Nishankly
Curtinho
iftikhar
26 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2015 - Page 26 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2015

Post by Helmer Mon May 18, 2015 8:42 am

if we fail to sign one of Lacazette or Higuain, I would like us to get Jovetic. I think we can take care of him but that means we should sell Lambert and Borini both. So Jovetic and another player like Vietto or we should look at Yesil once.

I dont understand how come Sinclair is ahead of Yesil, because as I remember Yesil was not injured. In case if Yesil is not going to play in the next season, I would loan him to a mid table German team like Dortmund (or any other team from 5th to 8th) after they lose Auba :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon May 18, 2015 11:09 am

Jovetic??? Isn't he injury-prone too!!! And his conversion is way worse than Sturridge.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Mon May 18, 2015 2:45 pm

iftikhar wrote:Jovetic??? Isn't he injury-prone too!!! And his conversion is way worse than Sturridge.

Well who the fucc do you expect us to sign without top4?? A WC striker who is better than Sturridge? We should be the happiest people if we manage to sign Jovetic, which I highly doubt anyway.
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon May 18, 2015 4:52 pm

the recent rumors, although not from the best of sources

Lacazette
Vidal

:coffee:

Well we all know if it comes out from the best of sources we aren't pulling these off scratch
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon May 18, 2015 4:56 pm

BusterLfc wrote:
iftikhar wrote:Jovetic??? Isn't he injury-prone too!!! And his conversion is way worse than Sturridge.

Well who the fucc do you expect us to sign without top4?? A WC striker who is better than Sturridge? We should be the happiest people if we manage to sign Jovetic, which I highly doubt anyway.
So rude Sad
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon May 18, 2015 5:49 pm

I'd love Jovetic here
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon May 18, 2015 6:45 pm

Said it before, Jovetic doesn't score enough for me, it'd be like Balotelli mk2, a skillful player who isn't what we need.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon May 18, 2015 8:34 pm

Jovetic is more injured than Sturridge.

May as well sign Art instead

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon May 18, 2015 9:19 pm

Well Jovetic and Balotelli are different players, very much imo. Jovetic had scored 13 and 14 goals before he joined City. It is not that he is not clinical with this finish, he can finish well his chances. Off course I am worried about his injury issues but I just hope our medical team takes care of him hmm I dont think his issues are Sturrisge isque !!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon May 18, 2015 9:24 pm

^ Forget his City spell. He was also a sick note in Fiorentina.

Also...we will have had players from Serbia/Croatia/Montenegro in our squad. Not good for chemistry. If we are to sign a Balkan player, one must go. Lovren and Markovic last summer, Jovetic next...we'll sign some Albanian folk next. Can't have a civil war inside our dressing room.

Speaking of Lovren. As long as he gets sold, the window is a success. Him and Balotelli are the face and hallmark of a failed summer and season last year. Equivalent to Poulsen and Koncehsky of 2010. I want shot of those 2 ASAP.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon May 18, 2015 9:30 pm

I share your hate for Mario and Dejan, Sepp. The Civil war thing Laughing

Jovetic is injury prone but he's nothing like Balotelli. I mean absolutely nothing. Jovetic is actually a great SS and could play any attacking role. He would do well being a big fish in a small pond like Liverpool instead of having to fight for his place against other world class players.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon May 18, 2015 10:23 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:Jovetic is more injured than Sturridge.

May as well sign Art instead
Art has injury issues Suspect hmm
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon May 18, 2015 10:36 pm

Unreal Sterling news doing the rounds on twitter, I cant stomach that. Looks like he's as good as gone.

Need another winger now who would guarantee 10 goals a season at the minimum now :s
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon May 18, 2015 11:23 pm

^ Sterling played striker half the season and still didn't give us 10goals/season.

Replacing his actual productivity shouldn't be too hard. but then again, we're Liverpool FC and usually terrible at transfers.

