Summer Transfer Window 2015 - Page 14 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2015

Post by Nishankly Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:27 pm

Get in there Origi lad

Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:56 pm

I agree with Seppi we need two goalscoring options coming in the summer.

Depay rumors are very good and hopefully we can pull it off as the interest does seem real. On top of that we'll still need an actual starting ST. Higuain, Vietto, Lacazette or someone of that mold.

Having Depay and Higgy/Lacazette/Vietto starting for us next season next to Coutinho and possibly Sterling is a very good front 4. Sturridge could be the secret weapon whenever fit. We'd have good depth as well with Origi, Ibe, and Markovic.

So in essence 2 starting attackers could really put us back in contention for good things I believe. Everything else should be secondary to that. CM, starting Goalkeeper, fullback, all of it secondary to the two attackers.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:37 pm

However, former Kop favourite Kuyt wants the exciting Dutch international, who played under Louis van Gaal at last year's World Cup, to follow in his footsteps and head for Anfield.

"I look through red glasses because I played six years for Liverpool," Kuyt said.

"Only when Memphis does that will be realise just how big Liverpool are.

"Of course it would be an advantage at Manchester United because he knows the manager.

"On the other hand it is important at his age that he plays every week. That's the only way he can develop."

Agent Kuyt.

Molenation
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:40 pm

Art Morte wrote:
iftikhar wrote:
Art Morte wrote:

Err, more like £20m.
Are you saying that we can't expect E5 mil a piece from Coates, Wisdom, Enrique, Alberto, Aspas, Borini and Lambert hmm

Obviously not getting that much. We got reportedly £1.5m for Kelly, that's the kind of figure we'd be looking with Coates and Wisdom. Lambert is staying, I can't understand why people keep bringing him up on these lists. Borini could go for £5m-£10m, Alberto and Aspas for £2m-4m and Enrique anywhere between free and five million - although I don't know should we be looking to sell him, we've only got two left-backs.

The bottom line is that when you're selling unwanted scrubs, you won't get 50m, you will get peanuts.
Balotelli alone should fetch £10m. Borini, Alberto and Aspas each should fetch £5m a piece. The rest would be worth peanuts but a grand total of £30m is quite possible.

What I actually want to say is, our TC, management should be efficient in disposing assets in addition to being efficient in acquiring them.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:52 pm

But yeah the priority this summer has to be goals. Rodgers has shown the ability to adapt his system to its players, but no matter how good we are defensively, or how many scoring chances we create we're not going to go anywhere unless we have finish. I don't think we should leave it to chance that we have players that will develop decent finishing or that Origi is the answer to our problems. We need to bring in reliable players that can score goals.

Even if the only thing we did this summer was blow our transfer purse on Memphis and a striker that can score (Higuain?) that would be enough to really change our fortunes.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:58 pm

Goalkeepers
1 Brad Jones
22 Simon Mignolet
52 Danny Ward

Defenders
2 Glen Johnson
3 José Enrique
4 Kolo Touré
6 Dejan Lovren
17 Mamadou Sakho
18 Alberto Moreno
19 Javier Manquillo
37 Martin Škrtel
38 Jon Flanagan

Midfielders
8 Steven Gerrard
10 Philippe Coutinho
14 Jordan Henderson
20 Adam Lallana
21 Lucas Leiva
23 Emre Can
24 Joe Allen
31 Raheem Sterling
33 Jordon Ibe
50 Lazar Marković
53 João Carlos Teixeira

Forwards
9 Rickie Lambert
15 Daniel Sturridge
29 Fabio Borini
45 Mario Balotelli

Luis Alberto
Iago Aspas
Andre Wisdom
Sebastián Coates
Oussama Assaidi

Divock Origi
Tiago Ilori

The guys in bold have no business being at LFC. So much deadwood. We can recuperate atleast 35m-40m from this.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:05 am

I agree with that list Nishy. I would add Joe Schmoe, Danny Ward, and Lovren on that bolded list.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:26 am

Tex and Manquillo are good players. But will sadly leave in summer. Manquillo was our best defender by far in first half of the season and somehow got bombed out after he reached 10 league appearances. I'm convinced it's got something to do with a clause in his contract.

