Yeezus
hrealmadrid
Vibe
awalezelin
mowgli
54 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Homosexuals in football... - Page 7 Empty Re: Homosexuals in football...

Post by Albiceleste Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:52 am

I don't support gays, gay rights or gay marriage, nor do I oppose it. It doesn't affect me in the slightest, if a footballer was gay, I'd look at him like any other player, and why does everyone assume people are straight? I mean for all most people know any of the footballers we watch could be gay, we don't know what they do in their spare time.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:56 am

Rare positive rep for Lionel Messi

Well done, lad Thumbs up
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:58 am

Lex wrote:Rare positive rep for Lionel Messi

Well done, lad Thumbs up
Back in the day :coffee: I had decent rep :coffee:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:05 am

Lionel Messi wrote:
Lex wrote:Rare positive rep for Lionel Messi

Well done, lad Thumbs up
Back in the day :coffee: I had decent rep :coffee:

Back-to-back Ballon d'Or winners usually have that. Razz
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Giuvitojuve Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:18 am

I can honestly say this is the first time I have read the content on this forum and become annoyed, infuriated, and disappointed by it.

First of all, I will not begin with a declaratory statement on what my sexuality is. In fact, if you’d like to consider me as being gay, please feel free to do so from this very moment onward. If for some reason that makes you feel about me differently, than I lament how easy it is for you to change your opinion on some one’s character. I lament it because I consider a lot of you my friends, and I would be your friend regardless of where you came from and what you chose to practice (as long as it didn’t harm anyone).

In regards to the “As long as they’re not hitting on me” comments I’ve heard on here. So what if a gay guy hits on you? Gay guys have hit on me a lot in the past, take it as I do, a sign that you’re dressed exceptionally well that night and you’re looking rather fly. Also for those actively threatening gay guys, I know one gay guy in particular who is 6’5” and one of the most muscular son’s of bitches I have ever seen. I’d invite you to take a swing at him, just remember you’ll be out cold for next 30 minutes and if fate is just you’ll be sore some place other than your left eye.

On the V-Bulletin forums, I once debated for five pages in a vehement defense of the Muslim faith, I received a list of insults which I happily withstood. I found that no group of people has the right to be discriminated against simply because they belong to a category. In the same measure that I would defend any group of people who is being attacked, whether they’re Catholic, Hindu, Transgender, Vegetarian, Civil War Re-enactors (the oddest of the group), I will defend the Gay Community.

Secondarily let me begin with a bit of a story. I understand that it may be anecdotal, but it does bring up a valid point that may in a way counter the “why so much ‘gayness’ in prison” argument. I know a man who was kicked out of his house at the age of 16, for being gay. His parent’s abandoned him and he was forced out on the streets since that age. He was raised in a moderately religious household that refused the negative stigma. On the streets, word got out and one night he was hospitalized after being beaten as part of a machismo fest that some homonculii decided to have. To this day he bares the scars. If some claim that it is a choice, which can be prompted under certain conditions, why isn’t it exterminated in others? Homosexuals were targeted during many cultural upheavals, as well as systematic murder programs (See: Homosexual Targeting During the Holocaust).

I believe that it is probable that many are born gay; I also believe it may be possible that some may make the decision to engage in homosexual activities and identify themselves as gay by volition (such as the oft cited ‘prison’ circumstance), they’re not mutually exclusive nor are they necessarily absolutes. Both can be true, that is something that I believe many should be aware of. If they choose it, or if they are born that way, why is it anyone’s concern? Since there is no proven way to distinguish what the cause is, as with most situations, the accused should get the benefit of the doubt.

This wasn’t even a conversation about “Gay Marriage” (which I support), or anything on progressive gay rights. This was something as simple as “Does a group of people have the right to express themselves”, and yet we couldn’t agree on that? We couldn’t agree that some one has the right to define themselves however they please?

When Muntari scores a goal he immediately makes a few religious signs that have absolutely nothing to do with football, yet we’re not all clamoring for him to stop. When Kaka scores a particularly noticeable goal he parades around the field sporting a shirt that says “I belong Jesus” (Note: Add any other mans name there and you’d find it objectionable? How about ‘I Belong to Steve’?). Why is it that a single group of people must remain hidden while the rest are allowed to openly express themselves?

Where is the justice in that?

There are players in Italy who have openly come out as fascists, and although many of them denounce the holocaust or racial persecution, they are still supporting a form of government which brought about both. Why don’t people stop supporting the clubs they play for? Why is a generally benign group of people being targeted? Why? Because gay people aren’t the conditioned ones, you are. “You’re gay”, “that’s gay” was used as an insult for generations now and you were conditioned to take it as a negative, so over time, you have. What objective objection do you have with a group of people whose personal toils have little to no affect on your life whatsoever. This group is actively targeted, because they’re easy to target. Because they just want to exist, and that is the easiest time to go for the throat.

