Art Morte
Great Leader Sprucenuce
dostoevsky
RealGunner
Hapless_Hans
38 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

CL R16: Shakhtar Donetsk vs FC Bayern München Empty CL R16: Shakhtar Donetsk vs FC Bayern München

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:21 pm

FC Bayern was thrown a lifeline today by surprisingly not having to face certain elimination at the hands of an Arsenal team fired up by unhinged wrath, lust for revenge and blood, the knowledge of being able to outplay us at will, and the unassailable power of the third time charm.

Instead we'll play Shakhtar aka Waxtap, a CL regular team for a decade now or so that has become well known to me over the years as consisting in one half of Ukrainians with Ukrainian names, the other half of very expensive, technically strong and fast as lightening Brazilians I've never heard of although they sound familiar as they carry the names of other more famous Brazilians.
Plus that great Croatian right back on top, who was supposed to join Bayern periodically from 2006 to ca 2011 everytime poor Philipp Lahm was supposed to switch back to the left again for lack of other options.

While we have a realistic chance here, unlike against Arsenal, and while most people would expect us to win this, I have to say I always find myself wondering whether Shakhtar isn't being eternally, if  only slightly, underrated.
A team with some sizeable CL experience, no big club fodder at all, some decent showings against Pepcelona iirc.
In between CL seasons they won the UEFA Cup. Almost eliminated Dortmund in 2013. Great coach, entertaining football from what I remember.
Yet, maybe I'm just speaking for myself, I feel they are treated more like a no name than a comparable team from a country further west would be treated.

Plus, they thrashed GOAT club BATE Borisov this group stage, who in turn handed us our arses in a 3-1 win in our treble winning season, as only one of two teams able to beat us. The other was -- Arsenal ... we've come full circle pale
So consider me warned, if not worried.

Fixtures:
17.2.2015 Shakhtar - Bayern
11.3.2015 Bayern - Shakhtar

Waxtap's home games at the moment are played in Lwiw, aka Lwow, since the civil war in eastern Ukraine severely damaged their home stadium, and, more generally speaking, since there's civil war in the eastern Ukraine.

Traditionally Bayern hate all clubs who have a connection to mining, that's why it would be good if we win this tie.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

CL R16: Shakhtar Donetsk vs FC Bayern München Empty Re: CL R16: Shakhtar Donetsk vs FC Bayern München

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:21 pm

5-0 at home, 2-0 away.

Would be surprised if there is anything less than 4 goal margin between bayern and waxtap.

Don't think they are being underrated tbh. Bayern are the best team in the world along with Madrid. Even someone like Barcelona would be underdogs to this Bayern imo

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

CL R16: Shakhtar Donetsk vs FC Bayern München Empty Re: CL R16: Shakhtar Donetsk vs FC Bayern München

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:43 pm

I would tell you to stop it but I guess I was asking for that Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:13 am

Shakhtar are a dangerous team however I still expect Bayern to go through comfortably after getting a narrow away win with a couple of away goals first up then cruising to a misleadingly dominant 3-0 scoreline at home.

I certainly agree that to an extent they're a side that are continually underrated however the issue remains that their set piece defence lets them down year after year in Europe. Dominating Shakhtar in the air has been the get out of jail card for sides like Chelsea, Juve and Dortmund in the past whenever Shakhtar gave them a fright in all other areas in the park. Expecting Benatia to find the net at some point during this tie.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:24 pm

So.. it's on.

Quotes from the prematch press conference:
bla bla bla

Good news is, with Alaba, Badstuber, Rafinha and Ribery back our injury list has shrunk.
Now we're only missing Lahm, Martinez and Thiago, i.e. a complete world class midfield.

Alonso is a question mark after he had to miss the Hamburg game, but at the moment I'd prefer Schweini, who was spectacular on Saturday, to start in his place, not alongside, anyway.

Boateng can play after missing the last 2 league games with a ban.

For Shachtjor, Bernard is injured and Stepanenko banned.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:54 pm

CL R16: Shakhtar Donetsk vs FC Bayern München Single-tumbleweed-o
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:55 pm

I hope Shakhtar score a couple of goals in their process of going out, just to see if the players wear any undershirts with writing on them, like, "Stop the war!", "Putin OUT!", "I lurk Goallegacy!" or "See you again next year!"
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:02 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:CL R16: Shakhtar Donetsk vs FC Bayern München Single-tumbleweed-o

If you think this is a boring tie, it's no wonder really you're never satisfied with anything your team does.
The Dear Leader is hard to please.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:03 am

if I am allowed to post thousand times without getting banned, I would say this tie is going to be 1000 times better than the scrub tie of Moanisea vs PSG. have to support a German team in Europe for the dominance of Bundesliga drinking

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:05 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:if I am allowed to post thousand times without getting banned, I would say this tie is going to be 1000 times better than the scrub tie of Moanisea vs PSG. have to support a German team in Europe for the dominance of Bundesliga drinking
In terms of what, one-sidedness? Then sure. Most football fans enjoy seeing competitive games, though, so I'm sure they'll enjoy Chelsea v PSG more.
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:05 am

Oh, and this will be a riot. 5-0 incoming.
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:17 am

Shakhtar got this.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:22 am

no mate, you are really underrating Shakhtar. If their coach gets it tactically right, it would be an awesome game for a neutral. I have seen them suffer against a compact team, but if you are going to attack them like Bayern do, you are inviting trouble. That is not to say, Bayern wont win but I fully expect Shakhtar to defend nicely and score 1-2. I think they have Adriano, Costa and that player Texeira can cause them trouble. We will see that today evening.

Chelsea and PSG, are just two big names, am telling you that match is going to be boring.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:27 pm

its interesting that someone even bothered to open a thread for this game.....i thought Bayern fans would wake up only before quarter final draw.....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:51 pm

I don't think we'll get to the quarters this time.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:15 pm

Hans pls
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:41 pm

Only Boateng as CB :rolf:
Pep Proud

Benatia not in the squad do to muscle problems.

People who care about football will watch this game, not the boring plastic standoff :coffee:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:44 pm

I can only imagine what Dante and Badstuber are thinking atm Laughing

i will never take shkhtar seriously again if they don't score
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:47 pm

Dante, sadly, is not first choice anymore, while Badstuber was injured for 2 years, with a short break, and started for the first time on the weekend.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:51 pm

Who cares man, at least they are cbs lol last time pep played with 1 CB he got knocked out by chelsea
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:58 pm

Nah it's ok, Alaba and Rafinha have played in a three man defense before.
Alaba has developed an unique way of playing CB for Pep, he's playing CB, central and attacking midfielder at the same time. :coffee:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:17 pm

Pep already lost hope in Lewa Laughing

Reus incoming...........

Luiz Adriano is this tournaments top scorer apparently but I can't see him score against this Bayern team. Not only has he added Xabi but he is playing alongside Shweini, those two togetger will boss that midfield. Feel sorry for Shaktar. Please pray for them guys Sad
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:23 pm

2 goalkeepers on the bench just cuz Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:51 pm

These Bayern jerseys are too nice.
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:07 pm

CL

no GL chat

am cry

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next