chad4401
Valkyrja
halamadrid2
44 posters

Page 2 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next

Go down

Preseason discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Preseason discussion

Post by sportsczy Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:06 am

Bale playing AM Laughing All he did at Spurs was take long distance shots... couldn't pass it to save his life. Since it was Adebayor and Defoe, nobody complained and he did score quite a bit. But wtf. We're never going to win anything if we're keying our PLAYMAKING from Bale. i mean ffs, we have Isco, James and Benz... and you pick Bale as your creator!!!! Laughing

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:18 am

I think it will shape up to be a 4411 to be entirely honest. At least he is not playing rw thank god for that
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:38 am

Second half will be:

Pacheco; Carvajal, Nacho, Ramos, Marcelo; Modric y Lucas Silva; Odegaard, Isco, Cheryshev, Jesé

This is definitely a 4231 with Isco at AM. All our creative players in one line up lol. Poor Benzema

Wonder if Benitez is trying two defensive fbs vs two offensive hmm Lucas playing CDM but Illarra likely CM unless Benitez sees Kroos more of a CM
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:18 am

Preseason discussion - Page 2 CKLqFVLXAAAkTrU
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:29 am

strong line up. Illarra playing in his strongest position which is nice. Looks like a 442 with Jese and Bale up top
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:31 am

halamadrid2 wrote:strong line up. Illarra playing in his strongest position which is nice. Looks like a 442 with Jese and Bale up top

Ronaldo in midfield ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:50 am

nice, almost miss this match.

interesting to see how things play out.
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:56 am

awful half. Passing has been horrendous and the defending by our wingers has been pathetic

A few stand outs:

Odegaard-The only one more cringworthy to watch than Bale. Dude need to realise his potential and play for our juvenil A team. He isn't good enough for any level over that

Ronaldo- Did the dude do anything right?? if he doesn't want to play then don't fcking play. Stop screwing up our attacks

Bale- Alot more involved. Would like to see him more in this role. Intriguing

Illarra- After a shaky first 15 mins he really grew into the game. Dem Xabi esque ling balls :bow:

Keylor- Although he made some good saves he really needs to command the box better there was a time when Ronaldo headed the ball to a corner when Navas was right behind him. Clearly a work in progress

That left wing- Same problem as under Mourinho. Roma doubling up on Marcelos side because they know Ronaldo won't help him

cross field balls that opens us up- We really need to work on pressing hogh up to prevent teams switching wings in our half

Roma- Played extremely well, need some fine tuning in the final third but up to that point they play excellent
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:27 am

halamadrid2 wrote:awful half. Passing has been horrendous and the defending by our wingers has been pathetic

A few stand outs:

Odegaard-The only one more cringworthy to watch than Bale. Dude need to realise his potential and play for our juvenil A team. He isn't good enough for any level over that. I agree that he's been really poor, but I think it's more due to him not taking any risks at all. Couldn't wait for him to get taken off.

Ronaldo- Did the dude do anything right?? if he doesn't want to play then don't fcking play. Stop screwing up our attacks. Correction * International Champions Cup. He's there to sell tickets.

Bale- Alot more involved. Would like to see him more in this role. Intriguing. He's still making a lot of silly mistakes, but at least he's taking more risks and showing more enthusiasm than anyone else on the team.

Illarra- After a shaky first 15 mins he really grew into the game. Dem Xabi esque ling balls :bow: He's been alright.

Keylor- Although he made some good saves he really needs to command the box better there was a time when Ronaldo headed the ball to a corner when Navas was right behind him. Clearly a work in progress. Poor guy most likely won't be our starting GK any time soon, anyway.

That left wing- Same problem as under Mourinho. Roma doubling up on Marcelos side because they know Ronaldo won't help him

cross field balls that opens us up- We really need to work on pressing hogh up to prevent teams switching wings in our half

Roma- Played extremely well, need some fine tuning in the final third but up to that point they play excellent
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:58 am

Excellent second half what a half, damn. Need to fine tune our finishing but that was great

A few points:

Our defending- :bow: That was some of the best defending I've seen of our team. Navas was practically a passenger all game. No more opened up by cross field balls. Iturbe had no time to run at our defence after always getting doubled up by Cherychev and Arbeloa

Vasquez- Surprisingly very very good. Pleasantly surprised by that. Hope that continues

The one touch between Benz, Isco and Kroos was great to see. Nice to see their excellent chemistry

Benz seems a little rust so needs to work to get his fittness up but apart from that nice showing from him

Danilo has some really nice crosses so hopefully he can teach Carvajal a thing or two about that. Thats probably going to be our best side with the rotation

Isco ffs :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: Its going to be impossible to bench the Isco Disco

Pepe :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: does he ever age??

