sportsczy
Lucifer
chad4401
futbol
Valkyrja
34 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Is De Gea proven at the highest level? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is De Gea proven at the highest level?

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:52 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Gil wrote:Navas is having an elite season so far though. He's made just as many ridiculous saves so far but unless you're Neuer or De Gea your performances don't get overpraised.

Elite season while playing Sporting Gijon, Betis, Espanyol and Granada....

Seems legit.
its the opponent or the quality of the saves that matter? unless you are saying that he needs to perform against big teams too?

although he had a monster world cup not long ago so his ability to perform on the big stage isnt really i doubt i would think?

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Is De Gea proven at the highest level? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is De Gea proven at the highest level?

Post by Adit Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:54 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Gil wrote:Navas is having an elite season so far though. He's made just as many ridiculous saves so far but unless you're Neuer or De Gea your performances don't get overpraised.

Elite season while playing Sporting Gijon, Betis, Espanyol and Granada....

Seems legit.
its the opponent or the quality of the saves that matter? unless you are saying that he needs to perform against big teams too?

although he had a monster world cup not long ago so his ability to perform on the big stage isnt really i doubt i would think?

Like i said there are people who will say shit is shit in this forum and there are people who will look at the club badge first to judge players,they will make excuse for the club they like , you know where cule belong to.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:56 pm

Monster WC Laughing

Besides that's irrelevant when you consider the names who performed to a similar standard like Ospina rofl

When he's proving himself of course the opponent matters and besides having an elite season without facing elite opponents just lol rofl

Just as hilarious when Madrid fans tried to get me to think that Diego Lopez was great as well, just lol.

There's no conspiracy or hype, De Gea is rated so highly for a reason and it's not due to hype. Navas is decent and no more always has been and always will be, also funny when Madrid fans try to claim that a player is only better than their own due to hype rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:03 pm

Mole making DL out to be some 2nd string keeper in Grimsby upon Tyne
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:03 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
futbol wrote:Hans acting the tough guy. Meanwhile all of Alonso, Robben, Lahm and Ribery are 31 or older and Schweinsteiger is already gone. Can't wait for Kimmich, Götze and Rode to lead Bayern to the next triple. (:

I'm not holding my breath for another treble tbh.
For now I'm content just with watching Thiago doing his magic Proud
Enjoy him while you can lol

inb4 another injury
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:04 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Chad has said it repeatedly lol.
don't tell me you listen to anything chad says.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:04 pm

@ES

Never said that, keep exaggerating for cheap laughs though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:06 pm

Cheap laughs are the best IMO
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:09 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:@ES

You said "Madrid fans tried to get me to think Diego Lopez was great" which implies you think he is not great when he is. Anyone who could not see Lopez was great after his Man Utd performance is either biased or blind and anyone can see which category you fall into when it comes to Madrid/Barca players.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:11 pm

M99 wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:@ES

You said "Madrid fans tried to get me to think Diego Lopez was great" which implies you think he is not great when he is. Anyone who could not see Lopez was great after his Man Utd performance is either biased or blind and anyone can see which category you fall into when it comes to Madrid/Barca players.

NO SHIT Laughing
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:13 pm

Unique wrote:

Laughing
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:14 pm

Opponent quality is less relevant for keepers... It's about save quality and Navas has been superb.

And yes, he did have a monster WC. Second best keeper there behind Neuer.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:29 pm

sportsczy wrote:Opponent quality is less relevant for keepers... It's about save quality and Navas has been superb.

And yes, he did have a monster WC. Second best keeper there behind Neuer.

Pretty much this.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:30 pm

Opponent quality not relevant when someone said he's an elite season when they have played 5 games and it's been all scrubs rofl

Seems legit.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:41 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Monster WC Laughing

Besides that's irrelevant when you consider the names who performed to a similar standard like Ospina rofl

When he's proving himself of course the opponent matters and besides having an elite season without facing elite opponents just lol rofl

Just as hilarious when Madrid fans tried to get me to think that Diego Lopez was great as well, just lol.

There's no conspiracy or hype, De Gea is rated so highly for a reason and it's not due to hype. Navas is decent and no more always has been and always will be, also funny when Madrid fans try to claim that a player is only better than their own due to hype rofl
That's pretty much like saying that "because Gyan was once great during a world cup, no attacking player can now be rated off his world cup outting"

i find that a tad ridic, no offense.

Navas is great, and him being elite in la liga three years ago when he was starter at levante is also proof of that. He kinda has a track record.

As much as i think De Gea is quality, the argument lately in footy has been that there are 3 elite gks in footy now: Neuer, De Gea and Courtois and the rest are shite.

what? Keylor is fantastic in his own right, and he has proven that plenty of times. Just as De Gea is great, and just as there are many out there who are equally great.

Besides, you of all people milking a post from Gil, really? Dont you know what he is doing

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:41 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:De Gea is not proven at the highest level though.
Have yet to see him beast in a CL semi, like Ter Stegen.
Wasn't that good at Eindhoven either, no?
He's made look good by mediocre finishing of PL midtable strikers, or Wilshere and Hazard, tbh

This is so true. If he was truly elite he would've been bought by a top club a long time ago.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:44 pm

Never said he's shite lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:46 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Opponent quality not relevant when someone said he's an elite season when they have played 5 games and it's been all scrubs rofl

Seems legit.
This is what i dont understand, regardless of whether we are speaking about Navas or De Gea.

I do understand the value of performing well against quality team, but why are we supposed to completely disregard his saves, when they are fantastic against weaker teams? This doesnt make sense to me, a GK is not the same as an outfield player
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:53 pm

Because there's been 5 games, why call it an elite season after 5 games.

If he said it in April then fair enough, but not after 5 *bleep* games. In a sample size that small he better be against top opposition.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:53 pm

He's made look good by mediocre finishing of PL midtable strikers, or Wilshere and Hazard, tbh

You are talking as if he hasn't played in CL before this match against PSV Laughing

And even though the highest level argument you are putting forth is legit in its way, I don't think its conclusive enough to back your claim Hansy boy in your effort to downplay ddg's quality here.
And furthermore its the PL that is the toughest league for a gk or one of the toughest for that matter. Not certainly La liga. That is the league where victor Valdes has beasted for decades ffs and I have read what the general consensus is about vv here on gl. So please.
Mediocre finishing of mid table strikers. lol. You can do better than that mate.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:54 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Because there's been 5 games, why call it an elite season after 5 games.

If he said it in April then fair enough, but not after 5 *bleep* games. In a sample size that small he better be against top opposition.
Because it's Gil
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:55 pm

Just using the arguments Mole regularly uses if he has an agenda against a player.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:56 pm

Glory wrote:

You are talking as if he hasn't played in CL before this match against PSV Laughing

And even though the highest level argument you are putting forth is legit in its way, I don't think its conclusive enough to back your claim Hansy boy in your effort to downplay ddg's quality here.
And furthermore its the PL that is the toughest league for a gk or one of the toughest for that matter. Not certainly La liga. That is the league where victor Valdes has beasted for decades ffs and I have read what the general consensus is about vv here on gl. So please.
Mediocre finishing of mid table strikers. lol. You can do better than that mate.
what a shame, badmouthing Valdes after he has suffered a terrible injury as if all he accomplished before meant nothing.

This is the new world fans, bravo
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:56 pm

I don't have an agenda against anyone lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:59 pm

i never said navas was better than DDG, I said DDG is more hyped and navas is a great keeper, even in the madrid section they are quotes where i said DDG is an upgrade on navas, he is still a great keeper and i always wanted him to start for us.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:02 pm

Unique wrote:

lmao that rich coming from you Laughing
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next