4 at the back will be dead at the highest level..

+16
rwo power
Tomwin Lannister
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Glory
Hapless_Hans
DeletedUser#1
McAgger
nasir6371
Casciavit
Kaladin
futbol
teamanarchy
Robespierre
Mr Nick09
Valkyrja
cyberman
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

4 at the back will be dead at the highest level.. Empty 4 at the back will be dead at the highest level..

Post by cyberman Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:54 pm

I was thinking about this for a while. All these drifting 9s and 1 up top between the lines.
Usually the defending side has a spare player at the back, what causes the trouble as the defender doesn't know what to do, does he come out and close or stand back and let him have the space?
Added to this is the death of the attacking midfielder, the player who runs beyond ie scholes in the early 2000, Fabregas back in the day. Gerrard / lampard.
It's all midfield 3 / counter attacking / wing play and over lapping fullbacks.
What I saw last night in the Utd game confirmed it to me.
3 at the back with 2 dynamic Midfielders in front of them. Pushing up putting immediate pressure at the heart of the base of the opposition.
The role of the fullback will change. Wingers will need to be more defensive astute.
You will see a lot of fullbacks being converted wingers. Hence the term wingbacks.
4 at the back will go as playing 2 in the middle. To the pages of history.
The future is now and you have your buddy Cyberman guiding you through as it happens.

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

4 at the back will be dead at the highest level.. Empty Re: 4 at the back will be dead at the highest level..

Post by Valkyrja Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:11 pm

poor mans huntsman
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

4 at the back will be dead at the highest level.. Empty Re: 4 at the back will be dead at the highest level..

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:15 pm

what you saw against LA Galaxy rofl stoke could play 2-2-2-4 they would have wrecked them

when teams wreck u in EPL we will talk about it again

a simple 442 can cause unheard problems to that formation, it all depends on personnel
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:18 pm

lVGod confirmed last night were playing 3-5-2 for the year.
It's the future buddy.. lVG and I think alike.
Coincidence?

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:18 pm

Valkyrja wrote:poor mans huntsman

*** u talking about?

Last edited by rwo power on Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I would appreciate it if you would refrain from swearing. THank you very much. - rwo)

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:24 pm

cyberman wrote:lVGod confirmed last night were playing 3-5-2 for the year.
It's the future buddy.. lVG and I think alike.
Coincidence?
no it's not, but for once you dont have any original idea, just following what van gaal says and does like a sheep.

i do think the 343 is a very interesting formation, lots of teams will be bothered by it, but a good high pressing 442 can undo it. At the end of the day it comes down to who you have in front of you.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:32 pm

If 4-4-2 press then the midfield is bypassed too easily.
That 5 across the middle would keep the ball off them like it's a training exercise.
Plus how many teams, even top teams, play a high pressing formation like that?
Here's a difference between counter attacking ala Madrid and high pressing ala Atletico.
Even Barca don't press high anymore.

It's only a certain few that can assess future trends.
It's not as easy as we make it look

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:34 pm

Walter Mazzarri the prophet
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:35 pm

Can't wait for the first team that comes along and counter attacks, beating you out wide...
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:37 pm

lol, i recall Ancelotti wrote about the solutions of a 442 to press a 352 when he was at psg. It's somewhere on this site and i remember it generated quite a nice debate.

pressing starts with the forward attacking your 3 CBs, and all 4 midfielders and a fullback depending on which side pushing up on potential passing option in midfield. football is still 11v11, an organized team can press against any system.

5 accross the middle? good luck moving the ball around when all your players are in straight lines lol. Like i said, it comes down to technical ability from both teams.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:38 pm

Why out wide?
The dynamic midfielder shifts over.
You also need two hard working strikers. As a striker. If they're attacking down your side, you shirt over slightly.
It's really not that hard.
All those counter attacking goals holland conceded at the World Cup.

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:38 pm

Ah there it is, great thread,
http://www.goallegacy.net/t28565-goallegacy-quintessential-tactical-discussion-analysis-thread?highlight=quintessential

notice how MT was making similar comments as you currently are lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:40 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:lol, i recall Ancelotti wrote about the solutions of a 442 to press a 352 when he was at psg. It's somewhere on this site and i remember it generated quite a nice debate.

pressing starts with the forward attacking your 3 CBs, and all 4 midfielders and a fullback depending on which side pushing up on potential passing option in midfield. football is still 11v11, an organized team can press against any system.

5 accross the middle? good luck moving the ball around when all your players are in straight lines lol. Like i said, it comes down to technical ability from both teams.

