EL Patron
RealGunner
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Crystal Palace Vs Arsenal - Page 2 Empty Re: Crystal Palace Vs Arsenal

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:43 pm

on Mesut Ozil…
He had a very good performance. He was important getting out from the back, getting out of tight areas. It is a pleasure to watch the quality of his passing and the intelligence of his passing. What I told you is what I want from him more is a few more goals this season. For the rest of the build-up in the game he was magnificent. He works harder than people thinks he does. He is not spectacular in his defending but he wants to do the job, he wants to help the team. What I liked in his game today was he made many runs without the ball behind the defenders, which is a bit new as he likes to come with the ball. Today he mixed up his game better.

on Santi Cazorla…
Cazorla in important the start of the game when the ball comes from our defenders, because he can pass from deep midfield to high midfield better than everybody and get out of pressure. That’s why I positioned him more central. He is not any more a player on the flanks who can overlap and cross the ball.

Read more at http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20150816/the-boss-on-victory-alexis-and-ozil#U9HQhZrhzDOTIQDh.99

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:55 pm

RealGunner wrote:on Mesut Ozil…
He had a very good performance. He was important getting out from the back, getting out of tight areas. It is a pleasure to watch the quality of his passing and the intelligence of his passing. What I told you is what I want from him more is a few more goals this season. For the rest of the build-up in the game he was magnificent. He works harder than people thinks he does. He is not spectacular in his defending but he wants to do the job, he wants to help the team. What I liked in his game today was he made many runs without the ball behind the defenders, which is a bit new as he likes to come with the ball. Today he mixed up his game better.

Off the ball movement was always part of Özil's game, it surprises me that he only noticed this now.
RealGunner wrote:on Santi Cazorla…
Cazorla in important the start of the game when the ball comes from our defenders, because he can pass from deep midfield to high midfield better than everybody and get out of pressure. That’s why I positioned him more central. He is not any more a player on the flanks who can overlap and cross the ball.

Read more at http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20150816/the-boss-on-victory-alexis-and-ozil#U9HQhZrhzDOTIQDh.99

This will sound funny when he plays him in the wings again.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:18 pm

Think he is making CM his own

which is interesting because I think with each game, Arsene will try to use more players instead of Coquelin. Like Wilshere

We've never seen Wilshere-Cazorla as the pivot before.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:05 pm

Cazorla is our best CM. One of our few players who are undroppable.

In the big games Coquelin is still a must, but we can try different variations of Ramsey/Wilshere-Cazorla against weaker teams when we are fully in control of the game.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:17 pm

Coquelin used the ball better today since our shape was better. He didn't need to make many difficult passes since Cazorla plays closer to him and Ramsey can become a passing option by coming off the flank. He had a 93% pass success rate today, compared to the 85% he had against West Ham last week.

I'm going to look out for that when I watch the game back eventually.

Have to say I was worried when I saw the line-up that Cazorla would be LW and Alexis would be RW and everything would be horrible, so well done to Wenger for going back to his best set-up.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:09 pm

I have a bad feeling that if that is our best setup we are in for a long season. Again!

We probably used up most of our luck this year not finishing the first half down a man. We still are playing very confined spaces without any width and are relying on trying to park the bus for the last 15 to secure 3 points.

A win is what we were all looking for I just wish that I thought we looked good getting it.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:21 pm

You didn't think we looked good?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:32 pm

urbaNRoots wrote::facepalm:

In your face
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:41 pm

Wat
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:42 pm

He said in your face, don't take it mate.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:49 pm

Today the result was more important than the performance but we managed to deliver both. Palace came out to attack today unlike West ham last week so we had more space to play. We also worked harder without the ball which was a big plus today. You need to be up for a scrap in these sort of games. I think we need sort out our finishing in these sort of games in order to avoid these nervy finishes to games. With the amount of chances we create, we should be out of be killing games early and not giving teams lifelines. The chances we got in front of goals today if it was Chelsea or City then they score at least 3 or 4, i remember Chelsea killing games and being out of sight early last year . We need ha to be more clinical if we want to be up there this year.

I think Theo will start against Liverpool, wether its wide or upfront. I am not sure but i can see Arsene starting him. We will need his pace and the runs he makes.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:10 pm

After Giroud's goal he'll likely start next week.

6unner wrote:I have a bad feeling that if that is our best setup we are in for a long season. Again!

We probably used up most of our luck this year not finishing the first half down a man. We still are playing very confined spaces without any width and are relying on trying to park the bus for the last 15 to secure 3 points.

A win is what we were all looking for I just wish that I thought we looked good getting it.

Not playing with any width yet both goals came from crosses from wide positions, and created plenty of chances all game despite playing the game in confined spaces.

Granted, the ending to the game should have been a lot more controlled and we did have luck, but we played well today. Also I don't see how you can conclude that this set-up = long season when this set-up won us 8 games in a row and a cup final in the second half of last season.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:22 pm

Huge win, we could not afford to drop points. I know its his first game back, but I thought Arteta did really well when he came on.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:01 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:After Giroud's goal he'll likely start next week.

6unner wrote:I have a bad feeling that if that is our best setup we are in for a long season. Again!

Not playing with any width yet both goals came from crosses from wide positions, and created plenty of chances all game despite playing the game in confined spaces.

Granted, the ending to the game should have been a lot more controlled and we did have luck, but we played well today. Also I don't see how you can conclude that this set-up = long season when this set-up won us 8 games in a row and a cup final in the second half of last season.

Don't forget about being out classed by the new power house West Ham!

Two games with two crosses with the vast majority of the rest of our possession being everyone except our CB's and possibly 1 FB sitting on one side of the final third. Allowing for the entire opposition to be between us and the goal. Everyone goes forward migrates to one side condensing the space for passing and movement until we either loose the ball or kick it back to our CBs as start the process over. Not a proper winger on one side and hardly a look at the fullback.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:19 pm

Lost to West Ham playing a different set-up, funnily enough.

Arsenal attempted 23 crosses against Palace; 10 of them came form Ozil alone, 4 from Monreal and 3 from Bellerin and Alexis.

Width was not an issue, nor was "playing in condensed space". We had 20 shots, only four of them were from outside the penalty area. 17 of those shots were created in open play.

I'm failing to see what the issue was.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2