BarrileteCosmico
Bellabong
Jonathan28
LeVersacci
RealGunner
40 posters

Page 42 of 43 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 42 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by LeVersacci Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:13 pm

Hope S6 comes out before the next book.

LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 42 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:14 pm

It will
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:34 pm

Sums up my major complaints of the season. Hope it was a learning experience and they do better next season without GRRM's guidance.

The reason bad things happen on GoT has changed. GoT has gone from being a show that wouldn't cheat to help the good guys to a show that will cheat to help the bad guys.

When I complain about GoT lately people respond with "That's what the show has always been, this is what you signed up for, if you think this has a happy ending you haven't been paying attention." but I think this episode has solidified why I have a problem with the show recently.

The tragedy on the show used to be organic. People would die because GoT wasn't willing to give characters the 1 in a million lucky breaks that other shows give their protagonist.

Now the show doesn't just not give the protagonists freebies, it bends over backwards to *bleep* them over. Honestly, every military conflict in the last two and a half seasons has seen the wrong side winning.

Yara and "The 50 best swordsmen in the Iron Isles" lose a fight to a shirtless guy with a knife and 3 dogs, which is roughly what you would encounter on your average domestic disturbance call. The 50 best swordsmen in the Iron Isles couldn't survive half an episode of "Cops"

The Unsullied and Baristan Selmy lose a fight against unarmored aristocrats with knives.

"20 good men" infiltrate the camp of the greatest military tactician alive.

The Unsullied lose another fight against unarmored aristocrats with spears, who honestly also make a pretty good showing against a dragon.

The Boltons, despite not being supported by most of the north, and seemingly not having any massive source of money, raise an army of tens of thousands and overwhelm Stannis.

Add to that the fact that the nigh omniscient Littlefinger was apparently unaware that the Boltons were fcked up weirdos and the show seems to be bending over backwards for tragedy.

Yep. They completely lied about her story this year. They said themselves they wanted to put a familiar face in Jeyne's role because it was more "powerful."
Translation: It's more shocking to do this to Sansa.

EDIT: Am I wrong? So many times I was told that Sansa wasn't going to simply play the Jeyne Poole role this year, and that's exactly what she did. They lied. They talked up Sansa's empowerment and how she was going to become a player this year. They did the opposite. They lied.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:40 pm

RealGunner wrote:Thoughts on

"You want a good girl, but you need a bad pussy." ?

Great line albeit short, its better than the "Chaos is a Ladder" monologue and Tyrion's trial speech (I wish you think i'm the monster i am, ect).

Its up there with phrases like "The North Remembers" and "For the Watch"
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:41 pm

LeVersacci wrote:Internet no longer full of spoilers Proud

Been checking a few YT videos about some of these theories and they're quite interesting.

Smh didn't you just say you don't want to read theories? Not questioning btw, I'm glad.

That's why I asked because the show has caught up now, we can hold hands together, predict and theorize freely.

M99 said Arya and I understand why he said it but even her storyline has caught up. The only one that hasn't caught up is the Greyjoys who have been pushed to S6 it seems, anything else is free to discuss.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:42 pm

Nah Arya's story isn't there yet.

Spoiler:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:43 pm

I haven't given 2 shits about Sansa & her arc since S1. She never had my interest. Would rather watch Gilly x Sam than her.

I can't wait till we'll see Bran's arc in S6 though.

Stannis yeah they completly ruined him. They really made a U-turn on him in this season sadly Sad
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:46 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Thoughts on

"You want a good girl, but you need a bad pussy." ?

Great line albeit short, its better than the "Chaos is a Ladder" monologue and Tyrion's trial speech (I wish you think i'm the monster i am, ect).

Its up there with phrases like "The North Remembers" and "For the Watch"

It's quite a philosophical phrase tbh. It shows the paradox which exists in the world and we humans are just the victims of this natural phenomena.

I mean, you must have thought about eating ice cream when it's extremely cold. Eventhough you rather be better off with a cup of tea but you still want something which contradicts with what you want.

