McAgger
Hapless_Hans
RealGunner
urbaNRoots
futbol
56 posters

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The Mule League Denunciation Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Mule League Denunciation Thread

Post by El Gunner Wed 16 Sep 2015, 15:10

La Liga vastly superior than the BPL rofl

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

The Mule League Denunciation Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Mule League Denunciation Thread

Post by Helmer Wed 16 Sep 2015, 15:11

Cruijf wrote:Oh yeah, diving would never taint the wonderfully pure and fair BPL Rolling Eyes

no it is the foreigners who have brought that in England hmm

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed 16 Sep 2015, 15:48

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Marketing and language has nothing to do with it.

It's because it's the most open and fast league so casuals will most likely enjoy it quicker.

It's the Call of Duty/Fast and Furious of football leagues.

You are very wrong.

People can only choose what they are offered, and La Liga just wasn't broadcasted in most of ex british colonies since many years ago, while BPL obviously was.

Same reason while La Liga is the most watched foreign league in South America, because of language and being ex-colonies, but differently from BPL, in south America they have their own football leagues that are popular, hence La Liga revenue there is not comparable to BPL in commonwealth countries.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by nadinkrah Wed 16 Sep 2015, 15:52

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Agreed, I was worried when Kompany passed it to Joe Hart, thankfully we dealt with the passes from Hart to Sagna to Toure to Silva (In his own 3rd) to Fernandinho well enough though.

They didn't dominate shit, only somebody who sees the absolute bare minimum basics of football would come to that conclusion.
lol nothing wrong with getting dominated and winning buddy. if Aguero played, this thread wouldn't exist. City wasted far too many chances.
nadinkrah
nadinkrah
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed 16 Sep 2015, 16:24

Hapless_Hans wrote:There's so much playacting and diving in the PL too though. Infinitely much more than in BuLi, for example.

And the 'more lenient refereeing, more manly challenges' point is much exaggerrated.

It's image mostly imo.

Nowhere near as much as LOL Liga though, there is more diving than actual football lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed 16 Sep 2015, 17:22

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:It's because it's the most open and fast league so casuals will most likely enjoy it quicker.

I dont agree with that part. It is without a doubt the 2nd most of that kind, but the German league is basically a tennis game at times.

Nearly every non Bayern game I watch, someone is turning in the midfield and running every 2 minutes.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed 16 Sep 2015, 17:28

That's true Laughing

Maybe why i like it hmm although to be truthful i like watching Bayern and Dortmund.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 18:39

Prem is the best because of its marketing and subtle brainwashing, think about when the prem was great in the cl for a couple seasons, the best and strongest league arguments kicked off, and since the decline best/strongest switched to most competitive and entertaining.

some of the basic stuff happens in the prem, the commentator love getting in that "only happens in the prem and no where else" rubbish Laughing.

about the prem being most entertaining, some of the most awful football and tactics, happens weekly in the prem that why things look a lot closer than it needs to be, apply proper tactics and structure like SAF,  even with a past it united side could win the league or challenge for it easily, mou goes out specifically looking to play like crap, etc, a lot of the games are awful to look at, its all marketing to get casual to think more of the prem than it actually is.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed 16 Sep 2015, 18:58

chad4401 wrote:subtle brainwashing
Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Wed 16 Sep 2015, 22:43

Arsenal clearly needs to revisit the transfer window and buy some players.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 22:55

Blue wrote:Not sure how you can say La liga is a vastly superior product, it all depend on the user/viewer to subjectively determine what is the better product. On the pitch success doesn't not equal a better product. it's all about appeal and what the viewers like. It is like saying Show X should do better then Show Y because it is a vastly superior product. It doesn't work like that.

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Marketing and language has nothing to do with it.

It's because it's the most open and fast league so casuals will most likely enjoy it quicker.

I think there is a lot of factor, I would say to a degree language and marketing play some role.

Also from most American standpoint, the theatrical and play acting in La Liga is a major turn off for many. Not one wants to see grown mens act like a bunch wimps.

LOL, La Liga has better teams and the two best players on earth. Not to mention probably the 4 or 5 best players on earth.

The teams in the league play great football from a tactics standpoint and an individual brilliance standpoint as well.

At some point results on the field do matter, you can throw all your "it's subjective to each viewer" stuff all you want and while that's obvious as any viewer can choose any league, La Liga is a vastly superior product on every level except marketing.

Better players- Check
Better tactics- Check
Players allowed to express themselves- Check
Success against other leagues- Check
A League top players want to play in- Check

I mean again La Liga at this point in time is the vastly superior product.

I would argue the two things EPL has going for it is a tabloid type of coverage of the league (See how Chelsea has a terrible start yet Mou is the top story every week) Mou hated the fact that the Spanish and Italian Media dare question him and not treat him like the king of the league.

And for some reason new football fans tend to choose to follow an EPL team so in turn they follow the league which IMO is down to better marketing.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed 16 Sep 2015, 23:07

EPL allows for tactical laziness by the managers... You're just not challenged in that department and you're allowed to stick to your base setup. Even if a manger wants to switch tactics for CL, it's tough because he wouldn't use it in EPL... So the players have no familiarity.

