TheRedStag
stevieg8
nj
Fahim89
:{Mr.Mustachio!
22 posters

Page 9 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 23  Next

Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by Guest Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:36 am

^^
Owners don't buy the players. They just prove the $$ to the manager and that's the way it should be.

The manager and director of football identify the targets, and then ask the owners for financial backing to buy them those targets.

John Henry has backed Kenny so far as far as I know, and he's done his part of the job well.

Back to top Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:02 am

poolsupporter wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:Aquilani is the Italian version of Jeo Cole (a year ago)i.e. the Joe Cole at Chelsea not here at Liverpool IMO.

Always a player touted with potential but never fulfilled the hype and he is 27 this season.He always shown flashes of brilliance but never found the consistency to be a top quality player.It was the same last season too with Juventus too when he struggled for consistency.Similar to what Cole used to show for Chelsea and England before his move here.That's why the likes of Montolivo are chased by Milan rather than Aquilani despite him willing to take a wage cut.I was hoping if he stays Kenny might be the best to unlock his potential but it may not be the case.

Also playing for Fiorentina might get the best out him.This is probably the first time in his career he will not be under huge pressure unlike at clubs like Us,Roma or Juventus.Maybe if he can have his best season yet at Fiorentina then we can sell him for a decent price to potential suitors rather than at the ridiculously cheap money(6 mil) offered by the likes of Juve this window.

Lol, this whole deal is complete BS.

First we are all excited he came to us. Granted he was injured, but every time, or almost every time he has featured for us, he has added creativity and been one of the better players on the pitch.

The thing I don't get with your argument about loaning Aquilani, is why doesn't the same apply to Joe Cole? His wage demands are even higher.

Either we sell him outright, or keep him. I like him as a player and believe he has a lot to add to the team. While the likes of Charlie Adam are good and he provides something, Aquilani provides us with that extra bit creativity and keeps every one around him on their feet, thinking one or two steps ahead.

Sending him out on loan suggests we have plans for him in the future. The likelihood of that being true is slim to none. Furthermore, this is a player who claims (or whose agent claims) that he wants to play in Italy.

The whole loan deal is pointless. It achieves absolutely nothing. And yes, I will judge our owners based on their transfers. They put forth a lot of new policies when it comes to transfers. We'll have to see what Andy Carroll or Jordan Henderson do. I am not saying I want them to fail, but it is only normal for us fans to question their reasoning behind the purchase.

It's been a decent window so far. If we get a decent left back, I'll call it a success. The one area where we are completely lacking has seen no improvements.

1.We are not loaning out Cole so far because there are no takers for him so far.

2.If we dont sell Aquilani outright and send him on loan is because there is no club who want to buy him.It means then that no one really that matters rates him that highly regardless of some here picture him as a high quality player.

If we loan him out doesnt suggest he feature in our future plans rather that we want to offload him desperately.

3.If we send him on loan its not pointless.Because then it will mean we are taking a player who doesnt feature in our manager's plan and also stop his market value being plummeting.

If Kenny feels Aquilani is below the pecking order after Gerrard Meireles and Adam for CM and is unlikely to feature much why should we keep him and let him rot on as a squad player who is on big wages.It will make more sense to loan him out than keep him if he is 4th choice midfielder and if his chances of playing are slim so that we could get a decent price for him next season.

All i am saying is judge our owners on how they back the manager not based on a player who probably is not wanted by Kenny.Are u saying our owners must keep Aquilani even if Kenny doesnt want him?

P.S.
I wasn't that excited when he came tbh.More like gutted that we are replacing a world class player in Alonso with an injury prone and decent player in Aquilani not a similar world class player.I was hoping we go for a swap deal with Madrid for Sniejder and cash for Alonso .That never happened unfortunately Sad

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:16 am; edited 2 times in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:10 am

Btw what happened to my Joe cole Aquilani post scratch .Either way i will repost it again.

