TheRedStag
stevieg8
nj
Fahim89
:{Mr.Mustachio!
22 posters

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next

Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by donttreadonred Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:47 pm

If we manage to get Cissokho for the 7.2 mil (pounds) that is being reported by Goal.com, I will be ecstatic. I think he is the best option for the LB position left on the market.

I'm no longer certain that a CB is a priority at all. It seems more like Comolli is willing to pursue an opportunity for a good CB if the opportunity arises, but is not looking to go out and attract one. Perhaps the feeling is that we have enough incoming youngsters and outgoing legends/squad players to cover the position.

Think about it; we have Carragher, Skrtel and Agger who have all been starting 11 quality since Hodgson left (and when they were fit). Sure Carra's best seasons are behind him, but he can still contribute quite a bit. Kyrgiakos can be shaky, but he is still capable of contributing to the back line in a covering situation. When you add to that Danny Wilson and Martin Kelly (19 and 20, respectively), you get more cover than would expect after only a cursory glance at the team sheet. Wilson only played 2 last season and I beleive they were both out of position as a LB. Kelly impressed as a RB, but he can also play CB and could stand a run out at that position.We have to assume that Glen Johnson will be retaking his position on the right if Cissokho moves to Anfield. So, let's give Kelly a go at CB. He certainly has the size and strength to play the position, and his ball skills are a definite advantage.

What I'm saying is that while a new starting-quality CB could help the team, the signing would hurt the development of what could be a very good class of young defenders. I have the sense that LFC is stuck in a bit of a middle-ground between signing new players to replace starters and allowing academy players to step up. We've shown quality in the youth players, but perhaps not enough for automatic selection into the first-team. They have the potential, but not quite the quality just yet. It's an interesting quandary to be faced with.

donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by iftikhar Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:56 pm

ynwa wrote:Cissokho. cheers

Damn you YNWA. I thought it's a done deal. Now I have wait till Monday.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:55 pm

btw, i'm watching Genk-Lyon friendly right now,
and Cissokho just came in as a substitute,
and they said he just had a jaw surgery (it was about the teeth problem he had, and that made him fail the medical when he was supposed to go to Milan 2 yrs ago).

so no risk of him failing a medical now because of that if ever he came Smile
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:54 am

Meanwhile Liverpool sources have rubbished speculation linking the club with a move for Lyon left-back Aly Cissokho. Reports in France had suggested a deal for the 23 year-old was imminent but club sources have denied that there has been any contact.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8642081/Malaysian-XI-3-Liverpool-6-match-report.html
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:26 am

Out of ten, what mark would you give to our transfer window if we did no more business during it?

Only including players who we've signed: 7
Only including players who we've sold or released: 2
Whole transfer activity: 6
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:49 am

Art Morte wrote:Out of ten, what mark would you give to our transfer window if we did no more business during it?

Only including players who we've signed: 4
Whole transfer activity: 4

For me signing a LB is the most important signing in this window.If we dont sign any LB then its big failure.I would be more than happy if we only a LB from now on.

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:53 am

@Ywna

Though i too think singing Cissokho being far fetched i wont believe anything Telegraph says.They seems to be doing only guess work like Mirror and Mail for some time.Maybe i will believe it when someone like Guardian or Times reports our interest is not true.

Telegraph also said Reina is 100% certain to leave and Kenny is looking to Robinson to replace him.
Also Meireles is not going to Pre season tour.And reported we are desperate for Dann and a bid was imminent for him a month ago.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:57 am

Cissokho reiterates his desire to move in PremierLeague but ensures that he is concentrating on Lyon for now.

«Je suis content d’être dans un très grand club avec de grands joueurs, je ne suis pas inquiet. J’ai donné ma préférence au championnat anglais. J’ai une idée dans ma tête. Pour le moment, je me prépare bien pour faire une saison pleine, sans les blessures. La saison dernière a été dure pour ça. La situation est un peu spéciale, mais je pense en premier lieu à me préparer »

translation:
"I am happy to be in a great club with great players, I'm not worried. I gave my preference to the Premier League. I have an idea in my head. For now, I'm preparing myself in order to play a full season without injuries. Last season was tough for that.
The situation is a little bit special, but I'm thinking 1st of getting ready "

http://www.footmercato.net/ligue1/transferts/ol-cissokho-declare-sa-flamme-a-la-premier-league-qui-pour-le-remplacer_69958
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:20 pm

Art Morte wrote:Out of ten, what mark would you give to our transfer window if we did no more business during it?

Signed: 6 - If there were no more transfers, I'd be disappointed. LB and LW is what we needed the most.
Sold: 2 - The likes of Cole and Poulsen shouldn't be here.
Whole: 5 - IMO, yes, my opinion. I like the fact that Kenny and the club are going after British talent.