Anyways, Agreed with the rest however. I won't miss the bolded part at all. It'll be hard to contribute less to the season.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:46 am

Nishy wrote:Goalkeepers
1 Brad Jones Free
22 Simon Mignolet
52 Danny Ward

Defenders
2 Glen Johnson Free
3 José Enrique
4 Kolo Touré Free
6 Dejan Lovren
17 Mamadou Sakho
18 Alberto Moreno
19 Javier Manquillo Loan
37 Martin Škrtel
38 Jon Flanagan

Midfielders
8 Steven Gerrard Free
10 Philippe Coutinho
14 Jordan Henderson
20 Adam Lallana
21 Lucas Leiva
23 Emre Can
24 Joe Allen
31 Raheem Sterling
33 Jordon Ibe
50 Lazar Marković
53 João Carlos Teixeira

Forwards
9 Rickie Lambert
15 Daniel Sturridge
29 Fabio Borini
45 Mario Balotelli

Luis Alberto
Iago Aspas Obligated to Buy
Andre Wisdom
Sebastián Coates
Oussama Assaidi
Already gone

Divock Origi
Tiago Ilori

Have been discussing this in last few posts. Would be happy with £30m.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:59 am

Natalie Portman wrote:

Balotelli thriving under the most "Pressing-orientated" manager in the world ? :lucas:

Klopp has authroity.

Did miracles with Lewand.

He'll do miracles with Mario. Mario is also the more 'natural talented' out of the two. :coffee:

I'll give you 6 months to 2 years pass to say I'm wrong and that you disagree with me again. :coffee:

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:45 am

Jurgen Klopp and FSG are relationships that are never going to happen . . . hmm
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:59 am

Klopp and Mario...lol this guy thinks Suarez was a 10 at Ajax what a clown. I don't know how I keep reading his posts.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:51 pm

Last week it was reported that the 21-year-old flew to England to hold talks with Liverpool, but Brendan Rodgers refused to confirm his interest in the attacker when asked during a press conference.

Rodgers said on supposed interest in Depay, “I can’t confirm either way – you know me, in terms of speculation of players,”

“The kid is a very talented player, of course. But I wouldn’t like to confirm either way.”

Hrm...sounds like interest. As I said before reports are that United are waiting to find out if they can get Bale to make an offer on Memphis or talk to him. If that's the case we need to move in quickly and get the deal done early so that we don't let another team snake in on our signing yet again.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:09 am

El Cujo wrote:Klopp and Mario...lol this guy thinks Suarez was a 10 at Ajax what a clown. I don't know how I keep reading his posts.

What the *bleep*? rofl

Dude, well before this season I've followed Ajax (and the Eredivisie a small amount in that time as well) since 2008. Suarez was always a 10/SS for them. I'm not sure what history books you're reading, but learn your shit before you try and act smart please. lmao

Or maybe it's just ignorance tbh. You truly believe Bale would be a great 10 didn't you? Laughing

Also, you CAN put me on "ignore".
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:26 pm

Just something else you're making up I guess. Suarez was never a 10. He always played wing or striker. They didn't even use a traditional 10...you can say you watched them all you want but you're obviously lying (or like most people think you just don't know what you're staring at watching football).
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:35 pm

Flano out for 6-9 months, Johnson leaving. RB is a must now.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:55 pm

that is really sad, so keep Wisdom as understudy to for next season and sign one experienced RB

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:09 pm

Wisdom isn't a RB, it's a lost cause to begin with to have him around as one. Manquillo's (weird) loan deal was for two years and I haven't read anything that it was up to us to terminate it after just one, so he'll be with us. Will be very interesting to see who we're going to bring in as first-choice.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:16 pm

Will probably end up getting Clyne or something. Would love to get Alderweireld as he can play as a CB (if we were to use a back 3) or a RB and is great on the ball (for a defender) and is a very good passer. Supposedly Atletico can cancel his end of loan buyout of 6.5 (by paying 1.5m) and sell him to the highest bidder. He would be great all around as he can play quite well as a DM in a pinch also.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:43 pm

Don't mess with me man.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/memphis-depay-likes-facebook-post-5604303#rlabs=2

MEMPHIS DEPAY LIKED A FACEBOOK COMMENT.

That's right Liverpool fans, read it a weep with joy, take it in, this is real.

One person, who we can only assume is working with Liverpool as a scout or negotiator, commented on the post "Welcome to Anfield" and Depay only went and liked it didn't he:

On his official facebook FFS. Probably means nothing, but I'll take anything.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:00 pm

LUKASZ PISZCZEK
ATSUTO UCHIDA

How would you rate these two as RB option???
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:34 pm

Suarez was NOT a #10 at Ajax.  Not sure where that argument is even coming from.

