The Franchise
B-Mac
Great Leader Sprucenuce
LeSwagg James
Freeza
21 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 27 Feb 2015, 15:58

Ok not crap but nowhere near the level expected and certainly nowhere near the level Curry or Harden was and have been showing.

Also it wasn't just the numbers it was in general performance, Curry and Harden's numbers don't come close to explaining how great they have been. Yes we expect more of him but it's not just that he just flat out wasn't better than them(and he wasn't even close) until his break.

As I said he's been brilliant since return and the only one who can even argued to have performed better is Westbrook. But like Lebron I don't consider Westbrook to be realistic either because Curry and Harden have been doing this all season and not 6 weeks.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by izzy Fri 27 Feb 2015, 16:08

But that's the point.
"The Level expected". A level that only he can produce. I don't expect anyone else to meet that. He's competing against himself, a battle he won't win.

If Curry and Harden were playing the way Lebron did before he took his "break", they would still be the MVP frontrunners.

Because it's Lebron, it "eh, expect more."

That's why he's not an MVP candidate to me.
Not because of what Curry or Harden has done, because he isn't playing at the previous levels he has played at (It's still damn good).
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 27 Feb 2015, 16:22

I disagree if Curry or Harden were playing like he was before his break I wouldn't consider them MVP favourites like I don't consider him one.

As I said before its not just numbers, his performance level just wasn't good enough and a lot worse than his individual numbers indicate not to mention his team struggled which matters.

If it were just about individual numbers then Davis would be a clear favourite and it wouldn't be close but as it is he isn't and isn't close. I consider Curry because his team has the best record and his performance level has been consistently higher than anyone elses, I consider Harden because he's carried a limited offensive team to one of the best records without Dwight Howard.

Like it or not these things matter, my expectations of Lebron don't come into it and neither do his numbers. What comes into it is consistency, general performance and impact on team success of which Lebron lags behind in comparison to the two favourites.

It's why Durant won it last year. He was more consistent, had a higher level of general performance and was a bigger contributor to team success. The numbers side by side wasn't that different but was significantly different were the 3 things I mentioned.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri 27 Feb 2015, 16:39

Agree to disagree then.

There's no way in hell to me that if Curry or Harden were playing like that, that they wouldn't be the frontrunners still. Just wouldn't happen.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 27 Feb 2015, 17:45

Some good news, Bulls say the surgery for Rose was minor and he should be back before the end of the regular season.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri 27 Feb 2015, 17:48

Bron was battling injuries for the first bit of the season, besides he wasn't that bad.. He's outplayed Curry and Harden for the past 20 games though

I don't think he's passed them just yet but he's right there, if he continues this until the end he will win.. That would be half the season as the clear MVP, the more important half btw :coffee:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 27 Feb 2015, 17:56

LeSwagg James wrote:Bron was battling injuries for the first bit of the season, besides he wasn't that bad.. He's outplayed Curry and Harden for the past 20 games though

I don't think he's passed them just yet but he's right there, if he continues this until the end he will win.. That would be half the season as the clear MVP, the more important half btw :coffee:

I don't disagree but him winning it is dependent on what Curry and Harden do if they keep it up then there's little he can do as they both have a head start which they can cling to.

Same goes for Westbrook, he can average triple doubles for rest of season lol but to me he's still dependant on what others do to make ground.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri 27 Feb 2015, 19:53

Successful surgery for D-Rose. Thumbs up

They say he could be back in 4-6 weeks.

This is good right?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri 27 Feb 2015, 23:49

izzy wrote:Successful surgery for D-Rose. Thumbs up

They say he could be back in 4-6 weeks.

This is good right?

I don't expect anything out of him anymore tbh.. Wish him the best but that's about it
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri 27 Feb 2015, 23:50

D-Rose will turn 90 before Bill Russell. That body is done.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat 28 Feb 2015, 00:16

Wizards,Pistons,Blazers,Bucks and Spurs all to win

Agree lads?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat 28 Feb 2015, 00:41

OKC will beat Blazers hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat 28 Feb 2015, 00:43

ffs mole said the same thing

vagi
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat 28 Feb 2015, 00:43

RealGunner wrote:ffs mole said the same thing

vagi

I'm biased though, Bestbrook is my fav player Proud

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat 28 Feb 2015, 00:44

Read everywhere Blazers are favourites Sad

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat 28 Feb 2015, 00:47

RealGunner wrote:Read everywhere Blazers are favourites Sad

It's pretty even tbh, would stay away from it.

Or bet on X hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat 28 Feb 2015, 00:51

Gonna watch that match Molenation
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat 28 Feb 2015, 01:32

Freeza wrote:D-Rose will turn 90 before Bill Russell. That body is done.

That's not the problem, he still gets where he wants when he tries but he doesn't do it consistently because he doesn't trust his body.

It's all mental, his physical traits haven't really diminished he just doesn't believe in himself to do it every possession and picks and chooses moments.

He's definitely capable he just has a mental block which he's struggled to overcome.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat 28 Feb 2015, 01:35

RealGunner wrote:Wizards,Pistons,Blazers,Bucks and Spurs all to win

Agree lads?

I would say no against Wizards usually atm because they are playing like crap, but Sixers are so bad that this is the exception to the current rule.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat 28 Feb 2015, 01:40

LETS GO PISTOOOOOOOOMSSSS
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat 28 Feb 2015, 01:43

RealGunner wrote:Read everywhere Blazers are favourites Sad

I find that strange tbh, Blazers have a great team but OKC have been as good as anyone recently and I wouldn't be against them against anyone tbh.

It could easily go both ways though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat 28 Feb 2015, 01:43

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Freeza wrote:D-Rose will turn 90 before Bill Russell. That body is done.

That's not the problem, he still gets where he wants when he tries but he doesn't do it consistently because he doesn't trust his body.

It's all mental, his physical traits haven't really diminished he just doesn't believe in himself to do it every possession and picks and chooses moments.

He's definitely capable he just has a mental block which he's struggled to overcome.

His knee is going to be Brandon Roy level in a season no doubt. He obviously can't stay healthy for a consistent amount of time. It's not only mental, his body is so fragile.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat 28 Feb 2015, 01:48

4-6 week for D-Rose? Anyone know what op he actually had?

Such a short recovery time, sounds to me like they removed the torn section...which means he will get arthritis in the knee down the line and will have cut his career short/cause him great problems ala Roy or Wade.

Hope for his sake this wasnt the case and they repaired the tear, but that usually is a 2-3 month recovery period at least, as far as I know.

Lebron from MVP? Yeah alright mate lol

If we ignore the first 3 months of the season then he is right in the running.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat 28 Feb 2015, 01:49

Well maybe but just saying his performances this year haven't been as a result of losing athleticism as he can still get into the paint whenever he feels like it.

Problem is he doesn’t have confidence to do it all the time because he's mentally not really confident they won't explode again.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat 28 Feb 2015, 01:53

Dani from what I understand it was a very minor tear, they cited Mcdermott as having an identical tear and he was back to practice in 3 weeks.

Obviously Mcdermott doesn’t have the history Rose has, for a more high profile comparison it's apparently similar to what Westbrook had and he was back in a month.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat 28 Feb 2015, 01:55

Rose had a meniscectomy which is a removal of the meniscus, partial or fully. Stupid and desperate move from Rose. Could really hurt his knee down the line.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next