if he is putting in a 10/10 performance every week. You will hear about Pepe being a madman, Ramos scoring a winning header, Pique being a clown, Koscielny getting a red card etc but Barzagli just does his job and goes home. Great great defender, mind you.

But I still say Chiellini overall is better than him.

Robespierre wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

Barzagli is definitely a better defender than him.

Chiellini is very good in a 3-5-2 system ,when he exploits his physical and he hides his limits on man marking , but if he plays CB on a 4 system defence , he  shows this limits and  can be harmful.  / Like Italy- Costa Rica 0-1 (: )
Infact I don't know if he can be really definied a CB.
Playing  in a 3-5-2 system in left is different.

That might be true with Italy, but does he really show that much of a limitation with Juve in a 4-4-2 for example? Could just be a national team thing.

Agreed on FIFA bit.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:25 pm

S wrote:Over the last five yrs, Barzagli has been the best and most consistent defender for Juventus.It's just puzzling to me why he isn't rated among the best defenders ever in his career really.Rarely makes any mistakes if not at all.

He wasn't so before of Juve, I remind him in Palermo years, he was good but you didn't think worthy of a big team . Infact he was signed as free agent from Juve under general indifference. Not even Juve fans rated him at that time.
I remind he played against Ukraina at quarter finals 2006 because Materazzi got a red card against Australia and some were worried for it.. Barzagli who ? Yet he played a great match with no mistakes.
For the rest in Juve years he was fantastic though.
Baically he had a weird career , probably matured late.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:26 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Robespierre wrote:

Is that so?

Then we have a solution to the mystery of this thread Laughing

Haven't played fifa in months :coffee:

Was amazing on fifa15. Won a cup with Juve and he dominated Ibra in the final like a boss

S wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

Would agree.Chiellini is more 'talented' than him if you could say that but Barzagli is the epitome of consistency.

A bit similar to the Lucio-Samuel comparison.I would take Samuel over him all day.

Can't disagree with that at all.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:29 pm

at his best he is easily top 3 best CB and among the greatest ever, but his best days are not that many, still a world class CB, but i feel safe knowing Barzagli is at the back than when Chiello and Bon Bon are both there..
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:32 pm

DeviAngel wrote:I was about to make similar thread about Bonucci, underrated defender.

Are all underrated the Juve players ?
Or maybe they are just rated like are they really?
I mean , noone says Juve is scrub team lol . I don't get why Juve fans feel ringed as if they players don't get a sort of respect
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:33 pm

elm_baraja_shaman wrote:at his best he is easily top 3 best CB and among the greatest ever, but his best days are not that many, still a world class CB, but i feel safe knowing Barzagli is at the back than when Chiello and Bon Bon are both there..

ProudProudProud

Not even in top Italy 15 defenders ever imo

Last edited by Robespierre on Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:34 pm

Robespierre wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:I was about to make similar thread about Bonucci, underrated defender.

I mean , noone says Juve is scrub team lol . I don't get why Juve fans feel ringed as if they players don't get a  sort  of respect

Oh Robes always jumping on the gun when Juve or Juve player is the topic. I didnt't say he is the best but yes he is underrated. Funny how when Inter got a little better Interisti started doing this Smile

He is miles better than Ramos for example, plus his ball playing abilities are great which is rare for a defender.

Plus this was thread for a Juve player, mentioning Juve another Juve player instead of Chiellini in a Juve player thread is logical thing isn't it?
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:36 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
Robespierre wrote:

I mean , noone says Juve is scrub team lol . I don't get why Juve fans feel ringed as if they players don't get a  sort  of respect

Oh Robes always jumping on the gun when Juve or Juve player is the topic. I didnt't say he is the best but yes he is underrated. Funny how when Inter got a little better Interisti started doing this Smile

He is miles better than Ramos for example, plus his ball playing abilities are great which is rare for a defender.

At 0:35 AM there is this and the WWE Official Thread. And I don't like wrestling.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Robespierre on Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:37 pm

Robespierre wrote:
elm_baraja_shaman wrote:at his best he is easily top 3 best CB and among the greatest ever, but his best days are not that many, still a world class CB, but i feel safe knowing Barzagli is at the back than when Chiello and Bon Bon are both there..

ProudProudProud

Not even in top Italy 15 defenders ever  imo

how did the lasagna taste this morning? Proud

Last edited by elm_baraja_shaman on Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:37 pm

Robespierre wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:
Robespierre wrote:

At 0:35 AM there is this and the Wrestling. And I don't like wrestling.

Spoiler:

Same here and I am sick ffs. 0:35 this or drinking medication and lying ....

Same as Benzema is good DM ? Smile

Last edited by DeviAngel on Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next