Why should we watch result oriented shet football when we can just check the scoreboard ?

+15
Abramovich
LeBéninois
Lord Spencer
Myesyats
Helmer
Great Leader Sprucenuce
El Gunner
Art Morte
VivaStPauli
Sri
Kick
gnrfan
Cruijf
guest_07
Adit
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Why should we watch result oriented shet football when we can just check the scoreboard ? Empty Why should we watch result oriented shet football when we can just check the scoreboard ?

Post by Adit Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:41 am

Why should we watch result oriented shet football when we can just check the scoreboard ? Pdf4c
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Why should we watch result oriented shet football when we can just check the scoreboard ? Empty Re: Why should we watch result oriented shet football when we can just check the scoreboard ?

Post by guest_07 Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:44 am

because we love shit football?

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Why should we watch result oriented shet football when we can just check the scoreboard ? Empty Re: Why should we watch result oriented shet football when we can just check the scoreboard ?

Post by Cruijf Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:52 am

Nah, it's because we love our teams. Result oriented football is great when it's our team doing it. When it's against us, that's when it's a disgrace, anti-football, etc.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by gnrfan Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:03 am

I know this thread was made in jest, but I've always wondered this abt chelsea fans. Especially two years ago when mou was parking the bus in every high profile match, including against an atletico squad that cost a fraction of his. Chelsea fans were banging on about results being all that matters...maybe to mourinho who's paid to win but what about you? If all you care about is winning and being a part of a successful organization, then why even watch football? Just follow the results in the paper and watch highlights. or better yet follow the Goldman Sachs or Apple stock prices and get your jollies from that.

Edit: Looking at the latest apple prices i think it might be time to stop checking up on those. Might hurt your self esteem that one of your stocks is struggling.
gnrfan
gnrfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:32 am

As yes, the old 'why bother even supporting your team unless they play beautiful football'.

I really have to question whether you're actually a fan if you ask this Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by gnrfan Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:20 am

I've got the same question for you? Why are you a fan of football?  To use an analogy a Strine would understand, are you the type who'd also a enjoy a test cricket match with 20 maiden overs in a row, just for the "great bowling m8?" Because that's what it's like to watch chelsea be an eyesore in any big game, and hearmou's zombies parrot that line about great defense. And I could understand some sentimental attachment if you were from London, or if you'd been supporting them since the 90s or something but you're a 22 year old from Oz. You like winning. That's fine, but there are less painful ways to get that fix you know. You should check out the Harlem Globetrotters..
gnrfan
gnrfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:26 am

Spoiler:

hmm

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:41 am

Because even with shit football it's still exciting to not know the outcome?
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:18 am

I like the pain.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:20 am

I know this is going to sound cringe, but for me (at least, personally) how i've always approached it is out of passion that started when I was very young.
And I think with most fans this is genuinely the case. Football has become a part of our lives and it has become to represent so much (even the simplest of things you might not pay attention to or notice), so watching your football team, whether they play shit awful or wonderfully, it is more about the intangible string that tied itself between you and your club sometime ago.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:46 am

"Anthropologists have always had a hard time with football. The trouble is, you can only see what's on the outside. But there is an inside, believe it or not. We all have our reasons for loving things the way we do.

It's not easy to become a football fan. It takes years. But if you put in the hours you're welcomed, without question, into a new family. Except in this family, you care about the same people and hope for the same things.

Football has meant too much to me, and come to represent too many things. See, after a while, it all gets mixed up together in your head, and you can't remember whether life's shit because Arsenal are shit or the other way around.

But I don't know, perhaps, it's something you can't understand unless you belong?"

- Fever Pitch, Nick Hornby

Been on my sig for years now :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:16 am

How about result oriented shet football which doesn't get results lol?