Also, for everyone one of you quoting religious scriptures and saying “They go to Hell!”, according to 95% of those scriptures everyone who believes in a different religions goes to hell as well. So; “The invisible man I believe may be somewhere out there if a 3,000 year old book is vaguely accurate” isn’t a good standard of being prejudice against a group of people.

Now before I am blamed as being “anti-religion”, I actually really believe there may be (or I guess really hope is the better term) something greater out there. If there is something divine and pure out there, I’m pretty sure that it’s something that wouldn’t bully and decimate those who simply ask to be free to do what they want with their own bodies, and do so without harming others.

This goes far beyond football. I don’t want to get another phone call from a gay friend bawling into the phone because some asshole decided that he had to take a swing at him to make up for a small penis or an inferiority complex. I don’t want to see another 12 year old boy being gunned down for “dressing funny”, and I really don’t want to think that people who claim to be my friend would abandon me if I chose to love some one, who chose to love me back.

If you wish to hate me for it, I implore you; please do. Hate me as much as you like. I’ll defend them to the last, the same way I’d defend you to the last if you went through it.
Giuvitojuve
Giuvitojuve
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:26 am

Excellent post, I agree wholeheartedly

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:29 am

Fantastic post Giu and I have to say I wholeheartedly agree. Btw does your friend (the one with the scars) also live in NY and if so have the new laws changed the way people perceive him?

Some of the replies to this thread are quite shocking. The sad part is that it adds on to some very negative stereotypes about a certain group of people. One of my best friends is bisexual, and I can't remember seeing him more excited than the day Argentina became one of the 10 countries to allow gay marriage.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:32 am

Giuvitojuve wrote:I can honestly say this is the first time I have read the content on this forum and become annoyed, infuriated, and disappointed by it.

First of all, I will not begin with a declaratory statement on what my sexuality is. In fact, if you’d like to consider me as being gay, please feel free to do so from this very moment onward. If for some reason that makes you feel about me differently, than I lament how easy it is for you to change your opinion on some one’s character. I lament it because I consider a lot of you my friends, and I would be your friend regardless of where you came from and what you chose to practice (as long as it didn’t harm anyone).

In regards to the “As long as they’re not hitting on me” comments I’ve heard on here. So what if a gay guy hits on you? Gay guys have hit on me a lot in the past, take it as I do, a sign that you’re dressed exceptionally well that night and you’re looking rather fly. Also for those actively threatening gay guys, I know one gay guy in particular who is 6’5” and one of the most muscular son’s of bitches I have ever seen. I’d invite you to take a swing at him, just remember you’ll be out cold for next 30 minutes and if fate is just you’ll be sore some place other than your left eye.

On the V-Bulletin forums, I once debated for five pages in a vehement defense of the Muslim faith, I received a list of insults which I happily withstood. I found that no group of people has the right to be discriminated against simply because they belong to a category. In the same measure that I would defend any group of people who is being attacked, whether they’re Catholic, Hindu, Transgender, Vegetarian, Civil War Re-enactors (the oddest of the group), I will defend the Gay Community.

Secondarily let me begin with a bit of a story. I understand that it may be anecdotal, but it does bring up a valid point that may in a way counter the “why so much ‘gayness’ in prison” argument. I know a man who was kicked out of his house at the age of 16, for being gay. His parent’s abandoned him and he was forced out on the streets since that age. He was raised in a moderately religious household that refused the negative stigma. On the streets, word got out and one night he was hospitalized after being beaten as part of a machismo fest that some homonculii decided to have. To this day he bares the scars. If some claim that it is a choice, which can be prompted under certain conditions, why isn’t it exterminated in others? Homosexuals were targeted during many cultural upheavals, as well as systematic murder programs (See: Homosexual Targeting During the Holocaust).

I believe that it is probable that many are born gay; I also believe it may be possible that some may make the decision to engage in homosexual activities and identify themselves as gay by volition (such as the oft cited ‘prison’ circumstance), they’re not mutually exclusive nor are they necessarily absolutes. Both can be true, that is something that I believe many should be aware of. If they choose it, or if they are born that way, why is it anyone’s concern? Since there is no proven way to distinguish what the cause is, as with most situations, the accused should get the benefit of the doubt.

This wasn’t even a conversation about “Gay Marriage” (which I support), or anything on progressive gay rights. This was something as simple as “Does a group of people have the right to express themselves”, and yet we couldn’t agree on that? We couldn’t agree that some one has the right to define themselves however they please?

