Harmonica
Hapless_Hans
Lucifer
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sicilian defense - Page 2 Empty Re: Sicilian defense

Post by titosantill Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:12 am

@casciavit, i doubt del bosque, guardiola, rafa, nor enrique would say that. (depending on who they're facing). let's be realistic, even mourinho for what its worth never went through a whole season where his team just played 11 behind the ball. his teams never really played a possession game neither, but they didn't always sit back and play 11 at the back depending on who they faced.

there are very many teams that sit deep for long stretches of the game and lose. not many small teams try to control the pace, not always because they don't have the players, but cos they're facing a better team. if team A holds the ball and they have robben, hazard, di maria, and aguero on their team, team B with a bunch of no-names and less talent have no choice but to sit back, because of circumstance, not because its easy....and guess what, with sitting back, team B could still let in 6 goals.

not every team that sits back wins, big teams that sit back can pull off victories cos they also have offensive talent... and that team i mentioned with hazard, di maria, kun and robben; if you suggest to them that they should sit deep for 90 mins, and not have the ball every game they play, they'll have you fired

titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:58 pm

linetty wrote:Defending with your entire team is surely easier than having to deal with counter attacks while holding a high line?

It is. If two amateur teams similarly talented play, almost always the one counterattacking wins in my experience.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:03 pm

Casciavit wrote:I'm sure if you ask any coach in the world, if it's easier to take the initiative and control the game, or sit back and defend in numbers, they'd all say the second option.

Yeah. It seems pretty straightforward and yet I got called arrogant stating the obvious?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:20 pm

You guys dats what am trying to say.it requires special set of qualities to defend countinously for long stretch of time and then with single pass take attack to opposition. Italians are better in it than others imo

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:00 pm

Ac Milan fan on quora.com" chess game make you feel bored, I understand why Italian football bore you. ;-)

because, in typical Italian game, we win by outwitting the opponent, not out speed, nor out muscle, or even nor out number the opponent. O:-)

AC Milan win against Liverpool in Champion league final back then because, Milan identify Liverpool player wall tendency to split, so they put Inzaghi there to head the ball thru the wall.

Pirlo Panenka penalty in Europe 2012 is because he now opponent goalkeeper tendency to jump before kick.

Many other examples, but yes, Italian game is battle of prophylaxis, to counter the opponent strategy before even executed. :-)

Remind me of Petrosian chess.

This beauty can only grasped by those smart enough who understands. ;-)"

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: