McAgger
Hapless_Hans
RealGunner
urbaNRoots
futbol
56 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The Mule League Denunciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mule League Denunciation Thread

Post by El Gunner Wed 16 Sep 2015, 00:31

I see what you mean

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

The Mule League Denunciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mule League Denunciation Thread

Post by futbol Wed 16 Sep 2015, 00:32

El Gunner wrote:BPL
El Gunner finding out about the North GLean censorship methods in 2015. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 00:34

Wow BPL is still censored?

EDIT: Yes it is.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed 16 Sep 2015, 00:35

Best league in the world had a scoreline of 9-0 on the day, good sirs.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed 16 Sep 2015, 00:53

btw if tomorrw Chelsea and Arsenal win each by 4-0 everyone is going to ease up off of the PL. They had a bad day but can bounce back

Or can get murked who knows, but it's only game week 1
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed 16 Sep 2015, 01:01

I mean, I have been making an honest attempt to watch more Serie A and have seen Juve's games so far. They are honestly struggling to find genuine form to be challenge for the title, far less win it. They'll eventually get there but as of now, it is a struggle.

And Man City still lost to them. And not even a jammy loss, like I saw it coming after the equaliser. Arsenal and Chelsea can win tomorrow and I'll still be laughing at City. Utd is different as I just don't think they'll do well in the UCL so any win would be a surprise for me.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed 16 Sep 2015, 01:27

Was anyone REALLY surprised by these results?

Honestly?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 01:29

At risk of simplifying things too much, both City and United did miss good chances tonight that might have changed the outcome of both games. Before we even look at the systemic flaws in English football, of which I'm sure they're plenty, there's the fundamental fact that Juve and PSV took their chances and City and United didn't.

Maybe the English teams will go on to fail spectacularly again, but it's only Matchday 1; there are five to go. I expect all four teams will qualify. From there it's just about luck of the draw i.e. avoiding Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atletico, Bayern, PSG and Juventus, who are simply superior teams.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed 16 Sep 2015, 01:31

Some what yes.

I expected City to get by a depleted and out of form Juve. Also is it wrong to expect United to beat PSV Laughing
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed 16 Sep 2015, 01:37

I expect City to make it too...But if Sevilla and Juve do instead, I wouldnt be the least bit surprised either.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed 16 Sep 2015, 02:37

Winter is Coming wrote:Some what yes.

I expected City to get by a depleted and out of form Juve. Also is it wrong to expect United to beat PSV Laughing

I didn't, also as i said before the game being depleted and out of form in the league means absolutely nothing.

How many times have we seen an experienced team who have done well in the CL before suddenly get the result they need in a big CL game despite poor league results? happens all the time.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by nadinkrah Wed 16 Sep 2015, 05:10

tbh, city dominated
nadinkrah
nadinkrah
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed 16 Sep 2015, 05:41

Agreed, I was worried when Kompany passed it to Joe Hart, thankfully we dealt with the passes from Hart to Sagna to Toure to Silva (In his own 3rd) to Fernandinho well enough though.

They didn't dominate shit, only somebody who sees the absolute bare minimum basics of football would come to that conclusion.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 07:03

This thread :bow:
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed 16 Sep 2015, 07:16

nadinkrah wrote:tbh, city dominated

I don't think you can say that to be fair. Juve just played to their strengths, it's what they do, stay back.

I think it was a pretty even game.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed 16 Sep 2015, 08:18

I like to talk the BPL up as much as the next Premface, but have to admit it's a biggish season for England in the CL. A step up in results is needed.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed 16 Sep 2015, 13:01

Dnmac4 wrote:I don't know what's worse, the fact that La Liga is the vastly superior product (hence it should be easy to sell the league) yet has the marketing skills of a 5 year old.
While it's true that BPL has the best marketing and much better than la Liga's, this statement implies that BPL profits are only a product of their good marketing, and that is false. This statement doesn't consider the fact that the PL is the most popular league in the world mostly because of the influence of the Commonwealth and English language.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed 16 Sep 2015, 13:40

Marketing and language has nothing to do with it.

It's because it's the most open and fast league so casuals will most likely enjoy it quicker.

It's the Call of Duty/Fast and Furious of football leagues.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed 16 Sep 2015, 14:35

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Marketing and language has nothing to do with it.
Yeah right Laughing

Anyway, let's not forget the PL WAS arguably the best league 10 years ago, so it's not surprising it has built a following in that time and continues to build on it.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed 16 Sep 2015, 14:35

It's because it's the most open and fast league so casuals will most likely enjoy it quicker.

i think it has. Not downplaying the other stiff you said but language plays a big part !

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed 16 Sep 2015, 14:39

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Yeah right Laughing

Anyway, let's not forget the PL WAS arguably the best league 10 years ago, so it's not surprising it has built a following in that time and continues to build on it.
Most of the kids who make up the reason it's so popular wasn't even watching then lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Wed 16 Sep 2015, 14:54

Not sure how you can say La liga is a vastly superior product, it all depend on the user/viewer to subjectively determine what is the better product. On the pitch success doesn't not equal a better product. it's all about appeal and what the viewers like. It is like saying Show X should do better then Show Y because it is a vastly superior product. It doesn't work like that.

I think there is a lot of factor, I would say to a degree language and marketing play some role.

Also from most American standpoint, the theatrical and play acting in La Liga is a major turn off for many. Not one wants to see grown mens act like a bunch wimps.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed 16 Sep 2015, 15:01

There's so much playacting and diving in the PL too though. Infinitely much more than in BuLi, for example.

And the 'more lenient refereeing, more manly challenges' point is much exaggerrated.

It's image mostly imo.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Wed 16 Sep 2015, 15:04

Oh yeah, diving would never taint the wonderfully pure and fair BPL Rolling Eyes
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed 16 Sep 2015, 15:08

While there is diving in all leagues................ La Liga is a spectacle when it comes to the theatrics. Laughing

Nothing will compete with LOL Liga. Laughing
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed 16 Sep 2015, 15:10

La Liga vastly superior than the BPL rofl
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next