Aquilani is the Italian version of Jeo Cole (a year ago)i.e. the Joe Cole at Chelsea not here at Liverpool IMO.

Always a player touted with potential but never fulfilled the hype and he is 27 this season.He always shown flashes of brilliance but never found the consistency to be a top quality player.It was the same last season too with Juventus too when he struggled for consistency.Similar to what Cole used to show for Chelsea and England before his move here.That's why the likes of Montolivo are chased by Milan rather than Aquilani despite him willing to take a wage cut.I was hoping if he stays Kenny might be the best to unlock his potential but it may not be the case.

Also playing for Fiorentina might get the best out him.This is probably the first time in his career he will not be under huge pressure unlike at clubs like Us,Roma or Juventus.Maybe if he can have his best season yet at Fiorentina then we can sell him for a decent price to potential suitors rather than at the ridiculously cheap money(6 mil) offered by the likes of Juve this window.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:44 am

@Sepi - Ultimately, owners make the decision whether a player is worth the transfer price being asked. The sporting directors and managers work towards scouting and finding players to fill deficiencies. It's up to the board and the owners to work out a deal. What I'm getting at with the above posts is that regardless of how much money we've got, we also have to look at the value we acquired from the amount we spent. (And yes, I understand the market aspect of this)

@BeautifulGame - How does sending a player on loan stop his value from plummeting? It can work either way. While the player is getting regular game time, he is losing a year on contract with our team. That loss of a year on contract consequently lowers his market value.

Where the hell did you manage to get the statement about Kenny not wanting Aquilani. If anything, it is the opposite. He has made a press statement saying Aquilani is in the plans for the squad. He has said nothing to suggest otherwise.

The point with this whole deal is this:

You claim he is far down the pecking order. As such, the likes of Henderson and Adam are going to always be a step above him. His likelihood of getting game time with us is slim. So why in the world would we want to loan him, as opposed to selling him? The statements regarding market value are crap. While playing time keeps the value up, loss of years in contract and growing age lower the value.

My judgement of the owners do not only rely on the transfer of one or two players. However, it would be stupid to not consider everything. And nowhere have I suggested that I plan on only using this one criteria. The stadium issue is one of the biggest factors in my judgement. (Which they seem to be doing well on) When the owners first came in, they made statements regarding the wage structure and issues at the club. From all accounts, it suggested they would be getting rid of the deadwood. I understand the players specifically have a say in it, but we've not seen that much activity in this area.

poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:01 am

So we moved from the midfield thread to here about talking about AA? scratch

You never seemed to reply to the last chat we had.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:04 am

If we are not selling Aquilani and not loaning him out that mean No one is interested in buying him.

If Kenny is happy to send him on loan then it means he wants to off load him no matter what he says to the press.kenny isnt going to say "I dont rate Aquilani" when someone in media asks about him.To believe that would be naive.

Action speaks louder than words.If we loan him out means then Kenny is happy to offload him.As simiple as that.

His market value may or maynot plummet while on loan but his market value will 100% plummet if rotes on the squad playing occational league cup match.

So it makes sense to loan him if we cant sell him for a decent price now.

Ofcourse all this is based on the assumption that we are happy to loan him out.It may turn out complete BS though that seems unlikely.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:12 am

If we are not selling Aquilani and not loaning him out that mean No one is interested in buying him.

Or you know... Kenny sees him as a talented player and wants to keep him?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:13 am

ynwa wrote:
Overrated? Really? You are aware nearly every LFC fan wants him out right? You are also aware nearly every LFC fan rates Charlie ADAM over AA... If anything, he's underrated.

Meireles is not a superior player. He's had 1 year experience in the PL. The Portuguese league is not greater than Serie A, and AA has played in the Serie A all his career bar that 1 year he was at Liverpool. How is Raul "proven in every level"?

Adam is NOT way more adaptable. Where the hell did you get that from?