If you're not exposed to things, you're vulnerable.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed 16 Sep 2015, 23:08

And EPL teams are not dominant enough to impose their will... So the only option is to adapt tactically. Very difficult for the reasons I mentioned above.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed 16 Sep 2015, 23:13

La Liga v EPL are opposite football cultures. One emphasizes directness while the other focuses on ball control. When they clash in a game, the recent results show which style is able to neutralize the other.

There's more one debate here:
- more effective
- more enjoyable to watch for hardcore fans
- more enjoyable for casual fans
- better competition
- better atmosphere
- hype v reality
Etc.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 23:20

sportsczy wrote:La Liga v EPL are opposite football cultures. One emphasizes directness while the other focuses on ball control. When they clash in a game, the recent results show which style is able to neutralize the other.

There's more one debate here:
- more effective
- more enjoyable to watch for hardcore fans
- more enjoyable for casual fans
- better competition
- better atmosphere
- hype v reality
Etc.

Agreed and I could care less if someone likes the EPL better than La Liga, it's there right.

But La Liga is the better product for a lot of different reasons some of which were not true 5 to 10 years ago.

There are many factors going into it but to just write of winning the actual games is a huge mistake IMO
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed 16 Sep 2015, 23:22

by La liga you mean the big 3 right ?

Valencia and Sevilla aren't all that ... and i'd rather watch a Swansea vs West ham for example than any Liga match not involving 2 top 5 teams .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed 16 Sep 2015, 23:26

farfan wrote:by La liga you mean the big 3 right ?

Valencia and Sevilla aren't all that ... and i'd rather watch a Swansea vs West ham for example than any Liga match not involving 2 top 5 teams .
They really aren't. They are B-Level teams that flatter to deceive....... a lot.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 23:27

farfan wrote:by La liga you mean the big 3 right ?

Well Sevilla vs Barcelona was basically the best game of the season so far and Sevilla have done incredibly well in Europe, so no I don't mean the big 3.

Lower level EPL games are painful to watch to me.  No tactics, no English flavor really where there is a Spanish style to a lot of the lower level teams in La Liga.  Hell some teams only have players from there region, try that on in England.

I enjoy watching La Liga games if the top 3 are playing or not.  There isn't a ton of bus parking and teams go after it.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed 16 Sep 2015, 23:28

ah, you're one of those " i can't watch a fun intense game because of the poor tactics man !! "
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 23:30

Tactics are part of football.

This isn't toddlers playing, THEY ARE PROFESSIONALS
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 23:33

I can enjoy any game.

Any league can have a great game but by in large I like to see teams play football not stand in front of the goal for 90 minutes and hoof it up field to a striker that isn't very clinical.

The mid to lower level teams in the EPl are really pretty bad from how they play to who they buy, it's just a mashing together of names with no cohesive style.

It's ugly, for lack of a better word.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed 16 Sep 2015, 23:35

Dnmac, come on man. Laughing

We get it man, the EPL is very overrated and extremely flawed. Laughing

I don't think anyone is hyping up to crazy standards that they once were.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed 16 Sep 2015, 23:36

I've seen highly entertaining games in lower level games often... Quality and enjoyable are two different and separate things. I enjoy watching the EPL very much because the talent is good and it's more competitive than the other leagues. However, I think the commercial success of the domestic product has made the league either lazy or protective of it's style or both. I don't think the EPL values European success as much as other leagues... Simply because they have more to gain financially by succeeding in the EPL. It's the only league that can say that.

The only way that changes is if the league's top 3 status in UEFA coefficient is challenged and it currently isn't.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 23:40

izzy wrote:Dnmac, come on man. Laughing

We get it man, the EPL is very overrated and extremely flawed. Laughing

I don't think anyone is hyping up to crazy standards that they once were.
I've been responding to other people. Get mad at them
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 23:45

sportsczy wrote:I've seen highly entertaining games in lower level games often... Quality and enjoyable are two different and separate things. I enjoy watching the EPL very much because the talent is good and it's more competitive than the other leagues. However, I think the commercial success of the domestic product has made the league either lazy or protective of it's style or both. I don't think the EPL values European success as much as other leagues... Simply because they have more to gain financially by succeeding in the EPL. It's the only league that can say that.

The only way that changes is if the league's top 3 status in UEFA coefficient is challenged and it currently isn't.

I can't agree with this.

Most teams (so I'm not singling out the EPL here) will fire there manager with a quickness if they fail in Europe and start a whole new project.

Hell Spurs go through managers like water and there not really even good enough to make a dent in Europe.

To say EPL teams don't care about Europe IMO is false. Wenger is the only exception and Arsenal generally minus last year lose to better teams.

Most European teams would all rather win the CL than there domestic league. Hell Gerrard if I'm correct never even won the league but is living off that CL win.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed 16 Sep 2015, 23:51

Dnmac4 wrote:Hell Gerrard if I'm correct never even won the league but is living off that CL win.
Not true. He is CONSTANTLY ridiculed for not winning a PL, but most people blame Pool for never putting a great team around him consistently.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next