Anyway i watch football to be entertained and eventually enough is enough Laughing reason why i stopped watching my own team for last two years ( not the only reason but it's a reason)

This weekend was a breath of fresh air though and something i hadn't felt for a long time.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:16 am

Art Morte wrote:I like the pain.

no pain, no joy !!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:22 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
This weekend was a breath of fresh air though and something i hadn't felt for a long time.

.....like a minor bump ? Razz

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:26 am

Hopefully it will be a lot more substantial than that Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:28 am

For your sake, Mole rofl

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:32 am

I have been waiting for this since January 19th 2013 so it *bleep* better Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:33 am

For the bump or for a upgrade on Pardieux? hmm

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:37 am

For football that doesn't make me want to claw my eyes out with a spoon hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:41 am

Should just have picked a BuLi team to follow in that period or something :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:03 pm

gnrfan wrote:I've got the same question for you? Why are you a fan of football?  To use an analogy a Strine would understand, are you the type who'd also a enjoy a test cricket match with 20 maiden overs in a row, just for the "great bowling m8?" Because that's what it's like to watch chelsea be an eyesore in any big game, and hearmou's zombies parrot that line about great defense. And I could understand some sentimental attachment if you were from London, or if you'd been supporting them since the 90s or something but you're a 22 year old from Oz. You like winning. That's fine, but there are less painful ways to get that fix you know. You should check out the Harlem Globetrotters..

Mate, you're on a roll, not only are you in the 'why bother even supporting your team unless they play beautiful football' camp, but you're also in the 'Oh you clearly aren't a local fan so you must be a glory hunter' camp Proud

I've stated many times on this forum that I started supporting Chelsea in 2000 after getting a Chelsea shirt for my birthday from my Uncle (who is also a Chelsea fan) You can even read it in a post from 2012 Here.

As for the actual answer, I watch Chelsea play because I love the club, the love the players and I love the manager, regardless of how they play. I want nothing more than to see them win, regardless of how they play (I actually find it amazing when we win the big games with 30% odd possession) and I'll support them no matter what league they are in, who their players are or how good they are.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:24 pm

It can be a joy to watch 20 maiden overs on the trot in a test match though. I have always felt that evolution of shorter formats of the game have taken some of the shine off the longer format.

There are few pleasures which match the exhilarating ride a couple of pacers wreaking havoc in tandem can create. Don't even need a barrage of wickets, but just watching them go at it from both ends is just so... :')

Spoiler:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:28 pm

srigooner wrote:
Spoiler:

hmm

:bow:
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:31 pm

“If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants.”

― Isaac Newton, The Correspondence Of Isaac Newton

:coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by gnrfan Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:26 pm

Kick wrote:
gnrfan wrote:I've got the same question for you? Why are you a fan of football?  To use an analogy a Strine would understand, are you the type who'd also a enjoy a test cricket match with 20 maiden overs in a row, just for the "great bowling m8?" Because that's what it's like to watch chelsea be an eyesore in any big game, and hearmou's zombies parrot that line about great defense. And I could understand some sentimental attachment if you were from London, or if you'd been supporting them since the 90s or something but you're a 22 year old from Oz. You like winning. That's fine, but there are less painful ways to get that fix you know. You should check out the Harlem Globetrotters..

Mate, you're on a roll, not only are you in the 'why bother even supporting your team unless they play beautiful football' camp, but you're also in the 'Oh you clearly aren't a local fan so you must be a glory hunter' camp Proud

I've stated many times on this forum that I started supporting Chelsea in 2000 after getting a Chelsea shirt for my birthday from my Uncle (who is also a Chelsea fan) You can even read it in a post from 2012 Here.

As for the actual answer, I watch Chelsea play because I love the club, the love the players and I love the manager, regardless of how they play. I want nothing more than to see them win, regardless of how they play (I actually find it amazing when we win the big games with 30% odd possession) and I'll support them no matter what league they are in, who their players are or how good they are.

Aww thats nice. If you aren't already, I suggest you watch the UEFA supercup going on right now. You'll see what it means to play football.
gnrfan
gnrfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next