I assume this is the post u are referring to.Sorry i missed the post not neglected it. Embarassed

For starters Meireles is proved with Portugal and in CL with Porto not just portugese league.Aquilani has never played even started 20 league games in his career till last season.

Meireles had a very good season with us and proved his quality with us.Even voted Fans PL player of the year and came 2nd in our best player in official website.

Aquilani never had a quality season ever in his career let alone in PL and add to his injury records.

Hence Meireles is proven in PL CL and in international level unlike Aquilani who never had a quality season in his career.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:14 am

ynwa wrote:

Then Kenny wont loan him out and he will be a Liverpool player come Sep 1.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:19 am

BeautifulGame wrote:
ynwa wrote:
Overrated? Really? You are aware nearly every LFC fan wants him out right? You are also aware nearly every LFC fan rates Charlie ADAM over AA... If anything, he's underrated.

Meireles is not a superior player. He's had 1 year experience in the PL. The Portuguese league is not greater than Serie A, and AA has played in the Serie A all his career bar that 1 year he was at Liverpool. How is Raul "proven in every level"?

Adam is NOT way more adaptable. Where the hell did you get that from?

I assume this is the post u are referring to.Sorry i missed the post not neglected it. Embarassed

For starters Meireles is proved with Portugal and in CL with Porto not just portugese league.Aquilani has never played even started 20 league games in his career till last season.

Meireles had a very good season with us and proved his quality with us.Even voted Fans PL player of the year and came 2nd in our best player in official website.

Aquilani never had a quality season ever in his career let alone in PL and add to his injury records.

Hence Meireles is proven in PL CL and in international level unlike Aquilani who never had a quality season in his career.

All good. :coffee:

Meireles may have proved with Portugal, but AA did with Italy too. If it wasn't for his injuries, he'd be in the starting XI in a heartbeat. Especially the form he had at Roma.

AA was a fan favourite come the end of the season when he moved to us. Sure Raul's work rate is better than Aquilani's, AA is superior in terms of creativty and bringing down the tempo of the game. The technique of both is equal, though AA is better at passing while Raul is better at shooting.

AA never had a quality season? scratch
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:19 am

BeautifulGame wrote:
ynwa wrote:

Then Kenny wont loan him out and he will be a Liverpool player come Sep 1.

What makes you sure Kenny wants to loan him out?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:24 am

ynwa wrote:

Quality season in the sense where he was consistently produced good performances throughout the season.I dont think he ever had such a season with Roma ,Liverpool or juventus last season.Probably will be blamed on injuries but he has never really found the consistency to ba a quality player unlike Meireles IMO.Thats why i compared him to Cole of Chelsea.

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:26 am

BeautifulGame wrote:If we are not selling Aquilani and not loaning him out that mean No one is interested in buying him.

If Kenny is happy to send him on loan then it means he wants to off load him no matter what he says to the press.kenny isnt going to say "I dont rate Aquilani" when someone in media asks about him.To believe that would be naive.

Action speaks louder than words.If we loan him out means then Kenny is happy to offload him.As simiple as that.

His market value may or maynot plummet while on loan but his market value will 100% plummet if rotes on the squad playing occational league cup match.

So it makes sense to loan him if we cant sell him for a decent price now.

Ofcourse all this is based on the assumption that we are happy to loan him out.It may turn out complete BS though that seems unlikely.

I don't get how you manage to assume his market value will fall if he stays, but MAY or MAY NOT fall if he leaves. Either way, his contract shortens and he grows older. He isn't at a stage in his career where he is going to develop some godly skills.

You keep missing the point I'm making. If Kenny doesn't want him and has no plans to feature him, then why in the world are we hanging onto the last threads. Why not just let him go? I'd rather we cut our losses now rather than later when he WILL be worth less. I'm almost certain we could find a buyer for him.

poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:27 am

BeautifulGame wrote:
ynwa wrote:

Quality season in the sense where he was consistently produced good performances throughout the season.I dont think he ever had such a season with Roma ,Liverpool or juventus last season.Probably will be blamed on injuries but he has never really found the consistency to ba a quality player unlike Meireles IMO.Thats why i compared him to Cole of Chelsea.

