TheRedStag
stevieg8
nj
Fahim89
:{Mr.Mustachio!
22 posters

Page 10 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 23  Next

Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by nj Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:02 pm

soooo...

linked with Alvaro Pereira for the LB position (Uruguay/Porto).
dont know him that much but he does looks like he would be a good signing i reckon

nj
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by Fahim89 Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:41 pm

nj wrote:soooo...

linked with Alvaro Pereira for the LB position (Uruguay/Porto).
dont know him that much but he does looks like he would be a good signing i reckon

was as far as i have seen in Copa the guy is pretty pacy! & is regarded pretty highly in Portugal. . but now no one here i guess can't back the Portugal perspective . .
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:25 pm

I don't know much about him, but I'd be happy with him. As I've mentioned a couple of times, anyone other than Aurelio, Insua, PFK (Thanks Red) will be a huge step up.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:00 am

I just think all these LB links are a ploy to make Newcastle reduce their asking price for Enrique.We will sign him on the cheap like for 5-6 mil and will also sign another Cb IMO.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:02 pm

For some reason, I didn't expect this window to be so uneventful.

I expected this window to be hectic, given our new-found riches & the extent of rebuilding needed.

True, most of the negotiations goes behind the scene, but I just have this lingering feeling that some where down the road, our campaign got unhitched.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:11 pm

iftikhar wrote:For some reason, I didn't expect this window to be so uneventful.

I expected this window to be hectic, given our new-found riches & the extent of rebuilding needed.

True, most of the negotiations goes behind the scene, but I just have this lingering feeling that some where down the road, our campaign got unhitched.

I think it's been all right. 'Good' if we manage to sell some players, but that area is looking depressing.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:24 pm

Art Morte wrote:
iftikhar wrote:For some reason, I didn't expect this window to be so uneventful.

I think it's been all right. 'Good' if we manage to sell some players, but that area is looking depressing.

jovanovic's agent said he's going to anderlecht, and since the hangup was supposedly over wages, that sounds pretty convincing... if that helps.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:53 pm

Being linked with signing over a dozen youth players... LOL
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:47 pm

Stoke Udinese and Copenhagen have all enquired about PPoulsen according to Mail.Stoke seems to be showing some real interest after their deal for Sissokho collaped.Stoke usually sign their players near the end of window so this might drag on till deadline day.

As i said earlier in the thread we have to wait patiently for the deadwood to depart.They arent first choice players for signing clubs so they will only move once they miss out on their first choice players.

As far as i can see:

PFK - Already sold.
Jovanovic - 100% certain to leave the club.
Aquilani - Likely to go on loan to Fiorentina.
Poulsen - Will be sold close to the window.
NGog - Plenty of interest it seems.We are just holding out for the best price it seems.

The only player i cant see moving is Jeo cole unfortunately
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:01 pm

Liverpool flop Alberto Aquilani's escape from his Premier League nightmare is being held up as Fiorentina are only keen on a loan deal.

It was assumed the Italy international's disappointing spell in England had finally come to an end when Fiorentina entered into negotiations with him regarding an Anfield exit.

Liverpool are desperate to offload Aquilani but will undoubtedly have to take a big hit on the £20m they forked out for the injury-plagued star back in 2009.

But so far, negotiations between the clubs are at an impasse as Fiorentina only want a loan deal - something that Aquilani is not keen on as he seeks a fresh break.

His agent Franco Zavaglia said: "I spoke with the president of Fiorentina and we have to assess the options. This is not easy.

"Right now, it's 50/50. The player has spoken to Liverpool to tell them he wants a permanent return to Italy. He wants to be transferred and not on loan - we have the entire month of August to find a solution."
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Read an article in Goal. Cole might stick-around for another season. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad. Still have a soft-spot for him. Clark reportedly spoke very highly about him.

What will happen to Degen!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:04 pm

Tbh, out of all of the deadwood we need to get rid of, I'm actually fine with Cole staying... granted it is a lot of money in wages, but we probably would've had to eat a lot of it to keep him anyway. worst case scenario, he performs exactly as we expect and stays on the bench most of the year. best case scenario, he adds an extra option up front, a playmaker with good on the ball skills, a dimension we don't have as much of in this team. it'll be nice to have that extra option up front assuming kenny does for him what he's managed for everyone else.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballFan92 Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:21 pm

Before you see anymore signings I'd imagine we will be getting rid of at least 3 dead wood players. We need to cut the wage bill, once that's done i think we will get the LB, probably Enrique.

ones to go:

Philipp Degen
Nabil El Zhar
Emiliano Insúa
Milan Jovanović
Christian Poulsen
David N'Gog - providing we sign a new back up striker
Oh yeah and this excuse for a goalkeeper - Brad Jones
FootballFan92
FootballFan92
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:48 pm

