sportsczy
Lucifer
chad4401
futbol
Valkyrja
34 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Is De Gea proven at the highest level? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is De Gea proven at the highest level?

Post by chad4401 Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:02 pm

Unique wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Chad has said it repeatedly lol.
don't tell me you listen to anything chad says.

lmao that rich coming from you Laughing

chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Is De Gea proven at the highest level? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is De Gea proven at the highest level?

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:12 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I don't have an agenda against anyone lol.

Just admit Boateng is a fantastic player and I'll let it go and be appreciative of De Gea :coffee:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:15 pm

How does opponent quality not matter for a GK? Whether the opponent can create high quality chances throughout or just launch 2 lucky counterattacks over 90 minutes very much plays a huge part. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:17 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I don't have an agenda against anyone lol.

Just admit Boateng is a fantastic player

Is De Gea proven at the highest level? - Page 3 2533-53

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:18 pm

I don't know whether DDG would be an upgrade on Navas tbh

http://m0.sportsjoe.ie/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/31215429/de-gea-navas-comparison.jpg

That was when both played a full season, one for Levante and the other for United

Navas' biggest flaw is he sometimes palms the ball right into the middle of the box, DDGs is corners and he doesn't try to save some shots when he thinks he can't and just stays rooted to the same spot

For now I am very happy with Navas, doesn't stand too far out (Lopez), has great reflexes and is always on his toes. He has made some excellent saves this season. I hope it continues, our biggest games are against Bilbal, Atleti, Barca, Malaga, Celta, Valencia etc and we haven't played any of them yet. Our next 4/5 games are against most of these opposition only then can we rate his performances for Madrid imo
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:35 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Glory wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:De Gea is not proven at the highest level though.
Have yet to see him beast in a CL semi, like Ter Stegen.
Wasn't that good at Eindhoven either, no?
He's made look good by mediocre finishing of PL midtable strikers, or Wilshere and Hazard, tbh

You are talking as if he hasn't played in CL before this match against PSV Laughing

And even though the highest level argument you are putting forth is legit in its way, I don't think its conclusive enough to back your claim Hansy boy in your effort to downplay ddg's quality here.
And furthermore its the PL that is the toughest league for a gk or one of the toughest for that matter. Not certainly La liga. That is the league where victor Valdes has beasted for decades ffs and I have read what the general consensus is about vv here on gl. So please.
Mediocre finishing of mid table strikers. lol. You can do better than that mate.
what a shame, badmouthing Valdes after he has suffered a terrible injury as if all he accomplished before meant nothing.

This is the new world fans, bravo

or let's just say if you had actually read my post rather than skimming it you wouldn't have said this okay ?
But here you are..being all condescending and shit, I wonder why. Oh wait Proud Laughing

Anyway jokes are solely on you if you somehow came to the conclusion from that post that I am badmouthing vv. I am simply repeating what others have said here. I have read on gl as to how he despite being not that great lasted that long at barca. Its certainly not my words. So you are simply but shooting the messenger.

And in case there's a confusion regarding my first post let's just forget about vv, its not even about him. Its about the relative toughness of the PL as compared to laliga especially in areas such as aerial ability and physicality.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:58 pm

futbol wrote:How does opponent quality not matter for a GK? Whether the opponent can create high quality chances throughout or just launch 2 lucky counterattacks over 90 minutes very much plays a huge part. Laughing

I don't think you understood Sportczy's post properly. He is saying you can't take anything away from the quality of saves he has had to make just because they are not elite teams. Not about the number of saves. When called upon Navas has delivered. He can only save what's been thrown at him. So far been near flawless. Hope he can keep this up.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:59 pm

futbol wrote:How does opponent quality not matter for a GK? Whether the opponent can create high quality chances throughout or just launch 2 lucky counterattacks over 90 minutes very much plays a huge part. Laughing

Ok you are by default assuming the big team is creating a lot more chances than the small one against a said keeper. In that case obviously. it does matter the quality of the opponent.
But its not the case always. Take the match against Swansea or even yesterdays match against Soton. The smaller team in both occasions created more chances.

The problem is cos you support a super team that dominate most of the opposition teams where as I support a still big team but that is not as half as dominant. Our perception for a small team isn't the same.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:14 pm

If u were using sarcasm, my bad i did not read it like that
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:32 pm

Is De Gea proven at the highest level? - Page 3 Latest?cb=20130428030602
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:43 pm

DDG is better than Navas without the shadow of a doubt. But Navas is very good too. The incremental improvements is not so significant.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:55 pm

I liked De Gea better when he was a Monaco forward tbh.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:03 pm

farfan wrote:Is De Gea proven at the highest level? - Page 3 Latest?cb=20130428030602

ffs
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:21 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
Doc wrote:We? Wait...we? Damn Valk, are you taking the piss at Benzema or a French supporter because I can't tell.