As mentioned earlier, every single time he has played for us, he has generally been one of the better players on the field with good performances. He may not always have a world class performance, but his consistent quality has always been there.

poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:33 am

poolsupporter wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:
ynwa wrote:

As mentioned earlier, every single time he has played for us, he has generally been one of the better players on the field with good performances. He may not always have a world class performance, but his consistent quality has always been there.

Come on he played 9 or 10 games for us where he was again inconsistent not consistent quality.He was quality against Portsmouth and Atletico but struggled against a better midfield in Spurs and kept giving the ball away plenty of times.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:40 am

poolsupporter wrote:
I don't get how you manage to assume his market value will fall if he stays, but MAY or MAY NOT fall if he leaves. Either way, his contract shortens and he grows older. He isn't at a stage in his career where he is going to develop some godly skills.

You keep missing the point I'm making. If Kenny doesn't want him and has no plans to feature him, then why in the world are we hanging onto the last threads. Why not just let him go? I'd rather we cut our losses now rather than later when he WILL be worth less. I'm almost certain we could find a buyer for him.

If Kenny doesnt rate him and dont want to play him and let him rot on the squad this season not playing much PL games this season dont u think his value will plummet to a great extent?

Whereas if we loan him out and he has a good season for Fiorentina then there might be a few takers who might be willing to pay a decent price for him unlike now where no one seems to be willing to take him permanently.

We may not be letting him go and not cutting our losses because we are unable to do so.How can we cut our losses if no one is willing to pay a decent price for him?

Based on media reports only club seem to be interested in Aquilani is Fiorentina and even they are willing to take him only on loan.Not sure how u can say we could certainly find a buyer for him when that seems unlikely.

I dont think for a moment if want to offload Aquilani and some one is willing to pay decent price we would insist on loan deal.If we are sending him on loan means that we want to offload him and unfortunately there are no permanent takers for him IMO.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:15 am

Victorian Angban way to Liverpool

Trained at the Stade d'Abidjan, Victorian Angban is en route to Liverpool FC . A memorandum of agreement was reached on Monday between the three parties. After the traditional medical visit, the international Ivory Coast U17 commit for five years with the Reds . Angban Victorian was the expedition of the U17 selection of Ivory Coast at the last World Class, Mexico. The Elephants were eliminated by the team of France in the knockout stage (3-2). Just like Souleymane Coulibaly, top scorer in the competition (9 units), who signed for Tottenham, young players Ivory Coast managed to entice several observers of English football.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:39 am

I don't see the obsession here with loaning him. >.>"

He will not leave on loan.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:34 pm

ynwa wrote:I don't see the obsession here with loaning him. >.>"

He will not leave on loan.

U are in for a shock then Razz He is leaving on loan.Only personal terms to be agreed with Fiorentina according to his agent.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/26/liverpool-alberto-aquilani-fiorentina-loan

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:45 pm

Meanwhile, Mexico Under-17 striker Marco Bueno is set to arrive next month with a view to signing what may well be a five-year contract.

His current club Pachuca held a meeting with the player and his parents yesterday to agree arrangements, with the youngster reportedly due on Merseyside sometime between August 10 and 12 to begin training with the reserves.

''A pre-contract with the parents and Bueno was signed to be sent to Liverpool,'' vice-president Andres Fassi told El Universal. ''So we are accepting the 10-day trial and the conditions, if the English decide to keep him.''

Bueno, talking about the prospective move to England, told Record: ''I have to face it with great motivation and commitment to represent the country in the best way, and with faith that everything is achievable.''

Asked about having the chance of playing alongside some of Liverpool's stars he added: ''Yes, I really do want that. It's a life experience that I will never forget, I'm very excited about that and will give my best. Where the opportunity arises I will make the most.''