Not arsed with him either way. We can make him rot on 35k/week for 2 years or sell if Bayern/City/Arsenal bid over 30M.

win-win for me.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue May 19, 2015 4:23 am

Sterling + 20m for Bale hmm

We value Sterling at about 40m I'd say . And I'd say Bales price tag has fallen somewhat with this season him turning into a scapegoat so a valuation of 60m might do it. That would equate to about 83m euros which will definitely entice Madrid imo.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue May 19, 2015 5:24 am

His not taking a pay cut to come here.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue May 19, 2015 5:24 am

But would absloutley love to see the madrid fans have a run at sterling.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue May 19, 2015 6:15 am

If Sterling asked for a move last summer, I would have been absolutely gutted. After the previous season, I thought Sterling was going to go from strength to strength. But if anything, he has stalled or even regressed in his development this season, imho. Now I feel partially relieved that he might hand in a transfer request, it would make it clear. I just hope we don't get stubborn over him and force him to stay, I don't think he's worth it.

The only thing about this I don't like is that Depay would have been the perfect replacement. With Sterling in the squad, it would have been difficult to fit in a player like Depay. Now he could have come, but United got there first.

I hope we sell Sterling, but also need to do something better with the money than another Markovic.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue May 19, 2015 7:31 am

Meh, all the best to him and still has my respect. Which would naturally change if he goes to the wrong club ie rival etc.

Suarez, Gerrard, Sterling all gone in practically a year. lmao

Who's next? My bets on Coutinho after we fail yet another season under this clown.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue May 19, 2015 7:50 am

^ Honestly, what has he done to deserve any respect ? (beside the fact that he;s probably your senior)

We were in our best form of the season....until this brat went and gave an un-sanctioned interview to BBC flirting with Arsenal a dew days before we play them. How unprofessional can you be to do it to the club that's paying you ??

He turned down 100k/week. He said he'd have signed the deal last summer. He then managed to stink the place out at our biggest games of the season (something Carragher mentioned on Sky) , so if he wants to win trophies and isn't leaving for money, he should take the big games by scruff of the neck, and not go hiding. The less said about his form lately the better.

Not to mention his off the pitch behaviour and overall disrespect to fans at Anfield and on the road (straight down the tunnel, not acknolwedging the fans, etc).

I had utter respect for Suarez. Because he was a professional. We convinced him to stay an extra year and he gave all 110% of his effort. He loved playing football and winning. Do you think if we force Sterling to stay another year, he'd do a Suarez and play his best footy ? No, he'd just sulk until his contract runs out. Some people are in for their love of footy, some not.

Also....we lost likes of Alonso, Mascherano, and Torres before this "Clown". Losing players has little to do with managers in our case. Any club other than Barca/Madrid are a selling club (see Ronaldo leaving Man U after they'd won so many titles in a row and CL)...but there is something rotten in core of our club. It has been for years.

It runs from the board and owners to the manager and now to the players. Lack of winning mentality. It has stunk the place out. Winning isn't a priority, the whole model is "developing players". That's where it's wrong.

Players are motivated by 2 things. Money and trophies. We keep losing players because we can't offer either to our top players. Because when you look back, some of our finest players of last decade (Torres, Suarez, Agger, Skrtel, Kuyt, Macherano, etc) only have ONE LEAGUE CUP to show for their LFC careers. tHIS HAS been going on for a decade now.

It's a rotten poison in the club. We need winning mentality back from the club, and it must start with the owners. Now that FFP is scrapped, let's see their true ambition. Both in player recruitment, as well as Manager recruitment. though I have a feeling with FFP gone, FSG will sooner sell us because FFP was one of the main reasons they bought us according to Werner. My prediction is after end of Stadium expansion in 2018. They'll make 200% profit and boom. They are Americans after all, all they care is about money...not anything else such as competing or trophies.

The club needs to become ruthless and winners again. We're way too much of a soft touch. AT ALL FRONTS.

Last edited by Natalie Portman on Tue May 19, 2015 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue May 19, 2015 7:57 am

And I ain't putting the blame on the owners. But they need to decide on a direction soon, and quick., BECAUSE this summer is very important.

They haven't hid the fact that "Arsenal Model" of 2005-13 is their ideal way. They wanted a DOF first, then they abandoned the idea and made a committee. They said they want to win things here, yet sacked a winner and hired a guy who hadn't won anything in his career. Our net spend per window with them is a measly 12M pounds. They seem to want to overcome competition by outsmarting them (stats, billy beane, moneyball, developing, sell-on value etc), but so far it has backfired on them and give them a silly face.