Benzema and Ronaldo will have to pass the torch someday. Jese-Martial ftw Molenation Molenation Molenation

This has nothing to do with De Gea though hmm
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:33 pm

Easily top 3 GK in the world.
Then we should discuss if the 1st, the 2nd or the 3rd
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:35 pm

A whole thread of Mole taking everybody for a ride Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:44 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Opponent quality not relevant when someone said he's an elite season when they have played 5 games and it's been all scrubs rofl

Seems legit.

And Southampton aren't scrubs ? Or the teams Man U have played ?

We're talking about a side who got destroyed and demolished by a shocking Danish team, Mydjilland, who were humiliated by APOEL, who subsequently were outplayed and eliminated by Astana FC, a club that didn't even exist until 2009.

Gijon/Granada/etc are all similar level to Southampton, if not better.....You consistent bias of defending this utter turd of an institution called the Premier League is massively deluded.

Belittles Gijon/Granada as if Southampton are any better rofl rofl

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:45 pm

No different from any other thread then.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:52 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:No different from any other thread then.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
GLS - S
GL

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/c9/c944ffe3216d82e608c50247cd37b58368114bd37bb850305b0d0899029571c0.jpg
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:53 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Opponent quality not relevant when someone said he's an elite season when they have played 5 games and it's been all scrubs rofl

Seems legit.

And Southampton aren't scrubs ? Or the teams Man U have played ?

We're talking about a side who got destroyed and demolished by a shocking Danish team, Mydjilland, who were humiliated by APOEL, who subsequently were outplayed and eliminated by Astana FC, a club that didn't even exist until 2009.

Gijon/Granada/etc are all similar level to Southampton, if not better.....You consistent bias of defending this utter turd of an institution called the Premier League is massively deluded.

Belittles Gijon/Granada as if Southampton are any better rofl rofl

Defending it? i have said it's shit on numerous occasions lol.

Because i'm capable of not being overly emotional about something don't confuse that for " defending ". Anyway how is it the same, De Gea was outstanding last season if Navas puts in a similar performance over an entire season then sure.

De Gea proved himself last year by basically carrying Yanited to a CL spot by himself, he doesn't need to prove anything to anybody.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:02 pm

Mole the season before Navas was the best gk in la liga hands down. Valdes was there before he got injured. The guy has one of the best reflexes I have seen a gk have, arguably better than prime Iker. Ddg is a better overall gk, but Navas isn't a step down tbh.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:11 pm

jibers wrote:Mole the season before Navas was the best gk in la liga hands down. Valdes was there before he got injured. The guy has one of the best reflexes I have seen a gk have, arguably better than prime Iker. Ddg is a better overall gk, but Navas isn't a step down tbh.

not even close, prime Iker was a freak. some of the saves he made were literally unbelievable.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Just to add my 2 cents. Both Navas and De Gea are very good GKs. I believe that De Gea is better, but only slightly. That is the main reason why Perez would not overpay for De Gea. We are Ok with either of them and Casilla on the bench is a more than capable backup. So either way we were going to be OK for this season.

Next season is a whole different matter. it will depend on what both teams and GKs accomplish this year and what will be the price tag on De Gea. Perez is out to get a top WC portero (De Gea is one of top 3 now and is still developing while Navas is older, now at top of his game and not really considered top 3) and especially the future starter of our NT.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:26 pm

Navas is quite better than DDG in my honest opinion? Lets even forget bout this season.
As for the quality of opponents, well that really matters tbh, if navas made those saves against MSN he'd probably be rated more highly on here. Well, not like DDG has faced MSN either and its not like he's faced madrids attack too. Its like saying scoring a scissors kick (which is independent of the opposition or any external factor) against schalke is thesame as scoring it against madrid. Afterall the one against schalke may even be better executed for all we care but everyone would still pick the one against madrid as the best, jurt cause of the magnitude of the game, pressure and opponent.

Last edited by Bankz on Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:36 pm

Navas is more stable and experienced (which counts for a lot as a keeper) while DDG is the more spectacular and eye catching and people tend to rate spectacle/flash very highly. So, while DDG might have the higher potential or might be better in the next year or 2, Navas, imo is simply the better keeper as at today. The fact that ddg plays in the prem also helps with the hype where all of his saves are magnified and regarded as full stretches.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:12 am

Sleep :coffee:
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next