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/937434/liverpool-label-lucas-transfer-rumours-%27rubbish%27?cc=5901
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:46 pm

Marco Bueno signing pre-contract with Liverpool

Under-17 striker created his signature on the document that links with the Reds box, just waiting to recover from his injury to go to the British island and start their tests

After four hours of meeting in the boardroom of Club Pachuca, Marco Bueno came with his parents and siblings with a smile from ear to ear, to share the news of his departure to Europe. Today affixed his signature on the pre-contract and 12 or August 13 will take the flight to England.

"I feel very happy and very motivated, being my family here I feel a mattress of highly motivated, and that's enough to face any challenge. Yes, I am a Liverpool shirt with or with the Pachuca, what God wants is fine, and where the opportunity arises I will make the most. "

As Well be fit to fly to Liverpool for the trial period, so the player and look forward to eating to be one hundred percent and meet the first part of his dream as a footballer.

"Whenever you notice you is a big commitment and motivation, then I have to face it with great motivation and commitment to represent the country in the best way, and with faith that everything is achievable."

He said he has the full support of the directive Tuza in this adventure, and hopes that one day soon to share the field with Steven Gerard, and Luis Suarez DYRK Kuit, among others.

"Yes, I really do want that. It's a life experience that I will never forget, I'm very excited about that and then everything, and give my best. "

On the injury he suffered in his left leg, Marco Bueno explained that he began with work and will be tomorrow when you do another test to determine the recovery time.

"Already I jogged, I felt much better after the workout and tomorrow I will evaluate to see if I can train one hundred percent or if we are slowly, but then I'm coming off the injury," concluded

http://www.record.com.mx/mexicanosenelextranjero/2011-07-25/marco-bueno-firma-precontrato-con-el-liverpool
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:48 pm

Seems like we have also signed another youngster from Spain too.

rorysmith_tel Rory Smith
Looks like #LFC have closed deals to sign youngsters Marco Bueno and Nacho. Know the latter really stood out on trial 2 weeks ago.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:50 pm

Liverpool agree year loan deal with Fiorentina.Only personal terms to be agreed.

Alberto Aquilani's agent has claimed a deal is in place with Liverpool to take the midfielder to Fiorentina.

The 27-year-old Italy international, a £17m signing from Roma in 2009, appears surplus to requirements at Anfield and is widely expected to join La Viola on a season-long loan.

Aquilani's agent, Franco Zavaglia, has revealed the deal now hinges only on the player agreeing personal terms with the Serie A club.

"The agreement between Fiorentina and Alberto has not yet been reached," Zavaglia told Gazzetta dello Sport. "If we talk of an agreement, that was only reached between the two clubs, because Fiorentina did not come to any decision with us."

Aquilani has failed to settle at Liverpool since signing a five-year deal following his big-money arrival two years ago. He has made just 28 appearances for the club and spent last season on loan at Juventus.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/26/liverpool-alberto-aquilani-fiorentina-loan
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:14 pm

Considering it's being implied/reported that the major hang-up on Aquilani leaving (on loan or otherwise) is a 1.5m "handshake" that he wants from the club I cannot see any case where a loan is a good, or even neutral, choice. We're not really saving anything if we pay him to get him off our wage books on loan.

In the end, though, none of us know what Kenny plans NOR do the papers. So, rather than going at each others' throats can't we keep this on a light tone? Not to say it's gotten bad, but just in case its easier to say this now than clean up later.

Also, I'd like to thank everyone for not posting or overreacting to the bollocks rumour from the shiterag as some other LFC forums have.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:20 pm

So... Lucas perhaps on his way out, eh?

Nice to see us signing some youngsters.

Tired of Aquilani stuff. Another year-long loan and his resale value will have again decreased.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:02 pm

soooo...

linked with Alvaro Pereira for the LB position (Uruguay/Porto).
dont know him that much but he does looks like he would be a good signing i reckon
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 23  Next