When Muntari scores a goal he immediately makes a few religious signs that have absolutely nothing to do with football, yet we’re not all clamoring for him to stop. When Kaka scores a particularly noticeable goal he parades around the field sporting a shirt that says “I belong Jesus” (Note: Add any other mans name there and you’d find it objectionable? How about ‘I Belong to Steve’?). Why is it that a single group of people must remain hidden while the rest are allowed to openly express themselves?

Where is the justice in that?

There are players in Italy who have openly come out as fascists, and although many of them denounce the holocaust or racial persecution, they are still supporting a form of government which brought about both. Why don’t people stop supporting the clubs they play for? Why is a generally benign group of people being targeted? Why? Because gay people aren’t the conditioned ones, you are. “You’re gay”, “that’s gay” was used as an insult for generations now and you were conditioned to take it as a negative, so over time, you have. What objective objection do you have with a group of people whose personal toils have little to no affect on your life whatsoever. This group is actively targeted, because they’re easy to target. Because they just want to exist, and that is the easiest time to go for the throat.

Also, for everyone one of you quoting religious scriptures and saying “They go to Hell!”, according to 95% of those scriptures everyone who believes in a different religions goes to hell as well. So; “The invisible man I believe may be somewhere out there if a 3,000 year old book is vaguely accurate” isn’t a good standard of being prejudice against a group of people.

Now before I am blamed as being “anti-religion”, I actually really believe there may be (or I guess really hope is the better term) something greater out there. If there is something divine and pure out there, I’m pretty sure that it’s something that wouldn’t bully and decimate those who simply ask to be free to do what they want with their own bodies, and do so without harming others.

This goes far beyond football. I don’t want to get another phone call from a gay friend bawling into the phone because some asshole decided that he had to take a swing at him to make up for a small penis or an inferiority complex. I don’t want to see another 12 year old boy being gunned down for “dressing funny”, and I really don’t want to think that people who claim to be my friend would abandon me if I chose to love some one, who chose to love me back.

If you wish to hate me for it, I implore you; please do. Hate me as much as you like. I’ll defend them to the last, the same way I’d defend you to the last if you went through it.

I agree completely with you, but I hate you. You are a Juventus supporter.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:37 am

Giuseppe, you know I am always in support of you and this is no different.

Bro, what I meant by the "hitting on you" comment was that people seem to think that homosexuals are always a bother to them, and all I am saying is that unless one of them is trying to have intercourse with me, why should I care ? I understand if they made a mistake or something and hit on me, and I would let them down gently. It was meant to be kind of "if they do not bother you, do not bother you."

Take a lesson and learn from Giuseppe all nay-sayers !
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:40 am

So Wiggles you hate me too? I thought were cool, even tho I was a Juventus supporter. Sad...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:41 am

You nailed it, Giu.

Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Giuvitojuve Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:44 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Fantastic post Giu and I have to say I wholeheartedly agree. Btw does your friend (the one with the scars) also live in NY and if so have the new laws changed the way people perceive him?

Some of the replies to this thread are quite shocking. The sad part is that it adds on to some very negative stereotypes about a certain group of people. One of my best friends is bisexual, and I can't remember seeing him more excited than the day Argentina became one of the 10 countries to allow gay marriage.

He now lives in NY, but he has only lived in NY recently. Originally from down South, lived in Boston for quite some time (wears Red Sox shirts all the time, which in NY is the only hated group).

I agree completely with you, but I hate you. You are a Juventus supporter.

Thanks for the support. But why so much hate? We're both Italian. On the other hand; it sounds sexy. Throw me your digits, it'll cost you though.

Giuseppe, you know I am always in support of you and this is no different.

Ohh, no worries bro. Comment wasn't directed towards you at all. Thank you so much for for the honest friendship as well.

I was just mentioning how I hate when people say;

"If a gay hit on me I'd _________________" insert violent action.

My gay friends have it hard (no pun intended), when members of their community come out openly they're told they're being to flamboyant and when they're subtle they're easy to confuse with straight guys. Can't blame them if they find me attractive. Any guy can come up and tell me he thinks I'm good looking. The reverse I wouldn't take so well.
Giuvitojuve
Giuvitojuve
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:46 am

Wiggles = God

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:49 am

My mistake then Giuseppe, it is just that I said it earlier and so I thought that it was directed toward me. Smile

But if a gay guy hit on me, I would take it as a compliment. A well-manicured man who takes care of himself thinks I am good-looking ... let him down and move on.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:50 am

Fellow Bostonian!

(Only for college in my case).
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Giuvitojuve Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:52 am

Guiltybystander wrote:Fellow Bostonian!

I'll tell him you said so.

