Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

John Stones Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: John Stones Watch

Post by Unique Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:02 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:Who is Ilori?

Sorry, honest question.

Porbably second best CB at Liverpool behind Sakho, if only Rodgers wasn't in loved with Skrtel or Lovren.

Ok, thanks.

How many games has he played for Liverpool?
hardly any. at the time we signed him he was classed as a very good up and coming cb. lots of teams were looking at him. but like lots of others before him. didn't turn out as good as first thought. another player that don't fit well in the EPL.

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:03 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:In other words he's an overrated kid who won't amount to anything (:

Becoming Liverpool's 2nd best CB without having played a single game for them is the sign of a GOAT though
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:06 pm

Unique wrote:
hardly any. at the time we signed him he was classed as a very good up and coming cb. lots of teams were looking at him. but like lots of others before him. didn't turn out as good as first thought. another player that don't fit well in the EPL.

This is wrong. He's certainly as good as first thought if not better. Problems with injuries are the only huge question mark over him. He was 20 when we bought him. He was always going to be loaned out. I expect him to be a starter by the end of this season if David Brent had any brains.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:08 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:In other words he's an overrated kid who won't amount to anything (:

Becoming Liverpool's 2nd best CB without having played a single game for them is the sign of a GOAT though

Quality wise. Not importance wise. At the moment he has no stock of importance at Liverpool because he hasn't played. But quality wise it's very clear he has more to his game than 31yo Skrtel, donkey Lovren, or the 50 yo Kalamity Kolo.

Benteke has never played a competative match for Liverpool but that wouldn't stop me from saying he's probably the 2nd best CF at the club after Sturridge. Ahead of the rest of the garbage.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:09 pm

Yeah I understand. Although you could say that Benteke has a track record, while the kid has none.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:14 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Yeah I understand. Although you could say that Benteke has a track record, while the kid has none.

Well two years on loan and had stepped up into Sporting's starting XI when we bought him is good indication that everywhere he goes, clubs see his talents and at some point he gets into the starting XI and usually does very well. Injuries is the biggest concern like I mention. He's Agger-esque in that.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:14 pm

Unique wrote:

This is wrong. He's certainly as good as first thought if not better. Problems with injuries are the only huge question mark over him. He was 20 when we bought him. He was always going to be loaned out. I expect him to be a starter by the end of this season if David Brent had any brains.
I think he would be better suited to Spanish or Italian football. he don't like getting knocked about.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:15 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Yeah I understand. Although you could say that Benteke has a track record, while the kid has none.

Well two years on loan and had stepped up into Sporting's starting XI when we bought him is good indication that everywhere he goes, clubs see his talents and at some point he gets into the starting XI and usually does very well. Injuries is the biggest concern like I mention. He's Agger-esque in that.
is he back with us for the season mate or is it another season on lone.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:16 pm

Benteke is better than Sturridge.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:17 pm

Unique wrote:
Unique wrote:

I think he would be better suited to Spanish or Italian football. he don't like getting knocked about.

I have seen absolutely zero evidence of that and I promise you I've watched much more of him than you. He's very composed and tenacious. The myth that you have to be a gorilla to play in PL is idiotic. He's the quickest CB in the world possibly. And is 6'3 while being very good in the air. His best quality is on the ball. Something John Stones is getting raved about but Ilori is probably better on the ball than him.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:20 pm

Unique wrote:

is he back with us for the season mate or is it another season on lone.

Think he's staying. But with Brendan I have no hope in the club making smart decisions.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:21 pm

Curtinho wrote:Benteke is better than Sturridge.

Make a thread in the RB section, let's discuss it there because you're obviously wrong. I don't want to derail the thread further from Stones and how he's inferior to Ilori.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:26 pm

Unique wrote:

I have seen absolutely zero evidence of that and I promise you I've watched much more of him than you. He's very composed and tenacious. The myth that you have to be a gorilla to play in PL is idiotic. He's the quickest CB in the world possibly. And is 6'3 while being very good in the air. His best quality is on the ball. Something John Stones is getting raved about but Ilori is probably better on the ball than him.
I admit I have not seen that much of him. but if he stays and is as good as you say lets hope we give him a chance. we need a class cb.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:31 pm

When fit Sturridge is probably only bettered by Costa and Aguero in the league.