Anyways I've probably missed a little of the shootout writing this so gonna get back to it later
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:08 pm

excellent penalty shootout by both sides. Not too fussed about Vasquez missing it because he's never taken one anyways. Dat Nacho penalty doe :bow:
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:07 pm

For those who missed the game

Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:59 pm

1st half was like a typical friendly, the 2nd half was ridiculously better. Clearly Rafa lit a fire under the players. Navas is awesome...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:51 pm

I thought Navas was out for like a month? I guess he'd rather get a head start on the battle for a starting spot than the Gold Cup. Not that I blame him.
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:01 pm

Navas is an awesome shot stoppers but for his size he really is a tame keeper on corners

The zonal marking Benitez has us doing doesn't look very convincing but I was impressed with our defending in the second half. Not sure we will ever see that though with Ronaldo playing on the left

Coentrao seems to be fake injured again. We should really start charging him for injuries that he comes up with

This looks to be our final squad/line up I think:

Navas/Casilla
Carvajal/Danilo-Pepe/Varane-Ramos/Nacho-Marcelo/Coentrao
Modric/Casemiro-Kroos/Illarra
James/Vasquez-Bale/Isco-Ronaldo/Cherychev
Benz/Jese

with formation changing between a 4231 and 442
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:56 pm

For the first game of preseason, thought the team defended well, corners are still shaky and midfield looked good, attack was rusty should be much better next game.

I thought illarra was pretty good, first time i have seen he looked truly comfortable on the pitch, positioning was good and forced a lot of turn overs, some nice long passes from as well, rafa looks to trust him which great, can finally see what he is made of now Proud.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:23 pm

Was really impressed with Lucas Vasquez.

Navas should command his area more
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:40 pm

Iker sucked at corners as well so it seems to be a thing with us. Nor was he commanding like Kahn or Gigi.

Re: Rebs
He probably was injured to not be available for selection and only recently recovered but your explanation seems more believable.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:54 am

One thing that we all need to consider... the past few years, we've asked our player to come into the season at 100% and play really hard from the start. There are just too many games to do that in today's football for a team like Madrid. So i would like to "conserve" players for the second half of the season. What does that mean?
- play the big games fill tilt of course
- for the lesser games, scheme in subs or have some of the starters take on less responsibility
- tactically manage players so you're building up their form for the second half of the season... don't really need them until January at full form imo.

Just tired of fizzling out every March/April/May recently.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:10 am

@sportsczy, then you have to hope benitez and the players' prioritize. priority should be on form NOT on ballon d'or, nor ten nil wins (with the same line up) before xmas, nor "winter champions" (i hate that term) excitement. obviously if games are tough, i expect us to go all out, because dropped points early on can also cost us the league. its a shame that all our players became garbage in the latter half of the season. there's NO excuse for it to happen again, considering florentino and rafa seem to have put some faith in the squad and not opted for major signings
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:55 am

They got burned out tito... it was predictable for me. You can't rest a player for 2 months and then play him in every game for 3 months and call that "rest". It's about understanding the sustainable level of high level play that a specific player can produce on a weekly basis and limit him to that or less every week from the start. Once a player hits the wall, it's too late.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:17 am

it remains to be seen if Benitez really trusts Vasquez and co. I mean why the hell not, all our players have at least one season in a top level league before they joined. I dont see why Cherychev can't start vs the Espanyols of our league

Barca started their kids against bloody LaReal away. Which says something about their brave coach. I know from now already that at least Ronaldo and Bale won't rotate with anyone and it remains to be seen if Benitez has balls to bench anyone that underperforms
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:56 am

keylor had the number 1 ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:01 am

Yepp and its been confirmed on the website too so no DDG this season then which i have no problem with. Cherychev seems to be staying too which is good We could do with his speed when playing on the counter
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:04 pm

I don't mind getting DDG free next season, cherychev staying is good, the teams needs more pure wingers tbh, hope the flo doesn't make any major signings that will unsettle the first 11 too much.

On Benitez he doesn't have to drop the likes of bale and cr, just sub them around 60-70 mins if they sucked all match, i feel when carlo didn't do that it hurt the team more than it help the player, especially when the players who got subbed was doing great, can't win a league playing favorites.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:53 pm

I can't wait to see Cherychev clutch for us :bow:

Bale behind the striker is not going to last especially if he's just going to turn and take long shots. Sure some of them will go in but will Ronaldo & Co like that?

He was already frustrated during Roma not getting passes when making a run. You can't have Isco and James on the and play Bale behind the striker. Rafa better not *bleep* this up.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next