Also, is there a reason Henderson has not played in Pre-Season? (Sorry. Been out of the loop)
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:25 pm

poolsupporter wrote:Also, is there a reason Henderson has not played in Pre-Season? (Sorry. Been out of the loop)

he has been on an extended leave after coming back from the U21 competition he is supposed to be back by tomorrow in training . . so i believe we would see him in the upcoming friendlies Smile
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:38 pm

John W Henry up in twitter . .

tkalogeris @John_W_Henry sir, we need quality players at lfc.Spending alone does not guarantee success.Some of our signings are overpriced & overrated.

John W. Henry @tkalogeris according to fans, astrologers, experts, podiatrists, and H&G?

Damn our owner is super cool! ! Very Happy Cool
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:44 pm

Only including players who we've signed: 6

Adam looks class.
Henderson and Doni are 18 million wasted IMO.
Downing, Hmm im not too happy about this. 18.5 million? Would have liked a foreign, faster winger.
Just my opinion.

Only including players who we've sold or released: 5.5

Only Konchesky out, Which seems alot. We released quite a few youth players. Nothing important here to talk about.

Whole transfer activity: 5.5

Below Average IMO IMO

Last edited by Nishank on Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:46 pm

Transfers In-
Alex O'Hanlon (St Kevin Boys) - Undisclosed [ 2million? ]
Jordan Henderson (Sunderland) - 16 million
Lloyd Jones - Undisclosed [100,000 k - 500,000k]
Charlie Adam (Blackpool FC) - 7 million
Christian Doni (Roma FC) - 1 million
Stewart Downing (Aston Villa) - 18.5 million.

Transfers Out-

Dean Bouzanis - Released
Jason Banton - Released
Deale Chamberlain - Released
Douglas Cooper - Released
Sean Highdale - Released
Steven Irwin - Released
Nikola Saric - Released

Paul Konchesky - Leiciester City - 1.5 million
Gerardo Bruna - Blackpool FC - Undisclosed

Peter Gulacsi - HUll city - Loan [ yet to be confirmed ]

-------------------------------------

Blackpool confirm signing of Bruna.
http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10432~2395332,00.html
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:37 pm

^ Doni is a free signing.Roma paid him off his contract to enable him to sign for us.Similar to Jovanovic situation
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:40 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:^ Doni is a free signing.Roma paid him off his contract to enable him to sign for us.Similar to Jovanovic situation

Thats even better.

Bruce about Cattermole

Bruce has rubbished the entire story though, insisting the Reds have never even spoken of the former England Under-21 international. He told the Journal: "I don't know where that has come from. It's news to me.

"I have not even thought about this situation, to be honest. I have had bigger things on my plate to worry about. We have been dealing with Liverpool for the past five weeks over the Jordan Henderson deal and there was never a mention that they wanted Lee.

"I don't know where it's coming from at all."

Honestly thank god it was just a rumor.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:57 pm

According to reports Manchester City are interested in Liverpool midfielder Alberto Aquilani.

can't really see this going through but worth pondering on i guess. .

http://www.click-manchester.com/sport/manchester-city/1213707-manchester-city-target-liverpool-midfielder.html
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:07 pm

Fahim89 wrote:
According to reports Manchester City are interested in Liverpool midfielder Alberto Aquilani.

can't really see this going through but worth pondering on i guess. .

http://www.click-manchester.com/sport/manchester-city/1213707-manchester-city-target-liverpool-midfielder.html

Highly doubt there's any truth in this. If there was, we could try to get Johnson............Never happening though.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:05 pm

I want Aqua to stay :geek:

I apologize about Aqua, Pooi.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:22 am

I officially LOVE John W. Henry. Cool

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:49 am

Liverpool’s summer spending has come to an end, for the time being, after Kenny Dalglish confirmed that the club’s immediate priority is to offload players rather than recruit them.

Having overseen a £40 million recruitment drive that has resulted in Stewart Downing, Jordan Henderson, Charlie Adam and Alexander Doni being signed, Fenway Sports Group (FSG), Liverpool’s owner, is keen for the club to recoup at least some of the outlay through sales.

Dalglish is still in the market for a central defender and a left back, but his pursuit of further reinforcements is only likely to come to fruition once a number of players who have been deemed surplus to requirements have been offloaded.

The Liverpool manager is satisfied with the business his club have done so far this summer, but he is aware that the need to trim his squad has become more urgent. “We’re delighted with the work we’ve done,” Dalglish said. “Whether there’s more remains to be seen and depends on players going out.”

Liverpool are open to offers for Christian Poulsen, Brad Jones, Philipp Degen, Emiliano Insúa and David Ngog, having already sold Paul Konchesky, the left back, to Leicester City for £1.5 million.

Alberto Aquilani and Raul Meireles will also be allowed to leave should Liverpool receive substantial offers, with the Italy midfield player the most likely to depart. Aquilani was lauded by John W. Henry, the club’s principal owner, on Twitter after his positive displays during pre-season, but Liverpool have long since been prepared to sell him. Fiorentina are believed to be ready to offer him a return to Italy.

