McAgger
futbol
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Doc
RealGunner
104 posters

Page 9 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 32  Next

Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo: "I'm the best player in the world. I am a legend" - Page 9 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: "I'm the best player in the world. I am a legend"

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:18 pm

jibers wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:
The Franchise wrote:If I have an obsession with hating Madrid, no problem.

Your obsession is understandable since like most of the current Barca players you grew up watching your team in mediocrity, with us kicking your ass at any occasion.

In my time maybe but anyone under 30 never saw Barcelona really suffer. I watched La Quinta del Buitre steam roll La LIga Laughing

The 90s onwards has been Barcelonas era.

I can remember (not that vividly as I wasn't following as much football outside of BuLi then as today) that Barca in the 90s was nowhere near as dominant as in the last decade, especially not in Europe.

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo: "I'm the best player in the world. I am a legend" - Page 9 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: "I'm the best player in the world. I am a legend"

Post by jibers Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:29 pm

La Liga. They won 6 Ligas from 90-00 IRRC. I agree it was only under Pep they became more consistent as a European force. The club has always had some victim mentality tbh. They've had all the best players throughout history and they still managed to always play victims. The biggest thing Pep did at that club was taking away that mentality and adding one of superiority. My Madrid friend (actual Madrid fan from Madrid) calls them a bunch of village idiots Laughing
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:36 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
jibers wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

Your obsession is understandable since like most of the current Barca players you grew up watching your team in mediocrity, with us kicking your ass at any occasion.

In my time maybe but anyone under 30 never saw Barcelona really suffer. I watched La Quinta del Buitre steam roll La LIga Laughing

I can remember (not that vividly as I wasn't following as much football outside of BuLi then as today) that Barca in the 90s was nowhere near as dominant as in the last decade, especially not in Europe.
Barca won 6 Leagues to Real's 2, both won CL, but Barca won 3 minor international tournaments to Real's one.

90's

Barcelona - Real Madrid
6 - 2 Leagues
1 - 1 CL
2 - 1 Cups
8 - 4 Minor
17 - 8 Trophies
4 - 0 Ballon d'Or/ FWPOTY winners

I think that classifies as domination.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:41 pm

jibes my catalan friends always say Madrid people envy the richness (in cultural and financial sense) of Catalonia. And you can really see that (the difference in cultural richness in particular) if you visited both cities.

Also, do not forget the Franko era was not that kind towards the liberties and rights of Catalans, and they were treated as a third level citizens. Camp Nou is the only place where they could shout out loud in Catalan and no go to prison. So the victim mentality is a product of previous Spanish politic much more than sport thing. But, if you have never been victimized or be on the receiving end of nationalism/racism you may have trouble to understand what I am saying.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:45 pm

Have to say the Cruyff team was before European football really was anywhere near my radar, late 90s however it seemed to me Real was more prominent in Europe.
Maybe it's only because we kept playing against them, and rarely against Barca.
Barca was the club that played attractive football, but rarely won in Europe. Basically like Arsenal today.

At any point, my impression proves if Barca was 'dominating' then too, this evaded the less informed European fan like me back then. Not comparaable to today at all.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:49 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Have to say the Cruyff team was before European football really was anywhere near my radar, late 90s however it seemed to me Real was more prominent in Europe.
Maybe it's only because we kept playing against them, and rarely against Barca.
Barca was the club that played attractive football, but rarely won in Europe. Basically like Arsenal today.

Well yeah because late 90s early 00's Madrid won 3 CL's in space of 6 years. And was really dominant alongside Bayern and United. The 3 teams kept knocking each other out to get win Europe because no one else could beat those 3.

1999- United knocked out Bayern. Madrid chocked
2000- Madrid knocked out both United and Bayern
2001- Bayern knocked out both United and Madrid
2002- Madrid knocked out Bayern. United chocked to Neverkusen
2003- Carlo's Milan era began.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:43 pm

Valkyrja wrote:

Are you insane? How old do you think I am Laughing

I have been what you can consider a Barca fan since roughly 96.

And it started with you being better for most years, but for the vast majority you have been the inferior team you now are Laughing

Last edited by The Franchise on Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:52 pm

GL legend has it that Dani is in his 60s.
Don't blame Valkyrja bro
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:28 am

jibers wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

In a brief period in the 00's before Rijkaard/Ronaldinho era, they were really mediocre.
The likes of Sociedad, La Coruna, Valencia were more prominent teams than them during those times.They were even battling for relegation iirc.
I am in the same boat as Hans.Never saw Barça as a big team in that period.Infact I used to sympathize with them coz they looked so inferior to Galacticos Madrid.
Barca's era truly started from Rijkaard/Dinho imo then Messi/Pep followed.That's what I would call domination.
Well they won a handful of Liga's in the 90s but they were largely a choking team in Europe back then.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:33 pm

Cristiano Ronaldo set a record for goals scored in the group stage of the Champions League of 11 when he netted four against Malmo in Group A on Tuesday.

11 goals in 4 games scoreless in 2 games (PSG).

6 against Malmo and 5 against Donetsk :bow:

Gunning for that Ballon D'or.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:41 pm

Entering Balon d'Or 2016 form :bow:

One last stand in Madrid
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:27 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:Cristiano Ronaldo set a record for goals scored in the group stage of the Champions League of 11 when he netted four against Malmo in Group A on Tuesday.

11 goals in 4 games scoreless in 2 games (PSG).

6 against Malmo and 5 against Donetsk :bow:

Gunning for that Ballon D'or.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing stat padding to max á la Pele against scrubs
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:30 pm

I wish we had more players able to statpad like this, considering it's the easiest thing in the world
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:19 pm

why? just need 1 goal more then your opposition to win the game. thumping poor little malmo is meaningless
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:23 pm

Collblanc wrote:why? just need 1 goal more then your opposition to win the game. thumping poor little malmo is meaningless

Not all wins are the same.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:24 pm

messi's 5 goals against leverkusen is just as useless. nice for the stats. CR7 needs to show his abilities in big games, not these meaningless. same for every other player in the world.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:24 pm

Then we should only count goals that give wins, right? Game winning goals are the only ones that matter after all.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:40 pm

Say what u want u pathetic haters you criticsm makes CR7 strong and minnows make him strionger

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by DoughB Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:57 pm

Carlo:

He said: "I think that Ronaldo's success is largely down to Benzema's hard work. Karim is a calm guy. He is a very relaxed and humble guy, but he is a great player. I really like Benzema.

"His style of play allows Ronaldo to shine and score, even though he is still a player of the highest level.

"I believe Benzema and Ronaldo are the perfect attacking duo."

http://www.90min.com/posts/2636844-carlo-ancelotti-says-karim-benzema-deserves-credit-for-ronaldo-successes

Old article but interesting nontheless

DoughB
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:17 pm

I don't think it's true. I mean Benzema grew into his 'facilitator' role later. But I remember Ronaldo and Higuain carrying the team all by themselves when Benzema was really bad in his first two years with us.

I think without Benzema Ronaldo will definitely keep on scoring, not as much as it would be with Benzema, yet not drastically less to the point of you raising your eyebrows.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:57 pm

gazillion goals against Malmo and Shakhtar, 0 goals against Barca, Atletico, PSG Proud

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by DoughB Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:59 pm

Higuan played with a version of ronaldo who scored from everywhere.. and was much faster.

DoughB
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:05 pm

Add in sevilla
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:06 pm

@linetty Add in sevilla
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:46 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:I don't think it's true. I mean Benzema grew into his 'facilitator' role later. But I remember Ronaldo and Higuain carrying the team all by themselves when Benzema was really bad in his first two years with us.

I think without Benzema Ronaldo will definitely keep on scoring, not as much as it would be with Benzema, yet not drastically less to the point of you raising your eyebrows.

what do you gain from rewriting history? cr-higs partnership got knocked out in the r16 by lyon, with higs flopping as usual and benzema had a lot of issues with injuries in his first season+game time and finally came into his own the latter half of his second season, after valdano told mou to stfu.

lastly im sure you don't know more than Carlo about footy rofl.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:19 pm

Holy guacamole! What a bomb dropped by Ronaldo:

I don’t like the way the club buys and sells players every year, the squad needs time to work and grow together and it takes time to get to know the coach. This is a key way for personal and collective improvement

You fearless legend :bow:

Full interview here, he basically tore holes in Florentino and Real Madrid higher-ups.
http://www.espnfc.com/real-madrid/story/2750913/cristiano-ronaldo-i-wish-to-work-with-carlo-ancelotti-again

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 32  Next