Why should we watch result oriented shet football when we can just check the scoreboard ?

+15
Abramovich
LeBéninois
Lord Spencer
Myesyats
Helmer
Great Leader Sprucenuce
El Gunner
Art Morte
VivaStPauli
Sri
Kick
gnrfan
Cruijf
guest_07
Adit
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Why should we watch result oriented shet football when we can just check the scoreboard ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why should we watch result oriented shet football when we can just check the scoreboard ?

Post by gnrfan Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:26 pm

Kick wrote:
gnrfan wrote:I've got the same question for you? Why are you a fan of football?  To use an analogy a Strine would understand, are you the type who'd also a enjoy a test cricket match with 20 maiden overs in a row, just for the "great bowling m8?" Because that's what it's like to watch chelsea be an eyesore in any big game, and hearmou's zombies parrot that line about great defense. And I could understand some sentimental attachment if you were from London, or if you'd been supporting them since the 90s or something but you're a 22 year old from Oz. You like winning. That's fine, but there are less painful ways to get that fix you know. You should check out the Harlem Globetrotters..

Mate, you're on a roll, not only are you in the 'why bother even supporting your team unless they play beautiful football' camp, but you're also in the 'Oh you clearly aren't a local fan so you must be a glory hunter' camp Proud

I've stated many times on this forum that I started supporting Chelsea in 2000 after getting a Chelsea shirt for my birthday from my Uncle (who is also a Chelsea fan) You can even read it in a post from 2012 Here.

As for the actual answer, I watch Chelsea play because I love the club, the love the players and I love the manager, regardless of how they play. I want nothing more than to see them win, regardless of how they play (I actually find it amazing when we win the big games with 30% odd possession) and I'll support them no matter what league they are in, who their players are or how good they are.

Aww thats nice. If you aren't already, I suggest you watch the UEFA supercup going on right now. You'll see what it means to play football.

gnrfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Why should we watch result oriented shet football when we can just check the scoreboard ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why should we watch result oriented shet football when we can just check the scoreboard ?

Post by gnrfan Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:27 pm

And no this isn't Xavi's secret account
gnrfan
gnrfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:21 pm

Milan currently cannot help playing awful football. They are just shit.

However, they are my team and I am going to support them regardless.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:37 pm

gnrfan ignoring my cricket post Sad

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:49 am

gnrfan wrote:
Kick wrote:
gnrfan wrote:I've got the same question for you? Why are you a fan of football?  To use an analogy a Strine would understand, are you the type who'd also a enjoy a test cricket match with 20 maiden overs in a row, just for the "great bowling m8?" Because that's what it's like to watch chelsea be an eyesore in any big game, and hearmou's zombies parrot that line about great defense. And I could understand some sentimental attachment if you were from London, or if you'd been supporting them since the 90s or something but you're a 22 year old from Oz. You like winning. That's fine, but there are less painful ways to get that fix you know. You should check out the Harlem Globetrotters..

Mate, you're on a roll, not only are you in the 'why bother even supporting your team unless they play beautiful football' camp, but you're also in the 'Oh you clearly aren't a local fan so you must be a glory hunter' camp Proud

I've stated many times on this forum that I started supporting Chelsea in 2000 after getting a Chelsea shirt for my birthday from my Uncle (who is also a Chelsea fan) You can even read it in a post from 2012 Here.

As for the actual answer, I watch Chelsea play because I love the club, the love the players and I love the manager, regardless of how they play. I want nothing more than to see them win, regardless of how they play (I actually find it amazing when we win the big games with 30% odd possession) and I'll support them no matter what league they are in, who their players are or how good they are.

Aww thats nice. If you aren't already, I suggest you watch the UEFA supercup going on right now. You'll see what it means to play football.

Wow. Just wow.

You think that just because I am a Chelsea fan, I haven't seen Barca play? Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:44 pm

Everybody likes great football. Reason why everyone watches many teams other than the one they support. When someone support a club it's because they like the club for many reasons ( because they play great football is only one of them ).
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:46 pm

Why am I not surprised with who made this thread Laughing.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:14 pm

LeBéninois wrote:Everybody likes great football. Reason why everyone watches many teams other than the one they support. When someone support a club it's because they like the club for many reasons ( because they play great football is only one of them ).

It's certainly not why I support any of my favorite clubs.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by gnrfan Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:33 pm

Kick wrote:
gnrfan wrote:
Kick wrote:

Wow. Just wow.

You think that just because I am a Chelsea fan, I haven't seen Barca play? Laughing

Bruh, think of it this way(once again using Aussie analogies). I'm seeing a kid  who has grown up a a steady diet of garbage like Danii Minogue and Iggy Azalea. Just because you have rare exposure to the class music like AC/DC(Barca) doesn't mean you'll suddenly change your ways. Old habits die hard after all. I pointed out the occasion of a great match(and it was a terrific match) so you can start building a long lasting, good habit(am I a good samaritan or what?).  There are many beautiful options in life( Barca, Bayern, Real Madrid, Atletico for underdog spirit, even Bilbao and Rayo Vallecano). By wasting time on the diahrrhea Mou serves up you're just numbing yourself on the inside and losing appreciation for the beautiful things.