FootballFan92 wrote:Before you see anymore signings I'd imagine we will be getting rid of at least 3 dead wood players. We need to cut the wage bill, once that's done i think we will get the LB, probably Enrique.

ones to go:

Philipp Degen
Nabil El Zhar
Emiliano Insúa
Milan Jovanović
Christian Poulsen

Welcome to the forum! Smile
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:55 pm

I'd rather keep Insua and N'gog than Cole. Their wages together are less than Cole's and they fit into roles that have less depth than CAM.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:28 am

RedOranje wrote:I'd rather keep Insua and N'gog than Cole. Their wages together are less than Cole's and they fit into roles that have less depth than CAM.

I suppose it depends on transfer fee we are likely to get.Dont think we will loan them out like last season but if a decent transfer comes we can replce NGog with a better striker and Insua is just a luxury player IMO.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:32 am

FootballFan92 wrote:Before you see anymore signings I'd imagine we will be getting rid of at least 3 dead wood players. We need to cut the wage bill, once that's done i think we will get the LB, probably Enrique.

ones to go:

Philipp Degen
Nabil El Zhar
Emiliano Insúa
Milan Jovanović
Christian Poulsen

Personally i would be happy to shift off Aquilani too.And really dont thimk us signing is linked to cutting wage bill.We will sign a LB regardless of how many players we can shift off.

Also welcome to the forum mate Very Happy
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:48 am

Welcome to the forum, footballfan92. I agree, but I'd keep Insua. I'd let the rest go. Neutral

Wasn't Jova set to leave? That's 100k off the wagebill right there.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:25 am

ynwa wrote:Welcome to the forum, footballfan92. I agree, but I'd keep Insua. I'd let the rest go. Neutral

Jova is on 60k Mad
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:13 am

I'd say Cole is the definition of a luxury player, tbh. He can add something when the side is performing and he is. But it either is not then he's a damned liability out there.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:06 pm

Cole is a liability considering his ridiculous wages.I referred Insua as luxury player because he is a useful back and on low wages so wont really cost much.But at the same time we have enough back up LB options in our squad so we wont miss him if we sell him either.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballFan92 Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:42 pm

Cheers guys, Joe Cole has been a disgrace. hes had more time that anyone else to try and prove himself and for the whole of pre-season Ive seen him do this

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 10 X25011
FootballFan92
FootballFan92
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:56 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
ynwa wrote:Welcome to the forum, footballfan92. I agree, but I'd keep Insua. I'd let the rest go. Neutral

Jova is on 60k Mad

He was on 120k a week last year. He may be on 60k now, but he can gtfo. He can't even make the reserves.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:00 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:Cole is a liability considering his ridiculous wages.I referred Insua as luxury player because he is a useful back and on low wages so wont really cost much.But at the same time we have enough back up LB options in our squad so we wont miss him if we sell him either.

Enough back-up LB options? Please tell me you are joking. Robinson is not ready for the 1st team. An appearance here and there will be ok this season. Playing Flanno or Johnson out of their natural positions is silly. They will never perform as well as they do on the other side of the field. The only other option is Aurelio. And god only knows how many games it will take before he is sidelined. We have no depth in the LB position. Which is why we have all been screaming for one.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:51 pm

Liverpool facing Merseyside fight over England ace - reports
Everton join Liverpool in race for Adam Johnson

this reports always excite me! ! because i personally am a big fan of Johnson! ! but saying that the source is pretty much BS! ! Razz

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/liverpool-facing-merseyside-fight-over-england-ace

Numerous reports from across the internet have linked Liverpool FC with a possible loan move for Uruguay and Atletico Madrid striker Diego Forlan.

As much as I admire the Uruguayan's talent . .this rumors is pretty baseless . .then again a loan move won't be too bad! ! for me would add one of the top strikers for a year in the team! !

but can't see this coming in possible way! !

http://www.footybunker.com/liverpool-loan-deal-for-forward-on-the-cards/8624
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:56 pm

Liverpool are weighing up a £12m move for Brimingham central defender Scott Dann following the Reds’ disappointing pre-season form.

Scott Dann rumors have awakened again! !

http://www.cleansheetsallround.co.uk/2011/07/liverpool-eye-12m-centre-back-to-solve-defensive-problems

Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur will go head-to-head for the signature of Brazilian youngster Lucas Moura, from Sao Paulo.
Well another youth target i suppose! !

http://www.cleansheetsallround.co.uk/2011/07/liverpool-tottenham-hotspur-chase-brazilian-starlet
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 23  Next