Joe Cole would also be allowed to leave, but Liverpool are discovering that his £110,000-a-week contract is proving a deterrent to interested clubs. As a result, they are focusing on revitalising Cole’s career when they would have preferred to offload him.

Should the pruning process be successful, Dalglish will be given the funds to bring in at least one defender with Diego Godín, the Atlético Madrid and Uruguay centre back, emerging as a potential target

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/clubs/liverpool/article3099333.ece (£)
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:55 am

Nishank wrote:I want Aqua to stay :geek:

I apologize about Aqua, Pooi.

:king:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:48 am

It seems i am the only the Aqua doubter now Laughing

I still think he is not needed and we would be better of selling him for a decent price.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:04 am

FIORENTINA are hoping to agree a deal with Liverpool to take Alberto Aquilani back to Italy.

Serie A outfit are expected to follow up their interest in the midfielder with an official approach over the next few days.

Aquilani returned to Liverpool earlier this month after a season on loan at Juventus, who failed to agree a fee with the Reds over a permanent move.

The 27-year-old Italy international impressed during last week's pre-season tour of the Far East but his future remains uncertain.

Aquilani made it clear he was hoping to stay in his homeland and with the Reds having snapped up midfield trio Jordan Henderson, Charlie Adam and Stewart Downing, his opportunities at Anfield are set to be limited this term.

If they receive a suitable offer Liverpool are likely to sell but they will hope to claw back at least £9million of the £17.6million they shelled out to Roma for him.

However, one potential stumbling block is that Fiorentina want to take Aquilani initially on loan before completing a permanent transfer next summer.

Liverpool are unlikely to agree to that in the knowledge his value would decline further over the next 12 months. And they will also want the cash to fund further acquisitions in the transfer window.

Aquilani is desperate to secure regular first team football to help cement his place in the Italy side ahead of next year's European Championships and Fiorentina would be able to offer him that.

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2011/07/20/fiorentina-hoping-to-agree-alberto-aquilani-deal-with-liverpool-fc-100252-29086095/#ixzz1SdPCGasf
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:05 am

LiverpoolEcho has lost its sources ever since TLW was back... Plus, why would we sell him for less than 10m when he look's like the best midfielder at the club at the moment?

BeautifulGame wrote:It seems i am the only the Aqua doubter now Laughing

I still think he is not needed and we would be better of selling him for a decent price.

You and Sepi. You'll eventually turn.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:19 am

LIVERPOOL will step up their long-running pursuit of Jose Enrique this week after learning Newcastle United are ready to reluctantly cash in on the unsettled Spaniard.

Enrique has travelled to the United States with the Magpies squad and they kick off their tour schedule against Sporting Kansas City in the early hours of tomorrow morning.

But with manager Alan Pardew recently admitting the left-back had indicated an unwillingness to sign a new contract at St James’ Park, Liverpool are keen to test Newcastle’s resolve.

The Reds are still on the look out for a new left-back after losing out to Manchester City in the race for Gael Clichy.

Now Kenny Dalglish, the Liverpool boss, has instructed the money-men at the Merseyside club to work on a deal for Enrique, although Lyon’s Aly Cissokho remains a viable alternative.

Dalglish and his scouting team would prefer to sign the Newcastle defender, but a £10m price-tag has been enough to prevent a deal from taking place so far.

Newcastle have been determined to stand firm over the price, but Pardew is getting to the stage where he would like to know which players he has with him going in to the new season.

Enrique, who has rejected an improved extension to a contract that runs out at the end of next season, wants to move on and Pardew would prefer to have the money to reinvest in his squad.

The Newcastle has £8m in his budget set aside for a new striker, with an offer still on the table for Paris St Germain’s Mevlut Erdinc.

But for further additions to be made, Pardew knows offloading either Enrique or Joey Barton – who is more committed to the cause despite entering the final year of his deal – is key to further changes.

Liverpool are aware that Arsenal are in the hunt to bring in a replacement for Clichy and Enrique is also under consideration at the Emirates.

Dalglish, whose first team squad returns to training on Merseyside today after returning from a tour of Malaysia, is keen to make quick progress in his search to find the left-back that will bring an end to his summer spending.

Pardew has also begun to seriously think about a replacement, particularly after he conceded defeat in his pursuit of Neil Taylor.

Taylor’s decision to sign a four-year deal at Swansea means Newcastle are no nearer to bringing in a left-back, although they have been linked with a move for Wayne Bridge.

The need for a new full-back has been further heightened by news that Shane Ferguson could miss the start of the season with an ankle problem.

Ferguson had a further scan yesterday on the problem sustained in Friday’s friendly with Darlington.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle/9148162.Reds_move_for_Enrique/?ref=twtrec
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:44 am

Liverpool FC trial for Mexican teenager Marco Bueno
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2011/07/20/liverpool-fc-trial-for-mexican-teenager-marco-bueno-100252-29087999/
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next