Last edited by Kick on Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Profanity removal - Kick)
gnrfan
gnrfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:37 pm

gnrfan wrote:Bruh, think of it this way(once again using Aussie analogies). I'm seeing a kid  who has grown up a a steady diet of garbage like Danii Minogue and Iggy Azalea. Just because you have rare exposure to the class music like AC/DC(Barca) doesn't mean you'll suddenly change your ways. Old habits die hard after all. I pointed out the occasion of a great match(and it was a fvcking terrific match) so you can start building a long lasting, good habit(am I a good samaritan or what?).  There are many beautiful options in life( Barca, Bayern, Real Madrid, Atletico for underdog spirit, even Bilbao and Rayo Vallecano). By wasting time on the diahrrhea Mou serves up you're just numbing yourself on the inside and losing appreciation for the beautiful things.

I'm Sorry, excuse me if I'm wrong here, but are you trying to tell Kick about what type of football he should enjoy watching?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by gnrfan Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:38 pm

And forgive me for for taking you're claim of "seeing barca play" seriously. We can see from the many Utd fans who think they're signing some kind of canary islands maradona with pedro that watching barca once in a blue moon doesn't mean anything. If you followed Barca closely last season(both valencia matches, home vs rayo, vs sevilla away, vs villareal. atletico home, vs celta) you would not see dpl the same.
gnrfan
gnrfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:39 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
LeBéninois wrote:Everybody likes great football. Reason why everyone watches many teams other than the one they support. When someone support a club it's because they like the club for many reasons ( because they play great football is only one of them ).
Me too. It's the same with NT . I enjoy watching the low quality football of my NT more than Spain or Germany simply because it gave me more emotions.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gnrfan Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:40 pm

izzy wrote:I'm Sorry, excuse me if I'm wrong here, but are you trying to tell Kick about what type of football he should enjoy watching?
In the same way a concerned adult would tell a 15 year old who weighs 300 lb to eat some veggies. It's basic human compassion/decency.
gnrfan
gnrfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:41 pm

gnrfan wrote:And forgive me for for taking you're claim of "seeing barca play" seriously. We can see from the many Utd fans who think they're signing some kind of canary islands maradona with pedro that watching barca once in a blue moon doesn't mean anything. If you followed Barca closely last season(both valencia matches, home vs rayo, vs sevilla away, vs villareal. atletico home, vs celta) you would not see dpl the same.
I'm pretty sure that most of Man u fans know Pedro's level.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:44 pm

gnrfan wrote:In the same way a concerned adult would tell a 15 year old who weighs 300 lb to eat some veggies. It's basic human compassion/decency.
So, you are actually telling him that his subjective opinion on the football he enjoys to watch is wrong?

That's like telling someone that the music they listen to is wrong.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:49 pm

I like how ya'll are having a discussion over a troll philosoraptor meme.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:30 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
Same here, sadly Sad (At least where RWO is concerned)

BMG, on the other hand,  play good football, but that was not the reason why I started watching their matches :wub:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:04 pm

windkick wrote:I like how ya'll are having a discussion over a troll philosoraptor meme.
Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:07 pm

windkick wrote:I like how ya'll are having a discussion over a troll philosoraptor meme.

Philosoraptor is legit tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:40 am

gnrfan wrote:
Kick wrote:
gnrfan wrote:

Wow. Just wow.

Bruh, think of it this way(once again using Aussie analogies). I'm seeing a kid  who has grown up a a steady diet of garbage like Danii Minogue and Iggy Azalea. Just because you have rare exposure to the class music like AC/DC(Barca) doesn't mean you'll suddenly change your ways. Old habits die hard after all. I pointed out the occasion of a great match(and it was a ******* terrific match) so you can start building a long lasting, good habit(am I a good samaritan or what?).  There are many beautiful options in life( Barca, Bayern, Real Madrid, Atletico for underdog spirit, even Bilbao and Rayo Vallecano). By wasting time on the diahrrhea Mou serves up you're just numbing yourself on the inside and losing appreciation for the beautiful things.

First off, I am a Kiwi, not an Aussie.

Second, you clearly didn't read RedO's update to the rules, -25% for Profanity.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by gnrfan Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:17 am

Kick wrote:
First off, I am a Kiwi, not an Aussie.

I just saw the union jack. Resolution wasnt good enough to see the red stars. My sincerest apologies.

Kick wrote:
Second, you clearly didn't read RedO's update to the rules, -25% for Profanity.

Take it easy breh. A warning wouldn't suffice? I mean this isn't an elementary school classroom. If anyone's sensibilities were hurt after reading that they need counselling, similar to a certain manager who acts like a hormonal teenage girl.
gnrfan
gnrfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:55 am

why not?
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum