Harmonica
Hapless_Hans
Lucifer
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sicilian defense Empty Sicilian defense

Post by Lucifer Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:45 am

First of all I must admit I am new football fanatic. Enjoyed cricket more which sadly has become one sided circus nowadays. I couldn't understand why football is most popular sport in world for all it has 22 players kcking shit out of ball without skill and technique.

Then as I started following it closely I must admit it is the most skill and technique demanding sport. I am totally lost in love with dis beautiful sport Razz I am so naive dat at like messi and Ronaldo  both, I enjoy Barca possession game as well as Madrid counterattacks Mad  tongue  

all was going swiftly den on a fateful day I watched serie a game. I was bored to death. Couldn't understand how can you take most exhilarating sport and convert it to such boring thing.

Later as I read about it I started giving it more time and can you believe it nothing gets motor going nowadays like Italian football. They play it like chess every pass every move has purpose. The way they win freekicks and fouls is so amazing and very cunning.

So in nutshell personally I rate Italian style better than passing of Spain or physicality of England or aggression of Germany or flair of South americans. Plz discuss :coffee:

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Sicilian defense Empty Re: Sicilian defense

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:36 pm

The Sicilian defense's strength is the reason why, statistically speaking, it's better to play with black than with white. Fact.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:58 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:The Sicilian defense's strength is the reason why, statistically speaking, it's better to play with black than with white. Fact.
Wrong.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:20 pm

Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:51 pm

we have a shiny new troll in da house. pirat
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by zenmaster Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:49 pm

Welcome Laughing
zenmaster
zenmaster
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:42 pm

Exactly! in Sicilian defense u jst sit back let opponent take control of middle and wait for perfect timing to strike back but u c its not as easy . u have to be very cunning very composed Swift and skillfully otherwise ur rear is taken very badly

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:49 pm

Pirloisjesus wrote:

all was going swiftly den on a fateful day I watched serie a game. I was bored to death. Couldn't understand how can you take most exhilarating sport and convert it to such boring thing.

My man.

Pirloisjesus wrote:

Later as I read about it I started giving it more time and can you believe it nothing gets motor going nowadays like Italian football. They play it like chess every pass every move has purpose. The way they win freekicks and fouls is so amazing and very cunning.

So in nutshell personally I rate Italian style better than passing of Spain or physicality of England or aggression of Germany or flair of South americans. Plz discuss :coffee:

GTFO, pleb.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:59 pm

futbol wrote:
Pirloisjesus wrote:

common I know I am lame but seriously give it a time bruh Italians grow on u mark my words .in the world of brainless crossing and endless passing dis style does offer something u can cherish lyk those con movies

My man.

Pirloisjesus wrote:

GTFO, pleb.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:10 pm

It's just the easiest way to play football.

Those who can actually pass the ball really fast and with great accuracy, those who can get the ball back very fast if they lose it and break through tight lines of defenders are the ones who deserve most praise.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:18 pm

No friend it may be boring it may be anything anything but not easy at all. u need men with steel balls to absorb the pressure u need great skill to turn a defense into attack with single pass and u need deadly finishers who need no second invitation. Ofcourse its ideal and none of present Italian teams come closer to it except juve upto some extent. RM vs juve was classic case

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:27 pm

linetty wrote:It's just the easiest way to play football.

:facepalm:

This level of ignorance is insane.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:27 pm

Possession football was always more difficult for me.

You have to face an entire team infront of goal all the time. When you sit back and counter you have lots of space.

When you build from the back you have to be really sharp 1v1 and you basically have no backup, you're on your own.

You also have to engage your fullbacks to create more passing options up front which leaves biggers gaps out in the back.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:31 pm

izzy wrote:
linetty wrote:It's just the easiest way to play football.

:facepalm:

This level of ignorance is insane.

What's your problem?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:40 pm

linetty wrote:Possession football was always more difficult for me.

You have to face an entire team infront of goal all the time. When you sit back and counter you have lots of space.

When you build from the back you have to be really sharp 1v1 and you basically have no backup, you're on your own.

You also have to engage your fullbacks to create more passing options up front which leaves biggers gaps out in the back.

It goes both ways brother

If a possession based team has 80% of the ball
That means the counter attacking team has to deal with that pressure and when they do have the ball, make the most of it. It requires a lot of discipline and tactical awareness.

Possession can be as difficult or more difficult to play, one is basically the antithesis of the other but I wouldn't say one is easier to play than the other.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:41 pm

Possession fuball is indeed difficult and requires excellent ball control. But teams lyk Dortmund or Madrid or even full strength Liverpool can make ur lyf miserable by endless pressing. Besides which except Barca has players with said ability. Even Barca these days don't have it hence more emphasis is n counterattacks

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:30 pm

linetty wrote:Possession football was always more difficult for me.

then play counter attack.

by the way, defending is easy ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:35 pm

Defending with your entire team is surely easier than having to deal with counter attacks while holding a high line?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:05 pm

linetty wrote:Defending with your entire team is surely easier than having to deal with counter attacks while holding a high line?
i agree 100%.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:07 pm

It's not you give up attack u defend lyk ur lyf depends on it on top of that if unfortunately u concede then ur in deep shit

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:45 am

Pirloisjesus wrote:It's not you give up attack u defend lyk ur lyf depends on it on top of that if unfortunately u concede then ur in deep shit
but its still easier to sit back and defend than it is to press high and go on the attack.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:39 am

there's no easier or more difficult. everything depends on the personnel you have and the opponent you're facing. we assume its easier to sit back because you don't necessarily need players who are technically gifted on the ball to execute it...however it takes some level of commitment, skill and mental toughness to go through 90 mins of every game of every season to do that. There isn't one approach that fits all. there have been garbage teams that felt it was easy to sit back and defend, and most of them go nowhere in a long 50 plus game season....when we see big teams execute such tactics we immediately assume its easy for everyone to do. but big teams usually have a mix of technical players and grit or defensive minded players to pull it off

titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:11 am

titosantill wrote:there's no easier or more difficult. everything depends on the personnel you have and the opponent you're facing. we assume its easier to sit back because you don't necessarily need players who are technically gifted on the ball to execute it...however it takes some level of commitment, skill and mental toughness to go through 90 mins of every game of every season to do that. There isn't one approach that fits all. there have been garbage teams that felt it was easy to sit back and defend, and most of them go nowhere in a long 50 plus game season....when we see big teams execute such tactics we immediately assume its easy for everyone to do. but big teams usually have a mix of technical players and grit or defensive minded players to pull it off

couldn't state better

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:32 am

I'm sure if you ask any coach in the world, if it's easier to take the initiative and control the game, or sit back and defend in numbers, they'd all say the second option.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:12 am

@casciavit, i doubt del bosque, guardiola, rafa, nor enrique would say that. (depending on who they're facing). let's be realistic, even mourinho for what its worth never went through a whole season where his team just played 11 behind the ball. his teams never really played a possession game neither, but they didn't always sit back and play 11 at the back depending on who they faced.

there are very many teams that sit deep for long stretches of the game and lose. not many small teams try to control the pace, not always because they don't have the players, but cos they're facing a better team. if team A holds the ball and they have robben, hazard, di maria, and aguero on their team, team B with a bunch of no-names and less talent have no choice but to sit back, because of circumstance, not because its easy....and guess what, with sitting back, team B could still let in 6 goals.

not every team that sits back wins, big teams that sit back can pull off victories cos they also have offensive talent... and that team i mentioned with hazard, di maria, kun and robben; if you suggest to them that they should sit deep for 90 mins, and not have the ball every game they play, they'll have you fired
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next