Though as a New Yorker, it will break my heart to do so.
Giuvitojuve
Giuvitojuve
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:52 am

The issue, in my opinion is that most people who have an opinion on gay people that is negative, is that they probably have never met a gay person or had a gay friend.

Another issue is that most people tend to think every gay person is some form of a flaming, feminine, high pitched voice gay guy. And that couldn't be further from the truth.

The one thing that probably bothers me the most are the guys who are completely ok with lesbians, but any mention of gay guys and the hate starts to pour.

It's one thing to have an opinion about gay marriage, but those who are gay, should be treated equally, like anybody else.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:56 am

Giuvitojuve wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:Fellow Bostonian!

I'll tell him you said so.

Though as a New Yorker, it will break my heart to do so.

Oh wow, nevermind, I thought it was about you, talking about yourself in the third person. I misread.
Don't bother Razz
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:58 am

poolsupporter wrote:The one thing that probably bothers me the most are the guys who are completely ok with lesbians, but any mention of gay guys and the hate starts to pour.

You can enjoy lesbianism, or at the very least masturbate to it, but the same cannot be said for homosexuality. Razz
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:58 am

BTW, I was kidding about "hating" Juventus supporters. We Inter people have to say that or other Inter supporters will think we are gay. LOL

That's another joke, BTW. No problem with gays even those that have hit on me. Just tell them you are not gay and they can become good friends. Now, when I hit on a lesbian once, I was just embarrassed. She was a sister of a good friend of mine. LOL
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:03 am

For all guys bringing up religious texts:

Religion teaches us that we should look at every man as equal because we are all brothers and part of God....

If a religion teaches to discriminate against one group and accept another, then it is not a religion, nor can anyone use it as an excuse to hate on gays.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Giuvitojuve Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:05 am

wigglesworth wrote:BTW, I was kidding about "hating" Juventus supporters. We Inter people have to say that or other Inter supporters will think we are gay. LOL

That's another joke, BTW. No problem with gays even those that have hit on me. Just tell them you are not gay and they can become good friends. Now, when I hit on a lesbian once, I was just embarrassed. She was a sister of a good friend of mine. LOL

Only ever hit on a lesbian once, she was so cool with it though.

She was very nice and a surprisingly good sport as I kept trying to be cheeky and "close up the deal", until I found out from a friend that she was a lesbian. I honestly felt so silly.

You can enjoy lesbianism, or at the very least masturbate to it, but the same cannot be said for homosexuality.

I remember on the Lithium forum there was these heated and insult riddled debate about gay marriage that I managed to divert with this image on my Goal.com "New Rules";

Homosexuals in football... - Page 7 Lesbiwin

It creates a paradox for them. Plus, how can they respond to it when they're busy fapping?
Giuvitojuve
Giuvitojuve
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:09 am

english_jewel wrote:For all guys bringing up religious texts:

Religion teaches us that we should look at every man as equal because we are all brothers and part of God....

If a religion teaches to discriminate against one group and accept another, then it is not a religion, nor can anyone use it as an excuse to hate on gays.
Most religions put homosexuals as people who will go straight to hell and burn for Eternity, actually...
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:20 am

My philosophy teacher (a die-hard Catholic) told my class that if we knew someone who was gay, the best thing to do was to get them treatment and cure them of their disease while giving them support.

The class was silent for about a minute.

I now know why he always used to tell us how it is better to teach at a private school ... he would be charged if he said that in a public school.

Quite extremist.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:21 am

Sushi Master wrote:

Most religions put homosexuals as people who will go straight to hell and burn for Eternity, actually...

Not in Hinduism and Buddhism, which represent more than half the world's population.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:31 am

Sushi Master wrote:

Not in Hinduism. In Hinduism we are told that we are all part and parcels of God, and WE WILL GO TO HELL ONLY IF we treat God's people with disrespect. Not the other way around. We are supposed to look at each other as a soul, not a body, and realize that we all came from God. This includes animals, humans, and any other species of life that exist out there (which is why we do not eat meat). The same is true for Buddism, Janism, Sikhism and all other peaceful religions.

It's foolish to say that gay people will go to hell anyways because it's not there choice that they are gay, they were born with it. And so who do you blame? Well since your religious you would believe God made us all and so essentially it's God's "fault". But if people believe that their religious scriptures say that gays go to hell then they simply misunderstand their texts, because it really makes no sense when God made you gay and so you go to hell because of Him. So basically you know from the beginning of your childhood that you will go to Hell no matter what the good things you do because God decided to make you gay..does that make any sense to you? You cannot change the fact you are gay by no means if you were born that way.

I have seen people use religion as an excuse and it annoys the shit out of me and makes mockery out of religion.

Last edited by english_jewel on Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next