Now let's get back to Stones and not Ilori ffs Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:32 pm

I agree we definitely need a class CB hopefully soon.

Gomez and Ilori both have great potential and tbh I shit you not if I was the manager I'd be playing the both of them next to Sakho.

I cannot stress enough how absoultely sick I am of Skrtel. He's literally the only constant in a shit defense every season. we keep changing defenders to see if things improve. yet any back 4 Skrtel is a part of is hilariously bad unless you're playing literally defending in your own box the entire match. Skrtel would be great for a relegation fodder club imo.

Maybe we can buy Stones hmm
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:39 pm

Art Morte wrote:Stones is overrated, hoping he goes to ManU to continue their tradition of buying promising English center-backs who never seem to come quite as good as expected.

John Stones Watch - Page 2 RIO
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:42 pm

Don't call me James wrote:I agree we definitely need a class CB hopefully soon.

Gomez and Ilori both have great potential and tbh I shit you not if I was the manager I'd be playing the both of them next to Sakho.

I cannot stress enough how absoultely sick I am of Skrtel. He's literally the only constant in a shit defense every season. we keep changing defenders to see if things improve. yet any back 4 Skrtel is a part of is hilariously bad unless you're playing literally defending in your own box the entire match. Skrtel would be great for a relegation fodder club imo.

Maybe we can buy Stones hmm
this has allways been my take on skrtel. for 80mins of a game he is world class. but he will allways have 10mins of madness. eco smile
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:43 pm

B-Mac wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Stones is overrated, hoping he goes to ManU to continue their tradition of buying promising English center-backs who never seem to come quite as good as expected.

I think it was jones and smalling he was talking about. didn't fergie say jones could end up being the best player man u ever signed Shocked
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:45 pm

Curtinho wrote:Benteke is better than Sturridge.

John Stones Watch - Page 2 Abandon-thread-gif-cats
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:46 pm

Ilori better then Stones Laughing

McAgger Proud

Let's wait till Ilori actually plays a minute in the premier league
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:49 pm

Unique wrote:
B-Mac wrote:

I think it was jones and smalling he was talking about. didn't fergie say jones could end up being the best player man u ever signed Shocked

well I wouldn't use the word Tradition if i'm talking about 2 signings Laughing

and

Smalling was probably our best CB last season aside that nightmare match he had at the Emptyhad ....so ya

Last edited by B-Mac on Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:49 pm

B-Mac wrote:Ilori better then Stones Laughing

McAgger Proud

so is that like saying harry kane is better than lacazette seeing as lacazette has not played a minute in the prem lge. Wink
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:50 pm

Unique wrote:

McAgger Proud

so is that like saying harry kane is better than lacazette seeing as lacazette has not played a minute in the prem lge. Wink

I dunno, I won't pretend I have seen Lacazette aside from Youtube because well it's Ligue 1 and nobody got time for that Laughing
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:51 pm

B-Mac wrote:
Unique wrote:
B-Mac wrote:

and

Smalling was probably our best CB last season aside that nightmare match he had at the Emptyhad ....so ya
smalling is a dog turd mate. and if he is your best CB then you need to clean out the dog turds. Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:51 pm

B-Mac wrote:
Unique wrote:

McAgger Proud

I dunno, I won't pretend I have seen Lacazette aside from Youtube because well it's Ligue 1 and nobody got time for that Laughing
harry kane = GOAT. cheers
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:54 pm

Unique wrote:
B-Mac wrote:
Unique wrote:

and

smalling is a dog turd mate. and if he is your best CB then you need to clean out the dog turds. Laughing

Smalling is not dog turd lol

but w/e
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down