Who said they're in straight lines?
You need players who are good in tight spots. It's really not that hard to understand.
Ancelotti is a cup manager. He has no long term solutions for anything.
If he had, he wouldn't lose despite having the best team in the league so often

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:42 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Ah there it is, great thread,
http://www.goallegacy.net/t28565-goallegacy-quintessential-tactical-discussion-analysis-thread?highlight=quintessential

notice how MT was making similar comments as you currently are lol

And?
This thread is about how you'll see it implemented now and in the future. An actual progression that's not debating made up scenarios in your head.
I don't give a shit who shares my opinion tbh. I'm not trying to be an original football hipster here

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:43 pm

you act as if you will be the only hard working team on the pitch, lol.

so all that because you beat LA Galaxy lmao
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:45 pm

3 at the back like van Gaal or Conte use it with 3 real centerbacks is not flexible enough. Here is Barca's 3-4-3 from 2010 against Real Madrid:

4 at the back will be dead at the highest level.. Mnvst58l

Much better to have the flexibility to change from 4 to 3 and vice-versa in-game according to the situation. When you start with 3 real central defenders you are limiting yourself. Any 1 striker system with proper wingers makes it redundant, 3 CBs marking 1 striker and the wings are only protected by 1 wide player. Let's say you play against Real Madrid. Who is defending the flanks when Ronaldo and Marcelo are bombing forward? The wingback / wide midfielder and ...? One of the 2 centerforwards (Rooney, RvP)? Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:47 pm

[quote="cyberman"]
cyberman wrote:I was thinking about this for a while. All these drifting 9s and 1 up top between the lines.
Usually the defending side has a spare player at the back, what causes the trouble as the defender doesn't know what to do, does he come out and close or stand back and let him have the space?
Added to this is the death of the attacking midfielder, the player who runs beyond ie scholes in the early 2000, Fabregas back in the day. Gerrard / lampard.
It's all midfield 3 / counter attacking / wing play and over lapping fullbacks.
What I saw last night in the Utd game confirmed it to me.
3 at the back with 2 dynamic Midfielders in front of them. Pushing up putting immediate pressure at the heart of the base of the opposition.
The role of the fullback will change. Wingers will need to be more defensive astute.
You will see a lot of fullbacks being converted wingers. Hence the term wingbacks.
4 at the back will go as playing 2 in the middle. To the pages of history.
The future is now and you have your buddy Cyberman guiding you through as it happens.

I don't give a shit who shares my opinion tbh. I'm not trying to be an original football hipster here
sure bro, sure, not a hptser, ok, i get it now Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:47 pm

so Serie A even this time showed to be forerunner of tactics ? hmm
90% of clubs play 3-5-2 from some years ...
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:48 pm

Robespierre wrote:so Serie A even this time showed to be forerunner of tactics ? hmm

Notice how Serie ZzzZZzZ's decline correlates strongly with the 3 man defense's emergence. hmm

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:54 pm

You have ball playing centre backs, it allows you to push up more, close down said space.
Ronaldo has been destroying all formations for 10 years now, using those examples are redundant
The extra centre back sweeps up the attacks on each wing, he shifts where the play shifts.
The striker does drift to the wide areas, but that's where you need your vidals and herreras to break forward and support the man up front.
What you're doing is picturing a team who doesn't play 3-5-2, failing to adapt and making strawman arguments based on it.
It's honestly not complicated.
All

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:55 pm

Fußball wrote:
Robespierre wrote:so Serie A even this time showed to be forerunner of tactics ? hmm

Notice how Serie ZzzZZzZ's decline correlates strongly with the 3 man defense's emergence. hmm

many clubs use this setting game because there are less quality players, nay the old N°10 ( called trequartista in Italy)  are disappearing in Serie A and the fullbacks can't be defend. Laughing So it is better to exploit their run

Anyway I fear that Mazzarri will read this thread and he will log in on Goallegacy to say he deserves the recognition as best Italian tatical innovator since Arrigo Sacchi ( he was the first to play in this way in Serie A, even Conte played with 4-2-4 or 4-3-3  at the beginning ) Proud He will be capable of it so I  hope this thread will not be traceable on google.

Last edited by Robespierre on Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:59 pm; edited 5 times in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:55 pm

Serie a might have played 3 at the back but the climate wasn't right for it to take over.
I'm not claiming we invented it ffs

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:57 pm

Leonardo's 4-2-4 Fantasia is the true savior Molenation

DAT Ambro--Pirlo pivot protecting the counter
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:00 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:Leonardo's 4-2-4 Fantasia is the true savior Molenation

DAT Ambro--Pirlo pivot protecting the counter

LMFAO

Good times Proud
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:24 pm

Cyber who will be the 3 in the back and the 2 wingbacks. Give us a possible lineup. Include Vidal if you want Laughing

I just looked at their fixture for the PL... 1st 8 games, FA :facepalm:
Swansea
@Sunderland
@Burnley
QPR
@Leicester
West Ham
Everton
@West Brom

If LVG isn't in the Top 4 in Late October he better get sacked!!!
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next