DeletedUser#1
Curtinho
iftikhar
Art Morte
rwo power
25 posters

Page 12 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2015 - Pt.2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2015 - Pt.2

Post by iftikhar Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:45 am

Fahim89 wrote:Hernandez will be a free agent from June 30th i guess
Yes, but he is not what we need. Now we need a starting quality striker and it seems we will end up with Benteke.

Oh come on Ayre, do another Firmino...

iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2015 - Pt.2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2015 - Pt.2

Post by Helmer Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:17 am

I can understand, we are so desperate for a striker that people would be ok with even Hernandez hmm

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:50 am

No ****ing way.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:28 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:I can understand, we are so desperate for a striker that people would be ok with even Hernandez hmm

No ****ing way.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:57 am

Well i just stated his situation in regards to him being a ManU player. I personally wouldn't want him at LFC.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:05 pm

No, I think we should just stick with Ings or Origi, it makes no sense to buy him when we even have Firmino in the worst case.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:47 pm

Hernandez isn't bad. He was good enough for Real Madrid, but I wouldn't want him here simply because he used to play for ManUre.

Anyway, I'm still not opposed to Benteke especially since he'll have service from the likes of Firmino and Coutinho, and he's a strong presence in the box with decent link-up and good finishing. Plus his movement is underrated. I would prefer someone else maybe a bit under the radar, but it is what it is.

In other news, it's probably just paper talk but we're starting to be linked more with Higuain...I believe these are the 4th or 5th links I've seen in the last week or so:

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/media-watch/express-higuain-wants-lfc-bid-accepted

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/media-watch/metro-higuain-wants-to-make-move

I know they are not good sources, still, it wouldn't be the first time we've been linked with him.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:49 pm

I am starting to think, whether we should just keep Balotelli by selling Lanbert and Borini. So when Studge injured, we can play Firmino and Balo in a diamond formation :coffee: in that case no need to sign a striker !

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:32 pm

I think we will only make a big signing in this window still if we sell Sterling.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:03 pm

We still haven't addressed the biggest problem we experienced last season, a proven striker. If FSG is tying the striker purchase with Sterling sale, that would be very dubious on their part.

Even with the striker purchase our net expense will be very low considering Sterling and other sale.

At the moment I'm pretty sure about signing a striker. The best case scenario being a mega bid for the likes of Higuain or Lacazette and the worst case being Benteke.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:17 pm

Art Morte wrote:I think we will only make a big signing in this window still if we sell Sterling.

Pretty sure the Firmino signing means Sterling is gone hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:36 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Art Morte wrote:I think we will only make a big signing in this window still if we sell Sterling.

Pretty sure the Firmino signing means Sterling is gone hmm

Not necessarily, we could easily bench Lallana and fit both of them in the XI.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:46 pm

Hasn't gone Sterling public in saying he wants to leave? And told the club etc? City bidding crazy money for him? What's the point in keeping him, what good would come out of it?

His value won't increase if he's sulking on your bench, that's for sure.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:04 pm

I'd rather sell him, but our owners have the balls to force him to stay.

But I think we will sell him and make one more big signing.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:13 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Hasn't gone Sterling public in saying he wants to leave? And told the club etc? City bidding crazy money for him? What's the point in keeping him, what good would come out of it?

Nope, but they might also be making an example of him. If they can afford to make the signings they want to make without selling him then they may make him rot on the bench or in the reserves to make a point. After all, if they don't need the money to make their purchases then why would they sell him to a direct competitor of theirs and potentially make that team stronger?

They've already shown willingness to play hardball with Suarez in the past. It wouldn't surprise me if they did the same here, though they absolutely could sell him also.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:27 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Hasn't gone Sterling public in saying he wants to leave? And told the club etc? City bidding crazy money for him? What's the point in keeping him, what good would come out of it?

i think we have discussed this before and I would still say the same thing and we should keep hold of him, for various reasons. He might even change his mind if he stays here for another season. We will get less value in the next summer but we will also get one season with a player who has already played for us regularly over the last two seasons. We need to kepe him specially when we lost Gerrard. It will be the same story everytime, when we keep on losing player and signing new players. I think Sterling will be even better in this season, I dont he will sulk if we have fit Sturridge or if the team is performing better in this season.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:05 am

Generally I think making an example of a young player is silly.

Also I'd like to propose the following food for thought.