Anyone still want to argue that a RB shouldn't be in the top 2 of our priority list for this summer?  We need a replacement (for all intents and purposes) for Sturridge and a starting RB.  Spend big on those, and use whatever is left to fill out other areas as needed if players leave.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:13 pm

RedOranje wrote:Suarez was NOT a #10 at Ajax.  Not sure where that argument is even coming from.

Just some nonsense.

Anyone still want to argue that a RB shouldn't be in the top 2 of our priority list for this summer?  We need a replacement (for all intents and purposes) for Sturridge and a starting RB.  Spend big on those, and use whatever is left to fill out other areas as needed if players leave.

I agree, but I also think that getting a CM with a powerful long range shot/nose for the net should also be a priority. I don't think it's enough to gamble just on a striker coming in and filling our goalscoring void we should try to add goals to multiple positions to keep the goal threat dynamic.

Memphis, Clyne, Kovacic and a striker that can bag goals would be nice. Unless, again, they convert Memphis to a striker (where he would get the most of his talents anyway).
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:49 pm

A striker and a rightback need to be priorities.  

I don't want to see 5 or 6 signings coming in and totally changing the squad again, we've seen it again and again over the years and its clearly not working.  I'd rather see some overall consistency in the squad with only a couple of MAJOR signings.  If we have money left over after signing a proper starting striker and a rightback, then (and only then) would I be consider pursuing a midfielder.

And unless we see a major exit in the wider areas I don't see any reason to chase Depay.  No need for another wide attacker when we're already struggling to find time/positions for the plethora we have.  Lallana, Sterling, Markovic, Ibe, Origi, and even Coutinho (hell, even Sturridge if he's ever fit and we manage to land a proper striker) can all play well in wide attacking areas and with any combination of A) some form, B) some space created by a mobile striker, and C) some general coherence in the attack (coming from consistency, not another overhaul) can score goals.  I've seen nothing from him that convinces me he's a "can't miss opportunity" when compared to what we have.  Given what we've already invested I'm not prepared to write off one or more of our current options AND spend £25+m on a new one that will be just as much of a risk,  I've seen multiple players exactly of Depay's mold flatter to deceive in the Eredivisie only to struggle badly after making that big money move elsewhere.  Similarly, I've seen players who had trouble settling initially like Markovic who hit the ground running the second season.

And this is to say nothing of the likely need to sign a keeper to replace Jones.

Of course, potential exits could change things.  Sterling would leave a hole that would necessitate filling, in which case Depay jumps right up near the top of the list.  Lucas potentially heading to Italy (something I'd try to avoid but which has been mooted for a while now) would call for another midfield signing.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:08 pm

Memphis is a can't miss talent though. He's not just performed up to snuff in the Eredivisie but was one of the best young players at the WC (I though he should have won the award tbh) and was incredible against Spain in their recent friendly. He has all the tools, the mentality and the physical ability to become a superstar and like we've talked about he actually brings goal scoring and an incredible shot to the table.

Not specific to you, but a lot of people are confusing Memphis with a speedy winger that gets a lot of tap ins and takes advantage of shoddy Eredivisie defending. Memphis is not that -- he actually isn't even that fast. He's got great on ball skills, is extremely strong physically, has an incredible shot, a good cross, is great at set piece delivery and has a good work rate as well. He's the complete package. His ability to spot final balls and make unselfish plays has been evident recently as well.

Anyway in principle I agree with you. I believe in team unity and think that meshing and growing together can definitely outdo just bringing in a whole bunch of really talented players, but at the same time that doesn't mean 3 or 4 additions can't help especially since we'll probably see a pretty big exodus this summer.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:53 pm

As I said, I'm not at all convinced he is a "can't miss" talent. Just about everything you've said was previously said of Ryan Babel and/or Eljero Elia, to use purely Dutch (and Eredivisie) examples. I have never thought of Depay solely as a winger, much less a winger that relies purely on pace. But then I never thought of Babel as such either, discussions of him as a player always centered around his shooting ability and power alongside the more typical creative ability (crosses, passes, dribbling, etc), and potential to possibly operate as a CF as well as his time as a wider attacker.

While Elia did fall into that more typical winger role you speak of, even he was described of as "much more" than simply a speedy winger.

Fair or not, whenever I look at Depay I will see the specters of those two and others like them, at least until such a time as Depay proves he is not their successor. In the meantime, he's neither a necessity positionally, a proven and developed top talent, nor a "can't miss" up-and-comer in my view.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next