I believe our beloved sandsnake was just utilising the knowledge of Plato and Aristotle to combat that paradox and try to explain us with such efficient yet effective method

Now bronn wants a good lady who he can marry and have kids. But he also needs a woman who can give him what he wants which is considered as filth by the good ladies in King's Landing. So she says it in a way which completely strikes as logical and plausible.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:46 pm

LeVersacci wrote:I haven't given 2 shits about Sansa & her arc since S1. She never had my interest. Would rather watch Gilly x Sam than her.

I can't wait till we'll see Bran's arc in S6 though.

Stannis yeah they completly ruined him. They really made a U-turn on him in this season sadly Sad

Same :bow:

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:47 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:

Been checking a few YT videos about some of these theories and they're quite interesting.

Smh didn't you just say you don't want to read theories? Not questioning btw, I'm glad.

That's why I asked because the show has caught up now, we can hold hands together, predict and theorize freely.

M99 said Arya and I understand why he said it but even her storyline has caught up. The only one that hasn't caught up is the Greyjoys who have been pushed to S6 it seems, anything else is free to discuss.
That was till M99 said almost every arc is up to date with the books. This is still the series thread and there shouldn't be any book talk or theory in here.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:47 pm

RealGunner wrote:Nah Arya's story isn't there yet.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:48 pm

Replied why Arya has not caught up on the books thread.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:50 pm

LeVersacci wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:

That was till M99 said almost every arc is up to date with the books. This is still the series thread and there shouldn't be any book talk or theory in here.

That's what I said too, are you trolling?

Obviously I was talking about show theories.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:51 pm

Honestly guys we're not at that point yet. Yes some chars catched up, some are different.
There's still a lot of stuff we could spoil regardless. And some of the theories are very good and can be considered spoilers aswell. Let's just keep book stuff in the book thread. Arya, Bran and the Greyjoys are not the only chars.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:52 pm

Let's give some attention to zigra's sig.

Balon *bleep* Greyjoy wins the War Of The Five Kings rofl
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:57 pm

zigra wrote:Honestly guys we're not at that point yet. Yes some chars catched up, some are different.
There's still a lot of stuff we could spoil regardless. And some of the theories are very good and can be considered spoilers aswell. Let's just keep book stuff in the book thread. Arya, Bran and the Greyjoys are not the only chars.

+1
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:59 pm

Not watching this piece of shit show ever again.

I'M DONE!!!

Unbelievably pissed off by that ending.

Kill all the best characters off why don't you.

Garbage show. ***** off!!!
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:00 pm

You said can book readers make predictions/theories when not every arc is up to date & you guys have more information since you've read the books.

Me watching a few theories on YT doesn't mean we should start making predicitions/theories in this thread
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:01 pm

Is it alright to post quotes?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:03 pm

I don't speak for everyone. Some will still prefer it series thread only.

LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:08 pm

Well that's the same thing really, but understood.

I still can't believe she said "You need a bad pussy"

Are those writers 12 years old hahaha
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:10 pm

D&D confirmed fans of Tyga, Chris brown etc.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:22 pm

Stannis: You have many enemies in Castle Black. Have you considered sending Alliser Thorne elsewhere? Give him command of Eastwatch by the sea.

Jon: I heard it was best to keep your enemies close.

Stannis: Whoever said that didn't have many enemies.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:24 pm

RED wrote:Not watching this piece of shit show ever again.

I'M DONE!!!

Unbelievably pissed off by that ending.

Kill all the best characters off why don't you.

Garbage show. ***** off!!!

You'll be back : ) , but seriously keep watching. Jon Snows arc is not over. I'm quite sure of that.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:29 pm

M99 wrote:Stannis: You have many enemies in Castle Black. Have you considered sending Alliser Thorne elsewhere? Give him command of Eastwatch by the sea.

Jon: I heard it was best to keep your enemies close.

Stannis: Whoever said that didn't have many enemies.

FFSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:35 pm

"Kill the boy, Jon Snow"

He should've listened imo hmm
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 43 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43  Next