They need to be decisive for once this summer and decide which direction they want to take this club. Be a feeder club like Spurs, or actually try to compete with the big boys for the big prizes.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue May 19, 2015 8:04 am

I have given up on Rodgers myself....but honestly it feels like RA thinks once he goes, everything in the club will be rosy and we'll be back to Top4/title challenge every year and be relevant in Europe again.

We won't. There are a lot of things wrong with the club. Rodgers is only one of them.

We finished 7th, 6th, and 8th in seasons before he took over. The "clown", "cancer" wasn't here in these times to be blamed for our players wanting out.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue May 19, 2015 8:06 am

Flirting with Arsenal?

READ HIS QUOTES FROM THAT INTERVIEW FFS

He turned down 100k a week. Fair play to him. He said this isn't for the money. And that it's about winning trophies. He would of signed it this time last year because we had Suarez which essentially meant we had a future. IF he does leave, I'm pretty sure he'll agree 100k no problems if it's to a team that is a genuine top team. We're rebuilding. AGAIN.

Suarez has the best (imo) mentality in the world. You can't compare the two.

We lost the likes of Alonso, Mascherano and Torres because of our financial position in the past. We're not exactly on the verge of crippling debt almost hitting administration right now, are we?  We lost Suarez because after spending 200m+ (under Dalglish and clown combined) we failed to actually build a "top" team. Suarez left for the exact same reason. To win trophies. Coutinho will do the same soon, too just you wait. There's always excuses for Liverpool in the market. Always. And every "excuse" is the stupidest shit you read. Just say it how it is. If you continuously buy quantity over quality (and then struggle with DEPTH AND QUALITY at the same time and blame it for a top player leaving) why are the players that genuinely want to win shit stay around? Especially when you share the same ambition as f********* Tottenham.

I agree with you. We do have a lack of winning mentality. Has nothing to do with the owners though. They actually DO support the manager which is their only job. It's essentially the manager that needs to have that mentality. And look at who's in charge. Sir Brendan, the savior of Liverpool Football Club. I've said it half way through a title run season. He's not good enough. Suarez carried us. On all fronts. Our manager is inexperienced. He's stubborn. He's arrogant. He's stupid tactically (I have no idea where this myth came about where he's smart tactically, honestly have no clue). He needs to leave. Simply put. He's holding us back. The sooner we get a winner coach that genuinely knows how to assemble a team we'll be better off and be actually able to ahold top players/our key players. Because with Suarez and  Gerrard gone we literally have no leadership at all. Johnson and Kolo are also on the way out. Enrique is rumoured out. Where's our dressing room at? Ben Smith is saying Sterling is leaving because of Rodgers pretty much. Shambles. From management to the squad.

And I assure you it won't change at all if we keep ahold of Rodgers. Same problems every season. Same excuses every season, too.

Last edited by Red Alert on Tue May 19, 2015 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue May 19, 2015 8:08 am

Natalie Portman wrote:

We finished 7th, 6th, and 8th in seasons before he took over. The "clown", "cancer" wasn't here in these times to be blamed for our players wanting out.

I'm sure that had nothing to do with the fact that we were about to get liquidated as a club. Rolling Eyes

Keep thinking it's not Rodgers fault. That he's just unfortunate. That he's good enough. Laughing
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue May 19, 2015 8:17 am

that was a good post by Natalie, no one is saying Rodgers in current state is good enough but you cant blame only Rodgers for what we have gone through over the last few years. That is all at least I am saying.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue May 19, 2015 8:22 am

What are you on about?

You can't compare the two at all. rofl

We lost players because we couldn't afford to buy players and needed to sell because of our debts.

We're now debt free pretty much. We now lose players because we have no idea on how to spend the money. We sell "top" players because they want to win shit, which normally means we end up buying shit for inflated fees. One becomes good. Carries us for abit. Same old shit. And then we bitch about it. Because it's not his fault. Because Suarez or something something. I have no idea what's going on with you people but I mean ffs I can't anymore. Laughing
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next