Only one of those two things can be true:

1. Sterling, at 20 years, is worth 40-50m£
2. Sterling doesn't deserve a new contract >100k a week

Since Liverpool has taken stance 2., selling Sterling to City for that money should be regarded as a coup, no?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:25 am

The thing is Liverpool did offer him a contract over 100k supposedly. Sterling doesn't want to play here anymore.

Anyway I would take the 50m. I'm just saying FSG might not because they can be hardassed.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:55 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:

Wrong, Hans.

Liverpool has thrown the money at Sterling. And keep trying too.

Sterling keeps rejecting the offers by Liverpool. It's why Liverpool's took the whole thing to the press to try and pressurize him into signing a new deal. Because regardless of what these fools say he is arguably one of the best talents in the world right now.

Unfortunately he has a stupid agent that is doing him no good. It's reported Bayern were fully interested but only backed away because of his agent.

Anyway, Sterling doesn't want to stay at Liverpool because Liverpool has no future under Rodgers and Sterling wants to win silverware. The relationship between Sterling and Rodgers is pretty much finished. And with FSG opting to keep Rodgers, Sterling will now be sold because he doesn't want to be at a club with no ambition.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:23 pm

With the Benteke saga dragging on, should (shouldn't) we look for alternatives? Frankly, I'm not comfortable with the £25m bid much less with the freaking £32.5m buyout clause. Question is what alternative is available, specially with Jackson and Bacca going to Valencia and Milan respectively? Rondon! No thanks, we got Ings already. I'm afraid that once more we are getting bogged down with a target due lack of alternative.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:23 pm

Well the striker market isn't exactly overflowing with options right now. The biggest targets have ridiculous money associated with them and mostly want CL and the others are either unproven or overpriced for what they bring.

I'm fine with Benteke even though we'll likely overpay for him, but again kind of hard to be mad at our organisation here...who else is really out there without taking a big gamble (which gets just as much complaining)?

I mean someone like Max Kruse would have actually been ideal. There are others like Volland who wants to play striker,  Milik, Mitrovic, Icardi (but he just reupped), etc. but none are proven and none are big time signings. The guys like Higuain or Lacazette will be too expensive or don't want to come here right now.

It might just be prudent to run a false 9, or use a combination of Origi/Balotelli/Ings until Sturridge is healthy this season if you guys really don't want Benteke...but I think that would be the wrong move.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:45 pm

El Cujo wrote:Well the striker market isn't exactly overflowing with options right now. The biggest targets have ridiculous money associated with them and mostly want CL and the others are either unproven or overpriced for what they bring.

I'm fine with Benteke even though we'll likely overpay for him, but again kind of hard to be mad at our organisation here...who else is really out there without taking a big gamble (which gets just as much complaining)?

I mean someone like Max Kruse would have actually been ideal. There are others like Volland who wants to play striker,  Milik, Mitrovic, Icardi (but he just reupped), etc. but none are proven and none are big time signings. The guys like Higuain or Lacazette will be too expensive or don't want to come here right now.

It might just be prudent to run a false 9, or use a combination of Origi/Balotelli/Ings until Sturridge is healthy this season if you guys really don't want Benteke...but I think that would be the wrong move.
Going into another season without a proven striker would be absolutely suicidal. The thing with Benteke is we have to pay double of what he is worth. Do you think Lyon or Napoli will have nerve to refuse a £32.5m offer??? That's almost 50 million euro.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:52 pm

The problem isn't necessarily the team won't accept it it's that the player has to agree to come here. Lacazette already said he won't go to a team without CL supposedly and iirc Higuain's release clause is something stupid like 60 or 70m.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:46 am

A release cause means nothing. lmao

Higgy isn't very good anyway. His whole career is pretty much built up of all hype from his 20 year old days at Madrid. Today he just chokes hard and is very overrated as a footballer. And that's the hard cold truth. Would be a flop.

Also, you're deluded to think we'd be in for Lacazette or anyone else if we had CL. We offer A LOT more cash at "pl proven" players than we do foreign exports. And read what I'm saying here before you PMS and bring up your "half our players signed are not from the league" which is a stupid argument within itself.

We had CL last season. Every single player knew Suarez was leaving and thus didn't want to join because it showed where our current ambition as a club lies. No top talent wants to join Liverpool anymore. And deep inside everyone knows why. We're pretty much seen as a club to make that step up to a big club now. lol
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:04 am

Higuain for that money is surely a stupid move. But given a choice, I would take Higuain anyday over Benteke

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:22 am

Given a choice I'd rather not sign any targets we have right now and sack the man in charge.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next